The Proper Setting Reviews

The Proper Setting 6
The Proper Setting 7

Melanie Cahoon · Married on 10/20/2018

Even a Girl Who Knows What She Wants Needs a Planner

When we began in April 2017 planning our daughter’s wedding, a wedding consultant was not on our list. Melissa had visions of her dream wedding and knew exactly what she wanted. However a friend recommended the services of a planner and endorsed Kerri of A Proper Setting. Working with Kerri was a dream. She had excellent suggestions, thought of details we would have missed, and planned the timing of the weekend so that everything moved smoothly and flawlessly without feeling rushed. She even handled the wedding crasher in such a subtle manner that no one knew she had visited! Kerri’s honesty, integrity and passion for her work make her the only choice for this job. Thank you Kerri for your part in making Melissa’s dream wedding a reality.

Melissa Southern · Married on 10/20/2018

Could not recommend Kerri more - an ideal wedding planner!

Working with Kerri was a dream. As a bride who was planning my wedding from a distance, it was so helpful to have Kerri on the Outer Banks and willing to reach out to vendors to get an answer. Her strong personal relationships with many of the companies in the Outer Banks wedding industry ensured that communication, contracts, planning, and execution went smoothly.

In our own communications, Kerri was incredibly responsive and never restricted the number of communications we could have, either by phone or by email. I was never hesitant to reach out and knew I would receive a thorough and thoughtful response in no time.

I would highly recommend Kerri as a wedding planner. She is organized, responsive, experienced, and personable. She is who you want by your side on your wedding day (besides your groom, of course)!

• Tatum

Tatum Clements · Married on 10/13/2018

Five Stars!

When we started the wedding planning process, my fiance questioned the need for a wedding planner as I have event planning experience. I said "we need a planner," and then we hired Kerri. From the very beginning she was awesome. Kerri laid out our planning process and checked in with us regularly via email, phone and face to face meetings to make sure everything was on track. We had a few hiccups along the way and Kerri was there to help us through them all- including a hurricane brushing by the Outer Banks just 36 hours before our wedding. Kerri was the calming reassuring voice that helped us get through the bumps in the planning process. She was there to offer sound advice, alternative plans and compassion. Not only is Kerri extremely organized, but she is easy to talk to and work with. When the wedding day came, everything flowed perfectly. The wedding was beautiful, stress-free and fun. Jamie and I had the best day and night, and a HUGE part of that is because of Kerri. When the wedding day came, Jamie said "I don't know what we would have done without her!" Thank you Kerri for helping us plan our dream wedding in less than a year and for being there for us from beginning to end :)

The Proper Setting 8
  • LeeAnn

Leeann Edwards · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience!

I can’t express enough how thankful I am that Kerri was there to help me through the whole wedding process! I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day, knowing she was there to keep things running smoothly. She thought of details I never would have, and supported my vision of a wedding that was totally us! Kerri is amazing, and I truly could not have done it without her!

Joe & Lori Mcgraw · Married on 10/06/2018

Picture Perfect Wedding Experience!!!

Our only daughter's wedding on the Outer Banks, NC in early October was absolutely perfect! We know that is largely due to the hard work and organizational skills of Kerri Catino-Nason of The Proper Setting. From our first meeting she calmed our fears and led us through all stages with kindness, patience and professionalism. We would highly recommend Kerri and her team and know that your wedding experience would be blessed by their exceptional guidance and expertise!

The Proper Setting 9

Cameron · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfection throughout the whole process

Kerri was so attentive, thoughtful, flexible, and overall fabulous. I could not imagine my wedding day without her. She made our wedding experience one that we will treasure forever and focused on the small details so we would not have to worry. The whole process with her was seamless from the detailed timelines that she promptly provided to us, to the informative meetings we had with her throughout our engagement, to the day-of where she spent the whole day making sure everything came together. She formed a strong relationship with all of my vendors and they all felt comfortable communicating with her directly taking the stress off of us. I can not say enough wonderful things about Kerri!

The Proper Setting 10
  • Chelsea

Chelsea O'connell · Married on 09/10/2018

Best planner around. Hands down!

Kerri was a dream come true. Planning a destination wedding generally isn't easy, but she sure made it feel like a breeze. She did not forget a single thing! She was so polite and comforting when I was having my bridal panic attacks. She also hired a handful of extra staff members hours before the wedding to make sure we met our timeline with the crazy weather we experienced! Our wedding would have been a flop without her and we cannot thank her enough! Absolutely amazing!

The Proper Setting 11
    The Proper Setting 20
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 08/27/2018

Best Wedding Planner- In Good Hands

Kerri was the perfect wedding planner to make our special day come true. We were always in good hands with Kerri especially given the concerns that come along with destination weddings. She was responsive and on top of everything. Her reputation precedes her throughout the OBX wedding community and it was reassuring to know we chose the best service for our big day.

