94 Reviews for Sugar Snap Events

Day-Of Coord. (1)
Timelines (1)
To-Do Lists (1)
93 Sugar Snap Events Reviews

Shirley is the BEST! Without her creativity I couldn't have had my dream wedding. She is super quick to respond and will work with you until it is exactly what you want. After reviewing everything with her and letting her know exactly what I wanted, I never worried again about decorations or flowers. I trusted her 100% and can't say enough great things! She is AMAZING!

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

SugarSnap Events and Shirley were fantastic to work with. Shirley met with me several times to make sure I was getting what I wanted out of my flowers and other details. When I told her I wanted to use pumpkins and have them painted with nautical themes, she jumped on the idea. She even sent me an email to let me know when the Styrofoam pumpkins were on sale at Michael's. Everything she did for our wedding was absolutely phenomenal. If you are still looking for someone to help make your wedding beautiful, look no further, this is the place to choose!!!

Photos
Profile Picture Christie , 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Working with Shirley Cook at Sugar Snap was a delight. She was professional, positive, accommodating and creative. Her advice was excellent. Our wedding was a destination wedding and we planned everything via email and phone. She created exactly what we wanted and I would work with her again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Betty, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura was excellent as our wedding planner! She was extremely organized, provided great recommendations, and made sure our special day was absolutely perfect! She took all the stress out of our day, and made sure we were taken care of!

Shirley was our florist and she was absolute magic! We didn't really know what we wanted, but knew what we liked, and after a few conversations she put it all together perfectly. She was a pleasure to work with and her designs are absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Lee Ann , 9/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception, Destination

Working with Shirley was an amazing experience! The first time we met, we sat and talked for hours about what our dream wedding would look like and then how to make it a reality. Shirley let us combine some DIY elements with her professional grade decor, and was incredibly easy to communicate with, update and revise proposals, and even switch some ideas as the wedding got closer. It was no surprise to us when we walked in both the ceremony and the reception space and it looked incredible! We are loving seeing our guests photos as they pop up since everything went so fast - but it could not have come out more beautiful! We are so happy we worked with Shirley and would recommend her to everyone!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Design, Partial Planning, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

My husband and I got married two weekends ago at Jennette's Pier and used Shirley Cook with Sugar Snap Events as our florist for the wedding. She was absolutely AMAZING!!! This woman is a true genius in her field and knows everything there is to know about floral arrangements. As the first bride-to-be in the family, this entire process, especially in regards to florals, was completely new to all of us. Shirley helped us every step of the way, always responding to emails in a timely fashion and answering our billions of questions with ease. She even coordinated with I Do OBX to help with ceremony decor, as well. When our wedding day finally arrived, I was amazed at the decorations and bouquets that she had created for our event. They were absolutely BEAUTIFUL and exceeded every single expectation of mine! Shirley Cook is worth every single penny you will spend, trust me!! If you want the wedding of your dreams, then I would highly recommend Sugar Snap for your next event! :)

Profile Picture Megan, 7/1/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Shirley did a great job of walking us through options and helping us select flowers and decorations for our wedding and rehearsal dinner. For each event, it was a pleasure to see the items for the first time and be blown away. We were thrilled with the service and results from Shirley at Sugar Snap Events.

Profile Picture Kari, 6/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

We worked with Shirley from Sugar Snap for our Wedding in May 2017 at the Sanderling Resort. She did bouquets for myself (the bride) and all four bridesmaids. We had to do most of our planning over the phone and through email because this was a destination wedding and she was great to work with. She took my lack of knowledge about flowers and turned it into exactly what I was envisioning! I was in love with how the bouquets turned out! They also photographed perfectly.
Shirley also decorated the driftwood arch we were married under. I gave her a picture I had found of what I was thinking and what she did on the day of the wedding was even more than I could have imagined. It was the perfect backdrop to our ceremony.
Lastly, Shirley installed strings of cafe lights over our outdoor venue. We had brainstormed ways to decorate the reception venue together and came up with this addition and this was one of the best decoration decisions I made for the wedding and she made it come to life!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Shirley KILLED IT!!! This woman and her team work wonders. I had a really tough time picking flower types, colors, etc. and she worked with me tirelessly to find just the right style for our wedding. I basically chose some colors and several flowers, and let Shirley take the reins- she did an INCREDIBLE job. From our seating chart, to the centerpieces, to my bouquet, to the reception decor, to my bridesmaids awesome floral hoops (an idea Shirley had that I said go for it!), everything was exactly what I had pictured in my mind but couldn't put into words. Somehow this fabulous woman had read my mind and brought it to life. We could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding!

Profile Picture Darcey, 5/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shirley is one of the most creative and fun people to work with!

