Rev. Jay Bowman Reviews

Rev. Jay Bowman 7
  • Haley

Haley Keys · Getting married on 08/05/2020

Personalized Experience

Jay was wonderful. He worked with me every step of the way to ensure that the ceremony was catered to us. He was very warm and inviting and made the day special. We would wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 8

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Awww....loved your review, Haley. So glad you wouldn't want to change anything about that wonderful day you had on the island. You were a joy to serve, and I hope we meet up again someday. Thank you, Jay.

Katlynn · Getting married on 06/08/2020

Jay is amazing!

My husband and I got married Tuesday July 16th. We didn’t know anything about having a beach wedding or how it would go. Jay was very helpful with answering all of our crazy questions. On the wedding day, it honestly felt like Jay was someone that we knew and someone that knew us. He touched our hearts during the ceremony. He was a very genuine and nice person! One thing that we thought really stuck out about him was that after the wedding was over he stuck around and took pictures of us just like the photographer was doing. He sent us those pictures that night then, which actually meant the world to us because they were beautiful pictures that we got to get and keep right away after the wedding. All in all, Jay made our wedding feel like no other. Jay, thank you for all that you did for Troy and I!

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 9
    Rev. Jay Bowman 10

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Appreciate the sweet words, Katlynn. It was a beautiful evening in the sand dunes of the Outer Banks, and I'm totally honored to have been there with you. Intimate....and Powerful. Loved it. Take good care of each other! Your friend, Jay.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Brandel · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Warm, friendly, WONDERFUL

Jay is warm, open, friendly and a genuinely enthusiastic part of your ceremony. He managed to make both sides of the family feel great about the elements included. Miracle!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Wow, miracles still happen! Ha! You and Jeremy were so great to team with and gave me the go ahead to fly! Loved it. Thank you for the very sweet review. Excited for what's ahead for the two of you. Your friend, Jay
  • Catherine

Catherine Wall Frank · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Better than expected!

Jay was wonderful. Better than we were hoping for. He took our ceremony that we requested be short and sweet and made it thoughtful and meaningful. We can't thank him enough.

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 11

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

It was my pleasure, Catherine. You and Kevin made me feel right at home with your family and friends there. We were a great team and hit it out of the park. Awesomeness! Your friend, Jay

Nicole · Married on 09/14/2019

Mrs. Nicole Jeffries

We are so happy with Reverend Jay. He was so amazing. He spoke from the heart and takes your lives together and incorporates it into the service. Just absolutely love him and would recommend him to anyone ❤️💗❤️

Sent on 06/21/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you, sweet Nicole! So happy you're happy! Take really really really good care of each other! I know you will. Big love, Jay
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/12/2019

Best I could ever ask for !

I couldn't ask for a better person to marry us. He was everything we wanted and made it unique. He was laid back and not that formal church style. Which was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

We were a good team, Stephanie. How fun was THAT?!!! So great to see it all come together for you. Big beach hugs, Jay
  • Jenn

Jenn Thorpe Mastro · Married on 09/04/2019

What Hurricane?! Rev. Jay to the rescue!

Yes, I’m the bride that took a gamble and planned our wedding during hurricane season (quite the adventure!). AND, I wouldn’t trade it for the world! I was able to stay calm and enjoy the unpredictable experience just days before our wedding thanks to Rev. Jay and his amazing team at I DO OBX Chairs! I booked Rev. Jay 11 months in advance not knowing that he would ultimately be THE key player in making our wedding dreams come true! He communicated clearly and calmly with me throughout the week. He ALWAYS spoke to me with positive vibes and an encouraging, upbeat attitude. And ultimately performed an epic ceremony allowing all of our guests, wedding party, and “a random lifeguard we never met before!” to have a once in a lifetime, memorable experience! He even took a few group photos for us since our photographer couldn’t make the trip due to evacuations and moving the wedding up 2.5 days! I cannot thank him enough for going above the call of duty as an officiant and making us feel like the luckiest, happiest couple on the beach! THANK YOU REV JAY! 👰🤵🥰🙏💕

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 16
  • Kim

Kim Edelin · Married on 09/01/2019

Top notch!

From the moment we met Jay, we knew he was the perfect choice for our officiant. He is so easy going and fun! He made our wedding ceremony tailored to us and our life and it was so natural, like he had known us for many years. The entire ceremony was completely taken care of by his team - from the flowers to the arch, chairs, and aisle decorations - everything was beautiful and perfect! We highly recommend Jay and his behind the scenes team to make your day unforgettable too!

Sent on 09/13/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 17
    Rev. Jay Bowman 18
    Rev. Jay Bowman 19

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

How special to have your ceremony on the OBX property you will soon build your house on?!! Love it! Thank you for the very kind words and I'm looking forward to you being an Outer Bank Local. So glad you found each other. My very best, Jay.

