The Proper Setting

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,500 Package Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,500 Package Price

The Proper Setting LLC is a wedding planning company based in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We are passionate about helping you plan out every detail of your wedding. The dedicated professionals at Proper Setting LLC take the time to will work intimately with you to ensure that your wedding perfectly fufills you vision. Let them find the proper setting for you.

Since The Proper Setting is devoted to making sure your wedding is perfect, we offer a variety of services from budget analysis to full planning, ensuring that you won’t have to worry about anything on your special day.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,500

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$5,000

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$75

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

Gabrielle H. Married on 04/30/2022

Above and beyond our expectations! Look no further!

Choosing Kerri from the Proper Setting to be our wedding planner was HANDS DOWN the best decision we made throughout the entire planning process. Planning an OBX wedding from out of state was daunting at first, but as soon as we met with Kerri the process became very simple. We got married at the Black Stallion in Corolla. She has tons of established relationships with local vendors and knows who to recommend. Her experience in the industry is second to none. She is extremely detailed, organized, and was with us for every step. There was always open communication with her and at the end of the day her goal was to make us happy and have the perfect day, which is exactly what happened. We would have NEVER pulled off our wedding if it wasn’t for her guidance. Also, she has become a good friend in the process and we truly enjoyed spending time with her. Seriously, book her now!!!! You won’t regret it!!
    Nicole L. Married on 04/09/2022

Kerri was the absolute best!

I never thought I would need a planner for a small 30 person wedding BUT it turned out the be the best decision. Being from out of town it was reassuring to have Kerri be able to meet and talk with vendors from the area, provide recommendations when needed and walk us through everything. She was detailed and organized so I never worried one bit leading up to the day or the day of. She is so nice and always went the extra mile. We are thrilled to have had her as our planner!
  • Kristina
    Kristina H. Married on 11/05/2021

Orchestrated a perfect celebration!

We had a wonderful experience working with Kerri Catino-Nason for our wedding in the Outer Banks. She is incredibly organized, thoughtful, and a fabulous communicator! The vendors she recommended were extremely professional and talented as well. On our wedding day, everything was perfect in spite of the cold and windy weather. Kerri and her team orchestrated every detail of the ceremony and reception we had planned with precision and grace. Our guests were truly able to enjoy every moment of the wedding since we were all in such good hands.
    We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planning experience for our big day! Thank you so much Kerri and The Proper Setting!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Kerri Catino-Nason
Kerri Catino-Nason
Owner and Event Planner

I am the luckiest person! I have an amazing family, I live in the unparalleled beauty of the Outer Banks, and I do what I love. Every day, I am able to use my creativity, professional experience, and organizational skills to help my clients achieve their visions.

In 2004, I left my corporate law job in New England, moved to the Outer Banks and never looked back. As my family grew, I had the time to focus on my passion: planning events. I have planned hundreds of weddings and sharing my knowledge of the best locations, the best vendors and the best kept secrets for planning an event will give you the confidence, guidance and inspiration you need. I welcome the opportunity to learn about your likes and dislikes, your vision, your ideas and share with you my experience, creativity and attention to detail. Extremely organized, quick-witted and great under pressure, I am confident that I can help you with any aspect of your event. I look forward to helping you create happy memories that will last a lifetime.

Facts: I graduated cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania in 1995 with a B.A. in English and Anthropology. In 1998, I graduated with a J.D. from Boston University School of Law. I am professionally trained by the Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants. I live in Southern Shores with my husband, three children and my dog, Brady, and my cat, Sasha.

Brooke Mayo Photography Brooke Mayo Photography Wedding Photographers

The Proper Setting goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding day runs smoothly. They pay attention to every little detail to make sure nothing slips through the cracks. Having them coordinate and plan your wedding means you have no worries the day of!

Ocean Atlantic Event Rentals Ocean Atlantic Event Rentals Wedding Rentals

Kerri is one of the top planners on the Outer Banks! She is extremely knowledgeable, familiar with the properties and vendors in the area, and with premier events. You definitely won't be disappointed with Kerri's professional yet amiable services!

Made in the OBX Made in the OBX Wedding Favors

The Proper Setting provides professional and personal service. They are highly organized! They are also partnered with many other local businesses to ensure that every aspect of your event meets or exceeds your expectations.

Kitty Hawk Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, 27949
Location of (The Proper Setting)

Other vendors in Outer Banks for your wedding