The Proper Setting Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Amanda Married on 07/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop what you are doing and hire kerri

To work with Kerri is to make a friend for life. I am so grateful for her!!! She is an incredible planner with invaluable knowledge of the OBX, great relationships with quality vendors, and a kind, caring demeanor. Over the close to 2-years we worked together, Kerri helped me plan the most beautiful and FUN wedding. We had a great time throughout the process, and she really became a part of the family. It was so important to me to have someone who knew my vision from day one and could talk through all of the little details throughout the process. She did all of that and more. If you are on the fence about hiring a planner vs. a day of coordinator, stop debating and hire Kerri. Seriously. She is worth every single penny and more!!!
  • Molly
    Molly L. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely wonderful! Stress free planning!

Kerri and her team are exceptional! They planned our wedding end-to-end, helping us build a timeline and budget, select vendors, design the experience, and managed the day of. In all aspects of planning, Kerri made the process smooth, easy, and most importantly fun. We felt little or no stress throughout the process or the week of as The Proper Setting had worked with all of the other vendors many times over and knew all of the steps that needed to be taken, when to take them, and how to ensure we had the perfect day.

We also hired Kerri to help with the Friday night and Sunday brunch and she made the whole weekend perfect. We didn't have to think about any of the details throughout the weekend, she had the right people arrive at the right times and didn't expect us to do anything but have a blast! I couldn't recommend The Proper Setting more and feel so lucky that we had the fortune of working with Kerri throughout our wedding planning. Only wish we could do it all again!

My best advice for anyone planning a wedding is if you can, hire a planner. And if possible have that planner be Kerri and The Proper Setting. Thank you for everything Kerri and team!
    Caitlin R. Married on 05/13/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kerri Catino-Nason the best of the best!

Where do I even begin. Kerri Catino-Nason was an absolute dream to work with. She was a true professional who listened, advised, cheered us on and more. Once we shared our vision with Kerri – she went above and beyond to make it happen! From day one to the wedding rehearsal to the welcome party to the wedding day - Kerri paid attention to every single detail. When weather became an issue on our wedding day – Kerri was on top of it. I can’t thank her enough for all she did to make our destination wedding perfect. I am so glad to have connected with Kerri because we truly couldn’t have done it without her! – Caitlin & AJ – May 13, 2022 – Corolla, NC
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Gabrielle H. Married on 04/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Above and beyond our expectations! Look no further!

Choosing Kerri from the Proper Setting to be our wedding planner was HANDS DOWN the best decision we made throughout the entire planning process. Planning an OBX wedding from out of state was daunting at first, but as soon as we met with Kerri the process became very simple. We got married at the Black Stallion in Corolla. She has tons of established relationships with local vendors and knows who to recommend. Her experience in the industry is second to none. She is extremely detailed, organized, and was with us for every step. There was always open communication with her and at the end of the day her goal was to make us happy and have the perfect day, which is exactly what happened. We would have NEVER pulled off our wedding if it wasn’t for her guidance. Also, she has become a good friend in the process and we truly enjoyed spending time with her. Seriously, book her now!!!! You won’t regret it!!
    Nicole L. Married on 04/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kerri was the absolute best!

I never thought I would need a planner for a small 30 person wedding BUT it turned out the be the best decision. Being from out of town it was reassuring to have Kerri be able to meet and talk with vendors from the area, provide recommendations when needed and walk us through everything. She was detailed and organized so I never worried one bit leading up to the day or the day of. She is so nice and always went the extra mile. We are thrilled to have had her as our planner!
  • Kristina
    Kristina H. Married on 11/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Orchestrated a perfect celebration!

We had a wonderful experience working with Kerri Catino-Nason for our wedding in the Outer Banks. She is incredibly organized, thoughtful, and a fabulous communicator! The vendors she recommended were extremely professional and talented as well. On our wedding day, everything was perfect in spite of the cold and windy weather. Kerri and her team orchestrated every detail of the ceremony and reception we had planned with precision and grace. Our guests were truly able to enjoy every moment of the wedding since we were all in such good hands.
    We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planning experience for our big day! Thank you so much Kerri and The Proper Setting!
    Jenn Married on 10/09/2021

Amazing experience with Proper Setting

We are so grateful we chose The Proper Setting! Kerri and her team were incredible from start to finish. Kerri is an excellent communicator who is very organized. She always answered our questions and was able to set up phone calls with us as needed. Thank you SO much for making our wedding the incredibly special day that it was. We had countless guests tell us how amazing they were day of, which speaks volumes. We highly recommend The Proper Setting!!
    Joan R. Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kerri is professional and has a deep understanding of the wedding and how to keep as stress free as possible.

