Rev. Jay Bowman Reviews

Rev. Jay Bowman 7
  • Haley

Haley Keys · Getting married on 08/05/2020

Personalized Experience

Jay was wonderful. He worked with me every step of the way to ensure that the ceremony was catered to us. He was very warm and inviting and made the day special. We would wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 11

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Awww....loved your review, Haley. So glad you wouldn't want to change anything about that wonderful day you had on the island. You were a joy to serve, and I hope we meet up again someday. Thank you, Jay.

Katlynn · Getting married on 06/08/2020

Jay is amazing!

My husband and I got married Tuesday July 16th. We didn’t know anything about having a beach wedding or how it would go. Jay was very helpful with answering all of our crazy questions. On the wedding day, it honestly felt like Jay was someone that we knew and someone that knew us. He touched our hearts during the ceremony. He was a very genuine and nice person! One thing that we thought really stuck out about him was that after the wedding was over he stuck around and took pictures of us just like the photographer was doing. He sent us those pictures that night then, which actually meant the world to us because they were beautiful pictures that we got to get and keep right away after the wedding. All in all, Jay made our wedding feel like no other. Jay, thank you for all that you did for Troy and I!

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 12
    Rev. Jay Bowman 13

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Appreciate the sweet words, Katlynn. It was a beautiful evening in the sand dunes of the Outer Banks, and I'm totally honored to have been there with you. Intimate....and Powerful. Loved it. Take good care of each other! Your friend, Jay.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Brandel · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Warm, friendly, WONDERFUL

Jay is warm, open, friendly and a genuinely enthusiastic part of your ceremony. He managed to make both sides of the family feel great about the elements included. Miracle!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Wow, miracles still happen! Ha! You and Jeremy were so great to team with and gave me the go ahead to fly! Loved it. Thank you for the very sweet review. Excited for what's ahead for the two of you. Your friend, Jay
  • Catherine

Catherine Wall Frank · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Better than expected!

Jay was wonderful. Better than we were hoping for. He took our ceremony that we requested be short and sweet and made it thoughtful and meaningful. We can't thank him enough.

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 14

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

It was my pleasure, Catherine. You and Kevin made me feel right at home with your family and friends there. We were a great team and hit it out of the park. Awesomeness! Your friend, Jay

Nicole · Getting married on 09/14/2019

Mrs. Nicole Jeffries

We are so happy with Reverend Jay. He was so amazing. He spoke from the heart and takes your lives together and incorporates it into the service. Just absolutely love him and would recommend him to anyone ❤️💗❤️

Sent on 06/21/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you, sweet Nicole! So happy you're happy! Take really really really good care of each other! I know you will. Big love, Jay
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Getting married on 09/12/2019

Best I could ever ask for !

I couldn't ask for a better person to marry us. He was everything we wanted and made it unique. He was laid back and not that formal church style. Which was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

We were a good team, Stephanie. How fun was THAT?!!! So great to see it all come together for you. Big beach hugs, Jay

Judy O'brien · Getting married on 08/05/2019

Jay made our Wedding Ceremony just perfect! right choice all the way!

Thanks Jay! We are still smiling, we were soooo pleased with everything, it was a glorious day, the best day of our lives, and so happy that you were part of it!
    You made our ceremony even more special, better than we imagined!

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 15

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Better than you imagined! Love it! So glad we teamed together to make your wedding day unique to You! And you're right, it really was a glorious day. One you'll always treasure. Thank you!!! Jay

David Luby · Married on 07/10/2019

Jay is exceptional!

Jay was exceptional to work with and delivered an amazing ceremony. We would highly recommend using Jay for your wedding!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you Dave. You and Audra were so fun to celebrate. Take good care of each other! All my best, Jay

Cari · Married on 07/05/2019

Absoulty perfect

If I could put 10 stars on here I would. If you are looking for the best and someone who loves what they do and that can make you feel like family the moment you meet look no further. Rev Jay did our wedding in Avon N.C and it was so perfect. Planning a wedding 5 hours away was stressful enough and not knowing how it was going to come together but Rev Jay did a perfect job even down to getting our jitters out by reminding us to just breathe. He even found us a photographer at the last minute and needless to say they work great togather and there was plenty of laughing and having fun with our pictures. We can’t thank him enough for making our day our dream come true!! PERFECT!!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

If I could give the two of you 10 stars for being an awesome couple I would! Wait, I CAN do that! You officially get 10 stars (ha!) and thank you for the wonderful and fun review. I hope our paths cross again some day. Your friend, Jay.
  • Amy

Amy Montgomery · Married on 06/25/2019

Very Personable!

