Rev. Jay Bowman Reviews

Rev. Jay Bowman 6
Rev. Jay Bowman 7

Jenny · Getting married on 05/06/2019

Unforgettable

Jay, hands down, was the best part of our wedding. He made everything feel- just easy. My guests talked about him for days after saying if they were to ever renew their vows, they would for sure pick Jay. He made sure to add fun in to keep things lighthearted while also capturing the seriousness of the whole reason for my husband and I standing together. I would recommend him to anyone without questions. He is simply amazing at what he does.

Sent on 04/20/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Some couples just seem to stand out; make a mark on your heart. Jenny, you and Ronnie, are like that. I'll never forget those last few minutes before the ceremony was to begin, watching Ronnie and Little Ronnie hugging each other on the beach. You both made me feel like part of the family, and the appreciation you showed meant so much. To say "thank you for the big trust" seems so small to what I feel inside. All my best to your exciting future together. Like I told you on the beach...."We WILL see each other again!" Your friend, Jay
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 04/20/2019

Pick this guy, you won’t be disappointed

Rev Jay was the best guy we could have asked for to perform our wedding. He is the kind of guy you can tell just loves his job, and this makes any couple, including us, feel more at ease. He made us feel like we were his favorite, he made us feel important, and most importantly he made us feel like he WANTED to be with us on our special day. You cannot pick a better dude to be with on your wedding day. I promise you that! Rev Jay, thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

What a fun review! When you love your job like you sensed that I do, being with couples like you is a joy. I truly did WANT to be with you, and was so honored to be the one to stand right there with you on your wedding day. Thank you for 'picking' me, Carissa. You and Brandon have an amazing journey ahead of you. Big hugs, Jay

Shireen Crouch · Married on 04/16/2019

Excellent and amazing!!

All about family and values. Very kind and genuinely cares about the bride, groom, wedding party and guests. Would recommend him to anyone who is interested in a beach wedding! He helped make the day extra special!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank youuuuuuu!!!! You're right, it's important to value the family on such an important day. So glad you enjoyed the day. Beach hugs, Jay
  • Tatiana

Tatiana Posada · Married on 04/13/2019

The Most Popular Person at the Wedding

Rev Jay made our wedding ceremony so personal and intimate. We loved the way he brought everyone together. Everyone after the wedding came up to us praising how amazing he was. Thank you again!

Sent on 04/18/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 8

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Totally my honor! A moment in time you will always look back on and smile. So awesome! Enjoy the journey ahead as 'one'. Big OBX hugs, Jay.

Lourdes and Jaime · Married on 04/13/2019

Tatiana and Paul

My daughter and son in law were married by Rev Jay this past weekend. He was amazing! He tapped into the deep love of these two amazing individuals and captured the essence of the moment. He made the ceremony unforgettable.
    Thank you!!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

I sure do appreciate the sweet review. Love getting parent's perspectives and thoughts. Loved being there with your family. Take good care of them! Jay
  • Mary

Mary Heiser · Married on 03/30/2019

Even better than we could have imagined!

Rev Jay is an amazing officiant! He makes the experience so personal and fun! Everyone that attended the wedding complimented his style, personality, and, quite frankly, thought he was amazing. He really paid attention to who we were as individuals and as a couple, then he found a way to highlight each in an upbeat and memorable way. I cannot say enough positive things! He was one of the reasons our wedding day was an absolutely perfect day!

Sent on 04/16/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 9

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

You have a special place in my heart since both of you are police officers, and that was my Dad's career. Sooooo glad it was such a fun and amazing day for you. Honored to have been your guy. Stay safe out there, and thank you again for all that you do. Jay

Madison Tatum · Married on 03/23/2019

5 out of 5 stars

Engaging, thoughtful, fun, heart felt, comical, personal... honestly the list could go on, he is everything you could ever want in an officiant for your wedding. Hands down best money spent.