I have been in the luxury bridal business for 35 years. My son and daughter-in-law hired Kerri for their October wedding. I had to reach out to her several times and she was always responsive. I first met her during rehearsal and then day of. I was immediately impressed with her warmth and efficiency. During my time at Kleinfeld Bridal, I interacted with many many wedding planners and have to honestly say Kerri is by far one of the best I have ever seen. She is knowledgeable, organized, honest, kind, and so hard working. She never stopped for a moment and I even saw her helping clean up at the end of the night. She did all this and her smile never left her face throughout the entire day and night. I unequivocally endorse Kerri as a very competent and welcome asset to your wedding plans.
    Eileen T. Married on 10/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Makes wedding planning a breeze!

Kerri with The Proper Setting is absolutely amazing! I don’t have enough words to describe what an amazing wedding planner she is! She knows every vendor in the Outer Banks area and she makes the whole destination wedding planning seem simple. She put together a breath taking wedding design, and helped to deal with all the vendors throughout the day. I didn’t have to worry about anything! 10/10 would recommend to everyone!!
  • Ieshia
    Ieshia C. Married on 09/27/2021

Professional, Reliable, and Stress free

Kerri Cantino-Nason, did an amazing job planning and coordinating our destination wedding! We would highly recommend her for any wedding in the Outer Banks area! Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding months later!
  • Lucy
    Lucy R. Married on 09/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Planner Ever--Seriously!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Kerri at The Proper Setting! She is literally the best wedding planner anyone could ask for!

I live in Michigan and was super nervous about having a destination wedding. I am the type of person who is very detailed-oriented, so planning something as big as my wedding from hundreds of miles away seemed like an impossible task. I am so glad that I trusted Kerri with my wedding, it was (seriously) the best wedding planning decision I could have made!

Not only was I looking to plan a big wedding, I was also planning a wedding week at a beach house rental. Kerri helped me with the budget, planning, and everything in between for the entire wedding week and wedding. When I booked the home, it was still being built. I was super stressed about whether the home would be completed in time. Not only did Kerri talk me off the stress cliff (first of many times), she also got on the phone with the rental company, and visited the construction site to take pics and give me any information she could.

Being so far away, it was impossible for me to bring all of the wedding items I needed on the flight with me such as wedding favors, decor, etc. Kerri went above and beyond by allowing me to ship these items to her home, and dropping them off at the vacation home we were staying at. Not only that, but several items I wasn’t able to get shipped, she went to the store for me and brought the things that I needed, so that when I arrived, I didn’t have to stress about stopping at the store for any reason. I had my welcome baskets and my wedding favors delivered to her house, and you know who put them together for me so that I didn’t have to stress about that either? Yep, Kerri! I will forever be grateful to her for making the whole destination wedding experience a breeze.

One of the other big concerns for me was selecting vendors. I had never visited the Outer Banks before the wedding, so I had no idea where to start with food, photographer/videographer…anything! Kerri was able to recommend some of the best vendors in the area and we were VERY pleased with the options we chose following her recommendation. She was able to accurately capture my vision and guide me to making selections that would make my wedding vision a reality.

Last, but definitely not least, Kerri is an awesome, funny, and caring person. You can never have too many of those in your life, especially when you are planning one of the most important days of your life. No matter how many things I decided to add/change, Kerri handled it all with kindness and efficiency because she knew how important it was to me. Whenever I got too stressed or worried about some wedding detail, she talked me down from my stress mountain, and provided a solution. Even when I got laid off and was stressing about the budget, Kerri lended me her ear and reassured me everything would work out. On the day of my wedding (of all days), it was scheduled to rain all day. I had a beach wedding planned; it was my worst wedding nightmare come true. But, of course, Kerri had an excellent plan in place, and when she delivered the ‘wedding in the tent’ news, I wasn’t as hurt as I thought I would be because I knew I could trust Kerri and it would all work out. And it really, really did. Everything was perfect and gorgeous! I don’t want to brag, buuuut my wedding was awesome! The best day of my life, best week of my life, best time of my life. All the guests had the time of their lives all week, and Kerri had a huge hand in making that happen for us; I couldn’t have done it without her. She helped me create something special, unforgettable, and once in a lifetime. I will forever be grateful for everything she did for me and my husband!

So, I said all that to say…if you are a bride looking to have a destination wedding, or just looking for the perfect planner to plan your big day…do yourself a favor, and book Kerri at The Proper Setting! You will regret NOT doing it.
    Rebecca Married on 07/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent wedding planning experience!

Kerri is an excellent wedding planner. She helped us create the wedding we had hoped for, in a very short period of time. She was always professional and communicative, supportive and kind. She helped us enjoy the experience instead of feeling overwhelmed by it. Thank you so much, Kerri!
    Melinda O. Married on 05/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best Friend you never knew that makes your wedding day exactly what you hoped for!

Joseph and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kerri. She is smart, funny, kind, down to earth and so focused on what you really want your wedding day to be. By the end of our time together, I considered her a close friend. Kerri made sure that we had amazing vendors and a flawless wedding day. She really got to know us and our personalities and worked so hard to make sure that all of the details were covered, but more importantly, she worried about us as a couple. Kerri wanted us to remember that our wedding day is about us and ensured that we were not stressing out about the small stuff.
    Being from out of state, we definitely needed a planner that could make us feel comfortable and still feel like a part of the process- keeping us informed of the details we needed, and keeping the details we didn't need off of our plates.
    Wedding day in particular was so great and we did not have to worry about a thing.... Kerri even came through with space heaters with less than 24hrs notice when the temps took a last minute dip! We loved working with Kerri and would recommend her to anyone- she is an AMAZING planner and a really wonderful person!!
  • Mackenzie
    Mackenzie V. Married on 04/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Thorough from start to finish

Kerri was a godsend. Our wedding would not have been the magical, stress-free day it was without her. From the start, she got to know us and made sure her efforts and energy targeted our main goals for the day. My husband and I were very busy people at the time the wedding needed to be planned. She took care of EVERYTHING. During planning, she made sure to give us what the options were and followed up with vendors. Leading up to our special day, she ensured all the fine details were taken care of. The day of, everything ran so smoothly and when we had a little bit of cold weather, Kerri was able to adapt and transform the space into what we needed to make our guests happy and warm. I promise you need Kerri in your life.
    Connor Married on 08/08/2020

Kerri is the best!

Our wedding had so many changes because of COVID, and Kerri helped us through every little thing. Then, on the day of, it looked like it might rain. Kerri made the call to start the ceremony early and got everyone (both families, wedding party, guests, vendors) coordinated and ready to go. It rained right after we finished -- without her, we'd have all gotten soaked! Thanks to her, we had a beautiful, rain-free ceremony. It was a huge help to have someone experienced making these decisions so that we didn't have to stress about anything. Thank you for everything Kerri!!
    Joanna K. Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing women

Kerri was an absolute god send! Through the whole planning process she was always friendly and available to talk whenever we needed her. When COVID closed our beach to any outside visitors, we had to postpone and she was right there with us to contact vendors and do whatever we needed. We came up with so many alternate plans and she spent so many hours helping us with them all. I could not have made it through this year without her. I highly recommend Kerri.
  • Clair
    Clair S. Married on 06/12/2020

Wedding Planner & Then Some

Kerri is absolutely amazing. She was my wedding planner for our June 2020 wedding - I am not sure I would have survived the ups, downs and unknown of COVID wedding planning without her. There are three parts to this review...

Pre-COVID Planning: *If your venue is The Black Stallion - don't even think about looking anywhere else for your planner! She knows the ins & outs of this venue like nobody's business.* She was once the caretaker of the property and has the best connections. She knows what works and what doesn't. She gave us her honest opinion on everything while helping our vision come to life. My husband loved working with her too because she is cool, calm & collected and SO easy to be around.

COVID planning: when March rolled around, I basically stopped sleeping at night. It was such a hard decision to postpone our wedding and Kerri was there with us every step of the way. We had her for month-of planning only, but she cares about her clients so much that she wasn't going to let us flounder without any help. She helped us pivot and plan a smaller intimate ceremony, while working with each vendor to assist in settling contracts for postponing.

Post COVID: Talking to Kerri always felt like talking to an old friend, and now I consider her nothing less. We will never forget how helpful she was and are truly grateful for having chose her to guide us through this process!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa T. Married on 05/05/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Five stars is not enough!

