119 Exchange St, Portland, ME 04101 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Guest capacity 1 to 60
Availability Check your date

About The Press Hotel

The Press Hotel an elegant wedding venue set in the coastal town of Portland, Maine. This luxurious space is Portland’s first independent boutique hotel. It boasts antique architectural structure redone from its original frame. This hotel space also allows ease of transportation before or after the wedding for you and your guests.

Facilities and Capacity
If you desire an intimate setting with a story behind it, look no further than The Press Hotel. The maximum capacity of the largest room is 100 guests for a reception or 70 for a banquet. This room is called The Composing Room that features hand-crafted paneling and expansive windows to allow for natural lighting. The Editorial Room has a vintage vibe that is attributed to the built-in bookcase. The Editorial can hold up to 45 of your closest friends and family for a reception and 36 for banquets. For an even more intimate setting, The News Room can hold up to 26 guests for a reception across from the Inkwell Bar.

The Press Hotel offers services to go along with its boutique-hotel story. A few of these services include:

• Accommodations
The bride
The bride
screen shot 2017 10 25 at 3 36 42 pm
The Press Hotel
press hotel wedding cocktail hour
screen shot 2017 10 25 at 3 36 14 pm
The couple
press hotel wedding bridal photography
ph 0012 2

The Press Hotel 5
The Press Hotel 6
The Press Hotel 7

Kayla Burmeister · Married on 04/19/2019

How to Describe Perfect?!

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Press Hotel and their staff. Everything was INCREDIBLE and I'm beyond thrilled we chose them for our big day! I struggled to write this review because I wasn't sure how to praise them enough! Anna - our sales/event manager - helped us with everything from start to finish with our wedding, from the agreement to the day of - and boy was she AMAZING!!! I'm in event planning for a living she and her team are hands down some of the best I've ever worked with. We felt so taken care of, and the process was simple and as stress free as can be. Anna went above and beyond for us, was super detail-oriented, and made sure our vision for our day came to life. She had amazing suggestions which we gladly accepted (i.e. the idea for our signature drink was all hers and was a huge crowd pleaser) , and when the hotel was running a promotion for our hotel room she actually updated our agreement to reflect the new price without us even asking. You don't find that everywhere! The day was perfect and our guests had the best time. I got texts from guests saying the lobby bar was pouring them champagne when they found out they were here for the wedding! And all of our guests knew every single name of the Valet staff - people LOVED them! Everything felt intimate/close-knit and high class, and everyone was taken care of amazingly the second they stepped on the property. I haven't even mentioned the incredible food, amazing rooms, and outstanding service! Ugh I could go on forever. If you're thinking of using them for your wedding please do - you will not be disappointed!! They have our business forever when we are in the area!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Lisa Andrade · Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing Venue!!

Anna and her staff at the Press Hotel were above and beyond what I could have ever expected for my wedding venue. We visited many venues and none of them were quite working - and honestly places we visited sort of left us feeling like we were doing them a favor when we were meeting with them.

We had stayed at the Press Hotel before and were always so impressed with the staff. What really put us over the top was once evening when we were trying to choose our venue, we decided to have dinner and stay at the Press. The sales manager, Anna Paschal knew we were coming in and arranged for some pretty awesome special treatment! It was that night that everything fell into place for us and we both were in love wit this venue.

The funny thing is that we ended up staying at the Press a few weeks later and never told anyone there we had booked a wedding and the service was completely the same - impeccable! We were treated so well and everyone from valet to front desk and bar staff was so incredibly courteous.

We continued to have this amazing service from the hotel and its staff through to our wedding day. Anna was so completely on top of everything and consistently checked in with me. She responded back to every question in a very timely way.

The day of my wedding the penthouse was breathtaking. I wanted to see the reception room set up but I was super busy getting ready, so Anna sent me many pictures. They totally nailed the set up and everything about the service on my wedding was amazing. Our wait staff was so prompt and pleasant - many guests commented on this!!

I am so thrilled to have had my wedding here. I would do it all over again if I could. We plan on going back for visits often because we love this place. I would highly recommend the Press Hotel to anyone looking to have a beautiful downtown Portland wedding.

Sent on 02/14/2019