La Tua Bella Beauty Bar

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Megan, of La Tua Bella Beauty Bar did my wedding make-up, and Kat did my wedding hair. I first met both Megan and Kat when I went for a trial in January 2014. I communicated with Megan via email both before and after the trial, and she was extremely responsive and professional. Both Megan and Kat were sweet, flexible and extremely skilled. The trial was wonderful. They tried multiple looks and were responsive and flexible to my wants/needs. I don't often get my hair or make-up done, but the girls were so sweet and professional, they immediately put me at ease. I booked them both right away after my trial. I didn't have a big wedding party, just a maid-of-honor and myself. Originally it was just my M.O.H, mom, mother-in-law, and myself that were getting hair and makeup done. A few weeks before the wedding, I added on services for my cousins, aunts and grandmother. Megan was extremely flexible and accommodating in adding on the services. On the day of, Megan and Kat arrived right on time and got to work. It was a relaxing and fun morning/afternoon with my family getting ready. Megan and Kat were sweet, talked with us, shared tips and advice, and followed exactly what everyone wanted for hair and make-up. My photographer had warned me to schedule extra time because hair and make-up services tend to run late, but Megan and Kat had everyone, including myself ready right on schedule. My make-up held up beautifully the entire night. It was hot and humid that day, not to mention there was a late-night thunderstorm. My make-up didn't budge one bit through crying, sweating, dancing and etc. Stayed the whole night and looked as fresh as ever. My hair (which was all down in retro curls, pulled back on one side with a vintage comb) also held up beautifully. My comb didn't budge, and my curls stayed pretty perfect. I'd recommend Megan and Kat for hair and makeup services to any bride. Not only did they do a great job, but they are true professionals, and so, so sweet!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I booked these lovely ladies after my best friend used them for her wedding. They are wonderful and so fun. My fiance doesn't like when I put a lot of makeup on so I was nervous about what he would think- but he absolutely loved it and I felt beautiful.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Megan and Kat were really incredible additions to my big day! They were so fun to work with, and ensured that hair and make up went well the day of my wedding! It was like having extra girlfriends around (who happen to be really talented)! They accommodated last minute requests, helped with indecisions from myself and my wedding party, and spent the better part of the day at my venue with me!
The salon is beautiful as well, and while I don't live nearby, my bridesmaids and I hope to come to one of their famous parties in the near future!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married upstate last weekend, and had a hard time finding hair and make-up artists that would live up to our Manhattan standards! I could not possible thank Megan, Kat and the entire team at La Tua Bella for the magic that they performed last weekend!

My 30-person bridal party (plus all of the moms, aunts & cousins) looked absolutely gorgeous at the wedding. Everyone's hair and make-up was more perfect than I could have ever imagined, and the entire team made sure that everyone had so much fun getting ready. They traveled to our hotel to help us get ready, and set up fun music, along with champagned and munchies! My own hair and make-up were gorgeous, and they really did make me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world.

Megan and Kat were so fun to work with, and they were so flexible with any request that I had. I did a few hair and make-up trials, and they were both so patient each time. The salon in Rhinebeck is super cute, with gorgeous & chic decor. The final product was amazing, and I am so happy that I found them!!!!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have only had my trial at La Tua Bella but my experience was so amazing they I wanted to write a review to encourage other brides to book at this fantastic beauty boutique! I had one previous trial with another company that did not go well and I have ethnic hair that, if you're inexperienced with, can be difficult to work with so needless to say I was a little nervous for the trial. When I arrived I was immediately given a glass of champagne to set my nerves at ease, but I didn't even need it. The ladies were so friendly and welcoming that we chatted the whole time -- the ! We reviewed the style and feel of my wedding and my hair and make up not only matched but surpassed my expectations -- my Mom and girlfriends are still talking about how great I looked so much that they signed up for additional services! Thank you so much Ladies for making me look my best possible self -- I know my girls and I are going to look amazing on my special day!

• Wedding: 08/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Megan and Kat did an absolutely amazing job with hair and makeup and played a huge role in making our wedding day perfect. All of the girls loved their hair and makeup & it stayed perfect for the entire day and night. Megan listened to what every girl wanted and stuck to what they were comfortable in terms of makeup (some girls were used to wearing almost no makeup). Kat even brought fresh flowers that matched our theme as an option for the girls and we ended up loving them. Every hair style was unique and gorgeous. La Tua Bella Beauty Bar was prompt, professional and did an amazing job. They were also great leading up to the wedding day for pampering, facials, make up and hair trials, and spray tans (which we all took advantage of pre-wedding). Highly recommended & definitely the best in the area!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have a whole new outlook on what beauty is about thanks to La Tua Bella. For those brides who are not sure...Beauty is supposed to be fun and pampering...Not painful and time consuming.

Not only did Megan and Kat make me feel and look beautiful on my wedding day, but they made the whole process fun for everyone involved. I was really concerned that my face would melt and my hair would droop on the Big Day, but everything stayed in place for the whole day and I was dancing up a storm.

To be honest, I didn't really know what I wanted. All I knew was I wanted to look like myself, but perfect. I let Megan and Kat do the rest and that they did. Not only do they make you look beautiful, but with the help of some free champagne, they put you in the celebratory mood. Beyond hair and makeup, they got me hooked on Oxygen Facials. Seriously, I can't recommend something enough. Do it a few days before your wedding and you will be even more radiant.

I live in Manhattan, but I will be back for those Oxygen Facials as I can't find any other spas that do them. Also, Megan and Kat are just super fun to be around, so I'll visit them too!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As a MOB, I found La Tua Bella added so much to my daughter's wedding experience. Megan and Kat are so professional and they did an excellent job with hair and makeup for my daughter and her bridesmaids. Plus, they did my makeup.

It was absolutely a wonderful positive relaxed time in a day of hustle and bustle. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone else. My daughter's hair and makeup were beautiful and they were part of that.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I originally had sticker shock when shopping for make-up artists for my wedding. Megan at La Tua Bella was one of the cheaper options. I am so glad I went for a trial with her. She was worth every penny! My bridesmaids and I were so pleased with our make-up on the day of our wedding. Megan is extremely nice and unlike other make-up artists I've used in the past - she actually listens and does what you want! I would definitely recommend her services.

La Tua Bella Beauty Bar responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Kate! You and your bridal party are so sweet and i wish you and your husband the best future together!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Kate
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I came to La Tua Bella from Manhattan because we decided to get married in upstate NY. I was thrilled with both my hair and makeup on my wedding day! Megan was a doll!! She was originally recommended to me for makeup and when I found out that she had a hairdresser for events I booked a trial for that as well! I was so relieved to know that hair and makeup would be done together!! The girls took the time to come to me on my wedding day and it made everything so much easier! My photos looked beautiful and I would highly recommend Megan and Kat to all of my friends! They made it really fun and made me feel as relaxed as possible on my wedding day :)

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
845-876-2826
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards