Pencil Events

Bowdoinham, ME 04008 Map · Phone number

About Pencil Events

Pencil Events is a small but fierce wedding planning company specializing in handmade events design and whimsically curated weddings in the Portland area of Maine. PE's owner, Megan Lord, believes that weddings, like love, are best when playful and brave. PE takes on a variety of event design, craft instruction, and other creative projects in Maine. When Megan is not plugging away at living creatively herself, she is studying studying studying for her advanced degree in Clinical Psychology or playing with her Miniature Schnauzer, Olive.

Bouquet and newspapers
Couple scarfts
Couple scarfts

8 Reviews for Pencil Events

Jill · Married on 07/12/2014

Megan from Pencil Events was amazing!

As a wedding planner myself, I planned everything for our wedding. But I needed someone to come in on the day of our wedding and make it all happen. That was Megan! When she arrived at our condo, I instantly felt at ease. I knew she'd handle all the details to make sure the room looked the way I wanted it to and all of the vendors were taken care of. I'm so thankful to have worked with Megan - she allowed me to stop being the planner and start being the bride!

Sent on 09/17/2014

John · Married on 08/24/2013

About two months out from our wedding date, we realized that we needed some help to pull off our vision of a Maine camp wedding. Megan stepped in immediately to help put the finishing touches on that vision and lay out a plan of attack for making it all happen. She was a CHAMPION the weekend of the event. We couldn't have done this with out her.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Monika · Married on 08/03/2013

We had a wonderful wedding that was fun, creative, and somewhat complicated with all the different elements that we wanted to include. Pencil Events, aka Megan, made planning and the actual wedding day so easy and enjoyable. Megan helped us with everything throughout the 10 month wedding planning process, from helping us come up with a vision of how we wanted the day to look, to choosing table runners, to crafting the ceremony from scratch, to creating the beautiful bridal bouquets and flower arrangements, to setting out the dessert on platters after dinner.

We live in New York City but wanted to get married in Portland, so having a wedding planner to help in the long distance arrangements was important to us. We met with Megan during all of our planning trips to Portland, and there were plenty additional of Skype meetings, phone calls, emails and text messages in between. Megan is super creative, organized, thoughtful, and is a great listener. She was mindful of our budget. She made the bouquets for me and my bridesmaids, boutonnieres for the gents, and all the flower arrangements that were used at the reception. They were beautiful.

We found our DJ and photographer through Megan, and we loved them, as well. Our wedding was everything we wanted (and then some). Our guests had a great time. We had a blast. Pencil Events is fabulous.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Pencil Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,860.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 4,350.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 6,493.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly, Military
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Rev. Erika Hewitt
    Rev. Erika Hewitt Wedding Officiants

Megan is a joy to work with: solid, grounded, professional, and savvy. I appreciate the way she's present when needed, and quietly ready to step in at other times. I trust her completely, and look forward to "working weddings" with her!

• A Sweet Start
    A Sweet Start Wedding Officiants

Creative, clever, unique, fabulous, funny, and a total pro, that's what you'll get if you hire Megan to be your wedding planner/stylist. There is no one doing weddings like Megan! Id' love to be inside her head and see how she comes up with her creative ideas. She's not only talented in design but she's the easiest person to talk to and understands human relationships and all the zaniness that can come up around weddings. She's your go-to gal for everything you'll need for the wedding beyond your dreams!

• Bell Imaging & Design LLC
    Bell Imaging & Design LLC Wedding Photographers

I hired Megan to help me with the day-of execution of the Open House for my pet photography division, Bell's Furry Friends Photography. As a pro who has experienced what it's like to plan something and execute it the day of while responsible for other duties, I know how important it is to have someone in your corner. That someone was Megan from Pencil Events. In addition to the day of "stuff" that happens when you plan an event, she was accessible and able to help me focus my planning, provided some fun and innovative suggestions and was there to help me every step of the way. When the night of the event came, I was able to focus on my guests and ensuring that I was able to answer questions and make them feel comfortable. Don't try to DIY it. Hire someone who knows what they're doing. Hire Pencil Events.

• Bowdoinham, 04008 See on map