A Grand Affair

Charlottesville, VA 22904 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Eco-Friendly / Green, Military
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
About Us

A GRAND AFFAIR is a full service event planning business with a reputation for exquisite taste, creativity, a personalized approach and supreme attention to detail.  I focus on weddings and special events in Charlottesville and the surrounding areas that are memorable for both clients and their guests, whether it is traditional elegance or trendy and fun. Let me guide you to your perfect event, every step of the way.  Call or email me today for a free initial consultation to learn more!  agrandaffairevents@gmail.com or 434.831.3100.

WEDDINGS & DAY-OF COORDINATING

Having a professional planner attend to every detail either throughout the planning phase or on the wedding day can be the greatest gift a bride receives.  I take time to learn what makes each couple unique and then use that information to customize the perfect wedding day.  Whether you are planning a beautiful intimate ceremony for your closest friends and family, or a lavish platinum reception, I tailor my services to accommodate your needs.  My Day-of Coordinating services are perfect for a bride who is managing her own logistics but needs assistance with event management on the wedding day.  I handle everything from overseeing the set-up and greeting vendors to packing up the cake and gifts.

SPECIAL EVENTS & PRIVATE PARTIES

Life offers many reasons to celebrate, whether it’s a special anniversary, a birthday or other social event, A Grand Affair can create an event that ensures that you and your guests have an unforgettable experience.  My event planning services allow you to effortlessly plan and enjoy your affair with every element handled.  If you wish to celebrate a significant milestone in life, or just create a beautiful moment in time, A Grand Affair is here to help with every meticulous detail.

A GRAND AFFAIR THINKS OF EVERYTHING

• Overall event management or day-of coordination
  • Budget planning
  • Location and venue selection
  • Floral design and décor
  • Creative ideas and special touches
  • Printed materials
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was an absolute delight to work with Beverly Wakefield of A Grand Affair in Charlottesville for our wedding day! Though we hired Beverly as our day-of coordinator only, she met with me and my mom multiple times prior to the event--even driving outside of town to meet at our reception site. Having planned many weddings (including her own), Beverly has incredible vision and attention to detail. She executed every detail of our reception flawlessly (and there were a lot!) and had some incredible suggestions along the way as well. My husband and I took her advice on our entrance into our dinner/dancing tent from cocktail hour, and this will always be one of our favorite memories from our wedding day. We credit Beverly completely with making our wedding vision a reality, and we will be forever grateful.

• Wedding: 05/30/2009
Services Used: Wedding Planning
434-831-3100
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards