The Proper Setting Reviews

131 | Kitty Hawk, NC

131 Reviews for The Proper Setting

Connor · Married on 08/08/2020

Kerri is the best!

Our wedding had so many changes because of COVID, and Kerri helped us through every little thing. Then, on the day of, it looked like it might rain. Kerri made the call to start the ceremony early and got everyone (both families, wedding party, guests, vendors) coordinated and ready to go. It rained right after we finished -- without her, we'd have all gotten soaked! Thanks to her, we had a beautiful, rain-free ceremony. It was a huge help to have someone experienced making these decisions so that we didn't have to stress about anything. Thank you for everything Kerri!!

Sent on 10/25/2020

Joanna Kane · Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing women

Kerri was an absolute god send! Through the whole planning process she was always friendly and available to talk whenever we needed her. When COVID closed our beach to any outside visitors, we had to postpone and she was right there with us to contact vendors and do whatever we needed. We came up with so many alternate plans and she spent so many hours helping us with them all. I could not have made it through this year without her. I highly recommend Kerri.

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Clair

Clair Schenkel · Married on 06/12/2020

Wedding Planner & Then Some

Kerri is absolutely amazing. She was my wedding planner for our June 2020 wedding - I am not sure I would have survived the ups, downs and unknown of COVID wedding planning without her. There are three parts to this review...

Pre-COVID Planning: *If your venue is The Black Stallion - don't even think about looking anywhere else for your planner! She knows the ins & outs of this venue like nobody's business.* She was once the caretaker of the property and has the best connections. She knows what works and what doesn't. She gave us her honest opinion on everything while helping our vision come to life. My husband loved working with her too because she is cool, calm & collected and SO easy to be around.

COVID planning: when March rolled around, I basically stopped sleeping at night. It was such a hard decision to postpone our wedding and Kerri was there with us every step of the way. We had her for month-of planning only, but she cares about her clients so much that she wasn't going to let us flounder without any help. She helped us pivot and plan a smaller intimate ceremony, while working with each vendor to assist in settling contracts for postponing.

Post COVID: Talking to Kerri always felt like talking to an old friend, and now I consider her nothing less. We will never forget how helpful she was and are truly grateful for having chose her to guide us through this process!

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Thorn · Married on 05/05/2020

Five stars is not enough!

Kerri and The Proper Setting team were absolutely amazing to work with! Kerri truly was my right hand throughout this process. She made everything so simple and every single detailed was planned perfectly. We didn't have a SINGLE issue on our big day thanks to Kerri's meticulous and thorough planning! She made herself available when I needed her and answered all of my questions. She was flexible, worked within our budget, and was extremely professional. Plus, she is so knowledgable about what's available on the Outer Banks! I truly cannot recommend Kerri enough--she was absolutely amazing to work with and made our day perfect! Do not plan an OBX wedding without Kerri's help!

Sent on 02/04/2020

Sara Kristof · Married on 02/10/2020

Best Wedding Coordinator on the Outer Banks

Kerri's organization and resources enabled us to have our dream wedding. She was there every step of the way providing us with valuable information and was our support system both prior to the wedding and during the Day Of. She helped us organize our vendors, timeline and even proof-read our vows! She is the best wedding coordinator in the area and I would recommend her without hesitation to any bride (any especially to any Type A Brides.)

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/05/2019

An Amazing Experience!

We were extremely lucky to have Kerri and her assistant with us on our wedding day and a few weeks prior. Kerri took on our wedding without much notice, and we are forever thankful for her. We couldn’t have done it without her. Her coordination is flawless, and she is just all around amazing at what she does. We received numerous compliments from close family and members of the bridal party about how great she was. The weekend of our wedding, my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy it because we knew she had everything under control. In fact, as soon as we talked to her on the phone and hired her we felt a huge sense of relief and knew she would take care of the wedding day and make it happen. The wedding was flawless, and I would highly recommend her to anyone- she is the best!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Melanie Cahoon · Married on 10/20/2018

Even a Girl Who Knows What She Wants Needs a Planner

When we began in April 2017 planning our daughter’s wedding, a wedding consultant was not on our list. Melissa had visions of her dream wedding and knew exactly what she wanted. However a friend recommended the services of a planner and endorsed Kerri of A Proper Setting. Working with Kerri was a dream. She had excellent suggestions, thought of details we would have missed, and planned the timing of the weekend so that everything moved smoothly and flawlessly without feeling rushed. She even handled the wedding crasher in such a subtle manner that no one knew she had visited! Kerri’s honesty, integrity and passion for her work make her the only choice for this job. Thank you Kerri for your part in making Melissa’s dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Melissa Southern · Married on 10/20/2018

Could not recommend Kerri more - an ideal wedding planner!

