Rev. Jay Bowman Reviews

Rev. Jay Bowman 6
Rev. Jay Bowman 7

Michele and Eric Mcduffie · Married on 01/31/2019

10th Year Wedding Anniversary Renewal of Vows

Jay went out of his way to ensure our special day was personalized and meaningful for us. He exceeded our expectations for preparing our ceremony. We would recommend Jay to anyone wanting to have a day filled with hope and promise.

Sent on 02/05/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Loved that moment with you two at the little Manteo lighthouse. We all brought our very best and it turned out great. Thank you! Jay
  • Yudialejandra

Yudialejandra Suarez · Married on 01/05/2019

Meaningfulness & comfort

I just had an amazing wedding! Jay is an incredible officiant for any type of wedding. He will take care of every detail or need that you have. He will discuss your plans and give you new ideas to come up with. And during the ceremony, you can perceive his positive energy and great attitude towards marriage as an institution. If you want to laugh at your wedding and create special memories for that day, you should have Jay.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

It was such an honor to be there with you and Juan. Thank you for the very sweet review. A day I won't forget. I'm so impressed with both of you. Big hugs, Jay.
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 12/08/2018

Book him now!

Couldn't have asked for a better officiate! He made us feel like we have known him for years. Thank you so much Jay!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you, Erin!!! Happy New Year (it's going to be a great one) my friend. Wishing you all the best that life can bring. Jay

Rick & Lisa · Married on 10/27/2018

Our Wedding

Our wedding was short-notice, just Reverend Jay, us, our photographer and our realtor! Our ceremony was simple, but honest and fun. We laughed, and cried, had a very meaningful ceremony, shared our vows, kissed, and waved at some people watching. Jay put together exactly what we were hoping for...a ceremony that was simple, sincere and real. Thank you Jay, we’ll see you in a few years to renew our vows!

Sent on 11/11/2018
    Rev. Jay Bowman 8
    Rev. Jay Bowman 9

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

So glad it all came together with the west wind and your toes in the sand. Such a cool intimate moment next to the ocean, just a few miles from your future home. Loved it. See ya around the hood. Jay

Kimberly Penney · Married on 10/20/2018

Over-the_top AMAZING!! Jay is the BEST 😇

We were so thrilled that Jay Bowman was available to marry us on the beach last Saturday. He met with us over coffee a couple of months ago and was super helpful with suggestions about our vows, etc. Jay has this amazing ability to put everyone at ease and to make you feel like you are the most important couple on the planet. His ceremony was powerful, personal, and meaningful to us as well as our guests.
    Chose Rev. Jay and you won’t be disappointed: he is a good omen for a long, happy marriage AND he chases away the raindrops!!

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you soooooo much for the sweet review, Kimberly. You're the best! I just put a video together of your evening on the beach and will be posting it to FaceBook and Instagram early this coming week. Your smile lit up the whole beach. Thank you for trusting me with that important moment. Sending big beach hugs your way. Jay

Paula · Married on 10/20/2018

The Amazing Jay!

Jay is amazing! He was so nice and personable! We went and met him in July and we sat there and just talked about everything under the sun!! He braved the rain for the ceremony on the beach for us!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Well, I think you, Perry, and Penelope are amazing, too! Wish I could have stayed and enjoyed those Duck Donuts with you. So cool how you rolled with everything to 'get-r-done'. Thank you for everything! Jay
  • W

Wade · Married on 10/20/2018

Once In a Lifetime feeling

The view was astonishing , the words and prayers were spot on and relevant to the scenery and the people attending. Very great experience and one of the most pure pastors i have ever met

Sent on 11/11/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you Wade. Sure do appreciate the very kind words. All my best to the two of you in the great journey ahead. Going to be awesome. Jay

Davis Walker · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Planner's Mom's Wedding

As a local, professional wedding planner who has had the pleasure of conducting over 500 weddings and working with countless officiants very personally, Rev. Jay is the best choice you will make for your vendor dream team. We hired him for my mom’s wedding day this fall – so keep in mind when reading this review that I know him personally and have worked with him countless times. On a personal level, when I came to the island a couple years ago, he was one of the first people to genuinely welcome me and make me feel at home. He is an incredibly special person with the power to put anyone at ease with his natural humor – and we laugh A LOT together – and ability to read people. He knows you are the star of the show and is there to lead you, not steal the limelight. I’m honored to stand at the back of each ceremony we’ve done together, and like I always tell my clients, no two ceremonies are alike. I’m not sure how he does it, but he can project so everyone can hear (even me at the back!), without sounding like he’s shouting!! It feels like you’re talking to an old friend. He even knows when to step out of the picture to get a great shot of the couple (like when they kiss – DUH!), which is rare and really makes a difference in your photos. Rev. Jay is worth immensely more than he charges so don’t let his humble nature fool you. Words can’t describe how thankful I am to have crossed life paths with him, and for his services officiating my mom’s ceremony. Forever grateful, my friend. Love you, XO

Sent on 12/08/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Wow, Davis. You put a lot of thought and heart into that review....and it means the world to me that you did. I'm so lucky to not only be able to work with you often at weddings, but especially lucky to be a small part of your family now that I had the honor of performing your Mother's wedding (and she's an all-star like you, too!). To combine professionalism and laughter with you at weddings is such a gift and joy of mine. Thank you for being my friend and teammate. Big hugs, Jay.

