Upper Crust Wedding Cake Co. Reviews

28 | Fairfax, VA

28 Reviews for Upper Crust Wedding Cake Co.

Michele · Married on 11/14/2009

One thing I knew for sure when planning my wedding is that the cake had to taste great AND be beautiful. After pouring through reviews on wedding wire I found and selected Elizabeth. In the words of at least a third of my guests - "It was the best cake we had ever eaten." On top of this, the cake was beautiful. I gave Elizabeth a copy of our wedding invitation and she replicated the filigree pattern from it for our cake. She also helped us to develop the whole concept. On top of her excellent wedding cake, Elizabeth made the cookies that we included in our welcome baskets and we similarly got rave reviews on these as well. Finally, Elizabeth served as a great resource for me in finding other vendors. She used to own her own bakery in Northern Virginia and is therefore very connected and made excellent recommendations.

Sent on 12/03/2009
  • dc09

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2009

Elizabeth's cakes were the best we tried and when I found a picture online that I liked she was able to replicate it perfectly! The cake was so delicious people were talking about it all night. For a wedding cake it was SO moist and flavorful. By far the best I've ever had. When I saw it sitting there when I arrived I was just blown away- amazing job!

Sent on 09/14/2009

Noelle · Married on 05/23/2009

Elizabeth is a pleasure to work with! The wedding cake she made us was so beautiful and was everthing we asked for and more! The cake not only looked amazing but tasted great! Everyone said the cake was amazing!

Sent on 06/17/2009

J · Married on 11/08/2008

Elizabeth makes the most delicious cakes in the world. When we went to the tasting we loved every cake we tried and found a way to incorporate them all into our wedding cake. It was delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 12/02/2008

Jessica · Married on 11/01/2008

We did tastings at two different bakeries, one after the other, starting with Upper Crust. The cake was moist and light and the frosting was fluffy and delicious. And Elizabeth's designs are gorgeous! The second tasting that we did could not hold a candle to Elizabeth's delicious cake! Her prices were totally reasonable, she can recreate any design you show her, and she doesn't charge extra for fondant.

The cake turned out absolutely adorable, and looked exactly like the photo we showed her. Plus, it tasted DELICIOUS. Guests kept coming up to us all night and telling us that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. Even the fondant was good!

Sent on 11/19/2008

Ann · Married on 08/31/2008

Fantastic!!!! We had in person meeting to discuss what we wanted and try samples. She was responsive and very professional. Our cake came on time and was exactly what we had discussed. We received so many compliments on the appearance and taste. She charges a flat rate that appears high at first glance, but I did the math and we ended up saving a little money for what we ordered.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Jessica · Married on 08/30/2008

Elizabeth worked with me to create a beautiful wedding cake. She was able to work within my budget and picked roses for the cake that matched my colors. Not only was this cake beautiful, it was also delicious - so moist and the fresh fruit filling was tasty. I have many photos of my beautiful cake and many compliments on its beauty and taste.

Sent on 09/17/2008

Mary Ann · Married on 08/09/2008

The cake was absolutely PERFECT! Liz was really nice to work with and let us come in for a second tasting when we had questions. I saw a picture of the cake I wanted and she was able to create it better than the picture. We went to a couple of other cake tastings before going to Liz and as soon as we saw her kitchen, how she operated, and took the first bite of her cakes...we were hooked! Her cakes were by far the best that we had tasted. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/22/2008

Beth · Married on 04/12/2008

I can not say enough good things about Upper Crust. First, the consultation with the baker was wonderful and she was very friendly, professional, and responsive to our wants and needs. Further, our cake was beautiful and delicious - i never dreamed of receiving so many compliments about our cake! Not just at the event, but our guests were talking about it for weeks after our wedding. The cake was so good, that already one of our guests has already ordered a cake from Upper Crust! It was that good!

Sent on 06/19/2008
  • Miranda

Miranda · Married on 10/27/2007

EXCELLENT. I met with Elizabeth two times. Each time she was ready with "yummy" cake to taste. I am a very picky person, and I can't seem to make up my mind on some things. I changed the design of the cake, multiple times, and she was very understanding and patient. And when I walked into the room and saw my cake, I was speechless. Even though I didn't taste the cake, all of our guest can not stop talking about how good it was.

Sent on 11/09/2007

Megan · Married on 06/02/2007

Elizabeth was awesome. When we met with her, I already knew what I wanted. She showed us her other works and we also had a tasting. I knew first thing that she was the one that I wanted. After about 3 months I found a cake in a wedding magazine and changed my mind on how I wanted my wedding cake to look. She saw it and immediately was ready to take on the challenge and change our contract. She was very quick with responding to any of my questions and when I saw my cake on the wedding day I was extremely satisfied not only by the look but by the taste. Everyone at the reception commented on its beauty and taste! I would recommend her to ANYONE!

