35 Reviews for Coastal Events

35 Coastal Events Reviews

0.5

Karen was unresponsive, kept forgetting major details and made us feel like we were a burden. My friends and family even got annoyed by her lack of help and really bad service. She was completely disorganized and forgetful. It was like she never planned a wedding before. How did she get so many good reviews?? It's truly baffling. Do your research into other planners and trust this review.

Profile Picture User7265107, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen of coastal events was great! She helped me have a perfect 25 th wedding anniversary renewal!

Profile Picture User5518875, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen did an amazing job! She was always available via phone, email or text and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend her to any bride!

Profile Picture User4358081, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The day of the event I felt like I didn't have to worry about a thing! Karen handled everything!

Profile Picture Nikki, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen was wonderful to work with. She was super quick at answering all emails and had answers to all my questions.

Profile Picture Jane, 9/6/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Coastal Events is wonderful! We couldn't ask for a better planner. Planning a destination wedding has the potential to be stressful, but Karen helped us so much and took great care of everything! She helped me keep up to date with all the vendors, created a realistic timeline, and had a primary and secondary plan for every aspect. Karen was familiar with all the OBX vendors and all of them turned out to be great! We love her and would highly recommend her for any event!

Profile Picture User4348580, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were a little nervous bringing a large group to the beach for our wedding, since we live 7 hours away! The assistance and vendor referrals Karen provided were invaluable. She organized everything and kept track of all the little details! We honestly could not have done it as easily without her. Her fee is so minimal compared to the outstanding service she provides!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 8/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I would advise all brides get a wedding coordinator. It made my life and event stress free.

Profile Picture Jill, 8/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen was pleasant to work with. Everything went as planned.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen was extremely knowledgeable regarding vendors in the area and matching us with those whose style would work with the wedding my daughter wanted. She went above and beyond numerous times in pitching in during set-up of the event, helping on the day before and the day of the wedding. She has a great sense of humor and was able to keep everyone relaxed while she took on the tasks that might have put us over the edge. I am not a person who enjoys details so it was nice to have Karen take over that job. She orchestrated the actual wedding itself leaving my husband and myself free to enjoy the entire event. I can't imagine having done this wedding without her help! She also did our older daugher's wedding which was just as fabulous. I highly recommed using her if you are doing a wedding in the Outer Banks!

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen truly was a blessing and probably the best money we spent on our wedding! Since we were planning our wedding from Virginia we would not have been able to do it without her! She was always available by email for the year it took us to plan with very quick responses! We are so pleased with all of our vendors and she recommended them to us! She was very helpful meeting us and setting up appointments for the one weekend we were able to come in prior to our wedding to plan, and she was very helpful and made herself available to us the whole week we were at the beach for the wedding. Couldn't have done it without her!

Profile Picture Jodie, 9/18/13, 3 Reviews
4.7

Karen at Coastal Events was great! We were planning our semi destination wedding from out of town and she made absolutely amazing vendor suggestions that we can't thank her enough for! Without her, I would have had no idea where to start. We had one major glitch with the wedding (we received an incorrect cake) and she handled it well. She helped us get our money back from the cake vendor and even ran out while we were taking photos to get us a small white cake to cut. She scheduled all my vendor appointments when I came for a few days for wedding planning and she kept the day of running smoothly. I definitely recommend Karen!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/18/13, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen was an absolute sweetheart and a pleasure to work with !

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen was just awesome. Very easy to talk to and really knows how to help guide your vision into reality. All the vendors she set us up with were also wonderful. Our day was just beautiful.

Profile Picture Christina, 6/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen did a wonderful job. There was no doubt she wasn't going to have everything in place and done for the day of. We worked together for a little over a year and I felt comfortable in her hands. I would recommend her to anyone having a wedding in OBX! The vendors we chose were hands down the greatest! Karen's professional relationship with these vendors helped a great deal in getting ideas down and finalized. We thank Coastal Events immensely for their job well done!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/25/12, 1 Review
4.7

Karen (Coastal Events Coordinators) did a terrific job. She got all the details right and was great to work with!

Profile Picture Robin , 9/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Karen and Coastal Events not only provided us with professionalism from the beginning to the end, but also made us feel like family. We knew from the moment we spoke with Karen that our dreams would be made possible. The attention to detail and in-depth knowledge of all that was necessary for a successful and enjoyable wedding was shared with us, and put our minds at ease knowing we were in great hands. We will never forget our wedding day and how smoothly it flowed, allowing us to embrace every moment! Thank you for everything Karen!
Steve & Joan Aubertin 7/3/2011

Profile Picture Joan, 7/3/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen Kelly has a lot of experience wedding planning. She provides tips on setting a time line, budgeting, and the best quality vendors to use. She is very personable and certainly puts you at east on your big day. I recommend her to anyone wanting to experience a dream beach wedding on the Outerbanks setting.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Planning a wedding from afar is challenging, and having a wedding coordinator as wonderful as Karen was my saving grace! I've attended and participated in a handful of friend's weddings, but you have no idea how time consuming it is planning all the details until it's your own wedding.
Karen knows the OBX inside and out, being that she is a native to the area, which helped me completely trust her guidance in choosing my vendors. She is a multi-tasker, busy-body with alot of energy, but regardless of how busy she was, she always was quick to respond to my questions and never made me feel like I wasn't important (and I had alot of questions lol!)
I liked discussing my ideas/preferences with her, getting her valuable hints about how to make it work, and then being able to make my own final decisions. She has a great working relationship with the vendors, and communicated with them and myself openly so that everyone was on the same page. She is very organized and kept track of everything (budget tracking, payment schedules, contracts, time lines.) No matter how overwhelmed I felt at times with planning, it was great having someone as valuable as Karen helping me. My wedding day turned out to be everything that I wanted, and I know I couldn't have done it without her!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/10/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Flexible and open to ideas.

Profile Picture c, 5/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were very satisfied with the wedding planning services provided by Karen at Coastal Events Coordinators. Her extensive knowledge of all the critically important wedding components and available local service providers was essential. Her efforts and council resulted in our daughters wedding being flawlessly executed and it exceeded our highest expectations. Our guests have not stopped raving about how coordinated everything appeared, the quality of the food, our venue and just overall how great a wedding it was.

Profile Picture Robert, 10/15/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen was easy to work with. She understood what I wanted from my wedding and all her recommendations were spot on for my style.

Profile Picture Wendy, 9/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen was very pleasant to work with! She stayed on top of things and kept me on track to ensure that everything got done in time. She had a lot of great ideas and was a big help to me!

Profile Picture Catherine, 11/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our daughter was married recently in Duck, NC on the Outer Banks. We were delighted to have Coastal Events handle the affairs. Everything went as planned. Everyone commented on how smoothly the entire reception flowed. Nice work. We'll call you again.

Profile Picture Vernon, 9/11/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Karen, the owner of Coastal Events, provided excellent personal, professional service throughout the 10 months of planning, as well as wedding day coordination. For the planning, she personally knew every vendor in the Outer Banks and was able to administer immediate feedback on each. This was very important to me, since I had only been to the Outer Banks twice, and I was living across the country during all the planning. She always had recommendations for each service, but she also allowed me to make my own decisions, which was important to me. She was invaluable on the day of the wedding, organizing all my vendors and setting up decorations - All I had to do was enjoy my wedding day, something that every bride and groom deserve. She was pricey for my particular budget, but in my opinion, her services were well worth the cost just for my peace of mind that everything would go smoothly before, during and after the wedding.

Profile Picture Deonna, 8/22/09, 5 Reviews