Sugar Snap Events Reviews

Sugar Snap Events 5
Sugar Snap Events 6
Sugar Snap Events 7

Barrie · Married on 10/06/2018

The words beautiful, gorgeous, and perfect are not enough to describe the flowers and decor that Shirley and her team put together for my daughter's wedding. From the moment we met with Shirley and explained our vision, we knew it was going to be spectacular, but everything turned out beyond our wildest dreams. She was so easy to work with, very thorough and flexible. Her emails were prompt and informative. Shirley and her team worked all day to make sure everything was perfect and we could not have been happier with the results. I highly recommend Shirley and Sugar Snap for any event.

Blaire · Married on 09/24/2018

Shirley and her team are AMAZING! They created a picture perfect scene for our destination elopement in the Outer Banks that far surpassed our expectations. About two hours before the ceremony, I made an impromptu decision to wear my floral crown backwards. Carrie (Shirley's right-hand) stopped what she was doing and ran across the resort to rework the floral crown in my hotel room. It was truly above and beyond the call of duty!

rossana · Married on 08/28/2018

I hired Laura and Shirley from SSE as my wedding coordinator and florist. I was blown away at how amazing they are!! Shirley did a PHENOMENAL job with all my wedding decor. We spoke once over the phone about my vision for the wedding and she captured it all in the most perfect/beautiful way.
    Laura did an AMAZING job with coordination. I have no idea how we would've gotten through the ceremony/reception without her!! She knew exactly what to do, when to do it and made sure everything and everyone knew what they were supposed to do, including my husband and I. Thanks SSE for the wonderful service!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!

Michele · Married on 06/09/2018

You're in good hands if you decide to hire Shirley & her team for your florals and decor. Shirley is so laid back, but full of creative suggestions and ideas. Our initial consultation was super informative, and she was responsive and open to changes and additions as the planning progressed. I actually shed tears when I saw the ceremony site - my expectations were exceeded in every way. She did a stunning fabric and lighting installation over our dance floor, built a really cool framework over our head table with hanging candles and greenery, and made custom arrangements on the handlebars of two vintage motorcycles that we had displayed to honor my late father. She put SO much work into making the day unique and beautiful, and it's clear that she crafts everything with love and care. Thank you Shirley!!

Sugar Snap Events 8

Kayleigh · Married on 05/27/2018

We used Shirley for our flowers, reception decor and cafe string lighting at our small wedding at the Sanderling Resort. She is so easy to work with and was able to give me exactly what I wanted. She does beautiful work and you cannot go wrong!

Chelsea · Married on 05/25/2018

I had the opportunity to work with Sugar Snap Events for Katie & Mark's wedding. I was the wedding day coordinator and I picked up the flowers the day before the wedding. This team was amazing. They had everything ready, I walked through a check list to make sure we had everything and they helped me carry everything to the car! Not to mention, the flowers were everything the bride had wanted. They were perfect. I would highly recommend this vendor to future Outer Banks couples!

Katie · Married on 05/25/2018

I planned my Outer Banks wedding at the Mark Twain House from my home in Connecticut. I did a lot of research before going with Sugar Snap Events and I am so glad I did. Shirley was incredibly responsive & able to answer ALL of my questions (there were a lot) about the flowers for our wedding. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted, but didn’t want to spend an arm & a leg. Shirley made my vision a reality. Our flowers were beautiful! I highly recommend using Sugar Snap Events!

• plangalCG

C · Married on 05/17/2018

Sugarsnap was chosen for me as a part of a venue package, but I could not imagine a better person to work with than Shirley. She was very responsive to my questions and feedback, even when I was not always as responsive! She worked with me to stay within my budget, and gave me her opinions on what would look best. And, on the wedding day, when things needed to be adjusted due to weather, she made the decorations indoors just as lovely as they would have been outdoors. My bouquet and bridal party/family flowers were gorgeous. My only regret is that I couldn't afford to go hogwild! My advice to all brides is to let the pros do what they do--they know how to execute the best ever wedding for you! I was nothing but happy with our floral and decor, thanks to Sugarsnap!

Ashley · Married on 12/02/2017

Shirley is the BEST! Without her creativity I couldn't have had my dream wedding. She is super quick to respond and will work with you until it is exactly what you want. After reviewing everything with her and letting her know exactly what I wanted, I never worried again about decorations or flowers. I trusted her 100% and can't say enough great things! She is AMAZING!

