Coastal Events Reviews

35 | Nags Head, NC

35 Reviews for Coastal Events

35 Coastal Events Reviews

Karen did an amazing job! She was always available via phone, email or text and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend her to any bride!

Jane · Married on 09/06/2014

Karen was wonderful to work with. She was super quick at answering all emails and had answers to all my questions.

Coastal Events is wonderful! We couldn't ask for a better planner. Planning a destination wedding has the potential to be stressful, but Karen helped us so much and took great care of everything! She helped me keep up to date with all the vendors, created a realistic timeline, and had a primary and secondary plan for every aspect. Karen was familiar with all the OBX vendors and all of them turned out to be great! We love her and would highly recommend her for any event!

Cheryl · Married on 08/12/2014

We were a little nervous bringing a large group to the beach for our wedding, since we live 7 hours away! The assistance and vendor referrals Karen provided were invaluable. She organized everything and kept track of all the little details! We honestly could not have done it as easily without her. Her fee is so minimal compared to the outstanding service she provides!

Jodie · Married on 09/18/2013

Karen truly was a blessing and probably the best money we spent on our wedding! Since we were planning our wedding from Virginia we would not have been able to do it without her! She was always available by email for the year it took us to plan with very quick responses! We are so pleased with all of our vendors and she recommended them to us! She was very helpful meeting us and setting up appointments for the one weekend we were able to come in prior to our wedding to plan, and she was very helpful and made herself available to us the whole week we were at the beach for the wedding. Couldn't have done it without her!

Melissa · Married on 05/05/2013

Karen was an absolute sweetheart and a pleasure to work with !

Christina · Married on 06/21/2012

Karen was just awesome. Very easy to talk to and really knows how to help guide your vision into reality. All the vendors she set us up with were also wonderful. Our day was just beautiful.

Kate · Married on 05/25/2012

Karen did a wonderful job. There was no doubt she wasn't going to have everything in place and done for the day of. We worked together for a little over a year and I felt comfortable in her hands. I would recommend her to anyone having a wedding in OBX! The vendors we chose were hands down the greatest! Karen's professional relationship with these vendors helped a great deal in getting ideas down and finalized. We thank Coastal Events immensely for their job well done!

Joan · Married on 07/03/2011

Karen and Coastal Events not only provided us with professionalism from the beginning to the end, but also made us feel like family. We knew from the moment we spoke with Karen that our dreams would be made possible. The attention to detail and in-depth knowledge of all that was necessary for a successful and enjoyable wedding was shared with us, and put our minds at ease knowing we were in great hands. We will never forget our wedding day and how smoothly it flowed, allowing us to embrace every moment! Thank you for everything Karen!
    Steve & Joan Aubertin 7/3/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2011

Karen Kelly has a lot of experience wedding planning. She provides tips on setting a time line, budgeting, and the best quality vendors to use. She is very personable and certainly puts you at east on your big day. I recommend her to anyone wanting to experience a dream beach wedding on the Outerbanks setting.

Catherine · Married on 11/14/2009

Karen was very pleasant to work with! She stayed on top of things and kept me on track to ensure that everything got done in time. She had a lot of great ideas and was a big help to me!

Vernon · Married on 09/11/2009

Our daughter was married recently in Duck, NC on the Outer Banks. We were delighted to have Coastal Events handle the affairs. Everything went as planned. Everyone commented on how smoothly the entire reception flowed. Nice work. We'll call you again.

• X

X · Married on 07/26/2009

Karen at Coastal Events was just what we needed for our wedding planning. She seemingly knows all of the vendors on the Outer Banks and is very familiar with all the wedding venues. This helped tremendously as we were planning our wedding from out of state. She saved us a ton of money on our photographer and even cut flowers from her own yard for us to use at our reception. She was one of the least expensive coordinators on the Outer Banks yet she provided everything we needed. I would definitely recommend her to others.

