Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Favorite Cakes

Favorite Cakes is the premier wedding cake designer in Charlottesville, VA, and the surrounding area. Favorite Cakes offers superior customer-service --  from personalized tastings to expert set-up onsite to special touches like a separate bride/groom's cake as a take-away. Kathy also creates indulgent dessert offerings like handmade, chocolate dipped marshmallows on homemade graham crackers.

Categories: Wedding Cake

Groom's Cake (3)
Gluten Free (3)
Cookies (2)
Local (1)

Kathy from favorite cakes is amazing! She is so sweet and easy to work with, she really goes above and beyond to make sure you get exactly what you want on your wedding day! Several of our guests commented how good the cake was and there wasn't a slice left over at our wedding. She also gives you a 1 year anniversary cake with freezing instructions. Loved working with her!

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Where do I even begin? Kathy Watkins is truly amazing! From start to finish, we had the most wonderful experience in working with her. The first time we met her for the cake testing, I brought my parents, sister, and nephew and she surprised my nephew with his own cupcake, which won us all over! My mother, who is an avid baker and hard to please when it comes to sweat treats, loved every single one of Kathy's creations and was raving about them all day! Since we couldn't decide what to move forward with at the cake tasting, Kathy invited us to do another tasting where we could taste more flavor combinations! As soon as we tasted the confetti cake, we were sold! Additionally, Kathy was very patient throughout the entire process - allowing me to switch design ideas, allowing me to add on more desserts (which were equally as delicious), and more. She takes any worry or stress out of the wedding cake process, and I am truly grateful to her for this. It was such a pleasure to work with her and I can't thank Kathy enough for being a part of the most wonderful day of our lives.

Profile Picture Courtney, 12/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Local, Cakes, Cookies, Dessert Buffet

Kathy from Favorite Cakes was amazing to work with. From the first meeting up until the day of the wedding, she really helped all of our confection dreams come true! We decided to do three different cake flavors (one main cake, a sheet cake, and a groom's cake), so we had a few tastings to make sure that 1) we had the right flavor combinations and 2) we had the right color combinations. Kathy knows flavor, but she also knows design! I kept her looped into what we were thinking for design, colors, flowers, etc, so that her work contributed to the overall aesthetic of the wedding.
She also helped me orchestrate a surprise groom's cake for my husband that was comprised of several of his favorite things. Her attention to detail is amazing.
She also provides a one year anniversary cake, and she also went one step further and provided a special custom carrot cake for my dad! That was such a nice surprise/treat.
Our venue ended up messing up and not bringing out the third cake, which I was so disappointed about when I found out the next day - our guests really missed out on an amazing chocolate cake!!! - although the lavender and pumpkin cakes were delicious!

Photo of Favorite Cakes in Charlottesville, VA - Groom's cake
Photo of Favorite Cakes in Charlottesville, VA - by Rachel May Photography
Profile Picture Sara, 11/18/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Favorite Cakes Pricing

Wedding Cakes Pricing
Buttercream Frosting (Per Slice, Without Tax)
Starting from $6.00
Cake Prices Include:
Anniversary Cake
Top Tier of the Cake
Cupcakes (Each, Without Tax)
Starting from $3.00

220x220 sq 1389126895658 rosecake
220x220 sq 1389126963748 eiffeltowe
220x220 sq 1389126994585 cakedrapedtull

1 ENDORSEMENT
Kathy is a pro all the way....and the yumminess! She makes us all so happy!!!

1725 Hearthglow Lane, Charlottesville, Charlottesville, VA 22901   See On Map