Sent on 04/09/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 10

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

It was a powerful moment in Keeper's Loft, and I can't tell you how honored I was to be there with you. The energy and joy in your crowd of family and friends was amazing. Thank you for the very sweet review. All my best for the journey ahead, Jay
  • Janelle

Janelle Conley · Married on 03/16/2019

Rev. Jay is relaxed, personable, and creates a stress-free ceremony.

Rev. Jay was, hands down, the best officiant I could have hired. As someone who becomes overwhelmed and stressed out by details, he made the process of planning our ceremony stress free. We communicated entirely by email and text until the day of the ceremony. To help us plan, Rev. Jay provided a ceremony preparation form and an abundance of resources on his website--including vows and readings that we could choose from.

The day of the ceremony is where Rev. Jay truly shines. We did not have a rehearsal, and so there were some details I was still unsure about, but he made it all happen smoothly. I was stressing about what to use to collect sand for our sand ceremony, but he came prepared with sturdy clam shells that we could use. Additionally, prior to the ceremony, he got to know some of our family and friends and incorporated some details about them into our ceremony.

After the ceremony, Rev. Jay took care of the marriage license so it was one less thing for us to worry about. I wish we could have spent more time hanging out with Rev. Jay post ceremony, but we're blessed to have had him as our officiant and that we will get to see him again in 6 months when he marries two of our good friends.

Since the ceremony, our friends and family cannot stop raving about Rev. Jay's superb job. They appreciated his relaxed nature, his brevity, and his powerful statements. He was not only the perfect choice for our ceremony, he made our wedding day far better than I ever imagined possible.

Thank you Rev. Jay!

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 11

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Wow, everything you said is everything I hoped for. Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, Janelle. My wife loved the pics of your lucky green wedding shoes. Ya'll were great, and I look forward to seeing you again this Fall. Big love, Jay.

Tammy Conley · Married on 03/16/2019

Fantastic Job

Jay is very professional and yet brings a unique touch to the ceremony. It appears he has known the bride and groom for years.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. Wishing you many more fun days on the beach together. All my best, Jay.

Michele and Eric Mcduffie · Married on 01/31/2019

10th Year Wedding Anniversary Renewal of Vows

Jay went out of his way to ensure our special day was personalized and meaningful for us. He exceeded our expectations for preparing our ceremony. We would recommend Jay to anyone wanting to have a day filled with hope and promise.

Sent on 02/04/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Loved that moment with you two at the little Manteo lighthouse. We all brought our very best and it turned out great. Thank you! Jay
  • Yudialejandra

Yudialejandra Suarez · Married on 01/05/2019

Meaningfulness & comfort

I just had an amazing wedding! Jay is an incredible officiant for any type of wedding. He will take care of every detail or need that you have. He will discuss your plans and give you new ideas to come up with. And during the ceremony, you can perceive his positive energy and great attitude towards marriage as an institution. If you want to laugh at your wedding and create special memories for that day, you should have Jay.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

It was such an honor to be there with you and Juan. Thank you for the very sweet review. A day I won't forget. I'm so impressed with both of you. Big hugs, Jay.
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 12/08/2018

Book him now!

Couldn't have asked for a better officiate! He made us feel like we have known him for years. Thank you so much Jay!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you, Erin!!! Happy New Year (it's going to be a great one) my friend. Wishing you all the best that life can bring. Jay

Rick & Lisa · Married on 10/27/2018

Our Wedding

Our wedding was short-notice, just Reverend Jay, us, our photographer and our realtor! Our ceremony was simple, but honest and fun. We laughed, and cried, had a very meaningful ceremony, shared our vows, kissed, and waved at some people watching. Jay put together exactly what we were hoping for...a ceremony that was simple, sincere and real. Thank you Jay, we’ll see you in a few years to renew our vows!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Rev. Jay Bowman 12
    Rev. Jay Bowman 13

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

So glad it all came together with the west wind and your toes in the sand. Such a cool intimate moment next to the ocean, just a few miles from your future home. Loved it. See ya around the hood. Jay

Kimberly Penney · Married on 10/20/2018

Over-the_top AMAZING!! Jay is the BEST 😇

We were so thrilled that Jay Bowman was available to marry us on the beach last Saturday. He met with us over coffee a couple of months ago and was super helpful with suggestions about our vows, etc. Jay has this amazing ability to put everyone at ease and to make you feel like you are the most important couple on the planet. His ceremony was powerful, personal, and meaningful to us as well as our guests.
    Chose Rev. Jay and you won’t be disappointed: he is a good omen for a long, happy marriage AND he chases away the raindrops!!

