704 Indian Drive, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948 Map · Phone number
Package Price $2,000
Availability Check your date

About To Have And to Hold OBX

Your Outer Banks wedding is one of the most significant days of your life, and you want all your visions and dreams to come together on that day. I can make that happen for you. I honestly care about your wedding and about the entire process that leads up to that day.

With more than 35 years of experience helping to plan and carry out hundreds of Outer Banks weddings, you can rest easy knowing that you are working with a dedicated professional who has helped many a bride and groom come to the end of their big day with grins on their faces, love in their hearts…and no stress!

And, by the way, I love weddings! Everything about them makes me happy. You might think that being in the middle of so many weddings and rehearsals, one could get jaded or begin to think of them as just the next event. But I never get tired of the emotions, the ties that happen between friends and family, the small details that make your wedding just like you or the awed hush that happens among the assembled guests as one of my brides starts her processional toward the love of her life. It never, ever gets old. I live in the excitement that you bring to this loving, happy event in your life and help you create it exactly as you’ve envisioned, even if all you need from me is coordination for just the wedding day or for the rehearsal.

• Ashley & Andrew Weddings

To Have And to Hold OBX 2
To Have And to Hold OBX 3
To Have And to Hold OBX 4

Terri Porter · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Brenda is a wedding planner superhero

BRENDA IS a wedding planning SUPERHERO. Her superpowers are vast and amazing and there is no way that I could properly list all of the big and little things that Brenda did in the months leading up to my daughters wedding and during the wedding weekend... that made our day fun, relaxing and memorable. My opinion ,as mother of the bride- Brenda was worth every penny. If you are planning a destination wedding in OBX- you need Brenda- She knows everyone- her preferred vendor list is full of reliable vendors who know exactly what needs to be done to make your wedding planning and wedding day stress free and perfect! She has OBX leverage! I did not believe that this could actually happen- but Brenda was totally right when she said her job was to make sure that … All I had to do was put on a pretty dress and show up to have a fabulous time at my daughter's wedding! It really did happen just like that! Brenda found a new florist two weeks before the wedding, when the one I chose (bride was deployed) could not meet my daughter's budget. Brenda recognized guests who needed care, special treatment or a bit less alcohol and she addressed these specific needs discretely and professionally. Brenda dealt with the details so I could focus on my daughter! Brenda is uber - organized and she provided a flawless ceremony, coordinated with the vendors, ensured that my daughter's wedding vision was a reality. I suspect that Brenda even ordered the perfect weather for our outdoor ceremony. Brenda allowed us to truly celebrate the occasion with friends and family because we did not have to worry about anything. Brenda and my daughter got along so well- and Brenda empowered my daughter to trust her instincts and they made this wedding a very personal and unique event. Brenda made us feel like our wedding was the most important and most special event.. She will do that for YOU too. Thank you Brenda for EVERYTHING- You set the standard very high...

Sent on 12/06/2019

To Have And to Hold OBX's reply:

Terri, thank you much for these wonderful words and I was truly blessed to meet you and your daughter. Your entire family was spectacular. I love what I do and am so glad you had a wonderful time at your daughter's wedding. Hoping your Holiday will be fabulous and love to you all. We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary this weekend and it reminds me of when I planned my own wedding all those years ago, which got me started in this business. Please give my regards to the entire family.
  • Melinda

Melinda · Married on 08/02/2019

Brenda is amazing!

Look no further! Brenda and her crew are absolutely amazing. I could not have asked for a better day of coordinator. She kept me sane and organized all the way through. She was like my organized, caring mom throughout the whole process. She always had a listening ear when I was overwhelmed and stressed about everything coming together. She is the reason everything came together so amazingly even when the weather did not want to cooperate. The day of I did not have to worry about a thing, which was truly a blessing. Again, I could not recommend Brenda even more. She is the BEST!!!

To Have And to Hold OBX 5
    To Have And to Hold OBX 6
    Sent on 10/30/2019

To Have And to Hold OBX's reply:

Melinda, thank you so much. It was my pleasure to work with you and to make your day stress free. Hope you are doing well.
  • User3549217 · Recently married

Brenda went Above and beyond for us

We booked Brenda about 8 months before our wedding. She was available to meet when we went up to OBX and readily available by phone. She helped us with vendor recommendations since we were out of town and went with us to meet with all of them. But beyond that.... 2 months before our wedding we lost our venue. I was out of town for work for 2 weeks and Brenda helped find us another venue and get our vendors switched. On top of all that 2 days before our wedding we decided to move the wedding up a day due to storms coming in!!! She helped get ahold of all the vendors to see if everyone could switch. Brenda went above and beyond her duties!! So thankful we hired her as our wedding planner!!! There is No way we could have done it without her!

To Have And to Hold OBX 7
    To Have And to Hold OBX 8
    Sent on 06/07/2019

To Have And to Hold OBX's reply:

Ashley, thank you for this wonderful review. Working with you and Chris was wonderful. I am just so glad everything turned out so well. You two are the best!!

To Have And to Hold OBX FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 950.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 2000
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Rev. Jay Bowman
    Rev. Jay Bowman Wedding Officiants

I've performed many weddings with Brenda at the planner's helm and she has delivered every time. I mean, 'every time'! That's like mission impossible. Her experience and expertise in Outer Banks weddings is impressive, but what I like most is her heart of gold that values everyone around her. If you're lucky enough to have her as your planner, you're in really good hands.

• 704 Indian Drive Kill Devil Hills, 27948 See on map