Casey Feller · Married on 08/31/2019

Couldn’t of asked for better

Was more than happy to have Rev. Bowman there to tie the knot for us on our big day. Couldn’t of asked for anyone better. He was so lively and energetic and everyone said how awesome he was and how he did such a great job. Would highly recommend him to anyone for their special day. He is so personal and loving with you and is truly their to make your day that much more special.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Miller · Married on 08/28/2019

He's the BEST!

Rev. Jay was great to work with! He's super responsive to emails and was an excellent fit for my grandparents 50th anniversary vow renewal.

Sent on 09/13/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 20

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

50 Years! Wow, so fun to celebrate couples who reach that amazing milestone like your grandparents. So cool for you to organize and pull that day off for them. They'll never forget your gift. Wishing you, and them, all the best. Jay

Rebecca · Married on 08/27/2019

Totally awesome!!!

Rev Jay and I do OBX chairs helped create not only an amazing experience, but unforgettable. Rev Jay made all of us feel comfortable and confident. You can most definitely tell that he not only loves, but is passionate about what he does. Words can’t express how grateful we are for creating such an amazing experience for us.

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 21

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Every bride is important to me, but I gotta tell ya, you're one for the books. The high tide didn't bother you one bit, and you leaned into the moment for all that it was. You greeted me with that awesome Rebecca smile, which meant so much. Keep being you, Rebecca, and I hope to see you and Alan on the island again some day. All my very best, Jay
  • Deborah

Deborah Malone · Married on 08/25/2019

Wedding in Corolla

I was so nervous
    But jay made me feel so at ease
    And my day WAS the best
    I imagine anyone else doing this for me it couldn't have been any better he it's the most sweetest person and when he came it was like we knew him for a long time he fit like a glove to my most precious day

Sent on 09/16/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you so much for the very sweet review, Debbie. You and Roger were a joy to be with and I wish all the best that the journey ahead has to offer. Take a big swing at it! :) Your friend, Jay.
  • Teresa

Teresa Restey · Married on 08/22/2019

Beautiful Wedding Ceremony

Rev Jay was wonderful to work with and helped to make our day beautiful and special. We had never met him before so we took a risk in hiring someone we had never met to perform our wedding ceremony. Rev Jay was true to everything advertised on his website. He requested detailed info from each of us beforehand which he incorporated beautifully into our ceremony. He was very friendly and professional. I highly recommend his services!

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 31
    Rev. Jay Bowman 32
    Rev. Jay Bowman 33

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you so much, Teresa. It was a beautiful day on the beach that I know the two of you will smile about for a long long time. So honored to have been there with you. We were a good team! :)

Sarah Spangler · Married on 08/20/2019

Jay is amazing! Warm, funny, & professional!

It was like we'd known Jay all our lives! Jay's down-to-earth and personable style made everyone feel drawn in during the ceremony. He went the extra mile to make my 10-year-old daughter feel included and a special part of the day. We live in VA and had a lot of questions about marriage licenses in NC. He was very responsive and provided all of the information we needed to make our wedding day a success. Thanks, Jay!

Sent on 08/25/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 34
    Rev. Jay Bowman 35

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

I wish the whole world could know your story and celebrate it! Love Love Love that your hearts came back together, and so cool to have Olivia be such a special part of the day as well. Your review is super kind and I appreciate every word. THANK YOU!!!! big hugs, Jay

Braquel Cordes · Married on 08/19/2019

Wonderful!

We had a really great experience with Jay. Although it rained on our wedding day, Jay worked with us on back up plans which put my mind at ease. We ended up having a beautiful small intimate wedding and were so thankful we went with him. He was very good at personalizing the entire ceremony and he even mentioned our two dogs which meant the world to us. Thank you for such a beautiful wedding day! If you are thinking of going with Jay, DO IT!

Rev. Jay Bowman 36

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Awww...thank you so much Braquel. Means so much to me that you and Brett trusted me with that big moment. I loved seeing you and your Dad come through that wooded trail during the processional, and Brett was smiling from ear to ear. He couldn't take his eyes off of you (who would blame him?!!!!). Take good care of each other. All my best, Jay

Stuart Aldridge · Married on 08/14/2019

The bomb!!!!

We couldn’t have asked for a better officiant!!! He made our day perfect for us, and everyone at the ceremony loved him to. Thanks Jay for making our day perfect!!!

Rev. Jay Bowman 37
    Rev. Jay Bowman 38
    Rev. Jay Bowman 39

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

You bet, Stuart. You and Molly were so great to me and made me feel like part of the family. It was pretty warm that morning and I know you were sweating, but you leaned into and had a great time with that beautiful bride of yours. Thank you for all the trust you put in me. Such a huge compliment. You've got a great journey ahead. All my best, Jay

Vicki Gallant · Married on 08/08/2019

Jay Bowman is an outstanding officiant!

