The Cake Shop Reviews

The Cake Shop View more information

4.2

1 User photo

Cindy Married on 04/07/2018
    I am normally not so generous on my ratings, but my husband and I were extremely pleased with our wedding cake! We both live overseas, so were unable to visit the shop personally for a tasting, etc. We did this through our planner, but once we decided on the Cake Shop as our vendor, I worked directly with Katie via email on the details. She was very responsive and pleasant, and worked with me to get the cake we wanted. This was a very special cake (see the picture), and the first time I saw it was when I was walking out of the building to prepare to walk down the aisle - I immediately got tears in my eyes because it was so perfect! And the taste...oh so yummy! Moist and delicious. Everyone commented on it's beauty and it's flavor. I could go on and on but you get the idea. You will NOT be disappointed by using the Cake Shop!
    Michelle Married on 03/21/2015
    We were on a tight budget and they were so willing to work with us and accommodate us. The cake was beautiful and delicious and they were so easy to work with!
  • User1503074 2+ years ago
    The Cake Shop has the best, and most beautiful cakes in SA! The shop was immaculate and the service was attentive and friendly.
    Stephanie Married on 12/05/2009
    Our cakes were beautiful!! Not only were they pretty, but they were delicious as well!! :)
    Pamela Married on 03/15/2008
    My husband and I met with the manager once, and she was extremely accommodating. We wanted to try an amaretto icing and she went to the back and about 5 minutes later came back with a delectable amaretto icing. I tried to keep my cake on the lower end, so she gave me a number of pricing option. Eventually we settled on a smaller three tiered cake with a sheet cake that would be cut up in the back of our facility and that brought to the front. All of it tasted great! It looked great, as well. They matched the color sample I had given them exactly. Though all wedding cake is way overpriced, The Cake Shop is a really great value as far as wedding cake goes. They were less expensive than others and had much better designs and were very easy to work with.
    Alison Married on 05/08/2010
    I am so disappointed that I did get to eat any of our cake other than the one bite I took during the cake cutting. Apparantly, both of our cakes were delicious! I was a little disappointed in the design of the cake, but that could be partly my fault. I took in a picture of a cake I liked and tweaked it to make it more personal. Not knowing what the final outcome was going to look like was not the best idea. I should have asked for a sketch or something. It was still pretty, just not as pretty as I had envisioned it. The groom's cake was just a basic cake, I could not think of anything in particular to decorate it with, so it was a simply decorated cake, but again...I heard both of the cakes were just delicious!
    Michele Married on 11/17/2007
    The cake was amazing! They were very easy to work with. I wish I had known they would deliver...I didn't know until after the event.
  • Crystal
    Crystal Married on 03/27/2015
    Cake was everything we wanted and more. The only problem was they failed to deliver the box for the top tier. Someone had to bring it to us much later in the day.
    Lauren Married on 04/12/2008
    This was one of my disappointments...the cake tasted absolutely fabulous. However, the shape was COMPLETELY wrong and the design was honestly a little amateur. Everyone loved the cake though. A+ for taste, D for following design.
    Megan Married on 08/20/2011
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! I had heard great things, and had even order cakes from them in the past! Great cake?...Yes. Good wedding cake?...NO!!
    I called them a week before the wedding to drop off my cake toppers. When I went to drop them off, they told me they lost the picture of the wedding cake I wanted. When were they going to tell me that? Then when the cake arrived, it looked nothing like the picture! AND worse..the top tier that was on a pedestal would NOT stand on the bottom layers. So I had two seperate pieces. I had to hold the top layer for pictures. Thenthey forgot boxes so I had to drive all the way home and back to the shop with the top tier to get a box. While there I told them how disappointed I was only to be ignored. After that we called the manager...who has yet to respond. After paying far too much for this cake...I expected WAY more!