Betty Jane's BakeShoppe Reviews

82 | San Antonio, TX

82 Reviews for Betty Jane's BakeShoppe

82 Betty Jane's BakeShoppe Reviews

Kristen · Getting married on 05/04/2019

The short version: For taste, beauty, and creativity, Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe is, hands-down, the BEST you will find in Texas. (Take it from a girl who has lived in every major metro area and 18 small towns in Texas.).

The full version:
    I met Peggy and Amanda back in April, when I was meeting with various wedding cake bakers. I almost cancelled my tasting because I couldn't stomach another beautiful, but gross, cake. (I couldn't understand why cakes couldn't be both beautiful AND delicious.). After all, I bake amazing cakes myself, from scratch, using recipes handed down from my great-grandmother, so I can immediately taste the difference. Well, I didn't want to be a jerk and cancel last-minute, so I showed up. I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID!

First, Peggy was just the absolute sweetest. Other bakers seemed annoyed if I brought my daughter. Not Peggy. Peggy invited her to join in on tasting - which trust me, she thoroughly enjoyed. (And a child's opinion is an honest one!). We had admired the GORGEOUS cake designs in the tasting room and in their lobby and I was just praying that the cake would be good. Peggy brought slabs of the most moist, wonderful vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry cake (all made from scratch!) with about 14 different fillings on a painter's easel (adorable) with two generous swirls of vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttercream frosting. The hardest part was narrowing down what flavors to have for each tier. We booked them right there, on the spot.

Then, we booked them for our son's Super Mario Brothers-themed birthday party. And our daughter's Peppa Pig-themed birthday party. And my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary (brides and grooms' cakes). I told my fiancé I want a vanilla cake with pineapple filling and coconut filling for my birthday in August. Their cake is so good, we have used them for every single cake-worthy occasion since.

Angelina · Married on 08/11/2018

Oh...my...gosh! I just had THE...MOST...AMAZING...CAKE...EVER! Moist, scrumptious, delicious, incredible, beautiful, can't get enough, best cake ever! You can tell they are made from scratch. My mother, brother, and daughter and I cleared a tasting tray clean. Peggy was wonderful and reminded me of my favorite aunt, and Amanda is an incredible artist. Be warned, the pictures online do NOT do this establishment justice...AT ALL. Go with Betty Jane's - you won't be disappointed! This was my fifth - but final - wedding tasting, and my only regret was I didn't go to Betty Jane's first.

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

Everyone loved the taste of our cakes! We had 3 different flavors, vanilla, chocolate and carrot cake each with multiple fillings and choices. My Husband said it was the best carrot cake he has ever had!

Barbara · Married on 06/16/2018

The friendly service and I dead given from staff were awesome and made the planning easy. We had a carrot cake for our wedding and Everyone loved the cake.

Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 1

Rolando and Rosemary · Married on 12/30/2017

Amazing cake, both the brides and groom. The flavor, taste and design were perfect.

Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 2
    Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 3
  • Anabel

Anabel · Married on 10/21/2017

We are so happy with our choice, Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe is amazing! They are easy to get a hold of and are very open to your design. They did a wonderful job with our cake. The taste was amazing, cake was moist and flavorful. Guest were raving about how delicious the cake was, we saw guests going back for seconds and thirds!

Misty · Married on 09/16/2017

The cakes were amazing and tasted just like they did at our consultation! All of my guests loved the cake! Betty Jane’s did such a good job. The cakes were beautiful and everything I had envisioned them being.

Amanda · Married on 07/30/2017

The absolute best cake! The flavor and quality could not be beat. Very moist and beautiful.

• Hope

Hope · Married on 02/04/2017

Our wedding and groom's cakes were delicious! We couldn't have been more happy with how they looked and tasted. Everyone commented on how good the cakes were. We are so happy we chose them. I would highly recommend them.

Sabrina · Married on 01/21/2017

AWESOME! our cakes were beautiful and tasted amazing! they even did a trout shaped groomsman cake for my fisherman hubby, which everyone loved.

Jenny · Married on 10/22/2016

Betty Jane's did our wedding & grooms cakes (yes he had two grooms cakes). The cakes turned out exactly like we had wanted them to & they tasted amazing!!! I'm not one that normally likes cake but I loved this cake! They were so moist & delicious that we were getting comments from friends & family for days about how good the cake was. The frosting was all done in cream cheese buttercream (YUM!!!) & we had vanilla cake with raspberry & custard filling, strawberry cake with strawberry & custard filling, and chocolate cake with raspberry filling. They were all so delicious but I think my favorite was the vanilla cake with raspberry & custard. Amanda was so helpful through the entire process from cake tasting, creating the cakes & making sure they were delivered to our wedding venue on time. We'll definitely be back to order our next birthday cake here!

