Day-Of, Partial

About Sugar Snap Events

Celebrate You

Meet Laura Sorensen & Shirley Cook of Sugar Snap Events

(1) Name of Business: Sugar Snap Events, LLC

(2) Service Provided: Wedding coordination and wedding florals/décor.

(3) What is your business philosophy? To work hard and thoroughly and to take our client's best interest to heart. Our goal is to make their wedding day as stress free as possible so they can focus on what is most important- their new lives together, their family, and their friends.

(4) What sets you apart? Our ability to recognize both our client's and vendors' needs in order to make each wedding day as seamless as possible. We will only coordinate one wedding per day and we stay until the end of the event.  In addition, we offer personalized floral/decor services set in a collaborative environment that allows our clients to achieve the look and feel they desire for their special day- everything from bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages to ceremony arches and arrangements, tablescapes, ceiling installations, print materials and more.

(5) How long and where? Sugar Snap Events has been serving brides since 2003.   We are both natives of the Outer Banks and our past experience in event planning, catering/restaurant management, and familiarity with Outer Banks locations and vendors provides our clients with the insight and knowledge they need to have a spectacular wedding day.

(6) Best advice you have? Laura’s advice: “Remember to flex… or you will snap :) It is important to have the wedding of your dreams and we strive to ensure that. But at the end of the day the most important thing is not the color of your linens but the fact that you are married to the one you truly love.” Shirley’s advice: “When planning all of the special touches for your wedding day be true to who you are- with music selections, readings, the overall look/feel of the event. And remember to be present and focus on each and every moment because it all happens so quickly! “

(7) What is your favorite part of the job? Shirley: “Watching the groom's face as he sees his bride for the first time. After that, getting hugs from the family at the end of a successful event. “ Laura: “Listening to the toasts from best friends and family- I always laugh or cry in the BEST way:) After toasting it is the surprised reaction at the end of the night when they realize ‘Wow! We couldn't have done this without you.’ And of course, the hugs!”

(8) What is your favorite place? Laura: “My front porch.” Shirley: “Wilmington, NC”.
(9) What are your favorite hobbies? Shirley: “Hanging out and drinking a glass of wine with my girlfriends, bowling, and going to concerts.” Laura: “ Ditto But NO bowling!! It breaks my nails :) Ha ha.”

(10) What is your favorite meal? Laura: “A pint of Ben & Jerry's in my fave PJ's on the couch at the end of a lonnnggg day.” Shirley: “I'm a carb girl so nothing makes me happier than a big bowl of mac n' cheese or a plate full of crinkle cut french fries. “

Sugar Snap Events- the perfect blend of “sugar” and “snap”.

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. What an incredibly exciting time in your life! Whether you are planning a large extravagant affair or an intimate heartfelt gathering, allow Laura and Shirley to bring the perfect blend of “sugar” and “snap” to your big day. Together, they achieve an ideal blend of structure and organization (snap) and friendly professionalism (sugar) that will allow you to relax and focus on each precious moment of this amazing life celebration. From the initial stages of planning to the direction of the ceremony and reception to the final hugs at the end of the night, Shirley and Laura are there every step of the way.

Allow their experience to work for you…..

• Laura and Shirley are long time locals who are familiar with the Outer Banks’ best ceremony/reception locations, vendors, and unique characteristics. Laura will help you save valuable time and energy by providing a tailored vendor suggestion list based on your specific wants and needs. Shirley will help you pull the look of your event together by providing beautiful contemporary florals designs, tablescapes and more.
• Shirley and Laura are members of OBWA (Outer Banks Wedding Association).
• Great organizational skills and timely communication are just two more of Sugar Snap’s valuable assets. Shirley and Laura understand that planning a long distance wedding can be frustrating and strive to return phone calls and emails as quickly as possible so that you can continue planning your big day. They will provide you with structured “to do” lists and reminders to help ease the planning process.
• A seamless wedding day…What is most important to Laura and Shirley is that you get to enjoy your wedding day. Allow Laura to step in and make sure that vendors arrive and setup per your agreements, make sure your guests are taken care of, and take the reins and make sure that you and your wedding party are on time and don’t miss a single special moment. Shirley will execute the florals and decor so that you walk in to your dream wedding and reception.

The bottom line….Laura and Shirley love what they do and want to help you have an unforgettable day. Whether you are in need of coordination services, florals/décor, or both, please give them a call today or visit them online to bring a little “sugar” and “snap” to your wedding day!

Laura Sorensen- Owner/Event Coordinator

Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Day-Of Coord. (1)
Timelines (1)
To-Do Lists (1)

Shirley is the BEST! Without her creativity I couldn't have had my dream wedding. She is super quick to respond and will work with you until it is exactly what you want. After reviewing everything with her and letting her know exactly what I wanted, I never worried again about decorations or flowers. I trusted her 100% and can't say enough great things! She is AMAZING!

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

SugarSnap Events and Shirley were fantastic to work with. Shirley met with me several times to make sure I was getting what I wanted out of my flowers and other details. When I told her I wanted to use pumpkins and have them painted with nautical themes, she jumped on the idea. She even sent me an email to let me know when the Styrofoam pumpkins were on sale at Michael's. Everything she did for our wedding was absolutely phenomenal. If you are still looking for someone to help make your wedding beautiful, look no further, this is the place to choose!!!

Profile Picture Christie , 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Working with Shirley Cook at Sugar Snap was a delight. She was professional, positive, accommodating and creative. Her advice was excellent. Our wedding was a destination wedding and we planned everything via email and phone. She created exactly what we wanted and I would work with her again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Betty, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews

220x220 sq 1351806458075 cmarybasnight27
220x220 sq 1351806468903 dawnyalefredouterbanks017
220x220 sq 1420743394506 315

16 ENDORSEMENTS
We love working with Shirley and her team at Sugar Snap! They are so fun to work with! While being prompt, professional and extremely talented, they also bring an aura of humor and excitement to each wedding. They love what they do, and want each client to be ecstatic over their florals and design. They are quick to respond to emails, have straight forward and easy to read proposals, and are always happy to explain flowers/cost, etc. to help brides navigate what will work best for their particular wedding. We love working with them and know all of our clients will love working with them too!

If you are looking for a talented, down to earth designer Shirley is the one! She is always pleasure to work with.

It's easy to endorse someone who hits a home run every time they get up to the plate. Shirley and Laura at Sugar Snap Events do just that. I've worked with them for over a decade and enjoyed it very much. They have personalities that compliment each other in giving you a service and product you'll be very happy with.

Gorgeous flowers, fantastic service. What more could you ask for??

We have know the folks at Sugar Snap Events for a long time and we can tell you, they do a great job and are fun to work with. We highly recommend them for your wedding!

P.O. Box 7840, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   See On Map