Carol · Married on 06/20/2009

Coastal Events handled the affairs of my daughter's wedding in September on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Everything went smoothly as planned with no surprises. Even the shaky weather cooperated nicely. Coastal Events is a very professional company with lots of experience, espcially on the Outer Banks. I highly recommend them and will use them again.

Colleen · Married on 05/15/2009

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Karen did an exceptional job and I would highly receommend her to anyone!!

Charlotte · Married on 10/17/2008

Coastal Events came to our rescue when my mother-in-law was in hospice and my daughter's wedding was within weeks of the event. I was able to give over much of the last minute planning and duties to Coastal Events while my family attended the last days of my mother-in-law's life. Karen kept in touch daily, used all of her great connections and vender services, and was very professional and sensitive to our unique situation. Karen was a life-saver and my daughter's wedding was perfect under the watchful and experienced eye of Coastal Events.I highly recommend her

Marta · Married on 07/19/2008

Her assistance was priceless, we kept hearing from our guest about how much fun they were having. Everything was pulled off without a hitch thanks to Karen and her crew!!!

Leah · Married on 07/09/2008

Karen was the most fantastic wedding coordinator I could have hired. I only provided basic details as to the aspects of the wedding and she did the rest. It was our dream day, and had I picked out every, single detail I couldn't have made it more perfect.

Dani · Married on 06/07/2008

The services provided by Karen Kelly at Coastal Events was exceptional. She eagerly listened to all of my needs and quickly responded. She also answered all of my questions and was extreamly knowledgable about other services in the Outer Banks. And most importantly, Karen made my special day go off without a hitch! I would highly recommend Coastal Events to anyone.

Caitlin · Married on 06/01/2008

Karen was professional, attentive, detail-oriented, and most importantly a really nice person to work with. She respected my needs, and I could not be more pleased with how our wedding turned out. I would absolutely recommend her to any future bride!

Rhonda · Married on 09/30/2006

Karen was excellent to work with...She only takes a small group of clients to begin with, and she gives them her full attention. She also worked with problem vendors to iron things out w/o our involvement. She's also a native of the area, which gives her many advantages in securing vendors, and also helps to give you the best perspective on local options.

Vicki · Married on 06/15/2004

Karen at Coastal Events was an exceptional wedding planner. She went above & beyond the call of duty. She even drove myself & my maid of honor to my wedding. She made my wedding a day that will never be forgotten.

Nikki · Married on 09/20/2014

The day of the event I felt like I didn't have to worry about a thing! Karen handled everything!

Jamie · Married on 05/10/2014

Karen was extremely knowledgeable regarding vendors in the area and matching us with those whose style would work with the wedding my daughter wanted. She went above and beyond numerous times in pitching in during set-up of the event, helping on the day before and the day of the wedding. She has a great sense of humor and was able to keep everyone relaxed while she took on the tasks that might have put us over the edge. I am not a person who enjoys details so it was nice to have Karen take over that job. She orchestrated the actual wedding itself leaving my husband and myself free to enjoy the entire event. I can't imagine having done this wedding without her help! She also did our older daugher's wedding which was just as fabulous. I highly recommed using her if you are doing a wedding in the Outer Banks!

Deonna · Married on 08/22/2009

Karen, the owner of Coastal Events, provided excellent personal, professional service throughout the 10 months of planning, as well as wedding day coordination. For the planning, she personally knew every vendor in the Outer Banks and was able to administer immediate feedback on each. This was very important to me, since I had only been to the Outer Banks twice, and I was living across the country during all the planning. She always had recommendations for each service, but she also allowed me to make my own decisions, which was important to me. She was invaluable on the day of the wedding, organizing all my vendors and setting up decorations - All I had to do was enjoy my wedding day, something that every bride and groom deserve. She was pricey for my particular budget, but in my opinion, her services were well worth the cost just for my peace of mind that everything would go smoothly before, during and after the wedding.