P.O. Box 680, Grandy, NC 27939 Map · Phone number

About Platinum Party Planning

P3 is a premier planning service that specializes in platinum weddings and business events. However, we do work with smaller events that deal with detail and exquisite taste. Etiquette is where we shine. We know what you can "get away" with and what you cannot or should not do.

Our business has been on a referral basis only until June 2007 when we finally succumbed to the pressure from other wedding professionals to advertise and get a website. A very special thanks to Mary Basnight for really giving us the "pep talk" that we needed.

Gena Martin, President ... Planning events is in my blood. I started planning birthday parties for my dolls as a little girl sending out invitations and having tea and cookies. And then my friends started allowing me to plan their birthday parties. Before I knew it, I was planning dinner parties, New Year's parties and Halloween parties.

While the Assistant Director of Communications at Craven Community College, I helped plan several events including fund-raisers and graduation. I now help local organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce and Animal Lovers Assistance League plan fund-raisers.

My true passion is planning weddings! I give our weddings as much attention as I would my own! There are no second chances here and no room for error. I pride myself on maintaining a calm demeanor and will not forget that the most important thing is that you get married. Everything else is just stuff……FUN STUFF…. but just stuff.

Gena graduated from East Carolina University in 2001 with Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Business and Sociology. Gena has been awarded Small Business of the Year by the Currituck Chamber of Commerce in 2007 and 2009; Ambassador of the Year 2007, 2008, 2009 and serves as a business advisor for the Animal Lovers Assistance League. She is active in the community with the Food Bank and Currituck Wild Goose Rotary where she is the immediate past-president and serves on the board. She has also received the Congressional Order of Merit by the National Republican Congressional Committee and 2008 Presidential Commission. She was an Honorary Chairman for the 2006 Business Advisory Council and was honored as Businesswoman of the Year in 2006.

Danielle Boginsky, Associate Assistant ... I have known Gena for four years where we met as professionals whose offices where in the same plaza. We soon realized that our attention to details and our drive for perfection made us two of the same. Event planning with Gena has enabled me to use and perfect my creative, professional and organizational skills. My mission is to polish the details of the event to ensure that the day is carried out with sophistication, class and style. Wedding planning, in particular, I absolutely love. I enjoy implementing the bride’s desires and making dreams come true.

Gena may be the master mind, but I am the executor.

Follow Platinum Party Planning on

beachproductionsoliver 804
901999101522532274831252105400515o

29 Reviews for Platinum Party Planning

Mary Ellen · Married on 05/13/2017

Gena and her team managed my daughter's wedding on 5/13/17 at Jennette's Pier in Nags Head, NC. We live in Minneapolis so her involvement was critical to an enjoyable day. The wedding was perfect. We thank Gena for guidance and advice in the planning process as well as the top notch management for the rehearsal and wedding day. We relied on Gena's recommendations for the multiple vendors we hired for the event. She has quality, reliable vendors who all worked with us to bring my daughter's vision to life. Gena had good ideas for us for any detail or challenge, large or small. And she was in tune with my daughter to make sure her opinions were heard and understood. The result was a beautiful wedding, a meaningful ceremony, beautiful photos, wonderful food and entertainment and a very delighted Bride and Groom!

Melissa · Married on 10/14/2016

We hired Gena Martin from PPP on for full service planning for our wedding at the Whalehead Club. Gena’s contribution to every part of this wedding was invaluable. She met with us in December 2015 to navigate the planning process in person & coordinate all the details – from setting up all of our tastings with caterers, traveling with us to venues to haggle prices, to discussing centerpieces and décor. She has a superior perspective on what is needed at a wedding and brought up details that neither I nor my fiancé would ever think of needing to discuss. From the moment we booked her, we were very impressed. She had sent us a handful of emails, organized into different topics, breaking the whole wedding planning process into a simple step-by-step guide. She made what could have been a very overwhelming task a simple, and, at times, fun process. At the wedding rehearsal, Gena instructed the bridal party and family to contact either the best man or maid of honor for anything on the day of the wedding and instructed us to give our phones away to them. We loved this and it really to a ton of stress off of our shoulders on the big day so that we could appreciate every moment of getting ready with our bridal parties. On the day of the wedding, Gena carried breath mints, bobby pins, tissues, and all the tools you would find in a bridal survivor kit – and used them as needed to make every moment special. As a bride and groom, you are told time and time again, some things are not going to go quite as planned on your wedding day and not to let this be of bother. Well, this held true for us as well. For example, someone forgot to pick up the flowers and deserts in Kill Devil Hills on the day of the wedding – a 45-minute drive from our venue one way. My maid of honor mentioned this to Gena while I was trying to find a guest to take on the favor of picking them up. Within just a few minutes, Gena was calling us back saying that it was all taken care of and not to wo

Adrienne · Married on 05/20/2016

Gena was absolutely amazing! She was incredibly responsive to our needs, and flexible - she set up a mid-range plan for us, which is more than the day-of service, but less than the full service, and was very helpful. She gave us all the recommendations we could ever need, arranged and attended meetings, and was the point person with several of our vendors. And she was even able to manage our wedding planning while my husband and I were out of the country for several months, and in a different state the rest of the time. She made the planning process incredibly manageable, and was always willing to answer even the smallest questions. The wedding itself was better than we could have ever imagined, she took our vision to the next level, and we loved every minute. The whole event ran so smoothly with her at the helm, I would recommend her to anyone getting married in the Outer Banks!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Platinum Party Planning's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Adrienne. I wish you and Kevin a lifetime of happiness. Gena

Platinum Party Planning FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 2,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• Brooke Mayo Photography
    Brooke Mayo Photography Wedding Photographers

Gena and her staff leave nothing undone, their attention to detail is out of this world!! They even lint roll the fellas jackets before they walk down the aisle!! A wedding with Gena is beautiful, on time stress free for the family and friends, she takes care of everything!!!

• Metro Rental
    Metro Rental Wedding Rentals

Platinum Party Planning is the one you would want to use if you desire a professional, experienced, detail oriented, fun, and honest wedding planner(s) and/or coordinator(s) for your memorable day or event. Gena Martin and her associates are one of a kind. Metro Rental highly recommends their services.

• Baldwin Video Productions
    Baldwin Video Productions Wedding Videographers

When we are shooting a wedding or event with Platinum Party Planning we never have to worry about a thing. They are extremely creative, professional and a pleasure to work with. It's always a relief when Gena is running the show because everything will be handled with care. Look no further when planning your event;)

• P.O. Box 680 Grandy, 27939 See on map