Sent on 08/07/2007

Michele · Married on 05/05/2007

Elizabeth was wonderful! Her cakes are not only beautiful but they were so tasty I may sneak into our anniversary tier early. ;)

Elizabeth is very professional and fun to meet, she made the whole cake process simple and painless even after I changed my mind for the 10th time! A++++ to Upper Crust!

Sent on 10/23/2007

Erin · Married on 09/09/2006

We were very happy with our cake. Elizabeth was easy to work with and created a cake that looked and tasted great.

Sent on 11/20/2006

Jenna · Married on 12/17/2005

Our wedding cake was AMAZING. We designed it together in her cute sitting area while sampling various cake flavors. And she provided a separate wedding topper for us to freeze for our 1st anniversary, so we could actually cut into the one on the wedding cake to feed everyone!

Sent on 02/15/2008

Amy · Married on 10/10/2009

I was very excited to have finally met Elisabeth who I knew was perfect to provide our wedding cake. She was responsive, VERY reasonably priced, delivered on time, and the cake was absolutely delicious!!!! For me, Upper Crust Wedding Cake was a breath of fresh air and I was delighted with my experience.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Jacquin · Married on 10/26/2008

Elizabeth of Upper Crust was wonderful to work with. She was open to all of our ideas, showed her creativity, and delivered a beautiful, delicious cake. Our guests were pleasantly surprised by the quality and moistness of her cake, and the fondant she uses is actually very tasty (unlike some others) It was to the site on time, our cake topper was set up for us, and it was just so beautiful. Her bakery is off of her home, and its so good to support small, local artisan businesses like Upper Crust. Her cost was also very reasonable - we found that she was the best value for the quality of her cake. Would definately recommend Upper Crust to anyone!

Sent on 10/27/2008

mary · Married on 10/25/2008

Elizabeth was great to work with. She worked with what flavors we wanted, what appearance we wanted, and at a great value too! The wedding cake was beautiful, exactly how we imagined it.

Sent on 12/24/2008
  • TBMrsUKBride

Katie · Married on 06/21/2008

I cannot rave enough about Liz. I am not a huge cake person - but I ended up asking to take our samples home. I have a few friends who are engaged that were at the wedding and asked for my cake vendor's name because the cake was so good. And the design rocked as well!

Sent on 07/08/2008
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 05/24/2008

Upper Crust Wedding Cake produced a fantastic cake for us that our guests are still talking about! The buttercream frosting was delicious and the fresh strawberry and chocolate ganache filling was to die for. Elizabeth was willing to work with us on design and spent an hour at our first meeting sketching out a cake as we talked about what we wanted! It turned out perfectly. I felt her prices were completely reasonable and her portfolio impressive. I would recommend her to anyone! She was really fun to work with.

Sent on 09/29/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 05/24/2008

Elizabeth's cake was amazing! We wished we had more than the one bite that my husband and I exchanged! Thankfully, we will have our entire one year anniversary cake all to ourselves. All of our friends and family members agreed that the cake was "the best wedding cake they ever had". Thank you for making our day special.

Sent on 05/19/2009

Katie · Married on 09/22/2007

Elizabeth's cakes were to die for! She was able to work with us and create the perfect combination of cakes to match our vision. There was nothing she couldn't (and wouldn't) do for us.

Her prices were fantastic- especially for a wedding vendor.

Sent on 10/16/2007

Jaime · Married on 05/28/2006

Elizabeth is so nice and down to earth. We went to several tastings and her cake was the best. Also, her prices are totally reasonable. In fact, they were the lowest we encountered. Another thing I think is unique about Upper Crust is that Elizabeth bakes four layers per tier. Everyone else we met with did only two layers per tier. The four layers look really nice when it?s cut.
    We did the all white cake, with two layers of vanilla buttercream with FRESH strawberries soaked in Grand Marnier in the middle. The outside was white chocolate fondant. I was opposed to fondant at first, but Elizabeth?s is better than any I?ve tasted. YUM!
    The cake was wonderful and looked exactly as I wanted!

Sent on 02/01/2007
  • Nigeria92692

Iruka · Married on 02/26/2009

They have absolutely delicious food made, and an exelent service. My husband and I were very pleased! I highly recommend them 100%

Sent on 03/03/2009

Kathryn · Married on 12/20/2008

Elizabeth was so easy to work with and makes really delicious cake! I would definitely recommend her for your wedding cake as well as your groom's cake. She was able to accommodate an unusual request from my groom and it turned out perfectly. She is very creative and an absolute professional at her craft.

Sent on 01/28/2009

Amy · Married on 05/17/2008

Our cake was the best tasting wedding cake I've had! :) Elizabeth was very open and friendly during meetings and we had fun deciding what to do for our design. She included a cake stand at no rental fee and her cost/head is all inclusive (no additional fees for decorations, delivery, etc). She did promise us a certain stand that was not used for the wedding, so I would recommend not getting your heart set on the specifics of the freebies. She included a free top tier for freezing, and fresh fruit in our filling! The buttercream was the best I've ever had.

Sent on 07/07/2008