67 Atlantic Highway, Lincolnville, ME 04849 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 33
  • Real Weddings 1

About Point Lookout Resort

Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center is a destination wedding venue located in Northport, Maine. Set atop a mountain with views of Penobscot Bay in the background, couples will experience beauty in every aspect of this venue. Point Lookout is also set on 387 acres of forest that can make perfect pictures for an adventurous or outdoorsy couple.

Facilities and Capacity
With 387 acres at its disposal, Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center has enough space to hold up to 400 guests. The Summit facility is the leading site at this venue that boasts mahogany floors, a great room, lounges, fireplaces, artwork and a glass rotunda reception room with views of islands off the coast of Maine. Hedges Hall is a 10,000-square-foot ballroom with a glass wrap around veranda that is set over the bay and islands. Attached to this site are two hand carved bars and a 10,000-square-foot open air pavilion that can hold up to 400 people.

Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center prides itself in the individualized service that it offers to every couple. They work with couples to coordinate everything that the couple desire. Some services they offer are:

• On-site catering

Point Lookout Resort 4
Point Lookout Resort 5

Emma · Married on 04/27/2019

An absolute dream!

It was a dream to work with Jess Riley at Point Lookout. The venue is breathtaking, and the staff top notch. My husband and I are heartbroken to hear that the venue will be closing at the end of the year. We were looking forward to many future visits!

We toured the venue roughly a year before our wedding date, on a cloudy, foggy day. The venue was still stunning. If you know anything about April in Maine, you know the value of a venue that has both indoor and outdoor options. Point Lookout has the stunning lawn if the stars align and the weather is perfect, and several indoor rooms that can serve as a backup all on site. I loved that the backup wouldn’t have guests seated at the reception tables – there was a separate space that would be all prepared if needed.

Throughout my year of planning, Jess and her staff patiently answered my million questions. She reviewed potential day-of timelines countless times, worked with me to open a second room for quieter, comfortable conversation during the reception, and seamlessly coordinated with my other vendors. Jess worked with me to ensure the room block was set up correctly and kept me updated on how full it was. She made meal recommendations that my guests are still raving about. She worked with us to provide a space to finish packing our welcome baskets the day before our wedding, and had the front desk staff hand them out as our guests were arriving. The guests who arrived a day or two early were informed of the baskets by the staff. It made my life so much easier to be able to assemble them on site!

We also asked about an accessible van for one of our handicap guests since we requested transportation around the mountain. Jess made sure our guest was taken care of well beyond our wildest dreams – he was so appreciative, and it really was due to Jess’s attention to detail.

On the day of our wedding, she kept everything running smoothly. I didn’t even know when the cake was delivered – it was just there! Everything ran so efficiently that we were 30 minutes ahead of schedule by the time the ceremony began (of course we waited for the guests before beginning). Even though we had rain almost all day long, the space was still stunning. Jess let me know by what time I needed to make the final call on inside vs. outside and made sure I would be happy with the decision.

The Point Lookout staff was absolutely top notch – everything ran like clockwork, they worked with my DJ to make sure the audiovisual equipment was fully functioning, and the room set ups were everything I dreamed. The catering staff made sure everything was taken care of for my husband and I (including making sure we could eat!). Honestly, one of the most upsetting aspects of the Point Lookout closure will be that such a well-functioning, high quality staffing team will be very difficult to find for future events. Booking the venue would have been worth it due to the quality staffing alone, not just the views. This made the overall venue an amazing deal you couldn’t find elsewhere (and I looked)!

The next day, our breakfast had to be relocated due to the cold weather (we were informed a day or two before our wedding and could inform our guests). We were exceptionally fortunate to use the Summit facility. The day started bright and gorgeous so our guests could see the beautiful Penobscot Bay.

For couples fortunate enough to have a wedding before the venue closes, I highly recommend doing as my husband and I did: spend an extra evening after your wedding at Point Lookout and enjoy a hike or two in the area. It was wonderful to enjoy the scenery while we relived our wedding together.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Ally Burditt · Married on 02/16/2019

Point lookout

We could not have asked for a better venue. Point lookout is amazing. Jess and the entire staff were amazing. Making everything a breeze we did not have to worry about anything!! The food for rehearsal dinner and reception were delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. We loved that we were able to make a weekend out of it instead of just one day! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 01/19/2019

The Most Incredible Wedding Weekend

We just had our wedding at Point Lookout this past weekend. What an incredible experience!

The property and facilities are top-notch. From the log cabin style accommodations, to the elegant lodge-like reception venues. Even the bowling alley, which we utilized for a Welcome Party is very well done. The entire 400+ acre property provides a cozy, woodsy vibe and the views from The Summit are absolutely breathtaking.

Our wedding planner, Jessica Riley, was also top-notch. She was extremely courteous, responsive and supportive throughout the entire process—from the early stages of wedding planning through day-of execution. She's a rock star. Jess will take care of absolutely everything on the day of your wedding. She was very patient with my plethora of questions throughout the planning process and I feel very fortunate to have worked with someone like Jess.

We didn't have the opportunity to try the food before the wedding and it was absolutely delicious! We've received so many comments from our guests about all the dishes and portion sizes. They also provide a wide variety of catering options, letting you choose the best solution for your party size and budget.

The wait staff also took such good care of us. They are extremely efficient in their process—food was served hot and we were never without a beverage. We are truly appreciative of everyone's efforts in making the weekend run so smooth.

The log cabin accommodations are super cute and cozy. While we didn't invite children to our wedding, many of our guests brought their children up for the weekend along with their in-laws/sitter. This allowed the adults to enjoy the wedding festivities while having their children close-by in a comfortable setting. We've been told this made the entire travel process so much easier.

We utilized the bowling alley for our Welcome Party the night before. We invited all our guests to join us for pizza and bowling and everyone had SO much fun. It was an excellent way to get everyone together before the wedding and allowed us to spend more time with our guests. I would highly recommend doing this!

All in all, I would highly recommend Point Lookout as a venue—you will not be disappointed. There's no other place like it!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Point Lookout Resort FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 6500
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 3000
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Banquet Hall
    Hotel
    Resort
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Outside Cake
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Altar/Arch
    Audio Equipment
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Furniture
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Shuttle
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January