Rev Jay was very personable and made us feel immediately comfortable! We joked that he has an ability to summon the dolphins. He mentioned his ceremony before ours, they paused to appreciate the moment before they started because there were dolphins that passed by. Then as our cermony started, same thing! Dolphins swam by so we paused to watch them swim by and then proceeded with the ceremony. He does a great job being flexible and going with the flow.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Ha! That WAS pretty amazing! Wish I could summon that beautiful surprise for all my brides, but at least you got it. So fun. So beautiful. Thank you for the sweet words. Happy 4th of July week! Jay

Lawren Riffle · Married on 06/23/2019

Exactly how we imagined it!

From the moment I walked down the beach, to the moment we were announced Mr. & Mrs., it was exactly how we had discussed & planned it. I couldn’t ask for a more perfect ceremony! Jay was so personable & funny, & we had such a good time! My husband immediately said after, “I’d recommended him to anyone.” We couldn’t thank him enough for making our special day the absolute best!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 16

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

That's so cool to hear, Lawren. You came all the way from West Virginia to say "I Do" next to the ocean, and it all came together. Very happy for you both! And guess what, you review was #700. Cool! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! xo Jay

Keirsten · Married on 06/22/2019

Rev Jay was an Absolute Hit!

After watching videos of Rev Jay online prior to booking, we felt fairly confident he would be a good fit for us. Throughout our entire planning process he was extremely responsive and helpful with even the smallest of questions. We met him for the first time on the day before the wedding for our rehearsal and we immediately felt like he was a part of the family. His demeanor is calming and he is extremely patient. The entire ceremony on the day of the wedding was so smooth, and he put us both at ease every step of the way. He did a fantastic job at incorporating everything that we asked for! We had several guests coming up to us inquiring about Rev Jay and how awesome his presence was at the ceremony. We are so grateful to have crossed paths with him and hope we will be able to again some day!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

One of the most special couples of the whole year. Loved being with you, Fidel, your wedding party, and awesome guests. Let's do it all over again on your 10th Anniversary!!! Ha! Seriously, thank you for the huge trust you put in me. Loved every second of it. Happy Trails! Your friend, Jay.

Justine Frizzell · Married on 06/21/2019

Professional and Personal

Working with Rev Jay from Kansas was quite easy. He was very flexible with all of our needs. Seeing and being on the ocean front for our big day was nothing but extraordinary! The best part though was when Rev Jay prayed for us from the bottom of his heart at the ceremony. He truly did and still does care for us. Thank you Rev Jay!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

You can tell if someone is really there with you, or just there. I brought my heart to the big moment just like you and your family, and you made me feel a part of the family and not just an onlooker. Thank you Justine. May the road for you and Cody be amazing! Beach hugs, Jay.
  • Amy

Amy Druck · Married on 06/19/2019

Reverend Jay is the best!

Reverend Jay was awesome and helped us make the best of a bad situation when the weather decided to throw us a monkey wrench! We went from a wedding on the open beach to under a pier with heavy rain and lightning but his easy going manner saw us through! It was a wedding to remember for sure!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

I've never seen a light show like that during a wedding! Awesomeness! Thank you for taking the time to send in a nice review, Amy. Here's to many happy beach days for you and Ken. Make it count, Jay.
  • Wendy

Wendy Nichols · Married on 06/17/2019

Mr. & Mrs. Jeffrey Nichols

Rev. Bowman was great. He absolutely made our wedding day the best. So friendly .

Sent on 06/21/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 17
    Rev. Jay Bowman 18

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Thank you, Jeff. You and Wendy were so appreciative and that means a lot to me. Maybe our paths will cross again some day. Give that pretty bride of your a hug for me. Your friend, Jay
  • Kathy

Kathy Martucci Crossman · Married on 06/15/2019

Aside from marrying the love of my life, Reverend Jay was the best part of the wedding!

I cannot even begin to put into words how amazing it was to work with Reverend Jay. From booking his services just about a year before my wedding, to the rehearsal the day before to the wedding itself, working with him was such a pleasure. He captured everything we wanted in our ceremony and did it in such a way that people would think we'd known him for years. He made my (now) husband and I so comfortable during the ceremony which is saying a ton because both of us HATE being up in front of people. You can truly tell that Jay loves what he does. A number of my guests approached me during the reception to ask how I'd found him and mentioned that he was just about the best part of the wedding (sorry Jay, you don't trump me getting to finally marry the love of my life - haha). My boss even mentioned he was bummed out he couldn't meet and shake Jay's hand. Jay jumped in our photo booth and sent me a fun text message before leaving for the evening. Just as a side note, Jay also offers an arch that can be placed on the beach - we used that service of his as well. The arch was a beautiful touch.
    If you're getting married in the Outer Banks (or anywhere Reverend Jay is willing to travel) you need to book him. He is just amazing!

Rev. Jay Bowman 19
    Rev. Jay Bowman 20

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

It's always a humbling experience for couples like you to trust me with such a big life moment. I'm glad you could tell I brought my heart and that it was far more than just a gig on my calendar. You were beautiful inside and out, and I could tell you both were really 'in' the moment. Honor & Fun is a great mix for a beach wedding. So glad it fit the two of you. Your friend, Jay
  • Kim

Kim Nusser · Married on 06/14/2019

A very genuine man who knows his craft.

We could not be more pleased with Jay Bowman. He provided a vow renewal for our daughter in Salvo, NC in June. His information and suggestions were "spot on." He accommodated us at every twist and turn including schedule changes. The service he conducted was moving and he treated our family as his.

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

After meeting you in person this past week, I know you are a person who only says something if he means it. That's why your review is one of my all time favorites. I mean that. You trusted me with your daughter's moment, and that's a huge compliment. And once again, thank you for all those years of service in uniform. Proud to be your friend, and I hope our paths cross again some day. Jay
  • Sara

Sara Secrist · Married on 06/13/2019

Surprise Vow renewal was AMAZING

Myhusband planned a vow renewal for our anniversary. Rev Jay was outstanding! Our service was beautiful and a total surprise. Ceremony was just perfect and so thoughtful. I can say enough nice things about Rev Jay and this wonderful experience.

Rev. Jay Bowman 21

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Awww...thank you, Sara. You were such a good sport about being surprised like that, but it was fun to see you embrace the moment with Dan. So cool that your three kids were a part as well. Big beach hugs....and here's to another 13....no, 53 years! Jay
  • Shawn

Shawn Knepper · Married on 06/10/2019

Unquestionably the Best

We knew from the moment we met Rev Jay that our wedding day wouldn't be the best it could be without him involved. He's always genuine in his words and actions and a fun person to be around. Jay makes each moment of the ceremony feel like the grand finale of a fireworks display. He connects well with the guests and he made us feel like he's known us for years.

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 22
    Rev. Jay Bowman 23

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Well thought out review, and I appreciate every word, Shawn. You and Lexi were so great to me and made me feel like part of the family. It was an epic day on the pier, even if I couldn't pull off the cowboy hat near as cool as you. Ha! Ya'll enjoy the journey ahead together. Hope our paths cross again someday. Your friend, Jay

Makenzie Wilbourne · Married on 06/09/2019

Wilbourne wedding

Jay is the man! He and his team are the best! Everything about it was easy and our wedding was perfect!

Rev. Jay Bowman 24
    Rev. Jay Bowman 25
    Rev. Jay Bowman 26

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

So honored to have been the one to take care of you and your guests on the big beach day! Take good care of each other! Jay

Evan Wilbourne · Married on 06/08/2019

Awesome Beach Wedding!!!

My wife (thanks to Rev. Jay lol) had done all of the communication and planning with him and his team. We (coordinator, wife, and myself) met with him the day before the wedding and went over everything for the next day. He made the whole thing easy - guiding us through the ceremony the whole time. All of our guests loved him and said he was great and made it fun! We really wished he could’ve stayed for the reception but because of his reputation of being the perfect guy for the job, he had another wedding to officiate a little later. (Note: don’t misinterpret that he rushed through ours to do the next one. He ensured us that we were his main focus, stating that “we had his full attention” and we never doubted that.) If I hear of someone planning a wedding, I will DEFINITELY recommend Rev. Jay. He was awesome!