We couldn’t have been more happier with the entire experience. Jay made our special day memorable in his own unique way. It was a pleasure working with Jay and his crew. I would recommend him to anyone getting married.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Vicki, you and Wayne were so great to be with and celebrate. You were both so appreciative and that makes such a huge difference. I'm so glad it all worked out like it did. Keep on taking good care of each other. I know you will. Big love, Jay.

D Stallings · Married on 08/08/2019

Absolutely wonderful

Great experience and very professional

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth Cuccolo · Married on 08/07/2019

Best decision we made!

Jay was absolutely amazing. He was super responsive from start to finish. He was prompt in answering any questions we had and helped to make the process of a destination wedding so much easier. His words during the ceremony were so personalized, he took the time to really get to know us as a “couple.” All of our guests are still talking about how incredible Jay was and how memorable our ceremony will be! Don’t think twice, pick Jay, you will not be disappointed!! We also had Jay do our rehearsal, it was quick and painless, got everyone up to speed for game day!
    Thank you Jay for making our day one we will never forget!! Seriously, there aren’t enough words, forever grateful!! Will be in touch when it’s time to renew our vows :)

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 40
    Rev. Jay Bowman 41
    Rev. Jay Bowman 42

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Sometimes you meet someone and you know something great is going to happen. That's how I felt when I met you and Chris at The Sanderling event back in March. You both have a solid personal confidence that attracts people, and I was one of them. Your wedding day was a 'wow' for sure. So honored to have been a part of it. Sure do appreciate all the trust you put in me. Your friend, Jay

Judy O'brien · Married on 08/05/2019

Jay made our Wedding Ceremony just perfect! right choice all the way!

Thanks Jay! We are still smiling, we were soooo pleased with everything, it was a glorious day, the best day of our lives, and so happy that you were part of it!
    You made our ceremony even more special, better than we imagined!

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 43

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Better than you imagined! Love it! So glad we teamed together to make your wedding day unique to You! And you're right, it really was a glorious day. One you'll always treasure. Thank you!!! Jay
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Grimm · Married on 08/05/2019

Book Rev. Jay as you Wedding Officiant!!!

Reverend Jay was truly incredible. We met him at the Sanderling Resort meet and greet and he was so welcoming! We quickly new we wanted him to officiate our OBX wedding. My husband and I began dating in high-school and dreamed of having our Youth Pastor present in our ceremony, which Rev. Jay was completely comfortable with! He helped us create a spiritual ceremony while sharing tasks with Martha (our high-school Youth Pastor) and the two came together on our wedding day to orchestrate a ceremony full of the Lord's presence! He spent a great deal of time prior to the wedding, getting to know my husband and I, and was able to share personal details about our lives and relationship. We could not recommend Rev. Jay more!!!!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 44
    Rev. Jay Bowman 45
    Rev. Jay Bowman 46
    Rev. Jay Bowman 47

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

That makes me smile, Rebecca! You and Tyler were a joy to celebrate, and I loved every second of it. Your families were fun to watch, full of pride and love for you both. They were really into the moment like the two of you were. It was an epic day at the Sanderling in Duck. Very happy for you, and thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. Your friend, Jay
  • Sabrina

Sabrina L. · Married on 08/01/2019

Exemplary wedding officiant

Rev. Jay was responsive and professional from the first time we reached out to him. His passion and dedication was apparent throughout the planning process. We were confident that we made the right choice after our first in person meeting with Rev. Jay about five months before our wedding, but he exceeded our expectations! Our ceremony fit our personalities perfectly and I wouldn't be surprised if every couple said the same because he was very intentional. Our guests were very impressed with our ceremony and many commented on how well Rev. Jay's vocal tone carried on the beach. We would recommend Rev. Jay to anyone who is planning a beach wedding or any type of wedding!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Elegant. Romantic. Gorgeous. All those words and many many more describe you and that wonderful day on the beach. It was such a privilege to be the one who stood with you in that epic life moment. Chad cracked me up as we were processing down the aisle and he whispers to me, "This is just a run through, right?" Ha! Take good care of each other, and keep making the world smile. Big beach hugs, Jay

Tim B · Married on 07/31/2019

50th anniversary

Jay did a fantastic job with our parents 50th wedding anniversary. We couldn’t have asked for a better officiant.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you, Tim. Truly my honor. You're blessed to have them as parents, and I hope you get to enjoy them for many many years to come. My best, Jay
  • M &

M & K · Married on 07/30/2019

Outstanding experience!

Why only 5 stars? We will give 100!!
    We are ever so grateful to you for officiating our wedding! Thank you for keeping it short and to the point. You have an excellent way with words. We saw God through you during the ceremony, we felt so at peace. We will be always grateful for you Reverend Jay!!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Awww....thank you, Melissa. It was a great beach day there in Duck, and I loved how your family and friends rallied behind you and Kris. You are very blessed, and I wish you all the best in the fun journey ahead. I give you 100 Stars, too! Beach hugs, Jay.