Working with Kerri was a dream. As a bride who was planning my wedding from a distance, it was so helpful to have Kerri on the Outer Banks and willing to reach out to vendors to get an answer. Her strong personal relationships with many of the companies in the Outer Banks wedding industry ensured that communication, contracts, planning, and execution went smoothly.

In our own communications, Kerri was incredibly responsive and never restricted the number of communications we could have, either by phone or by email. I was never hesitant to reach out and knew I would receive a thorough and thoughtful response in no time.

I would highly recommend Kerri as a wedding planner. She is organized, responsive, experienced, and personable. She is who you want by your side on your wedding day (besides your groom, of course)!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Tatum

Tatum Clements · Married on 10/13/2018

Five Stars!

When we started the wedding planning process, my fiance questioned the need for a wedding planner as I have event planning experience. I said "we need a planner," and then we hired Kerri. From the very beginning she was awesome. Kerri laid out our planning process and checked in with us regularly via email, phone and face to face meetings to make sure everything was on track. We had a few hiccups along the way and Kerri was there to help us through them all- including a hurricane brushing by the Outer Banks just 36 hours before our wedding. Kerri was the calming reassuring voice that helped us get through the bumps in the planning process. She was there to offer sound advice, alternative plans and compassion. Not only is Kerri extremely organized, but she is easy to talk to and work with. When the wedding day came, everything flowed perfectly. The wedding was beautiful, stress-free and fun. Jamie and I had the best day and night, and a HUGE part of that is because of Kerri. When the wedding day came, Jamie said "I don't know what we would have done without her!" Thank you Kerri for helping us plan our dream wedding in less than a year and for being there for us from beginning to end :)

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • LeeAnn

Leeann Edwards · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience!

I can’t express enough how thankful I am that Kerri was there to help me through the whole wedding process! I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day, knowing she was there to keep things running smoothly. She thought of details I never would have, and supported my vision of a wedding that was totally us! Kerri is amazing, and I truly could not have done it without her!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Joe & Lori Mcgraw · Married on 10/06/2018

Picture Perfect Wedding Experience!!!

Our only daughter's wedding on the Outer Banks, NC in early October was absolutely perfect! We know that is largely due to the hard work and organizational skills of Kerri Catino-Nason of The Proper Setting. From our first meeting she calmed our fears and led us through all stages with kindness, patience and professionalism. We would highly recommend Kerri and her team and know that your wedding experience would be blessed by their exceptional guidance and expertise!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Cameron · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfection throughout the whole process

Kerri was so attentive, thoughtful, flexible, and overall fabulous. I could not imagine my wedding day without her. She made our wedding experience one that we will treasure forever and focused on the small details so we would not have to worry. The whole process with her was seamless from the detailed timelines that she promptly provided to us, to the informative meetings we had with her throughout our engagement, to the day-of where she spent the whole day making sure everything came together. She formed a strong relationship with all of my vendors and they all felt comfortable communicating with her directly taking the stress off of us. I can not say enough wonderful things about Kerri!

• Chelsea

Chelsea O'connell · Married on 09/10/2018

Best planner around. Hands down!

Kerri was a dream come true. Planning a destination wedding generally isn't easy, but she sure made it feel like a breeze. She did not forget a single thing! She was so polite and comforting when I was having my bridal panic attacks. She also hired a handful of extra staff members hours before the wedding to make sure we met our timeline with the crazy weather we experienced! Our wedding would have been a flop without her and we cannot thank her enough! Absolutely amazing!

• Ryan

Ryan · Married on 08/27/2018

Best Wedding Planner- In Good Hands

Kerri was the perfect wedding planner to make our special day come true. We were always in good hands with Kerri especially given the concerns that come along with destination weddings. She was responsive and on top of everything. Her reputation precedes her throughout the OBX wedding community and it was reassuring to know we chose the best service for our big day.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Ellen

Ellen · Married on 08/11/2018

Fantastic experience!

The Proper Setting (Kerri) helped me plan the wedding of my dreams! Communication was great and regular, and the the whole process was well planned and organized. Loved the 'wedding timeline' that Kerri prepared for me! No matter what weddings are stressful- for me it was stress of the budget- but Kerri helped me stay calm. I was living abroad for 3 months leading up to the wedding, but Kerri took care of everything and the wedding ended up so amazing. Would highly recommend The Proper Setting for a gorgeous Outer Banks Wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Mikaela · Married on 08/04/2018

Kerri is AMAZING. She kept me calm and relaxed, she kept my family in check- everything ran so smoothly. It was the best, most fun, amazing day of my life and honestly, I was fully prepared to be stressed and anxious during the wedding, but it completely exceeded my expectations. It was seamless. I feel like I just showed up and had fun.

