This vendor is popular with couples. Start a conversation

On WeddingWire since 2007

It's true, fun couples like you want a wedding that is authentic, comfortable, personalized, and upbeat rather than something boring, stiff, and cookie-cutter. Let’s team up and create something you’ll always treasure. Take a look at the reviews and videos here as well as on my website and you’ll see what I mean. You don’t get that big day back, and I’m looking forward to helping you crush it! :)

Experience
Rev. Jay Bowman completed his undergraduate studies at Asbury University in Kentucky, following up with seminary work at North Park Theological Seminary in Chicago. Through a small but solid denomination with Swedish Lutheran roots, he got his ordination credentials. With decades of experience in the church, he is now having the time of his life celebrating personalized weddings from two to 200.

Rev. Jay Bowman performs several wedding types, such as civil unions, interfaith ceremonies, vow renewals, and many more. The licensed reverend also helps couples with customizing their vows upon request.

Frequently asked questions

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$440

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$395

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$295

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
No Denomination
Orthodox Christian
Presbyterian
Quaker

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

FL
NC

What languages do you speak?

English

1,193 Reviews
100% recommend it

Review summary

Powered by AI

Rev. Jay Bowman is highly praised by multiple reviewers for his exceptional officiating services at weddings. He is described as professional, personable, and talented, and his ability to personalize each ceremony is highly appreciated. Reviewers also appreciated his attention to detail and commitment to making the day extraordinary. Many reviewers mentioned their gratitude for Rev. Jay's guidance and the positive impact he had on their special day.

Review summary

Powered by AI

Becky
Becky M. Sent on 04/22/2024

Magic at Coquina Beach with Rev Jay

I’m honestly struggling to find the right words to describe just how amazing and perfect Rev Jay was for our wedding. After we met at the coffee shop 2 days before the wedding, I stayed calm because I knew in my heart we were in good hands. After a few short conversations, it felt like we had known each other for years. I genuinely was excited to see him before the ceremony, like he felt like he was an old friend of ours. Dewie and I have said several times since our wedding day that we can’t imagine another officiant for us - it had to be Rev Jay! So many of our family members have made similar comments. He is so comfortable commanding a crowd and inserts funny and sentimental moments throughout the ceremony to personalize it. He is so passionate and was absolutely the perfect fit to kick off our marriage and this beautiful next chapter for us! We are truly grateful to have found Rev Jay and can’t recommend him enough!
Rich
Rich N. Sent on 07/07/2023

Super awesome

If we could add stars to the review we would. We had the best experience with Rev Jay. Jay made the day very special for us. He included our 3 children, made them feel very important and part of the ceremony. We can’t thank you enough Rev Jay. To sum this up YOU ROCK🤙🤙🤙
Kelly
Kelly A. Sent on 06/01/2024

Rev. Jay is “The One” …

I knew I wanted to be married by the ocean at Corolla Beach NC, but being from PA I didn’t know where to start. I truly feel God guided me to Rev. Jay!!! He was extremely helpful and so genuine. He helped me connect with I Do OBX and they made every bit of my wedding unique and stress free.

Rev. Jay is the real deal, and you can feel his passion and that he truly enjoys what he does. He takes the time to get to know you and your partner prior to your big day. He sent us questions that allowed my husband and I to take time and think about what we loved about each other and why getting married mattered to us. You could tell by how he spoke at the ceremony that he truly absorbed who we were and he became a part of our story. The ceremony was not cookie cutter but tailored to us!

My husband was very nervous and Rev. Jay’s personality made him feel relaxed. We laughed, cried, smiled and laughed some more. Both my husband and I were missing family who passed and Rev. Jay honored them in the ceremony which filled our hearts with love.

Most of all I felt our union was blessed by God as we stood under the sunset he painted and the music of his waves.

Thank you Rev. Jay for taking such good care of me and my entire family. There are no words to truly thank you.
Mike and Kelly Ann Kilroy

30 photos · 07/25/2016
Courtney & Logan
106 photos · 10/10/2010

Hairoics Salon & Spa Hairoics Salon & Spa Wedding Hair & Makeup

Rev. Jay Bowman encompasses everything you could ask for in a wedding officiant. We consider Jay to be the gold standard! The ceremony that he performs will resonate with the Bride, Groom, family and guests throughout the years to follow.

Black Pelican Catering Black Pelican Catering Wedding Caterers

As we work many of the caters on the Outer Banks are blessed to work with so many different vendors. Rev Jay Bowman is most definitely one of the best (if not the best) wedding officiants on the whole OBX. He not only makes your day one of a kind, he also makes you feel like he is part of the family!! We have and always will refer Rev Jay Bowman as the first pick for officiants!

Roanoke Island Festival Park Roanoke Island Festival Park Park & Outdoor Weddings

Rev. Jay does a top notch job. We always enjoy having him out to Festival Park