Baltazar Photography | DC Wedding Photographer Reviews

65 | Rockville, MD

65 Reviews for Baltazar Photography | DC Wedding Photographer

Judy · Married on 10/15/2010

We haven't even seen our proofs yet but we already satisfied!!! Chris is really professional but easy going. He is also pretty tall if you are looking for someone who wont give you a double chin. He was pretty much invisible the entire evening...great bc we were looking for someone unobtrusive. I've seen his previous weddings and he is a genius about making unremarkable spaces look amazing.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Derek · Married on 09/05/2010

After looking at so many wedding pictures of friends and family, my wife and I found Chris Baltazar. We really liked how all of his photo sessions seemed to have a different "feel" to them that was specific to the couple. His pictures were all so rich and vibrant, appearing larger than life, without looking like some type of computer animation. After meeting and talking with Chris, we learned that he was a double threat, in that he's not only "just" a photographer, but has a background in graphic design, which helps immensely in post processing - the other half of what makes great wedding photographs.

On the day of the wedding Chris showed up on time as expected. One thing about Chris... he's a real cool cat... there's a quiet yet confident demeanor that I picked up right away which allowed me to put all my confidence in him right off the bat. This was a good thing, because I was a nervous wreck that required 4 stiff drinks during the photo session just to loosen up. Chris picked up on this right away, and was able to talk me down a bit. As far as his style and direction - I've only taken photos once before, and that was for our engagement session which was an awkward experience altogether when you're not used to posing. One thing Chris does that I liked a lot was that he actually will do the pose himself to show you what he's looking for, then, you do it, and he makes minor adjustments to get the shot. It just makes so much more sense, and is more efficient than my previous experience. He was also able to keep up with a very chaotic group of family members, at least a dozen groups, who all wanted BIG family pictures. He chugged right through all of them, very efficiently and without ever being rude. He didn't miss one family. I think this had a lot to do with his very specific and easy to follow direction. And this was all by himself, no assistant, at a wedding of 200 people. He stood on chairs, kneeled behind bushes, layed on his side, and did whatever else he needed to get that shot.

Throughout the night, he was able to blend in just fine with our family and friends while doing his thing. By reception time, I had shaken off all my nerves, and I honestly owe a lot of it to Chris - it felt as if I had my coach watching me behind the lense during the most important match of my life. Chris Baltazar's photos speak for themselves. And Chris - he is a true professional and has just the right attitude that you need during a wedding. His vision is clear and you never have to think "Ok, I guess I just have to trust he knows what he's doing." He's a very friendly guy to have around too. We felt like we were hanging out with one of our guests, not posing for a professional photographer. I told Chris before the ceremony that he holds the keys to the flow of the wedding, and if he needed to stop or change ANYTHING to get THE shot, he's the #1 priority.
    I give Chris Baltazar my full confidence and recommendation - just look at the pictures on his website if you're not sure.

Sent on 10/09/2010

Jamie and Teddy · Married on 06/19/2010

It was a pleasure working with Chris for our June wedding. He did a phenomenal job amidst a near 15-hour shoot with multiple cultural ceremonies under the blazing hot June sun! Chris is extremely professional and incredibly easy to work with-- he was always accessible for questions or concerns. His work speaks for itself and we couldn't have asked for any better. We did our homework before picking a photographer and if you're planning a DC-area wedding, or any location at that, Baltazar Photography is the absolute best choice!

Sent on 08/09/2010

Makduda · Married on 06/18/2010

Chris Baltazar is wonderful to work with and very professional. He makes the entire family feel very comfortable and never intrudes during the event. I never even knew that he was around taking photographs during the event.

Sent on 08/10/2010

Jocelyn · Married on 04/24/2010

I couldn’t have more great things to say about Baltazar Photography and Chris Baltazar. From the moment I saw their portfolio, I fell in love with the photography style, Chris’ eye for impeccable shots and amazing use of color. I didn’t need to interview any other photographer after meeting with Chris. He is incredibly professional, talented and a pleasure to work with!

Chris shot both our destination wedding and local reception. Throughout the entire process he was super responsive and flexible. He always had great photo ideas and was a lot of fun to work with. He worked quickly and patiently and was able to capture amazing photos and unforgettable moments.

I would, and do, recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Austin · Married on 04/17/2010

Our experience with Baltazar Photography was fantastic. We found out about Chris Baltazar at the Weddzilla Launch Party in DC and we sure were glad we did. Upon reaching out to Chris for an engagement photo session, he was extremely responsive and demonstrated flexibility and guidance as we decided where to do our shoot...he even provided recommendations to help us decide what to wear! When we met with Chris on the day of the shoot, I was pleasantly surprised that he wanted to sit down with me and my fiance and get to know us a bit and understand what type of feel we were looking for. He quickly made us feel comfortable and at ease and it's clear he has an amazing eye for photography. The shoot was a lot of fun and it wasn't long before we saw pictures!

The end product was beautiful; we absolutely love the engagement pictures! The whole experience from start to finish exemplified top-notch quality and professionalism.

- Austin

Sent on 04/22/2010

Ji Sun · Married on 03/20/2010

My wedding required two different venues and I also wanted to go to another place for outdoor shots. Chris gave me some great outdoor recommendations and the Baltazar team was very flexible, professional and fun to be around. I saw my wedding photos on a private online site as we agreed, the week I got back from my honeymoon and received my photo disc 2 weeks after the honeymoon. They are so diligent!

Sent on 04/20/2010

Sheeba · Married on 02/27/2010

The photos turned out great and were exactly the style that we wanted! Chris Baltazar is an extremely professional and kind person; we were so glad that he was able to shoot our wedding and reception. He helped me and my husband relax that day in front of the camera, and he captured great moments during the wedding. I can't say enough to recommend him for any event!

Sent on 04/01/2010

Socheat · Married on 09/19/2009

Chris does outstanding work and very easy to work with. I would recommend his services to everyone. Worth every penny spent!

Sent on 10/12/2009
  • W

Wang · Married on 09/18/2009

Absolutely stunning pictures. Reponds to all emails almost instantaneously. Comfortable and fun to work with. Worth every penny.

Sent on 10/12/2009

rosa · Married on 07/11/2009

Amazing!!! I'm so jealous of my photos.

Sent on 08/07/2009

Jerold · Married on 04/29/2009

Chris is excellent on what he does. If you want a top notch quality of work and service, I highly recommend him. He is easy and fun to work with and understands his clients' needs.

Sent on 11/05/2009

Min Hee · Married on 11/22/2008

Using Chris and Bradley as our wedding photographers was one of the best decisions we made in planning our fun and memorable wedding. They are super laid back and very fun to work with! Our family and friends absolutely loved Chris and Bradley and asked us where we found them! :)

We didn't have to interview any other photographers, we knew right away (actually I knew once I saw his work on his website :)) after our first meeting with him. We are so happy with the pictures. Check out his portfolio online and you'll know what I mean!

Cheers!
    Min Hee and Tim

Sent on 03/26/2009

Thi · Married on 10/18/2008

Chris Baltazar is the best photographer in town. If you are lucky enough to book him, do it now and do it fast. His work is amazing and you won't find anyone better. His pictures blew us away and he was worth every penny and more. You won't notice him when everything is going on, but you'll notice how wonderful his pictures are after he shows you. He puts his heart into our wedding and you'll love him once you meet him. We interviewed a few photographers and he was the most professional and artistic. You only get once chance at the wedding, make it count and call Chris.

sam · Married on 10/11/2008

I just wanted to thank you sooo much for photographing our wedding. I
    couldnt EVER IMAGINE the beauitful pictures you and Charles created. Words
    cannot describe the emotions I have towards the work you do. I come to your
    site often to look at your newest pictures and wedding portfolios. Your
    talent makes me want to get married all over everyday just to experience
    every moment relived by your pictures. You create a scene/vision of anything
    that a normal person cannot see and make it into art. Thank you again for
    sharing our day with us and making every picture worth it!! - Samantha Crumpton

Sent on 03/30/2009

Trevor · Married on 08/16/2008

Chris and his team did an amazing job with our wedding photos! The clarity and color of every picture was fantastic and everyone who saw our album was impressed. They captured every moment perfectly and we couldn't be more pleased with Baltazar Photography!

Niki · Married on 05/09/2008

I would highly recommend Baltazar Photography to any couple looking for a great photographer. Our photographs are amazing and everyone who has viewed them just raves about them. In addition to providing great photographs, Chris Baltazar is friendly and very easy to work with. We had a destination wedding and Chris was able to mingle with our guest effortlessly while capturing all the best moments of our wedding. We received our proofs, albums and everything else we ordered in a timely manner and could not be more pleased. Photography was the most important part of our wedding for us and Baltazar Photography exceeded all expectations.

Sophia · Married on 04/05/2008

Chris and his team did an amazing job! We couldn’t have picked a better photographer. Our money was well invested and we are extremely happy with our wedding photos & album. Thanks Chris!!

Matthew · Married on 04/05/2008

Chris and his team are an amazing group of people. The entire crew was very easy to work with and were always professional (arrived early, dressed stylishly to blend in, worked the entire event like a group of ninjas). Chris' style of photography allows the wedding party and all guests to just be normal and enjoy themselves. At no point did I or anyone who attended the wedding feel that they were forced to be in a certain poses or situations just to "make" a good picture. The photos that we received and later included in our wedding book were all amazing! Our wedding photos were so good that they were selected to be in the Knot Magazine.

Neil · Married on 08/10/2007

Very professional yet they made you feel comfortable in a way as if they were like family members.

• U

Ursula · Married on 05/04/2007

Chris and Mao photographed our destination wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica. They were professional, yet personable, and the photography was amazing! With absolutely no previous visits to Jamaica, our pictures came out like he was a native of the island and familiar with the resort we were married at. We were very comfortable with him, which is important because the last thing anyone would want is to see discomfort in a picture.

My family and friends still comment on how beautiful his work is. Awesome and exceptional are the constant words that people viewing my photos say about Chris' work. Chris is definitely a talented photographer and I would recommend him to anyone interested in extremely good quality, photojournalistic type pictures. He has an eye for details and a passion for creating artistic, beautiful portraits that will have you re-living that special day every time you browse through your pictures, or view your slideshow!

Kim · Married on 10/28/2006

Chris Baltazar did an amazing job! He came with me to my make-up appointment to take getting ready pictures and was able to capture all the special parts of our wedding. The pictures turned out amazing and I would (and have) recommend him to all of my friends!

Sent on 02/22/2009

meredith · Married on 09/09/2006

We love our photos. They are exactly what we wanted. They are beautiful, artistic and personal.

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2006

The amazingly artistic work of Baltazar Photography is what initially drew us to this company. After our first consultation, we knew that we had lucked up on an incredibly talented team of photographers and were sure that our wedding weekend memories would be well captured. Chris and his assistant were attentive and 100% considerate of our needs, ideas, and hectic weekend celebration timeline. They brought insightful and creative design to our themed wedding and captured the finest details we worked so hard to plan and execute. Our interactions pre- and post- wedding interactions with the Baltazar family let us further know that we not only were blessed to find such skillful and warm photographers, but that we had met life-long friends. We've recommended them to everyone we know who are getting married. I can't wait to work with this company again . . . 5 year anniversary is right around the corner. - Ashley & Desira Stewart

Surobhi · Married on 12/15/1979

My husband and I hired Baltazar Photography for our wedding on May 24, 2009, and we cannot say enough nice things about them! Our wedding pictures are so beautiful, and my guests cannot stop raving about them. On the day of, they were everything you could ever ask for in a photographer. Chris along with his second shooter Brad did not miss a moment, and they captured every special moment that I missed during all of the festivities. I also loved how well they captured both the inside and outside of our venue, the World Trade Center, Baltimore Inner Harbor. Our wedding took place on the top floor of the center and had panoramic views of the entire harbor area. Not only did they manage to capture every moment of the wedding, they also managed to capture the structure, lights and the energy of being surrounded by the harbor. Lastly, did I mention how much fun they are to work with? Seriously, they are relaxed, flexible, reliable and so friendly. They were the photographers at my older brother's wedding, my wedding, and probably will be photographing our other family members' special occasions! Hiring Baltazar was one of the BEST decisions I made for my wedding.

Sent on 11/03/2009