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you soooooo much for the sweet review, Kimberly. You're the best! I just put a video together of your evening on the beach and will be posting it to FaceBook and Instagram early this coming week. Your smile lit up the whole beach. Thank you for trusting me with that important moment. Sending big beach hugs your way. Jay

Paula · Married on 10/20/2018

The Amazing Jay!

Jay is amazing! He was so nice and personable! We went and met him in July and we sat there and just talked about everything under the sun!! He braved the rain for the ceremony on the beach for us!

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Well, I think you, Perry, and Penelope are amazing, too! Wish I could have stayed and enjoyed those Duck Donuts with you. So cool how you rolled with everything to 'get-r-done'. Thank you for everything! Jay
  • W

Wade · Married on 10/20/2018

Once In a Lifetime feeling

The view was astonishing , the words and prayers were spot on and relevant to the scenery and the people attending. Very great experience and one of the most pure pastors i have ever met

Sent on 11/07/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you Wade. Sure do appreciate the very kind words. All my best to the two of you in the great journey ahead. Going to be awesome. Jay

Davis Walker · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Planner's Mom's Wedding

As a local, professional wedding planner who has had the pleasure of conducting over 500 weddings and working with countless officiants very personally, Rev. Jay is the best choice you will make for your vendor dream team. We hired him for my mom’s wedding day this fall – so keep in mind when reading this review that I know him personally and have worked with him countless times. On a personal level, when I came to the island a couple years ago, he was one of the first people to genuinely welcome me and make me feel at home. He is an incredibly special person with the power to put anyone at ease with his natural humor – and we laugh A LOT together – and ability to read people. He knows you are the star of the show and is there to lead you, not steal the limelight. I’m honored to stand at the back of each ceremony we’ve done together, and like I always tell my clients, no two ceremonies are alike. I’m not sure how he does it, but he can project so everyone can hear (even me at the back!), without sounding like he’s shouting!! It feels like you’re talking to an old friend. He even knows when to step out of the picture to get a great shot of the couple (like when they kiss – DUH!), which is rare and really makes a difference in your photos. Rev. Jay is worth immensely more than he charges so don’t let his humble nature fool you. Words can’t describe how thankful I am to have crossed life paths with him, and for his services officiating my mom’s ceremony. Forever grateful, my friend. Love you, XO

Sent on 12/07/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Wow, Davis. You put a lot of thought and heart into that review....and it means the world to me that you did. I'm so lucky to not only be able to work with you often at weddings, but especially lucky to be a small part of your family now that I had the honor of performing your Mother's wedding (and she's an all-star like you, too!). To combine professionalism and laughter with you at weddings is such a gift and joy of mine. Thank you for being my friend and teammate. Big hugs, Jay.

Rachel Kallam · Married on 10/19/2018

Absolutely awesome

Jay provided us with top notch service as our officiant. We needed a last minute officiant, and we lucked out with Jay. He created a personalized ceremony and included everything we wanted. He has a warm and welcoming smile and puts you at ease immediately. Truly a blessing to have him join us on our special day.

Rev. Jay Bowman 14
    Rev. Jay Bowman 15
    Rev. Jay Bowman 16

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you, Rachel!!!! I'm so glad you had a beautiful sunny Fall day to celebrate each other. Did you see the video I put on FB and IG of you and John today? So honored to have been there with you. Thank you so much. Take good care of each other (I know you will!). Jay
  • John

John Kallam · Married on 10/19/2018

He is a amazing person all smiles and full of joy.