• Ellen

Ellen · Married on 08/11/2018

Fantastic experience!

The Proper Setting (Kerri) helped me plan the wedding of my dreams! Communication was great and regular, and the the whole process was well planned and organized. Loved the 'wedding timeline' that Kerri prepared for me! No matter what weddings are stressful- for me it was stress of the budget- but Kerri helped me stay calm. I was living abroad for 3 months leading up to the wedding, but Kerri took care of everything and the wedding ended up so amazing. Would highly recommend The Proper Setting for a gorgeous Outer Banks Wedding.

Mikaela · Married on 08/04/2018

Kerri is AMAZING. She kept me calm and relaxed, she kept my family in check- everything ran so smoothly. It was the best, most fun, amazing day of my life and honestly, I was fully prepared to be stressed and anxious during the wedding, but it completely exceeded my expectations. It was seamless. I feel like I just showed up and had fun.

John · Married on 07/12/2018

Kerri is simply awesome!

I am the father of the bride. I cannot - in any way - describe the support, guidance, ideas, and focus that Kerri and team provided us. The wedding involved getting 80+ guests to the OBX. We rented two large homes (42 bedrooms in total) and had food and supplies for 5-6 days of guests, plus the rehearsal dinner, the wedding itself, etc. Kerri guided us on the photographer, officiant, caterers, hair/make-up, and everything else. Most of all - always with a smile and an extremely supportive and positive attitude, no matter what. In fact, on the day of the wedding itself, Kerri and her assistant were stranded in a flooded car and not only made the venue on-time, but (with that smile!) she only told us what occurred over a celebratory glass of wine after the reception wound down. She is a pro - and I promise you, you will not be let down!

The Proper Setting 21

Alexa · Married on 07/12/2018

Because of The Proper Setting, our wedding was perfect.

My husband and I are from New York, and having a wedding in OBX was our dream. We did not know the first thing about having a wedding in North Carolina or how to even begin organizing. I can honestly say that without Kerri our wedding would have never come together. From the first moment we spoke with her, we knew that our wedding would be nothing but perfect. Kerri organized all our vendors, guest lists and housing for our trip to OBX. Wedding planning would have been stressful on our every day lives, but Kerri made it care free and honestly fun! She guided us in the right direction at every turn of planning. We are so incredibly grateful for Kerri because our wedding was the best day of our lives. You cannot go wrong with hiring the Proper Setting and Kerri to handle all your wedding needs. Thank you Kerri! Much love.

The Proper Setting 22

Paige Teramana · Married on 06/15/2018

Can’t say enough about The Proper Setting LLC

My husband and I could not say enough wonderful things about Kerri & her team! Not only did she plan & coordinate our wedding, she also handled our Welcome Party, Rehersal Dinner & Send off Brunch! Kerri is personable, dependable, professional, and simply on top of it all! We can’t thank Kerri enough for all that she did for us and our guests, she made our wedding week one that we will remember for the rest of our lives!

The Proper Setting 23

Michele · Married on 06/09/2018

If I had a penny for every time we said "thank goodness for Kerri" during our wedding planning process...It was worth it tenfold to have such a knowledgable, attentive, positive, and all around awesome person to help with all of the details and organization of our wedding day. Any time I started a sentence or email with "I'm worried about" or "But what if...?" Kerri was there to offer zen wedding wisdom that made us feel totally at ease. She is incredibly organized and helps strategize how to chip away at the planning so that it doesn't feel overwhelming. It was super enjoyable and FUN to work with Kerri and her team - thank you Kerri!! We miss you!

The Proper Setting 24

Matt · Married on 06/01/2018

Kerri was excellent throughout the entire process and knows the ins and outs of having a wedding in OBX. Besides assisting with preparatory planning the week/day of went off perfectly making the lead up as stress free as possible.

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2017

Kerri was amazing! She put all of my worries to ease and helped me every step along the way. She was always available to answer my questions (and I had a lot of them) and thought of every detail. I was completely stress free on my wedding day, thanks to Kerri and The Proper Setting, and had the best day of my life. I highly recommend her!

Noelle · Married on 10/28/2017

Where to begin? Kerri Catino-Nason with The Proper Setting was a dream! She made our day so uniquely perfect and special and we are forever grateful for our time spent with her. Our wedding was a destination wedding, which can be somewhat nerve wrecking not having the opportunity to meet with every vendor, but we found so much comfort having Kerri managing our every detail. She is organized, responsive, detail oriented, professional, easy going, fun loving, and overall outstanding! There is something about Kerri that makes you feel like everything is and will be taken care of. She had a clear understanding of our vision and paid close attention to every detail that was important to us. The day of the wedding I had no concerns and truly felt calm and relaxed because I knew Kerri had everything under control. She made our day flawless and perfect in every single way possible. We will cherish our time spent with Kerri and we would recommend her to anyone planning to get married in the Outer Banks. She is the best!

Holly · Married on 10/20/2017

We cannot say enough great things about Kerri and her team. She helped us with all details and questions before the wedding and provided us with recommendations of incredible vendors...who were all amazing. On our wedding day, she was priceless. I did not worry about one thing that morning. It was literally the perfect day!

Carolyn · Married on 10/14/2017

Kerri is absolutely fantastic! She is very organized and attentive to details. She literally was our saving grace! Hiring Kerri was worth every penny. I couldn’t imagine planning a destination wedding without her by our side. Everything was fabulous on the day of the wedding. It was exactly what we dreamed.

If you are in the midst of planning a wedding on the OBX. You must hire Kerri!!! I promise you regret it!!

Caroline · Married on 10/06/2017

Living in Chapel Hill, I can't even imagine how I could have planned my Outer Banks wedding without Kerri. She was amazing, helping with everything from the houses we rented to the vendors we used. We said we wanted a magical night - and that is exactly what we got. Everything went exactly as planned (when does that ever happen?) and our guests repeatedly told us it was "the best wedding ever." Thank you, Kerri!!!

Emily · Married on 09/30/2017

Kerri Catino-Nason, The Proper Setting LLC, made our day perfect! She made every aspect of planning our wedding so much more convenient and removed a lot of the stress involved with 'The Big Day'. She followed all guidelines set forth in our business contract and provided us with all of the services we paid for. She was quickly responsive to all phone calls, emails, and text messages we sent, regardless of how busy her wedding season schedule was during that time. She made us feel like we were her priority even though we knew how busy she was with other clients as well. She met all deadlines with all other vendors and coordinated all phone calls and meetings that were scheduled. She provided a full detailed wedding budget and ensured we were still getting all of our must-have details while staying in that budget. Even though we live quite a long distance from the Outer Banks, her services made us feel like we were in the area and planning our day ourselves. On the day of the wedding she made sure all participants and vendors in the event were following the timeline and schedule of the day and she really made our day perfect! We could not have made this day as amazing as it was without her and I would highly recommend her services to anyone who was considering a planner for their special day.

Bill · Married on 09/30/2017

Kerri was simply outstanding. Her sense of what works, her collection of trusted vendors, her style, and her attention to detail made me relax and leave the details to her. As the father of the bride, I wanted the best day possible for my daughter -- and we got that and more. And, as a corporate event planner, I know how the little things matter. Kerri gets this, and, even with a hurricane in the area, she had me relaxed and confident. I'd use her again (but NO more weddings for my daughter).

Jeff & Julie · Married on 09/29/2017

Where do we start!?!!? Kerri from the Proper Setting is the epitome of what one can hope for in planning the most important day of your life. It is easy to get overwhelmed by all that is involved in planning a wedding, but the Proper Setting somehow makes all the pieces fall in place. Our experience was better than "best in class" and the end product was a true testament to Kerri's professionalism and vision. Our family and friends have said to us on numerous occasions "how did you guys put together such a beautiful wedding?".... Our answer every time is "Kerri"!

deb · Married on 09/16/2017

Keri was absolutely awesome for my daughter's wedding in September. I wasn't sure about hiring a wedding planner, but OMG, thank GOD I hired Keri. I forgot how many details there are for destination weddings. My daughter had 4 parties in 2.5 days. So, we needed a ton of help finding a venue, catering, Dj, photographer, decorator, officiant, ceremony music, cake vendor, etc. She met with us and immediately established our needs to recommend preferred vendors in the OBX. She made all the calls to get the ball rolling and continued to be in contact and follow up with all the vendors. She created a spreadsheet with a timeline as well as a vendor spreadsheet with costs and services. She followed up for over a year with us through the planning process. When it came down to 2 weeks prior to the wedding, she was taking initiative to reach out to all the vendors to ensure they were on target with dates, times etc. I didn't have to follow up. The day prior we had the rehearsal and she handled all the details. Wedding day... I didn't need to follow up with anyone. She did it all. I had the opportunity to relax and enjoy my daughter's wedding after 14 months of planning. Thanks Keri for all your help, keeping us moving and making the process enjoyable. Most of all, thank you for taking care of all the details the day of the wedding so I could enjoy my daughter's wedding :)

Sent on 09/19/2017

The Proper Setting's reply:

Thank you so much for trusting me with the details and for your kind words!