Kitty Hawk, NC 27949 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Ceremony by Cynthia

Hello!

I am a Non-denominational Wedding Officiant with over 10 years of experience, located on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I met my husband here on the beach (literally!) 25 years ago and have had the pleasure of raising my boys and growing a business here. I was once a wedding planner prior to officiating, so I offer each couple my extensive knowledge of vendors and activities on the Outer Banks to provide an additional special touch to your wedding festivities. Ceremony by Cynthia will assist you in creating & personalizing a ceremony that will reflect you as a couple, and your beliefs, to ensure your special day is all that you envision.
Celebrating Love from Corova to Hatteras
Specializing in All Types of Wedding Ceremonies, Including Same Sex, Vow Renewals, Sand Ceremonies

Follow Ceremony by Cynthia on

cynthia 1

12 Reviews for Ceremony by Cynthia

• Kathi

Kathi Desaulniers · Getting married on 05/02/2020

Like working with a friend

I just got off the phone with Cynthia & I am so excited to be booking her as our officiant for our wedding next year. I literally felt like I was talking to an old friend she’s so personable & friendly. Even though I am heterosexual I have strong beliefs in the fact that love is love regardless of gender & she is more than happy to perform same sex marriages. I believe that divorce is necessary when things aren’t working & you’ve tried to make it work- she has no issue with & doesn’t judge people who are divorced. I want the person performing our ceremony to be someone who holds similar beliefs. I am agnostic- she isn’t but took no issue with that & didn’t preach religion to me when I told her that. She even started giving me great advice on ways to save money on our multiple upcoming expenses & recommendations of great vendors since this will be a destination wedding making it difficult to know the best people & deals out there. She also said she’ll be happy to customize our vows, gave me suggestions on them & is going to send me some sample vows to help me with ideas to make it the perfect day. I can’t wait til our special day & look forward to her making our love official!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Alisa Hugdahl · Married on 08/08/2019

Last minute

I reached out to Cynthia at the very last minute and she was so gracious to accommodate us. She could not have been more prompt, personable and responsive.

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Schildt · Married on 07/24/2019

Enchanting ceremony - delightful officiant

.....When you know you are where you are meant to be with the one officiant who is designed to transform your dreams into your reality. This is exactly what Cynthia has done for us. She received our plans of elopement with only a few days notice prior to our requested ceremony date. We emailed her on Saturday evening and though she was out with friends, within minutes we received her reply.
    She communicated with us regularly, ensuring that everything was exactly the way we envisioned. Cynthia offered suggestions and recommendations that added even more beauty to the most intimate moment of our lives. Cynthia’s expertise was very evident throughout the entire process leading up to and during the ceremony.
    The best services always extend from those who love what they do, and Cynthia was no exception to the rule. Her kindness and joyful spirit bestowed before, during and after our ceremony will always be remembered with gratitude and thanksgiving.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Award

Ceremony by Cynthia FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 330.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 200.00
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins., 30-60 mins., 60+ mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY

Real Weddings

• Kim Kalman
    Kim Kalman Wedding Musicians

I've known Cynthia for over 10 years - knowledgable, level headed, caring, flexible - her service will make your special day beautiful and memorable!

• Brooke Mayo Photography
    Brooke Mayo Photography Wedding Photographers

If you're looking for an officiant who makes you feel comfortable and like she's know you forever, Cynthia is your gal!!! Gorgeous, professional and creative ceremonies!!!

• Kitty Hawk, 27949 See on map