Profile Picture Marshall, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I worked with Shirley at sugar snaps for the flowers and decorations on our wedding day. The whole day was more beautiful than imagined. Shirley worked closely with me to plan flowers for the whole day and was super flexible when I emailed her with changes even close to the wedding date. She has amazing ideas and I have never seen more beautiful flowers in my whole life.

I added succulents to my plan pretty late in the planning and Shirley gave me the idea to save and root the succulents when I got home so I could keep them long past our wedding day. Thank you so much!!!!

Profile Picture Ellie, 11/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Shirley was a dream to work with and I am so happy and lucky she helped bring my non existent decor vision to life. Since meeting her last summer, she was always prompt to respond to emails, always answered all of my questions (even the dumb ones), and was always so kind and helpful. It's hard to plan a wedding from 6 hours away basically via email, but Shirley made it really, really, really easy. I was devastated when Hurricane Matthew was scheduled to hit the East Coast and we had to make the incredibly hard decision to move our wedding home to Charlotte. Shirley was so flexible and supportive of our decision and very, very last minute put together my bouquet and the boutonnieres and sent the rest of the flowers we had ordered from her home with us to Charlotte (and sent us home with some hobnail jars and candles too). Shirley is not only incredibly talented but she is incredibly kind, organized and easy to work with, and I highly, highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Chrissie, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Shirley was a delight to work with from the moment we met her. My mom was ready to book her within a few minutes of our first conversation. We described our vision for our altar for our beach wedding, and she immediately drew a mock-up of the entire thing. We were incredibly impressed by her follow-through and dedication. We got married during Hurricane Matthew, and the Tuesday before our Saturday wedding we were unsure if we were even going through with it. People like Shirley ensured that not only would we get married, but it would also still be beautiful even if indoors. She was at our venue the morning of and brought all of her extra materials since our location had abruptly changed. Even though we were now indoors instead of on the beach, she made adjustments and created the altar and atmosphere we had envisioned. She has a stellar personality and you cannot go wrong with Shirley.

Profile Picture Kellie, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Event Design, Referrals, Destination, Non-Religious

The flowers and decor were just gorgeous! I am still in awe with Shirley's ability to take a couple of my examples and bring them to life. I couldn't have been happier! She was also very responsive and very easy to work with and making sure I stayed within my budget. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to see our pictures!

Profile Picture Shelley, 9/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Shirley was absolutely amazing to work with since day one! From the first phone call, I could tell she is very passionate about what she does. When I first met with her, I was totally confused and didn't know how to explain what I wanted. All I told her at first, was that I wanted sunflowers. She then took it from there and was extremely helpful in providing suggestions and helping me visualize some different options. Needless to say, when I first laid eyes on my bouquet, as well as my bridesmaids, I fell in love! She nailed it and everything was exactly how I wanted it to be and more!

Shirley also set up string lights at my event, which turned out beautiful!

I highly recommend Sugar Snap Events! Shirley was very responsive and would answer all of my questions throughout the year in a timely manner. She also worked with me to meet my budget and never tried to up sell me on any additional items. I couldn't be more happy with everything that Sugar Snap Events provided for my special day!

Profile Picture michelle, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

I absolutely loved working with Shirley from Sugar Snap Events. I was an out of town bride, so planning my July wedding in Corolla felt extremely overwhelming. However, Shirley answered all my questions and assured me everything would look fabulous on the big day!

Shirley was able to communicate fast over email, keep an updated itemized breakdown, flexible on making last minute changes, and able to give me advice on floral options (flower colors, types and cost). And, I can’t say enough about her patience (especially with a bride that constantly changed her mind on the types of flowers).

Shirley worked her magic and transformed the Currituck pavilion into a dream reception with sparkling lights, gorgeous floral arrangements and lovely beachy decor! Additionally, she provided beautiful ceremony décor and a spectacular chalkboard seating chart (it was like she read my mind). Above all else, her floral arrangements are stunning; you can tell she places a ton of time, creativity and passion in every design. Everything was absolutely beautiful – surpassed all my expectations!

I’m so glad I got the chance to work with Shirley; she was absolutely fantastic! Shirley, thank you for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Wedding Date: 07/23/16

Profile Picture Nikki, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Shirley is seriously a dream to work with! She's so sweet and accommodating. And it was really fun chatting with her on the phone in our initial convo, bouncing ideas off each other, and she even logged in and looked at my Pinterest! Flowers were an area that I didn't know much about, so I mainly just pinned bouquets that I liked and she helped me figure out how to achieve the look I wanted. And she will definitely work with you on pricing, she can help you pick different flowers to fit your budget but still achieve your vision.
She provided my bouquet, 8 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 groom boutonniere, 12 boutonnieres for groomsmen/ushers/my dad and grandpa, 2 mothers' wrist corsages, 3 grandmothers' pin on corsages, extra flowers for my hair, as well as a driftwood arch for my ceremony, ceiling installation of fabric and twinkle lights, and twinkle lights draped on the pier outside my reception space.
The flowers were all gorgeous and held up in the 100 degree unseasonably warm heat that day, and I was blown away by the ceiling at my reception venue and how pretty the arch looked for our ceremony. You will not be disappointed by Shirley, and like I said she can accommodate just about any budget in my opinion. She has tons of rental options for decor and there's definitely something for everyone!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/15/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

I had Sugar Snap Events do my flowers for my June 2016 wedding. We met with Shirley a year before the wedding and when we met she already had looked through our Pinterest board for the flower ideas we had. She had wonderful ideas and knew what look we were going for. My wedding flowers were BEAUTIFUL!! Sugar Snaps is a great vendor! You definitely can't go wrong going with them!!

Profile Picture Lorna, 6/25/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Shirley was beyond outstanding! My friends Lorna and David were married in June at the Outer Banks and she provided nothing short of exceptional floral design and services. Originally, Lorna and I intended to DIY the flowers. It seemed easy enough but the more we started considering the logistics, the more complicated and expensive it was becoming. During one of our many trips to OBX to prepare for the wedding, we had a meeting with Shirley at Sugar Snap Events. We loved her right from the beginning. Not only was she prepared (she had already studied Lorna's Pinterest board), she understood the vision, had great suggestions, and was super warm and friendly. Lorna and David only went slightly over budget but the pay-off was incredible! Lorna and David had GORGEOUS flowers and decor! Shirley provided the beachy accents that Lorna had wanted to incorporate in addition to silver mercury glass votive holders. The decor featured beautiful textures and colors that all seemed to fit together. Lorna and David also opted to have fairy lights wrapped around the columns at the Sea Ranch that Shirley also provided. The look was beyond beautiful and everything that my friends had hoped for. I'm so grateful that we sought a vendor to handle the flowers rather than trying to take on the task. Shirley's work made the look of the wedding come together so perfectly. Thank you, Sugar Snap Events!

Profile Picture radeyah, 6/25/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Event Design, Referrals

Shirley created beautiful flower arrangements, bouquets, boutonnieres, etc. for our wedding! Everyone kept telling me how gorgeous my bouquet was and how beautiful the ceremony and reception flowers were! I can never thank her enough for taking the time to make our ceremony location look beautiful after a last minute change of plans. It really was stunning!

Profile Picture User6878210, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Our flowers were gorgeous & when it rained on our wedding day, Shirley worked quickly with our wedding planner to change our decor a bit to fit our back-up space. We had paid for a deiftwood arch on the beach, which would not have fit indoors, and she designed a backdrop with flowers for us on the fly. Our table decor & all of our flowers were gorgeous & just what we'd hoped for.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shirley was incredibly helpful when we were planning the design of our wedding. She helped us make really difficult decisions in a fun way. The final product was fantastic and we're so thrilled to have worked with her. Thank you!

Profile Picture User6730863, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious, Event Design, Ceremony, Reception

I met Shirley at the Expo and knew right off that bat that I had to work with her. She is funny and cool and has some of the best ideas. She clearly loves what she does. Leading up to the wedding she was amazing to work with and helped me create the exact bouquets and decor I was envisioning. We went back and forth with ideas and she always had great input - some stuff I didn't even think of, which was great and very helpful! Fast forward to the wedding day - she went above and beyond. She had added little touches that we hadn't even discussed. Everything look so amazingly beautiful. The lanterns on the ceiling - she added some other colors to soften it up and it was gorgeous. Little floral arrangements on the chairs for the sweetheart table. And let's talk about my bouquet! I was almost in tears when I had to finally throw it out because the flowers we dying. That's how amazing it was! I absolutely loved working with Shirley and wish I could do it all over just to work with her again. Haha! She's that great!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/6/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

I am SO happy we went with Sugar Snap Events for our flowers and decor. Shirley did an amazing job, and was totally prepared to help me figure out what I had in mind from the start.

When Shirley brought in my bouquet the day of the wedding, I cried because of how absolutely 100% perfect it was and seeing the most beautiful bouquet of ever seen with stargazer lilies, blue statice and starfish, it was that moment that the whole day became real, it was really in motion.

Shirley is very talented at what she does, and she really knows her stuff. She worked with us to make decisions and changes to stay within our budget, and had excellent suggestions and recommendations. She was easy to contact via email, and I was confident from day one that met her at the OBXWA expo in January that she would be perfect for us. It pays to go with your instinct, I would recommend Sugar Snap Events to anybody.

Profile Picture Robin, 10/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Very pleased with prices and value of products!! Such a breeze to work with!

Profile Picture User4142528, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews