.Erika Darden Events - Wedding Planning in Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Atlanta & Destination

let erika tell your love story!

Washington, DC | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Full Planning
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Erika for doing such an amazing job! Your team was wonderful, professional and very creative. I didn't have to lift a finger :) Thank you for crossing every "i" and dotting every "t". I recommend Erika to anybody who is getting married or planning an every. Excellent service!

• Wedding: 04/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got engaged and married within a 6 month period, I didn't think it would be possible but Erika pulled it off! She brought my vision to life like no other could. I spent weeks searching for the best wedding planner and Erika was top notch, the best by far. She is extremely creative and dedicated to what she does. She is amazing! When I think back on my wedding day I have such fond memories and I have her to thank for that. If you're looking for excellent service choose Erika!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Erika A. Darden exceeded our expectations of an event/wedding planner. From our first meeting, to our wedding day, she was there to assist us along the way. She is extremely talented, creative, full of ideas, and passionate. Our wedding ceremony and reception space was absoultely amazing, breathe-taking, magical, intimate, and filled with love. Our family and friends are still talking about how beautiful our wedding/reception was, and we owe it all to Erika A. Darden. Thanks so much!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am the happiest newlywed ever and I have to give Erika Darden Events kudos for planning the wedding of the year...mine. :-)

Erika Darden and her team did a masterful job planning and coordinating my DC wedding and reception. It was such a spectacular experience working with Erika, she felt more like a sister to me from the beginning. When I shared my vision with her, she got it from the beginning and not only did she get it, her execution was spot on. I also contracted Erika for my decor which was jaw dropping. I couldn't stop crying after the private reveal of the reception tent because it was truly a dream come true. Everyone had a ball and after the honeymoon, we received so many emails, Facebook posts, texts, and messages from our guests expressing how magical our wedding was. I am getting emotional writing this because it was so incredible. Erika I love you and thank you for being such a gift to Jacob and I.

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was nothing short of perfect and I have Erika to thank for making it happen. From the moment we spoke, I could tell that she was a very warm and kind person, but I later found her to be so much more. She is also a great negotiator, creative, considerate, and supeb with budgeting. Erika helped Tyler and I plan a very grand wedding of over 350 guests but it was so intimate and organized, it felt more like 100 people. She and her team handled all of our arrangements and gave us amazing vendors and venues from which to choose. She waste perfect mix of professional yet personable and was always available when I needed her, even when I took out my stress on her, she understood. I never thought I would love my wedding planner but I do because she gave me a day that I will never experience again and could have never orchestrated without her. She was efficient, organized, smart, and a great comfort to me, Tyler, my parents, and later our guests. She was and is a true blessing to my entire family and we thank God for her. And will call her for all future family events and hopefully not another wedding for me. :-)

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Travel, Videography, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I very highly recommend Erika and her team if you want to work with people who really care about you and your wedding day. From our very first conversation, I knew Erika got it. She is brilliant, very creative, and just a fun person to spend time with. Whenever I needed her, she was there. My wedding came in under budget and my decorations were outstanding. The planning was perfect, organized and stress free, just the way I like it. It takes a lot to make me cry but the first reveal was so much more than I expected. I spoke with several planners before choosing Erika and am so happy I chose her for such a special day.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I wish that I were able to give more than 5 stars to Erika for her planning service. She is the sole reason why my wedding was the amazing, spectacular, fairy tale that it was. Erika planned my entire wedding from start to finish and it was hassle free. I basically gave Erika my vision and she brought it to life. She was extremely responsive to me whenever I had any questions or concerns or just wanted an update on how the wedding was coming along. I couldn't have asked for a better planner. I definitely recommend Erika to anyone who wants a professional and dedicated planner.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiance proposed to me on Christmas Day and we planned our wedding for a little over a month later. Our families thought we were crazy, but we just wanted to be married as soon as possible! I sent out an SOS to different event planners in the area, but after speaking with Erika I knew I'd found the person who could carry out our dream wedding in a time crunch. Her professionalism and quick response throughout the whole process really made me feel comfortable allowing her to plan the most important day in my life. She really worked with me, sometimes staying up talking until early in the morning as I described my vision to her, and even comforting me as the day came closer and I began feeling overwhelmed. She constantly reassured me that my wedding day would be one that I would always remember and love. She carried through on her promise 100%. I don't know how I could have done it without it! Thanks Erika :)

• Wedding: 02/11/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Erika was a delight. I was already stressed out and couldn't get any of my ideas together. She worked her magic and everything was beautiful. She is like the female version of David Tutera from My Fair Wedding! She was highly professional and was able to answer all of my many questions. I had interviewed many planners and they were all not up to par. Erika exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning their wedding or any event.

• Wedding: 02/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say about Erica? She was very professional and quick to respond to my many thousands of emails. I was concerned about finding the right person to handle my wedding to my life partner, Wendy. But I did find the right person with Erica. Her planning process and creative ideas made the whole experience everything that I had imagined. It was absolutely splendid. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start off 2012 with such a beautiful event and the love of my life! I would highly recommend Erica for any event. I truly fell in love with her and I am sure you will too!

• Wedding: 01/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were delighted when we found out that our daughter was getting married and as a gift, we decided to pay for it in full. We chose Erica because she came highly recommended and was very pleasant and kind from our first telephone conversation. Working with Erica was like working with a friend. She came up with great ideas and suggestions and provided us with a wonderful wedding experience. She told the love story of my daughter and son-in-law by making it very personable even though we had 350 guests. The ceremony was very intimate and emotional; there wasn't a dry eye in the church. The reception was the total opposite, we celebrated like it was 1999. Everything was immaculate from the venue to the food to the decorations to the band. Erika is exceptional at what she does, which was to deliver a wedding of a lifetime and she exceeded our expectations many times over. My family has made a friend for life and we will continue calling Erica to plan all of our family events. I highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 12/10/2011
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I RECENTLY WAS MARRIED AND I CHOSE ERIKA DARDEN EVENTS TO ASSIST ME WITH ALL MY PLANNING NEEDS. FROM THE FIRST DAY I SPOKE WITH ERIKA SHE WAS WILLING AND FULL OF IDEAS. SHE WAS THERE WITH ME EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. HER IDEAS WERE ALWAYS APPEALING AS WELL AS ACCOMODATING. I WAS ASTONISHED AT THE FINISH PRODUCT OF MY WEDDING AND TOTALY MESMERIZED AT MY RECEPTION. IT WAS EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMED OF AND MORE. SHE IS TRULY THE WHOLE PACKAGE. NO TASK SEEMED TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL. SHE WAS ALWAYS EAGER TO ASSIST AND AVAILABLE TO MY NEEDS AT ALL TIMES. SHE MADE MY SPECIAL DAY A DAY TO REMEMBER. ANY FUTURE EVENTS WILL DEFINETLY BE PLANNED BY ERIKA DARDEN EVENTS.

• Wedding: 11/13/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Erika is a GENIUS!!! I interviewed 10 wedding planners before I met with her. From the very first conversation, I knew she was the one, sort of like I felt when I met my husband. :) I wanted an extremely upscale and over-the-top wedding, like what you see in Hollywood but at a more reasonable budget. Because of the demands of my career, I knew I wouldn't have the time to participate in much of the planning but Erika took complete and total control of my very special day, she took my dreams and made them a reality. My entire experience was PERFECT! From the invitations to the honeymoon, Erika and her amazing staff gave my husband, parents, family, and friends the most BEAUTIFUL wedding we have ever seen or been a part of. Her style, professionalism, creativity, attention-to-detail, and budgeting skills are top notch. She was also available whenever I needed to speak or text with her and very patient with me and my mother.  I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND Erika to my family, friends, business associates, network or anyone who wants a SUPERB wedding experience.

• Wedding: 11/05/2011
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Travel, Videography, Wedding Planning
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I was BLOWN AWAY by the way Erika came in and made my wedding a day to remember. I called around and spoke with a few wedding planners in the area, but it was Erika's professionalism, responsiveness and awesome ideas that made me choose to go with her and I definitely made the best choice I could've made. I would recommend Erika to anyone looking to plan their wedding, she won't let you down :D

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
202-670-0280
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards