Water's Edge
4-01 44th drive
Long Island City, NY 11101  | map
Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party...
Catering: Offered in-house

Flexibility:
 (4.4/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We just had our wedding on April 11th, 2014. I could not be happier that we chose Waters Edge in Long Island City for our wedding venue!
My fiancé and I wanted a New York City feel for our venue, and Waters Edge was perfect! They delivered above and beyond our expectations. The view from Water's Edge is priceless....amazing during the day and spectacular at night.The venue has such a great outdoor space that allowed our guests to filter outside for our cocktail hour to enjoy fresh air and take beautiful pictures with the NYC skyline in the background. Everyone was in awe.
In addition, our family and friends could not stop raving about how great the food was...and I come from a very picky Italian family. In order to make sure myself, my husband and our bridal party got to eat, they even set aside a sampling of the cocktail hour food for us eat before our cocktail hour even began! This enabled us to get food into our stomachs since eating while mingling with our guests at the cocktail hour was very much a challenge as the bride and groom.
Every single person we worked with at Waters Edge was fabulous! They really know customer service and how to put on a great event. Everything ran flawless. Staff were friendly, professional, and accommodating...from the managers to the servers. Kathy, Abhi, Lateef, Scott, Matilda....You guys deserve a huge "Thank You" for all the hard work you put into making the Shea/Griffin Wedding a night to remember.
I would recommend Waters Edge to everyone. And I'm sure the 220 guests at our wedding will be talking about this place too!
Wedding: 04/11/2014

Abby 3 Reviews
Water's Edge pulled off our wedding flawlessly. From the signature cocktails, to the service, to tiny little details - they executed my vision perfectly. We received so many compliments on the food, people hardly noticed the view... but I mean - THE VIEW! You can't beat it - it was everything I had dreamed it could be. We had a great time, and it was so easy - I didn't stress at all. It's a bit of a higher price tag, but worth every penny. I couldn't have been happier.
Wedding: 04/05/2014

Private User 5 Reviews
We had our wedding here in February and it was absolutely amazing. The views of the NYC skyline and the 59th st bridge are unparalleled and our out of town guests were falling over themselves taking pictures of the incredible backdrop. Abhi is the new wedding coordinator there and he did an incredible job. He met with us before the wedding and walked us through every detail to make sure they were able to meet every request we had. The cocktail hour food was plentiful and VERY good, the Coney Island station was a huge hit. The dinner food was excellent, normally at weddings people aren't expecting steaks to be cooked to perfection but our friends and family were very impressed, as was my husband who eats at a lot of steakhouses. The staff did everything imaginable to make the night perfect, especially Mildred the bridal assistant who never let our glasses of champagne, water and cocktails get below half way. She made sure we ate some dinner and made us a reserved table at our cocktail hour to eat some appetizers. She also packed all of our gifts, envelopes, extra favors, koozies, napkins, etc. for our family to take home after we had left, it was so helpful. Overall this was the perfect setting for our wedding. Everything was absolutely beautiful and we would HIGHLY recommend to anyone considering this venue, you won't be disappointed.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were blessed with a beeeautiful weather weekend so Manhattan was gorgeous from Water's Edge. Besides the ambiance, we had a great time with Latif, our maitre'd who was cool, calm, and collected throughout the entire reception. He definitely made the party flow the right way and allowed us to relax and enjoy. The guests raved about how delicious the food was and noted that it was unlike any other wedding caterer they've been to. Daniella and Kathy were very responsive to emails throughout the coordinating process and overall our experience with Water's Edge was EXCELLENT!! If you're looking for a skyline venue, there's nothing better :)
Wedding: 06/22/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
I have had dinner there numerous times and just had my wedding there last month! First about my experiences with dinner: everything has always been perfect. The food, the wine, the service, the view, all spectacular. I've eaten a wide variety of food here for dinner: steak, seafood, chicken breast and plenty of desserts. All have been perfectly cooked and delicious. The skyline is so gorgeous and breathtaking that it creates such a romantic, intimate environment. Everything about this place is wonderful!

Between the food and the view, that was enough to convince me to have my wedding there, which was also such a wonderful, dream-come-true kind of night. Everything was perfectly planned and executed. From day 1, we worked with Kathy, and she was so easy to work with, so relaxed (in a good way) and SO thorough. She made the process easy, fun and stress free. The night was flawless. She also made great suggestions for other vendors which was awesome!

The night of, Mildred, the bridal attendant, was amazing. She made sure that my husband and I were well fed, my dress was steamed and wrinkle free, my glass was full and that I was having a good time. She also made sure to put all of our gifts and mementos together at the end of the night so packing up was nice and easy. The maître d' as well as the head bartender were also so thorough and organized, which made the evening go so smoothly and fun for all! Everyone working together made the evening such an incredible night for me and my husband and we couldn't be more thankful to Kathy and team for it!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot express enough how wonderful the Water's Edge venue was for our wedding ceremony and reception. Kathy and Daniela were helpful from the very start and responded quickly to any questions that we had throughout the entire planning process. Day of: Mildred- the bridal attendant of our dreams, she made sure that me and the groom and entire wedding party were taken care of the entire night, she had a special spread in the bridal suite of all of the cocktail hour hors d'vours so that the groom and I could actually enjoy. She was amazing. Paul: Maitre D': Made sure everything ran smoothly and we did not have to worry about any details. Scott: Head bartender, our glasses were never empty and he made the perfect bride and groom signature drinks. After the wedding, two of our guests took a cab to Brooklyn instead of going with the shuttle back to Manhattan and he actually waited outside with them until the car came. Very impressive.The bridal suite was locked the entire time and Mildred made sure to pack up all of our wedding items gifts, cards, table placements, even my grandmother's rosary that was wrapped around my bouquet, so that when we left, we had it all ready to go in a plastic bin. Our gift card box was placed behind us in the main reception room and in plain sight the entire time and they took very special care to make sure that it was never left unattended. We have gotten tons of compliments on the food, views, service, etc from our guests and we could not be happier. Food was incredible, views were spectacular. My one suggestion would be to make sure that if you have your ceremony here, you plan for the sun to have already set, we started at 6:30pm and until the sun went behind the buildings, it was a bit uncomfortable. Our one thing we would change is having the ceremony start at 6:45pm so that the ceremony would have been a bit more comfortable. Besides that, it was perfect and we are very happy!
Wedding: 05/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Water’s Edge was an amazing venue! They went above and beyond my expectations. There was no detail that was over looked. Daniella, Mildred, Paul, Scott and the entire Water’s Edge staff were incredible. They were so attentive to our needs and our guest needs. Our guest raved for weeks about the food, the service and the view. I cannot express enough how happy I am that we selected the Water’s Edge as our venue. They really made our wedding special. The only little problem I had was the air condition, during cocktail hour and the first part of dinner it was fine. However, when the band started playing with all our guest dancing mixed with the July temperature it became way too warm for me as a bride with all the layers. The problem was fixed just make sure it’s cool before all your guest start dancing.
Wedding: 07/03/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We had our reception at Water's Edge - we were married at a church before hand. The views are what sold us on the venue before we even tasted the food. To our delight, the food was AMAZING. People of all ages raved about how good it was, many saying it was the best "wedding food" they ever had. And the abundance of it was unbelievable. The cocktail hour stations were especially beautiful. The staff who take care of you during the event really know what they are doing, they really anticipated our every need. Each staff member operated at a very high level of professionalism, from start to finish. They were all warm and full of hospitality.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot recommend The Water's Edge highly enough. The venue and the staff are stellar. We worked with Daniella who was so accommodating and responsive; she easily made the stress of wedding planning disappear and I felt very comfortable knowing we were in such good hands. The food at the Water's Edge was phenomenal. Our guests are still talking about how much food they were given and how good it was. People thought that the cocktail hour was dinner because there was so much food! The venue is stunning. We couldn't have been happier with the views and the proximity to Manhattan. Paul the Maitre'D was so nice and took great care of us. I had Mildred as my bridal attendant and she was FANTASTIC! She steamed my dress, bustled it, and made sure I ate-- it was like having another bridesmaid! For the price and everything that's included with booking at the Water's Edge, we couldn't have asked for anything more. The only thing that was slightly lacking was the cake (it was beautiful, but overly sweet), but since they gave us dessert in addition to the wedding cake, no one really noticed.
Wedding: 03/30/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beautiful space for our reception. The food was excellent and the staff were very friendly. Thank you very much for making our day so special. Props to Jim in the kitchen!
Wedding: 02/18/2012
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were married at the Water’s Edge on January 15, 2012. Every ounce of our wedding was magnificent, thanks in tremendous part to the staff at the Water’s Edge. Our guests were first blown away by the atmosphere and the view, then by the incredible service, and then by the magnificent food. Our officient (Susan Turchin), the flowers (by Spitz & Peck), the music (by our fabulous DJ, Carol Moore of A Starry Night), and our photographer (Amber Johnson) also helped make our wedding day magnificent.

From the day we reached out to the Water’s Edge to see the venue (in November 2010), sales manager Kathy Thelian was extremely helpful and responsive. She also referred us to Susan, our officient, who did a wonderful job on our ceremony.

We had the ceremony on site at 4PM, followed by a cocktail hour at 5, and the reception from 6 to 10. We began taking pictures about two hours before the ceremony. From the moment we arrived, Kathy was there to greet us, Paul the PHENOMINAL maître d was at our beck and call, Victor the dining room Captain was working to see that everything was prepared, and Scott the bartender made sure our glasses were never empty (after politely pulling me aside and asking whether it would be alright to serve the bridal party before the ceremony began – answer was obviously “YES!” – but it was very nice of him to ask), and Mildred – our bridal attendant – made sure that my dress and I were perfect. More on Mildred later – that wonderful, wonderful woman.

The ceremony took place between 4:15 and 4:45 in the afternoon. After, our guests moved to the next room for the cocktail hour. Since we had 140 guests, we used only the second floor of the venue, and the cocktail hour room was separated from the ceremony/reception room by a partitioned wall. My husband and I were escorted to the small, but comfortable bridal suite where a tremendous spread of all of the cocktail hour food had been laid out for us. We spent about twenty minutes together talking and snacking before heading to our cocktail hour to greet our guests. Everyone was settled in – there was plenty of room to sit or to stand or to wander around socializing.

About 15 minutes into the cocktail hour, potential disaster struck – an entire glass of wine was spilled on my dress - red wine on ivory satin. As everyone gasped in horror, Mildred swept me back to the bridal suite where some magical combination of dish soap and club soda (and a lot of scrubbing by Mildred and aunt Sharon) removed the stain to such a degree that people who hadn’t seen what happened couldn’t even tell. Mildred = Superwoman.

We returned to the cocktail hour with about fifteen minutes to go, and at 6, Paul brought us back to the bridal suite as our guests were seated for the reception. At 6:15, the bridal party and my husband and I were introduced (all orchestrated by Paul and Carol). We had our first dance, and after fifteen minutes or so of everybody dancing, appetizers were served. We had a warm pear and gorgonzola salad that was outrageous. After appetizers, Carol kicked up the music and we all danced for about a half hour until dinner was served. For dinner, we had a choice of filet mignon (several people told me it was one of the best steaks they had ever had), Chilean Seabass (which my extremely picky mother absolutely loved), and a sautéed chicken dish that was out-of-this world. This was not ordinary “wedding food” – not even “good wedding food” – which is pretty mediocre. These meals could have been served at any New York City restaurant and would have received raves. The rest of the night was devoted to dancing, more dancing, and more dancing. Dessert and wedding cake were served and very well received, although I can’t speak to them personally because I was too busy dancing. If they tasted anything like they did at our tasting session in December – they must have been amazing as well.

Mildred, Victor, Scott, and Paul took tremendous care of us and our families throughout the night. Our guests raved about their servers, the bartenders, and the attendants. I cannot speak highly enough of the Water’s Edge – they made our night very special for us, for our families, and for our guests.

Wedding: 01/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This place has the best view ever - over looks the east river and NYC!! The service was immaculate!! The coordinator is great - she helps you plan everything. The food is fantastic!! Everything is customizable for little or no extra charge!
Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing views, awesome food, and very professional. All my guest were extremely impressed with the venue. They only hold one wedding at a time which is wonderful. They also do the cake which is so much more simpler to have it done in house.
Wedding: 08/13/2011
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding day was beautiful thanks to the entire staff at Water's Edge - thanks to Kathy who really was so patient and wonderful. It was a great day with wonderful service. Thank you.
Wedding: 03/26/2011
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough about Water's Edge and their staff- from our 1st visit to the restaurant, last September, for our anniversary dinner, to meeting with them, booking and planning our wedding, the staff at Water's Edge made every aspect and decision easy and virtually painless.
Maureen Murphy, their V. P. of Banquet Sales, was incredibly patient and guided us throughout the process- she assuaged my fears and made me feel very comfortable. Mildred Lopez, my incredible wedding attendant, made sure I ate, drank and enjoyed myself- she even pressed my veil!
The food was delicious and plentiful and our guests were so impressed with the quality and service. We're still getting compliments on our wedding from guests. Water's Edge is on the water, so the views of the sunset and Manhattan skyline only added to our special evening.
Lastly, our wedding on May 31st coincided with the 100th anniversary of the 59th Street Bridge nearby, so we had the added feature of fireworks- it made for a truly magical evening!
Wedding: 05/31/2009
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a wonderful wedding at The Water's Edge.
Wedding: 06/26/2005
Services Used: Catering
 718-482-0033
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire