Favorite Cakes

Charlottesville, VA View map

Favorite Cakes is the premier wedding cake designer in Charlottesville, VA, and the surrounding area. Favorite Cakes offers superior customer-service -- from personalized tastings to expert set-up onsite to special touches like a separate bride/groom's cake as a take-away. Kathy also creates indulgent dessert offerings like handmade, chocolate dipped marshmallows on homemade graham crackers.

$6.00

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Anniversary Cake
Top Tier of the Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$3.00

What services do your prices include?

Custom Cake Design
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

Ally Married on 08/03/2019

Kindest, most talented baker in Charlottesville!

Kathy was such a joy to work with. She was kind, flexible, and most of all...her cakes and baked goods are INCREDIBLE! We highly, highly recommend hiring Kathy for your wedding day cakes and favors.

Highlights:
    -The cake...omg. We did bride's white cake with blackberry filling and buttercream frosting. It is the best cake I've ever eaten. I am counting down the days until our first anniversary so I can eat this cake again. The buttercream is absolutely to die for.
    -She perfectly executed my vision for a simple cake with taller tiers. It looked beautiful and exactly as I had imagined!
    -We toyed with the idea of doing kolaches for favors (Kathy and I are both from TX, where kolaches are quite popular). Kathy worked with her cousins and other contacts to experiment with these. We ended up going a different route, but it was still so awesome that Kathy was willing to try!
    -Kathy also helped execute our 'S'Moore' favors for the guests. My new last name is Moore, so even though I don't love s'mores, I couldn't resist doing something s'more related. When I found a NYT s'more blondie recipe (much more my style!), Kathy tested the recipe and helped us execute these delicious and good looking favors! She amped them up with her homemade marshmallow. They were so good that we have photo evidence of guests smuggling 3+ favors as they left :)

Casey Married on 05/04/2019

Best cupcakes! BEST person to have on your wedding team!

Where do I begin, Kathy was outright amazing! Working with her was the silver lining to a little snafu in our plans as we had previously booked with another company that closed shop just months before our wedding. Somewhat panicked, I jumped back to the drawing board in search of someone else to make our cupcakes. From the moment we met her for our tasting, my mind was immediately at ease. Kathy has the most warm, caring personality. It is very apparent that she genuinely cares about the couples she helps and is very passionate about her work and what she creates. And then we tasted her cupcakes - Let me just say, they were to die for! Her flavor choices are delightful and she offers fillings (sometimes even two types per cupcakes). I am pretty picky when it comes to frosting and Kathy's was amazing! Her cupcakes were super moist, the filling was phenomenal and the tops were each decorated with something special (raspberries, almond slivers, lemon curd, etc.) I have never had a better cupcake! When picking a wedding vendor, it was so important to us that not only did we love what they produced (cupcakes from our baker, images from our photographer, etc.) but we loved them as people as well. I had the utmost confidence In Kathy. She was so thoughtful down to every detail (such as tulle over our display as we were outside, cupcakes on her for our vendors, and an anniversary cutting cake for my fiancé and I free of charge as her gift to us). On the day of, her meticulous attention to detail was evident with her display - it was stunning and looked to be out of a magazine. Later that night, I found a gift box which she had packaged for us with some to take home. I could rave on and on about how wonderful she was and would highly recommend her. I think I was most grateful for her calmed assuredness in being able to provide us whatever our vision was and for that, we were so appreciative.
    Kelly C. Married on 03/22/2019

Fantastic Wedding Cake Choice!

We ordered 120 cupcakes for our wedding and a cutting cake. They were AMAZING. Literally, every flavor was delicious, our guests raved about them and she was able to help meet our gluten-free needs as well! We specifically ordered carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting yellow cake with chocolate buttercream, chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream, bride's white cake with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream, cream cheese pound cake with black raspberry filling, vanilla buttercream and lemon zest, gluten free chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and vanilla buttercream and a chocolate gluten free cutting cake with salted caramel frosting. Kathy was great to work with and we really appreciated all that she did for us! We would recommend Kathy to anyone having a wedding in the Charlottesville area!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Barb Wired Barb Wired Wedding Planners

Kathy is a pro all the way....and the yumminess! She makes us all so happy!!!

1725 Hearthglow Lane, Charlottesville Charlottesville, 22901
Location of (Favorite Cakes)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding