540 Reviews for Rev. Jay Bowman

Vow Renewal (1)
Orthodox Christian (1)
Methodist (1)
536 Rev. Jay Bowman Reviews

Rev. Jay was awesome! He was able to make our ceremony personal, light-but meaningful and so much fun without even meeting us in person! Thank you so much Jay!!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, Non-religious

Rev Jay was the perfect officiant for our ceremony. However, he became so much more than that, he became our friend. His sincerity and personal attention to us and our family was priceless. Thank you Jay, you made our day truly ours!! God bless...

Profile Picture Jeff, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed

Reverend Jay is simply the best! His sincerity and passion are unmatched. He is organized, flexible, and just a pleasure to be around. He establishes a connection with you that feels like you've known him forever. His process and procedures allow for a personalized and relaxed ceremony. I'm so appreciative of his service and so glad he married us! Reverend Jay should be your pick!!!

Profile Picture Alainia, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I wanted to surprise my wife and renew our vows after 10 years. Jay was absolutely awesome. He kept in contact with me for 6 months to make sure we were on the same page. I was a little nervous being so far away but he made sure everything was taken care of from start to finish. To put the icing on the cake, the man stood in the rain with high tide splashing on us to give my wife and our family one of the most memorable moments of our lives. Even added a little extra to the event with his surprise approach. Thanks again Jay for being there for us. You are a awesome man.

Profile Picture Toby, 6/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jay was AMAZING! His passion for creating a memorable experience was evident throughout the entire process. Even Mother Nature couldn’t dampen the mood!

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Jay was fantastic at making my daughter and son-in-law’s vow renewal a memorable experience. Thank you Jay for helping us all remember the beauty of the last 15 years, even if it was on the porch! Ha!

Profile Picture Tammy, 6/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Jay....what can I say? HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!! I planned my wedding in the Outer Banks from the west coast via email and I didn't speak to Jay not once on the phone but when I finally met him on the big day it was like I had known him forever! He is just such a cool dude and made everything wonderful even though it was a cloudy day threatening to rain! At the reception everyone could not stop complementing us on the ceremony and how they just loved Rev Jay!!! Thank you Rev Jay, you are the best!!! [Rev. Jay works with I Do OBX Weddings to perfect your big day and it was the easiest and best experience I've ever had planning such an event.]

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/12/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Non-religious

Top class in all respects ,
The actual service was way beyond what we had thought that we would get on the day .It was a fun ,easy atmosphere, generated by Rev Jay .
Having attended other family weddings out of town in the past two years it was agreed by all guests they would have liked to have had him officiate for them .

Not planning to do it again but if I did, Rev jay Bowman would be my go to choice . lol .R.

Profile Picture Roger, 6/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Jay was seriously amazing and made our ceremony very personalized and special! We couldn’t have picked better! Thank you Rev Jay!

Profile Picture Niki, 6/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jay was very professional and courteous for our vow renewal ceremony. He kept in contact with me clear up to the time of the ceremony due to the changing weather and having it on the beach. We had a beautiful ceremony with his wonderful words of encouragement even though it was windy and the ocean waves were roaring. Thank you to Rev. Jay Bowman we will never forget the eventful ceremony and his calming ways.

Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Rev. Jay having fun with us during the vow renewal. .
Profile Picture Angela, 6/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Jay was AMAZING!! He personalized the ceremony exactly how we wanted it and truly made our wedding day special. Hands down- he is the officiant to book for your Outer Banks wedding!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Licensed

Reverend Jay Bowman was amazing! You can tell he really enjoys his job and it shows! He made our wedding ceremony special in a way that my husband and I will never forget! We are from Pittsburgh and he was so accommodating since we couldn't come down prior to the wedding! Very pleased!

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Excellent ceremony, fun from start to finish:). Jay was easy to hear, and spoke from the heart!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I’m so grateful Jay was our reverend. He was passionate, caring, professional, helpful, and most of all made our day perfect! Thankyou so much Jay for putting your whole heart into our family and Ceremony! It was absolutely beautiful. Sharing the words Richard and I had to say about each other was so touching. Wouldn’t change a thing!

Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Jay getting the Men Ready
Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Mr and Mrs Overby
Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Setup for ceremony
Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Jr Bridesmaids walking in style paired by Jay
Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Thank you Jay !!!
Profile Picture Ashley, 6/5/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Licensed, No Denomination, Rehearsal

Rev. Jay was great! Recommend!!!

Profile Picture Jodi, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jay Bowman was our officiant for our wedding on June 2, 2018 and we couldn’t have asked for anyone better! He kept the guests entertained and made sure we knew what stage we were at during the ceremony. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in his area!

Profile Picture Kari, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Thank you Jay for making our vow renewal such an amazing unforgettable experience. Your kindness and inclusiveness toward our children was much appreciated. We would recommend you to anyone who asked.

Profile Picture Allison, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Working with Jay was a wonderful experience. Planning even a small ceremony from another state, was very stressful. Once I spoke to Jay on the phone, I knew there was no reason to look any further for the right person to perform our ceremony. He was professional, courteous, responsive, and took the time to get to know our story so he could tailor our ceremony to us. When you meet Jay in person, it only takes a few minutes to see how much he loves what he does. He has a very calming demeanor and during the ceremony he engaged not just us, but everyone who was there. I cannot say enough great things about him, and neither could our guests!

Profile Picture Tammy, 5/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

Rev Jay did an amazing job officiating our beach wedding at the Outer Banks. From the minute we talked to him we knew he would be great! However, he surpassed our expectations. He truly is amazing at what he does. He loves what he does and it pours over not only onto the bride and groom but with all the guest as well. My dad had fun throwing in some jokes throughout the wedding and he stayed on his toes the whole time! It was a slight rain the whole ceremony but because of Jay’s great personality no one even cared! Thank you Jay for giving us these wonderful memories to cherish!

Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Rev Jay gave us the vision we had hoped for!
Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Rev Jay trying to teach my dad a new hand signal..he gave up
Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Blending our families together with the sand ceremony.
Photo for Rev. Jay Bowman Review - Thank you for a great job!
Profile Picture Monica, 5/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

To all the brides out there looking for the absolute best wedding officiant... Rev. Jay is the one!!! Rev. Jay made our wedding ceremony SO special! He is a true professional and you can tell he loves what he does. My husband and I haven't stopped talking about how amazing Rev. Jay made our ceremony. It felt like we had known him for years and years. Definitely go for the package that includes a rehearsal before your big day - It allowed us to feel comfortable with the flow of the ceremony. We cannot wait to be back in the OBX and have a vow renewal with him!

Profile Picture ANNA, 5/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My fiance’ was perusing the OBX magazines on one of our many trips to the outer banks when she came across one of Reverend Jay’s advertisements. We reviewed the information on Rev. Jay’s website and watched the video. We spoke with Rev. Jay on the phone and were both totally convinced that we couldn’t go with anyone else. Rev. Jay made our wedding day very special and very memorable. Thanks Jay!!!

Profile Picture Paul, 5/29/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Rehearsal

Rev Jay was a dream to work with. Living in Nashville we didn't have the opportunity to meet Jay until the day before the wedding. When we started planning a year ago and I came across his website I knew immediately he was the one I wanted to work with. He was always very responsive and helped put us at ease planning from so far away. Even now days later, guests are still commenting and complimenting on how amazing he was!! I will always recommend him to anyone who gets married in this area. And if you're a destination wedding couple, I highly recommend him. He made the whole process feel so easy!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/27/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

We can't praise Rev Jay Bowman enough. He was extremely professional and experienced in his work. He took the time to go through everything in detail, from wedding vows to the ceremony tips and insights, he knows it all and is happy to pass on his expertise to you to make sure your day goes flawlessly. We had a small wedding, with no rehearsal yet with his guidance, it was beautiful and perfect in every way. He took control of the ceremony and made sure everyone was on the same page, from the groom, and to the wedding party. He kept reminding me it was my day and was happy to accommodate every detail of my vision. The ceremony was one straight out of fairy tail, it was Romantic, personable, and comedic. We would not have wanted it any other way. Our guests we’re blown away. (Shell yeah)
Please look no further Jay is your man!
With love Renee & Russell

Profile Picture Renee, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you are getting married in OBX I strongly recommend having Rev Jay as your officiant! Rev Jay provided us with a lovely, funny, heartwarming, and meaningful ceremony. Thank you, Rev Jay, for making our day so special!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/27/18, 1 Review