About Sugar Snap Events
Meet Laura Sorensen & Shirley Cook of Sugar Snap Events
(1) Name of Business: Sugar Snap Events, LLC
(2) Service Provided: Wedding coordination and wedding florals/décor.
(3) What is your business philosophy? To work hard and thoroughly and to take our client's best interest to heart. Our goal is to make their wedding day as stress free as possible so they can focus on what is most important- their new lives together, their family, and their friends.
(4) What sets you apart? Our ability to recognize both our client's and vendors' needs in order to make each wedding day as seamless as possible. We will only coordinate one wedding per day and we stay until the end of the event. In addition, we offer personalized floral/decor services set in a collaborative environment that allows our clients to achieve the look and feel they desire for their special day- everything from bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages to ceremony arches and arrangements, tablescapes, ceiling installations, print materials and more.
(5) How long and where? Sugar Snap Events has been serving brides since 2003. We are both natives of the Outer Banks and our past experience in event planning, catering/restaurant management, and familiarity with Outer Banks locations and vendors provides our clients with the insight and knowledge they need to have a spectacular wedding day.
(6) Best advice you have? Laura’s advice: “Remember to flex… or you will snap :) It is important to have the wedding of your dreams and we strive to ensure that. But at the end of the day the most important thing is not the color of your linens but the fact that you are married to the one you truly love.” Shirley’s advice: “When planning all of the special touches for your wedding day be true to who you are- with music selections, readings, the overall look/feel of the event. And remember to be present and focus on each and every moment because it all happens so quickly! “
(7) What is your favorite part of the job? Shirley: “Watching the groom's face as he sees his bride for the first time. After that, getting hugs from the family at the end of a successful event. “ Laura: “Listening to the toasts from best friends and family- I always laugh or cry in the BEST way:) After toasting it is the surprised reaction at the end of the night when they realize ‘Wow! We couldn't have done this without you.’ And of course, the hugs!”
(8) What is your favorite place? Laura: “My front porch.” Shirley: “Wilmington, NC”.
(9) What are your favorite hobbies? Shirley: “Hanging out and drinking a glass of wine with my girlfriends, bowling, and going to concerts.” Laura: “ Ditto But NO bowling!! It breaks my nails :) Ha ha.”
(10) What is your favorite meal? Laura: “A pint of Ben & Jerry's in my fave PJ's on the couch at the end of a lonnnggg day.” Shirley: “I'm a carb girl so nothing makes me happier than a big bowl of mac n' cheese or a plate full of crinkle cut french fries. “
Sugar Snap Events- the perfect blend of “sugar” and “snap”.
Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. What an incredibly exciting time in your life! Whether you are planning a large extravagant affair or an intimate heartfelt gathering, allow Laura and Shirley to bring the perfect blend of “sugar” and “snap” to your big day. Together, they achieve an ideal blend of structure and organization (snap) and friendly professionalism (sugar) that will allow you to relax and focus on each precious moment of this amazing life celebration. From the initial stages of planning to the direction of the ceremony and reception to the final hugs at the end of the night, Shirley and Laura are there every step of the way.
Allow their experience to work for you…..
• Laura and Shirley are long time locals who are familiar with the Outer Banks’ best ceremony/reception locations, vendors, and unique characteristics. Laura will help you save valuable time and energy by providing a tailored vendor suggestion list based on your specific wants and needs. Shirley will help you pull the look of your event together by providing beautiful contemporary florals designs, tablescapes and more.
• Shirley and Laura are members of OBWA (Outer Banks Wedding Association).
• Great organizational skills and timely communication are just two more of Sugar Snap’s valuable assets. Shirley and Laura understand that planning a long distance wedding can be frustrating and strive to return phone calls and emails as quickly as possible so that you can continue planning your big day. They will provide you with structured “to do” lists and reminders to help ease the planning process.
• A seamless wedding day…What is most important to Laura and Shirley is that you get to enjoy your wedding day. Allow Laura to step in and make sure that vendors arrive and setup per your agreements, make sure your guests are taken care of, and take the reins and make sure that you and your wedding party are on time and don’t miss a single special moment. Shirley will execute the florals and decor so that you walk in to your dream wedding and reception.
The bottom line….Laura and Shirley love what they do and want to help you have an unforgettable day. Whether you are in need of coordination services, florals/décor, or both, please give them a call today or visit them online to bring a little “sugar” and “snap” to your wedding day!
Laura Sorensen- Owner/Event Coordinator
Shirley Cook- Owner/Floral Designer
Sugar Snap Events
Categories: Wedding Planner