Rachel Kallam · Married on 10/19/2018

Absolutely awesome

Jay provided us with top notch service as our officiant. We needed a last minute officiant, and we lucked out with Jay. He created a personalized ceremony and included everything we wanted. He has a warm and welcoming smile and puts you at ease immediately. Truly a blessing to have him join us on our special day.

Rev. Jay Bowman 10
    Rev. Jay Bowman 11
    Rev. Jay Bowman 12

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you, Rachel!!!! I'm so glad you had a beautiful sunny Fall day to celebrate each other. Did you see the video I put on FB and IG of you and John today? So honored to have been there with you. Thank you so much. Take good care of each other (I know you will!). Jay
  • John

John Kallam · Married on 10/19/2018

He is a amazing person all smiles and full of joy.

Jay made the wedding flow together with the ceremony, including the ocean on a beautiful sunny fall day. Jay is a amazing guy and is very comfortable in what he does.

Thanks Jay,
    Sincerely John

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

No, thank You, John! Loved being your officiant and the way you and Rachel were 'in the moment'. So cool. May the journey be GREAT!
    Your friend, Jay.

Peter Hawkins · Married on 10/19/2018

A beach wedding to remember

Never having been to a wedding on the beach, we didn't know quite what to expect. Rev. Jay delivered an outstanding service that embraced the solemnity of the occasion with humor and love.

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to post that review. Glad you enjoyed it and I hope there are more fun times for you on the beach! Take care my friend.

Kim Harrison · Married on 10/14/2018

Jay is special!

Jay is special. When we had our first consultation with our wedding planner over a year before our wedding, she told us about how amazing of an individual Jay is and how excited she was that we might be able to have him perform our ceremony. He did not disappoint! Jay speaks with such passion and sincerity that makes you feel like he's family. Jay made everything so seamless for us so that we could focus on being present for the most incredible moment of our lives. We are so, so happy that Rev Jay Bowman was with us for our wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Rev. Jay Bowman 13

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Seriously, Kim, those words mean a ton to me. There was so much positive mojo present in your guests that beach day, and I loved being a part of that wave of support for you and Eric. So glad that Amanda hooked us up together. Bring joy to the West Coast, and I'll try to do the same out here on the East Coast. (smile). Big hugs to you both, Jay.

Kyleigh Hicks · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Amazing! ♡

Rev. Jay was amazing- kept our guests engaged and gave us a one of a kind ceremony!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

That's because YOU are one of a kind. Loved that beautiful day with you and Hunter down on Hatteras Island. Big beach hugs to you both! Your friend, Jay

Lauren Fife · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect Wedding!

Matt and I met Jay a few years ago when he married close friends of ours. He Spoke with such passion, energy, and sincerity that made an impression on everyone in attendance. We knew when our special day came, we would be honored if he would be a part of it. Luckily, Jay was available and he was a huge part of our journey from beginning to end preparing for the ceremony. Our family and friends met Jay during the rehearsal and we all had so much fun and felt so much love and excitement building for the wedding. Jay was amazing!!!!! He spoke from the heart, made the ceremony personal with knowledge of what he knew of Matt and I, and made us feel like we were the only group of people on the beach that day in that special moment. Our family and friends raved, and continue to every time we talk to them, about how amazing Jay was! There are so many great things to say about Jay. I would highly recommended Jay to anyone planning a wedding in the OBX! ☺️💗

Rev. Jay Bowman 14
    Rev. Jay Bowman 15
    Rev. Jay Bowman 16

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Awwww....you're so sweet, Lauren. Thank you for all those kind words. You and Matt were a joy to be with. It's so much fun to team with couples like you who are soooo appreciative and make everyone around you better. Thank you for trusting me with such an important life moment. Love ya both! Jay
  • Yvonne

Yvonne · Married on 10/12/2018

Fall Wedding in Corolla with Rev. Jay!

Jay was amazing! We met him for coffee during our annual vacation and knew Jay was the right pick to be our officiant. He was passionate, enthusiastic and super responsive. He incorporated so many personal touches into the wedding ceremony for us. As an event planner, it was great to know I didn’t need to stress about any details. The pre-ceremony planning was simple and Jay was able to capture our vision of the day. Even without a rehearsal, it was a perfect flow! Our families loved Jay too! We selected the Coastal Elegance package which framed the ocean and sunrise perfectly! We moved our ceremony a day due to strong winds of Hurricane Michael. Jay was so flexible and made making the date change so easy and stress free. We had our perfect sunrise wedding on the beach!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Most every morning on the beach is beautiful, but Your Sunrise was STUNNING! Wow! Can't wait to see the photos. Thank you for how you made me feel like part of the family. That was a sunrise ceremony for the books! All my best to you and Bill, and thank you again for taking the time to write such a great review. Jay
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2018

Perfect!!!

We loved our experience with Jay! We met with him two days prior to iron out the details of our ceremony, and he made us feel like the center of his attention! We had to move our ceremony up by six hours due to Hurricane Michael and Jay was very flexible. He was committed to involving our two children in our intimate ceremony, and he even stuck around to help with pictures afterward. Highly recommended!

Rev. Jay Bowman 17
    Rev. Jay Bowman 18
    Rev. Jay Bowman 19

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

I love your story. I love your kids. I love that you made that day YOU! And it was one of the highlights of my year to see the four of you jump into the pool together afterwards. Ha! So awesome. You're kids will NEVER forget that. Take care of each other. Your friend, Jay

Becca · Married on 10/07/2018

Rev Jay made our service VERY personalized like he’d known us forever!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Rev. Jay Bowman 20

My honor, Becca. Take good care of each other! All my best, Jay

Mary · Married on 10/07/2018

My husband and I just lost our daughter ten days before our wedding and Jay was able to perfectly mention her in the ceremony. His whole ceremony was perfect and much appreciated.

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Mary, you and Brian were very strong to move ahead with your wedding after such a tough month. You leaned into it together and the day was beautiful. Your love for each other is soooo clear, and I wish you all the best in the journey ahead. Jay
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

Jay was fantastic. Absolutely the best. He made everything fun and simple. Everyone is still talking about how great the ceremony was! We can't thank him enough! Definitely a perfect and unforgettable ceremony for our perfect day in the OBX.

Rev. Jay Bowman 21
    Rev. Jay Bowman 27
    Rev. Jay Bowman 28
    Rev. Jay Bowman 29

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

"Marriage! Marriage is what brings us together today!" Gotta love the PRINCESS BRIDE and how you incorporated it into your ceremony. You were so appreciative and made me feel like part of the family. And it was the first time I've ever seen a deer rack on a beach wedding arch! (smile!). Big hugs, Jay.

Barrie · Married on 10/06/2018

Jay officiated our daughter’s wedding recently and we couldn’t have been more pleased. Although he didn’t know the bride and groom personally, he did his best to capture their personalities and the service was just what they wanted. Jay is incredible to work with. He’s professional, prompt in returning emails and was a calming factor to us all. I highly recommend him for any wedding in OBX!

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Always good to hear a mother's perspective and you shared what I want all parents to know. Thank you for all that you did to make the process productive and 'on point'. It was a joy to celebrate Kellie and Josh's love with that amazing sunset in the background. Thank you again, Barrie. Jay

Kellie · Married on 10/06/2018

Rev Jay was an amazing officiant since day one. Communication was quick and easy throughout the whole process, and he took into consideration what my fiancé and I wanted to put together a perfect ceremony. Dozens of people approached us during the wedding absolutely raving about him and talking about how engaging and captivating he was. One friend even asked us if he would come do a wedding in Michigan! I would recommend Rev Jay to anyone getting married in the OBX.

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

THANK YOU so much, Kellie. Your kind review is exactly what I hope brides will feel on the other side of their wedding day. I still smile when I think of how powerful that sunset was in the backdrop of your promise. Loved it! Take good care of each other. My best, Jay

Vannesa · Married on 10/05/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman was absolutely the perfect person to marry us, he made evrything so meaningful and which exactly what we wanted on our special day.

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Who gets a more beautiful day to get married on the beach than you, Vannesa?! So fun to celebrate with you, Steve, and your great guests. I'm sure the party afterwards was one for the books. Thank you for the very sweet words. Beach hugs, Jay

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

Super Great Officiant to Work With!

We loved working with Rev Jay throughout the wedding planning process. Prior to the ceremony, he got to know us some (via videochat) to make our ceremony perfect. He made our ceremony great, he was serious, funny, and really made our ceremony not boring! We would HIGHLY recommend him! We received many compliments from our wedding guests about the ceremony/officiant being great!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you sooooo much for the great review, Amanda! Your trust in me for such a huge life moment means the world. Thank you! Wishing you many many happy trips to the Outer Banks! Jay

C Baldwin · Married on 09/28/2018

Beach Wedding

Jay was absolutely wonderful. I would definitely recommend.

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you! All my best to you for the journey ahead! Take good care of each other and be sure to come back to the Outer Banks when you can.