Sent on 06/20/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 27
    Rev. Jay Bowman 28

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

So cool of you to take the time to send such a great review, Evan. We were a good team that beautiful beach day and I'm so glad you are very pleased with how you were taken care of. And you're right, I was 100% there with you in a moment for all time! Awesome! Enjoy the journey, my friend. Jay
  • Charity

Charity · Married on 06/08/2019

Where do I even begin?!

Married June 8, 2019 at the Nags Head Village Beach Club. We were beyond blessed and so lucky to have such an awesome person marry us! I first met Rev. Jay at the OBX bridal show in 2018. Unfortunately, I had already had a minister set up at the time but I still listened to what he offered. 6ish months prior to our wedding the minister we had fell through. (While fighting tears) I remembered “Jay from that bridal show!” So I searched the internet (thanks google for the hookup). I contacted him and had him booked, I believe in the same week! The next time we saw Jay was at an adorable OBX coffee shop after we applied for our marriage license. He was so down to earth and apparently loves to take funny selfies! Jay stayed in contact and made sure we were on the same page up until the wedding ceremony was over. He was very quick to respond to emails and answer any questions we had. Jay arrived at the rehearsal (thank goodness he knew what he was doing because I didn’t). #firsttimer
    He walked us through the ceremony as many times as we needed; until everyone felt comfortable! The day of the wedding he reached out through text and said “The day is here! See you at 5:30. Love, Jay.” Which was so thoughtful!
    The point of this story is that; time and time again he reminded us that we weren’t just paying for some random to show up day of and read out of a bible and hand us our rings. We had chosen someone that showed interest in our story and strived to create a relationship with my husband and I. When Jay told us “I will make that ceremony feel like you are the only ones getting married in the OBX,” he was not kidding. He held up that statement. We really felt as if we were the only two people on that beach, in that given moment! We are so thankful for that! Thanks Rev. Jay for all of your email reply's, laughs and positivity! I highly recommend that if you’re getting married in the OBX that you chose Jay to marry you! So, if you’re between options and need a sign, this is your sign! Book Jay! You won’t be disappointed. (I’m not being paid to say this) 😆 He truly assisted In making our special day better than ever imagined!

Love,
    The Murphy’s

He will also do all the handling of the marriage license! You just have to apply for it and give him the documents. He will bring it to your wedding and file it for you! One less thing you have to worry about forgetting on your special day!

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Rev. Jay Bowman 29
    Rev. Jay Bowman 30
    Rev. Jay Bowman 31
    Rev. Jay Bowman 32

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Charity, you mentioned not being paid to write that review, but I should because that is one of the most amazing reviews ever ("check is in the mail! Ha!). I knew from the very first moments when we met at the coffee shop that you and Tyler were one of those couples who would make a special mark on my heart. I really mean that. And then the rehearsal and wedding days came and it was even better than I thought it would be. The energy and love in your family and friends was so powerful. I can't wait to show you what I've done with the "Let's do it!" video quote you gave me. FUN!!!! Take good care of each other. I'm very proud of you both. Your friend forever, Jay.
  • Bridget

Bridget Cogar Broaddus · Married on 06/06/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Rev. Jay is simply the best! With having a destination wedding, I wasn't sure where to start and Jay helped me pick a beach spot for the ceremony, a chair and decoration package and was fantastic with communication throughout the process. My guests raved about how amazing he was and made us laugh and feel perfectly comfortable during the ceremony. I can't thank Rev. Jay enough for making our wedding fun, memorable, unique and a true dream wedding! I highly recommend choosing him if you are looking to get married in OBX!

Rev. Jay Bowman 33
    Rev. Jay Bowman 34

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Means a lot to me that you took the time to think through such a nice review. It was an awesome day and you're a great couple. May the journey ahead be even better than you can imagine.
    All my best,
    Jay
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/05/2019

So Amazing

We cannot say enough wonderful words about Rev Jay. He helped make our ceremony personal, intimate, fun, and memorable. He really captured our personalities and went above and beyond what we expected. Rev Jay and his crew were so helpful when we had a change in ceremony plans and helped to make sure everything still went smoothly. Our guests are still talking about how wonderful Rev Jay is! Thank you a million times.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Rev. Jay Bowman's reply:

Kelsey, you and Brian were so kind to me, and I loved being your officiant for the big day. So cool to see how much the two of you were 'in the moment'. Sure do appreciate all the sweet and kind words. All my best, Jay