1902 Elmsmere Ave, Richmond, VA 23227 Map · Phone number

About River City Sweets LLC

River City Sweets is a small batch bakery, dedicated to offering the best fresh-from-scratch baked goods and confections made with only the finest ingredients. We offer custom cakes and specialty desserts for all occasions: elegant to whimsical wedding, fun bridal shower or bachelorette cakes, groom's cakes, sentimental anniversary cakes, or any special event cakes. We also offer cupcakes, cake pops, cookies and a variety of other desserts for events large and small. We can even accommodate special request for allergies and dietary preferences.

Located in Richmond, Virginia, River City Sweets is a licensed and registered private bakery. Consultations and tastings are available by appointment only. Contact us at 540-748-8579 or RiverCitySweetsCo@gmail.com.

Follow River City Sweets LLC on

• Melissa's Simply Sweet, LLC
  • Fat Rabbit Cakes
  • Cakes to Remember
table display river city sweets
bw logo squared
cake 3
River City Sweets LLC
naked wedding cake w watermark
08ad979ad4bbc546 1527372594 6eae3fd65d1d5d24 1527372586586 1 Meg and Steve 8
bw logo squared
cake 3

4 Reviews for River City Sweets LLC

Kristina · Married on 10/18/2016

I have nothing but excellent things to say about Heather & River City Sweets!! She made our grooms cake as well as our cupcakes/cutting cake for our wedding. Everything was exactly like we wanted. The planning process with heather was seamless (and with all the details that go into a wedding, that is priceless!) and her cakes are the best I've tasted. I would put River City Sweets up against any bakery in Richmond - and they will come out on top!

We have since used them for other occasions such as our gender reveal cupcakes!

Sent on 10/18/2016

River City Sweets LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Kristina! It was a pleasure working with you and Ricky on your beautiful wedding. It is an honor to continue to be a part of your special occasions and congratulations on your expanding family!

Melanie · Married on 10/30/2015

Heather got me out of a last-minute wedding cake jam and did a fantastic job! When my other cake vendor fell through a few weeks before the wedding, I contacted Heather on a recommendation from a friend and she was super responsive, able to jump in and create the specific items I wanted on short notice, and was great to work with. Heather is a true professional and she is very talented. I sent her a few pictures of some simple decorations for the cake and she did a beautiful job and it looked better than I would have pictured. She also made delicious cake pops that matched the wedding colors! We were so happy with what she provided for us on such short notice and are so thankful she could step in!

Sent on 02/22/2016

River City Sweets LLC's reply:

I was so happy I was able to help you create wonderful wedding memories (especially on short notice). You were a pleasure to work with and I wish you the best for your future together! Congratulations!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/11/2015

Beyond thrilled with the service I got from River City! Heather was so wonderful to work with! She was very accommodating with our limited budget, and helped us make a plan to have plenty of cake for all of our guests while keeping the price where we needed it to be. Heather made us sheetcakes in addition to a display cake and everything was excellent! All of our guests made comments about how wonderful the cake tasted. We chose four different flavors for our sheetcakes, and I had guests make comments about every single one being delicious and how they were tracking down waitstaff to get additional pieces of certain flavors. Additionally, Heather made a "naked cake" for us that looked absolutely amazing! It was exactly what we had envisioned, and she stayed true to the images we had provided her for what we would like. I heard a lot of people leading up to my wedding comment that naked cakes can end up dry since there's very little frosting, but everyone who tried the cake thought it tasted just as great as the sheet cakes. We loved working with River City Sweets and would definitely hire Heather again for any of our other baked goods needs!

Sent on 05/06/2015

River City Sweets LLC's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! It was pleasure working with you and Chris.

River City Sweets LLC FAQ

$ 5.00
    $ 6.50
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?
    Anniversary Cake
    Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 3.00
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cake Pops
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Dessert Buffet
    Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Nut Free
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Fresh Fruit
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?
    Not Required

• 1902 Elmsmere Ave Richmond, VA, 23227 See on map
    By appointment only
    Location of (River City Sweets LLC)