14377 Blanco Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Betty Jane's BakeShoppe

Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe is San Antonio's best designer bakery specializing in wedding cakes, groom's cakes, and sculpture cakes.  We are a family owned bakery with third generation recipes and an eye for design and originality. Call or email us today to set up an appointment for a complimentary tasting and experience the best cake is San Antonio!

Testimonials

"The cake was amazing!!! I had sooooo many compliments on how good it tasted and how cute it looked. I gave everyone the Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe name when asked where I purchased such a wonderful cake! I will definitely be using your bakery in the future as will all my friends!! Thanks so much!"
 Laura (February 19)

"We love your cake! It was the best that we had at either Bridal show. Can't wait to see the final product on our wedding day. Thank you for being so sweet!"

Rebecca

"I just wanted to let you know that from the moment my mother and I walked in the professional service that projected was unlike any other bakery that we had been. We loved having the tasting in a private, quaint room dedicated just for the bride. It made us feel very special."

Sara (January 23)

"Thank you so much for working with us to create the wedding of our dreams. Everything was exactly what we wanted and so much more."

Dear Peggy and Amanda,

The wedding cake not only  was exquisit to view but also, delicious...  Thank you for making the perfectly beautiful cake.  It was on display on the stage and was the perfect centerpiece.

Renee for Brittany and Tom
(January 6 wedding)

"I am so impressed with the cakes from my wedding you did!! So many people came up to me and said they were the best cakes they had ever had. The bridal cake was exactly what I wanted and more. So stunning! Thank you."

Colette (Oct. 23rd wedding)

How can I describe my Wedding cake. Beautiful? Delicious? Stupendous? I really dont, know where to start. From the first bite at the tasting to my first site of it as I walked into Granberry Hills I was in awe!. The cake looked fantastic and the taste goes beyond words. I recieved so many compliments on both it and the grooms cake lol (chocolate chip cookies) that just melted in your mouth. I just want to thank everybody there for the awesome job you did and for making your part of the wedding a resounding success!

Judy and Rich Perez

Dear Peggy and Amanda, Working with you was wonderful. My mom and I knew you were the ones to go with after our first bite of your cake. The cake on my wedding day was just as delicious. I appreciated your willingness to decorate my homemade fruitcake for the top Bridal layer. The cake looked exactly like I had imagined it would. Your professionalism and downright friendliness was refreshing after being disappointed in other vendors.

Follow Betty Jane's BakeShoppe on

85 Reviews for Betty Jane's BakeShoppe

• Emily

Emily Hernandez · Married on 12/14/2019

Best cake ever!

My husband and I LOVED our wedding cake from Betty Jane's BakeShoppe! Making an appointment with them was quick and easy: I just called on the phone a couple of weeks ahead of time and we were able to set one up with no problems! My husband and I realized we would have to reschedule, and they were completely understanding and we immediately set up a new date to come in.

The cake-tasting experience was incredible! Betty Jane's set up a "palette" of flavors. They gave us a good chunk of vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate cakes with all of their fillings and their buttercream and chocolate frosting. My husband and I loved being able to try all of the flavor combinations! We ended up choosing a raspberry and chocolate mousse cake for one layer and a vanilla, custard, and pina colada cake for the other two layers, all with buttercream frosting.

Our cake itself came out beautiful. It was everything we envisioned for our special day. We are hoping to order another cake for our anniversary this year. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/25/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/15/2019

Delicious cake!

The cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful. We couldn’t have dreamed of a better cake.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Kristen · Married on 05/04/2019

The short version: For taste, beauty, and creativity, Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe is, hands-down, the BEST you will find in Texas. (Take it from a girl who has lived in every major metro area and 18 small towns in Texas.).

The full version:
    I met Peggy and Amanda back in April, when I was meeting with various wedding cake bakers. I almost cancelled my tasting because I couldn't stomach another beautiful, but gross, cake. (I couldn't understand why cakes couldn't be both beautiful AND delicious.). After all, I bake amazing cakes myself, from scratch, using recipes handed down from my great-grandmother, so I can immediately taste the difference. Well, I didn't want to be a jerk and cancel last-minute, so I showed up. I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID!

First, Peggy was just the absolute sweetest. Other bakers seemed annoyed if I brought my daughter. Not Peggy. Peggy invited her to join in on tasting - which trust me, she thoroughly enjoyed. (And a child's opinion is an honest one!). We had admired the GORGEOUS cake designs in the tasting room and in their lobby and I was just praying that the cake would be good. Peggy brought slabs of the most moist, wonderful vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry cake (all made from scratch!) with about 14 different fillings on a painter's easel (adorable) with two generous swirls of vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttercream frosting. The hardest part was narrowing down what flavors to have for each tier. We booked them right there, on the spot.

Then, we booked them for our son's Super Mario Brothers-themed birthday party. And our daughter's Peppa Pig-themed birthday party. And my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary (brides and grooms' cakes). I told my fiancé I want a vanilla cake with pineapple filling and coconut filling for my birthday in August. Their cake is so good, we have used them for every single cake-worthy occasion since.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Betty Jane's BakeShoppe FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?
    Top Tier of the Cake
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cake Pops
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Dessert Buffet
    Groom's Cake
    Pastries
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Lactose Free
    Nut Free
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

Real Weddings

• Aly Am Paperie Invitations & Gifts Wedding Invitations

As an invitation specialist I get to spend a lot of time with my brides while we design their perfect invitation and during that time great conversations get started...I always hear awesome things about Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe. I have not had the privilege of tasting their cakes but I can say that my brides that have booked them sign their praises...Awesome Job!

• 14377 Blanco Rd San Antonio, 78216 See on map
    2104921952 (Phone number)
    Monday 9am- 3pm Tuesday-Friday 9am-6pm Saturday 10am-4pm Closed Sunday
    Location of (Betty Jane's BakeShoppe)