Jay made the wedding flow together with the ceremony, including the ocean on a beautiful sunny fall day. Jay is a amazing guy and is very comfortable in what he does.

Thanks Jay,
    Sincerely John

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

No, thank You, John! Loved being your officiant and the way you and Rachel were 'in the moment'. So cool. May the journey be GREAT!
    Your friend, Jay.

Peter Hawkins · Married on 10/19/2018

A beach wedding to remember

Never having been to a wedding on the beach, we didn't know quite what to expect. Rev. Jay delivered an outstanding service that embraced the solemnity of the occasion with humor and love.

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to post that review. Glad you enjoyed it and I hope there are more fun times for you on the beach! Take care my friend.

Kim Harrison · Married on 10/14/2018

Jay is special!

Jay is special. When we had our first consultation with our wedding planner over a year before our wedding, she told us about how amazing of an individual Jay is and how excited she was that we might be able to have him perform our ceremony. He did not disappoint! Jay speaks with such passion and sincerity that makes you feel like he's family. Jay made everything so seamless for us so that we could focus on being present for the most incredible moment of our lives. We are so, so happy that Rev Jay Bowman was with us for our wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Rev. Jay Bowman 17

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Seriously, Kim, those words mean a ton to me. There was so much positive mojo present in your guests that beach day, and I loved being a part of that wave of support for you and Eric. So glad that Amanda hooked us up together. Bring joy to the West Coast, and I'll try to do the same out here on the East Coast. (smile). Big hugs to you both, Jay.

Kyleigh Hicks · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Amazing! ♡

Rev. Jay was amazing- kept our guests engaged and gave us a one of a kind ceremony!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

That's because YOU are one of a kind. Loved that beautiful day with you and Hunter down on Hatteras Island. Big beach hugs to you both! Your friend, Jay

Lauren Fife · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect Wedding!

Matt and I met Jay a few years ago when he married close friends of ours. He Spoke with such passion, energy, and sincerity that made an impression on everyone in attendance. We knew when our special day came, we would be honored if he would be a part of it. Luckily, Jay was available and he was a huge part of our journey from beginning to end preparing for the ceremony. Our family and friends met Jay during the rehearsal and we all had so much fun and felt so much love and excitement building for the wedding. Jay was amazing!!!!! He spoke from the heart, made the ceremony personal with knowledge of what he knew of Matt and I, and made us feel like we were the only group of people on the beach that day in that special moment. Our family and friends raved, and continue to every time we talk to them, about how amazing Jay was! There are so many great things to say about Jay. I would highly recommended Jay to anyone planning a wedding in the OBX! ☺️💗

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Rev. Jay Bowman 18
    Rev. Jay Bowman 19
    Rev. Jay Bowman 20

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Awwww....you're so sweet, Lauren. Thank you for all those kind words. You and Matt were a joy to be with. It's so much fun to team with couples like you who are soooo appreciative and make everyone around you better. Thank you for trusting me with such an important life moment. Love ya both! Jay
  • Yvonne

Yvonne · Married on 10/12/2018

Fall Wedding in Corolla with Rev. Jay!

Jay was amazing! We met him for coffee during our annual vacation and knew Jay was the right pick to be our officiant. He was passionate, enthusiastic and super responsive. He incorporated so many personal touches into the wedding ceremony for us. As an event planner, it was great to know I didn’t need to stress about any details. The pre-ceremony planning was simple and Jay was able to capture our vision of the day. Even without a rehearsal, it was a perfect flow! Our families loved Jay too! We selected the Coastal Elegance package which framed the ocean and sunrise perfectly! We moved our ceremony a day due to strong winds of Hurricane Michael. Jay was so flexible and made making the date change so easy and stress free. We had our perfect sunrise wedding on the beach!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Most every morning on the beach is beautiful, but Your Sunrise was STUNNING! Wow! Can't wait to see the photos. Thank you for how you made me feel like part of the family. That was a sunrise ceremony for the books! All my best to you and Bill, and thank you again for taking the time to write such a great review. Jay