Sent on 08/06/2018

John · Married on 07/12/2018

Kerri is simply awesome!

I am the father of the bride. I cannot - in any way - describe the support, guidance, ideas, and focus that Kerri and team provided us. The wedding involved getting 80+ guests to the OBX. We rented two large homes (42 bedrooms in total) and had food and supplies for 5-6 days of guests, plus the rehearsal dinner, the wedding itself, etc. Kerri guided us on the photographer, officiant, caterers, hair/make-up, and everything else. Most of all - always with a smile and an extremely supportive and positive attitude, no matter what. In fact, on the day of the wedding itself, Kerri and her assistant were stranded in a flooded car and not only made the venue on-time, but (with that smile!) she only told us what occurred over a celebratory glass of wine after the reception wound down. She is a pro - and I promise you, you will not be let down!

Alexa · Married on 07/12/2018

Because of The Proper Setting, our wedding was perfect.

My husband and I are from New York, and having a wedding in OBX was our dream. We did not know the first thing about having a wedding in North Carolina or how to even begin organizing. I can honestly say that without Kerri our wedding would have never come together. From the first moment we spoke with her, we knew that our wedding would be nothing but perfect. Kerri organized all our vendors, guest lists and housing for our trip to OBX. Wedding planning would have been stressful on our every day lives, but Kerri made it care free and honestly fun! She guided us in the right direction at every turn of planning. We are so incredibly grateful for Kerri because our wedding was the best day of our lives. You cannot go wrong with hiring the Proper Setting and Kerri to handle all your wedding needs. Thank you Kerri! Much love.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Paige Teramana · Married on 06/15/2018

Can’t say enough about The Proper Setting LLC

My husband and I could not say enough wonderful things about Kerri & her team! Not only did she plan & coordinate our wedding, she also handled our Welcome Party, Rehersal Dinner & Send off Brunch! Kerri is personable, dependable, professional, and simply on top of it all! We can’t thank Kerri enough for all that she did for us and our guests, she made our wedding week one that we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Michele · Married on 06/09/2018

If I had a penny for every time we said "thank goodness for Kerri" during our wedding planning process...It was worth it tenfold to have such a knowledgable, attentive, positive, and all around awesome person to help with all of the details and organization of our wedding day. Any time I started a sentence or email with "I'm worried about" or "But what if...?" Kerri was there to offer zen wedding wisdom that made us feel totally at ease. She is incredibly organized and helps strategize how to chip away at the planning so that it doesn't feel overwhelming. It was super enjoyable and FUN to work with Kerri and her team - thank you Kerri!! We miss you!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Matt · Married on 06/01/2018

Kerri was excellent throughout the entire process and knows the ins and outs of having a wedding in OBX. Besides assisting with preparatory planning the week/day of went off perfectly making the lead up as stress free as possible.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2017

Kerri was amazing! She put all of my worries to ease and helped me every step along the way. She was always available to answer my questions (and I had a lot of them) and thought of every detail. I was completely stress free on my wedding day, thanks to Kerri and The Proper Setting, and had the best day of my life. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Noelle · Married on 10/28/2017

Where to begin? Kerri Catino-Nason with The Proper Setting was a dream! She made our day so uniquely perfect and special and we are forever grateful for our time spent with her. Our wedding was a destination wedding, which can be somewhat nerve wrecking not having the opportunity to meet with every vendor, but we found so much comfort having Kerri managing our every detail. She is organized, responsive, detail oriented, professional, easy going, fun loving, and overall outstanding! There is something about Kerri that makes you feel like everything is and will be taken care of. She had a clear understanding of our vision and paid close attention to every detail that was important to us. The day of the wedding I had no concerns and truly felt calm and relaxed because I knew Kerri had everything under control. She made our day flawless and perfect in every single way possible. We will cherish our time spent with Kerri and we would recommend her to anyone planning to get married in the Outer Banks. She is the best!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Holly · Married on 10/20/2017

We cannot say enough great things about Kerri and her team. She helped us with all details and questions before the wedding and provided us with recommendations of incredible vendors...who were all amazing. On our wedding day, she was priceless. I did not worry about one thing that morning. It was literally the perfect day!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Carolyn · Married on 10/14/2017

Kerri is absolutely fantastic! She is very organized and attentive to details. She literally was our saving grace! Hiring Kerri was worth every penny. I couldn’t imagine planning a destination wedding without her by our side. Everything was fabulous on the day of the wedding. It was exactly what we dreamed.

If you are in the midst of planning a wedding on the OBX. You must hire Kerri!!! I promise you regret it!!

Sent on 10/19/2017