Kerri and The Proper Setting team were absolutely amazing to work with! Kerri truly was my right hand throughout this process. She made everything so simple and every single detailed was planned perfectly. We didn't have a SINGLE issue on our big day thanks to Kerri's meticulous and thorough planning! She made herself available when I needed her and answered all of my questions. She was flexible, worked within our budget, and was extremely professional. Plus, she is so knowledgable about what's available on the Outer Banks! I truly cannot recommend Kerri enough--she was absolutely amazing to work with and made our day perfect! Do not plan an OBX wedding without Kerri's help!
    Sara K. Married on 02/10/2020

Best Wedding Coordinator on the Outer Banks

Kerri's organization and resources enabled us to have our dream wedding. She was there every step of the way providing us with valuable information and was our support system both prior to the wedding and during the Day Of. She helped us organize our vendors, timeline and even proof-read our vows! She is the best wedding coordinator in the area and I would recommend her without hesitation to any bride (any especially to any Type A Brides.)
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 10/05/2019

An Amazing Experience!

We were extremely lucky to have Kerri and her assistant with us on our wedding day and a few weeks prior. Kerri took on our wedding without much notice, and we are forever thankful for her. We couldn’t have done it without her. Her coordination is flawless, and she is just all around amazing at what she does. We received numerous compliments from close family and members of the bridal party about how great she was. The weekend of our wedding, my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy it because we knew she had everything under control. In fact, as soon as we talked to her on the phone and hired her we felt a huge sense of relief and knew she would take care of the wedding day and make it happen. The wedding was flawless, and I would highly recommend her to anyone- she is the best!
    Melanie C. Married on 10/20/2018

Even a Girl Who Knows What She Wants Needs a Planner

When we began in April 2017 planning our daughter’s wedding, a wedding consultant was not on our list. Melissa had visions of her dream wedding and knew exactly what she wanted. However a friend recommended the services of a planner and endorsed Kerri of A Proper Setting. Working with Kerri was a dream. She had excellent suggestions, thought of details we would have missed, and planned the timing of the weekend so that everything moved smoothly and flawlessly without feeling rushed. She even handled the wedding crasher in such a subtle manner that no one knew she had visited! Kerri’s honesty, integrity and passion for her work make her the only choice for this job. Thank you Kerri for your part in making Melissa’s dream wedding a reality.
    Melissa S. Married on 10/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Could not recommend Kerri more - an ideal wedding planner!

Working with Kerri was a dream. As a bride who was planning my wedding from a distance, it was so helpful to have Kerri on the Outer Banks and willing to reach out to vendors to get an answer. Her strong personal relationships with many of the companies in the Outer Banks wedding industry ensured that communication, contracts, planning, and execution went smoothly.

In our own communications, Kerri was incredibly responsive and never restricted the number of communications we could have, either by phone or by email. I was never hesitant to reach out and knew I would receive a thorough and thoughtful response in no time.

I would highly recommend Kerri as a wedding planner. She is organized, responsive, experienced, and personable. She is who you want by your side on your wedding day (besides your groom, of course)!
  • Tatum
    Tatum C. Married on 10/13/2018

Five Stars!

When we started the wedding planning process, my fiance questioned the need for a wedding planner as I have event planning experience. I said "we need a planner," and then we hired Kerri. From the very beginning she was awesome. Kerri laid out our planning process and checked in with us regularly via email, phone and face to face meetings to make sure everything was on track. We had a few hiccups along the way and Kerri was there to help us through them all- including a hurricane brushing by the Outer Banks just 36 hours before our wedding. Kerri was the calming reassuring voice that helped us get through the bumps in the planning process. She was there to offer sound advice, alternative plans and compassion. Not only is Kerri extremely organized, but she is easy to talk to and work with. When the wedding day came, everything flowed perfectly. The wedding was beautiful, stress-free and fun. Jamie and I had the best day and night, and a HUGE part of that is because of Kerri. When the wedding day came, Jamie said "I don't know what we would have done without her!" Thank you Kerri for helping us plan our dream wedding in less than a year and for being there for us from beginning to end :)

Joe L. Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Picture Perfect Wedding Experience!!!

Our only daughter's wedding on the Outer Banks, NC in early October was absolutely perfect! We know that is largely due to the hard work and organizational skills of Kerri Catino-Nason of The Proper Setting. From our first meeting she calmed our fears and led us through all stages with kindness, patience and professionalism. We would highly recommend Kerri and her team and know that your wedding experience would be blessed by their exceptional guidance and expertise!
  • LeeAnn
    Leeann E. Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience!

I can’t express enough how thankful I am that Kerri was there to help me through the whole wedding process! I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day, knowing she was there to keep things running smoothly. She thought of details I never would have, and supported my vision of a wedding that was totally us! Kerri is amazing, and I truly could not have done it without her!
illustration stars