Christie · Married on 10/21/2017

SugarSnap Events and Shirley were fantastic to work with. Shirley met with me several times to make sure I was getting what I wanted out of my flowers and other details. When I told her I wanted to use pumpkins and have them painted with nautical themes, she jumped on the idea. She even sent me an email to let me know when the Styrofoam pumpkins were on sale at Michael's. Everything she did for our wedding was absolutely phenomenal. If you are still looking for someone to help make your wedding beautiful, look no further, this is the place to choose!!!

Sugar Snap Events 9
    Sugar Snap Events 14
    Sugar Snap Events 15
    Sugar Snap Events 16

Betty · Married on 09/23/2017

Working with Shirley Cook at Sugar Snap was a delight. She was professional, positive, accommodating and creative. Her advice was excellent. Our wedding was a destination wedding and we planned everything via email and phone. She created exactly what we wanted and I would work with her again in a heartbeat.

Lee Ann · Married on 09/14/2017

Laura was excellent as our wedding planner! She was extremely organized, provided great recommendations, and made sure our special day was absolutely perfect! She took all the stress out of our day, and made sure we were taken care of!

Shirley was our florist and she was absolute magic! We didn't really know what we wanted, but knew what we liked, and after a few conversations she put it all together perfectly. She was a pleasure to work with and her designs are absolutely beautiful!

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

Working with Shirley was an amazing experience! The first time we met, we sat and talked for hours about what our dream wedding would look like and then how to make it a reality. Shirley let us combine some DIY elements with her professional grade decor, and was incredibly easy to communicate with, update and revise proposals, and even switch some ideas as the wedding got closer. It was no surprise to us when we walked in both the ceremony and the reception space and it looked incredible! We are loving seeing our guests photos as they pop up since everything went so fast - but it could not have come out more beautiful! We are so happy we worked with Shirley and would recommend her to everyone!!

Julie · event on: 07/11/2017

We had a Vow Renewal Ceremony for our 25th wedding anniversary. Shirley did an amazing job! It was a destination ceremony and all communication was done via email and phone calls. She did a great job at working with me on ideas and finding the perfect florals for the occasion. It was a small ceremony with a small floral need, yet she still took the time to offer me as much personal service as if we were having a large scale event.The florals and decorations created the exact atmosphere I was looking for. Thanks Shirley!

Megan · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I got married two weekends ago at Jennette's Pier and used Shirley Cook with Sugar Snap Events as our florist for the wedding. She was absolutely AMAZING!!! This woman is a true genius in her field and knows everything there is to know about floral arrangements. As the first bride-to-be in the family, this entire process, especially in regards to florals, was completely new to all of us. Shirley helped us every step of the way, always responding to emails in a timely fashion and answering our billions of questions with ease. She even coordinated with I Do OBX to help with ceremony decor, as well. When our wedding day finally arrived, I was amazed at the decorations and bouquets that she had created for our event. They were absolutely BEAUTIFUL and exceeded every single expectation of mine! Shirley Cook is worth every single penny you will spend, trust me!! If you want the wedding of your dreams, then I would highly recommend Sugar Snap for your next event! :)

Kari · Married on 06/18/2017

Shirley did a great job of walking us through options and helping us select flowers and decorations for our wedding and rehearsal dinner. For each event, it was a pleasure to see the items for the first time and be blown away. We were thrilled with the service and results from Shirley at Sugar Snap Events.

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2017

We worked with Shirley from Sugar Snap for our Wedding in May 2017 at the Sanderling Resort. She did bouquets for myself (the bride) and all four bridesmaids. We had to do most of our planning over the phone and through email because this was a destination wedding and she was great to work with. She took my lack of knowledge about flowers and turned it into exactly what I was envisioning! I was in love with how the bouquets turned out! They also photographed perfectly.
    Shirley also decorated the driftwood arch we were married under. I gave her a picture I had found of what I was thinking and what she did on the day of the wedding was even more than I could have imagined. It was the perfect backdrop to our ceremony.
    Lastly, Shirley installed strings of cafe lights over our outdoor venue. We had brainstormed ways to decorate the reception venue together and came up with this addition and this was one of the best decoration decisions I made for the wedding and she made it come to life!

Darcey · Married on 05/12/2017

Shirley KILLED IT!!! This woman and her team work wonders. I had a really tough time picking flower types, colors, etc. and she worked with me tirelessly to find just the right style for our wedding. I basically chose some colors and several flowers, and let Shirley take the reins- she did an INCREDIBLE job. From our seating chart, to the centerpieces, to my bouquet, to the reception decor, to my bridesmaids awesome floral hoops (an idea Shirley had that I said go for it!), everything was exactly what I had pictured in my mind but couldn't put into words. Somehow this fabulous woman had read my mind and brought it to life. We could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding!

Marshall · Married on 04/22/2017

Shirley is one of the most creative and fun people to work with!

Ellie · Married on 11/20/2016

I worked with Shirley at sugar snaps for the flowers and decorations on our wedding day. The whole day was more beautiful than imagined. Shirley worked closely with me to plan flowers for the whole day and was super flexible when I emailed her with changes even close to the wedding date. She has amazing ideas and I have never seen more beautiful flowers in my whole life.

I added succulents to my plan pretty late in the planning and Shirley gave me the idea to save and root the succulents when I got home so I could keep them long past our wedding day. Thank you so much!!!!

Chrissie · Married on 10/08/2016

Shirley was a dream to work with and I am so happy and lucky she helped bring my non existent decor vision to life. Since meeting her last summer, she was always prompt to respond to emails, always answered all of my questions (even the dumb ones), and was always so kind and helpful. It's hard to plan a wedding from 6 hours away basically via email, but Shirley made it really, really, really easy. I was devastated when Hurricane Matthew was scheduled to hit the East Coast and we had to make the incredibly hard decision to move our wedding home to Charlotte. Shirley was so flexible and supportive of our decision and very, very last minute put together my bouquet and the boutonnieres and sent the rest of the flowers we had ordered from her home with us to Charlotte (and sent us home with some hobnail jars and candles too). Shirley is not only incredibly talented but she is incredibly kind, organized and easy to work with, and I highly, highly recommend her!

Kellie · Married on 10/08/2016

Shirley was a delight to work with from the moment we met her. My mom was ready to book her within a few minutes of our first conversation. We described our vision for our altar for our beach wedding, and she immediately drew a mock-up of the entire thing. We were incredibly impressed by her follow-through and dedication. We got married during Hurricane Matthew, and the Tuesday before our Saturday wedding we were unsure if we were even going through with it. People like Shirley ensured that not only would we get married, but it would also still be beautiful even if indoors. She was at our venue the morning of and brought all of her extra materials since our location had abruptly changed. Even though we were now indoors instead of on the beach, she made adjustments and created the altar and atmosphere we had envisioned. She has a stellar personality and you cannot go wrong with Shirley.

Shelley · Married on 09/26/2016

The flowers and decor were just gorgeous! I am still in awe with Shirley's ability to take a couple of my examples and bring them to life. I couldn't have been happier! She was also very responsive and very easy to work with and making sure I stayed within my budget. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to see our pictures!

michelle · Married on 09/10/2016

Shirley was absolutely amazing to work with since day one! From the first phone call, I could tell she is very passionate about what she does. When I first met with her, I was totally confused and didn't know how to explain what I wanted. All I told her at first, was that I wanted sunflowers. She then took it from there and was extremely helpful in providing suggestions and helping me visualize some different options. Needless to say, when I first laid eyes on my bouquet, as well as my bridesmaids, I fell in love! She nailed it and everything was exactly how I wanted it to be and more!

Shirley also set up string lights at my event, which turned out beautiful!

I highly recommend Sugar Snap Events! Shirley was very responsive and would answer all of my questions throughout the year in a timely manner. She also worked with me to meet my budget and never tried to up sell me on any additional items. I couldn't be more happy with everything that Sugar Snap Events provided for my special day!

Nikki · Married on 07/23/2016

I absolutely loved working with Shirley from Sugar Snap Events. I was an out of town bride, so planning my July wedding in Corolla felt extremely overwhelming. However, Shirley answered all my questions and assured me everything would look fabulous on the big day!

Shirley was able to communicate fast over email, keep an updated itemized breakdown, flexible on making last minute changes, and able to give me advice on floral options (flower colors, types and cost). And, I can’t say enough about her patience (especially with a bride that constantly changed her mind on the types of flowers).

Shirley worked her magic and transformed the Currituck pavilion into a dream reception with sparkling lights, gorgeous floral arrangements and lovely beachy decor! Additionally, she provided beautiful ceremony décor and a spectacular chalkboard seating chart (it was like she read my mind). Above all else, her floral arrangements are stunning; you can tell she places a ton of time, creativity and passion in every design. Everything was absolutely beautiful – surpassed all my expectations!

I’m so glad I got the chance to work with Shirley; she was absolutely fantastic! Shirley, thank you for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Wedding Date: 07/23/16