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2016

This cakes were absolutely perfect! Peggy and Amanda really took care of us and was very flexible, and organized to ensure that our cake was perfect. My husband and I both loves our cakes; mine was a shabby chic, 5 tier vanilla and red velvet cake and his was a rectangle star wars themed chocolate cake. They were a hit!!!

Marilynn · Married on 08/22/2016

The cake was perfect and exactly like we chose. It was very fresh and taste delicious! I highly recommend this vendor!

The young woman we met with was extremely friendly and helpful, not to mention patient since we had a toddler with us while we attended the tasting. She was able to accomodate our venue, cake requests and answer any questions we had plus their prices were fantastic for what we wanted! Highly recommend. Also, everyone loved the cake at the wedding!! Lots of compliments and even had people ask where we got it from and for their contact information!!!

Robin · Married on 05/29/2016

We loved our wedding cake! It was beautiful and delicious! Several guests complimented how great the cake was, the pineapple filling was a great choice. I'm really glad we added the edible glitter to the icing. I definitely recommend hiring Betty Jane's!

I almost lost it when I saw our groom's cake!! It was a surprise for my husband & it was in the shape of his 1985 Toyota 4-Runner!! It looked so PERFECT!!!!! He takes it off-roading so it had all the scratches, dents, & even his beer bottles. He was so surprised & he absolutely loved it!!! It looked exactly like the pictures I gave them, they did an amazing job!! Only problem, nobody wanted to cut into it, so we got to take the whole thing home with us!!! Thank you again for this awesome groom's cake, it was just perfect!!!

Rebekah · Married on 05/01/2016

This is the only cake shop you should consider in San Antonio!

We went to at least 5 other cake shops in San Antonio and this was the only place that did not use cake mix. NO JOKE! If you don't want to serve your guests gross cake mix, go to Bettyjane's. The cakes are baked from scratch, delicious, and come with so many filing and icing options. We chose an amazing vanilla cake with lemon and raspberry fillings topped with buttercream icing! The showroom is very impressive. If you want a more customized cake design, they have you covered. We live in Dallas and Peggy had no problem accommodating our limited schedule for a tasting. For the quality of cake we received, I feel the prices were very reasonable.

Lacie · Married on 04/16/2016

Our cake was amazing! Everyone loved it! Betty Jane's was very friendly and great to work with. The cake was beautiful and delicious!!

Amanda · Married on 04/03/2016

We used Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe for our wedding and grooms cake and we loved them! The cake is delicious and decorations on the cakes were fantastic! Our initial meeting with Peggy was only a month before our wedding and they were able to accommodate us with no issues! I am already recommending to friends that have upcoming weddings!

Jaclyn · Married on 11/07/2015

Words can not express how delicious the cakes are from Betty Janes. This family owned company does it right -- the cakes are 100% made from scratch ... and trust me you can tell the difference. After going to a couple of tastings it was clear the Betty Jane team was the best in the area -- you can taste it right away. They immediately understood what we were going for with just a few pictures and were easy to work with. After placing the order (and my Dad dropping off the flowers for the topper) I did nothing else but enjoy the cake at the reception. They treat every customer like a VIP -- so order early to make sure they can fit your schedule!

Taylor · Married on 10/24/2015

Our wedding cake was beautiful! It was everything I had ever hoped for, and it tasted amazing! I had multiple people come up to me throughout the night and say it was the best cake they had ever tasted! Very happy with my experience and would highly recommend Betty Janes!

Lisa · Married on 10/17/2015

To be honest, we never even heard of Betty Jane's. We actually had an appointment with another bakeshop in the area who flaked on our appointment and Betty Jane's was in the area, so we called last minute and they got us in. Things happen for a reason and we got the BEST CAKE EVER! Our cake wasn't fancy and no fondant- just delicious buttercream frosting and we opted for two different flavors for the 3 tier cake. A white cake with Strawberry and vanilla center (think strawberry shortcake) and a chocolate with mousse and ganache (think Heaven!). We saved the top of the cake, but ate it the next morning for breakfast! I had a few friends who have attended several weddings this past month and they have all said that our cake was by far the best they have had. They cost a little more than other places we tasted, but you get what you pay for. They do a three layer cake, as other shops just do a 2 layer cake per tier. Some bakeries actually gave excuses as to why their cakes were "dry" during the tasting, but Betty Jane didn't have to as their cakes are moist, light, FRESH and just delicious. I am so glad they had availability on my date, so do not wait until last minute-order early you won't be disappointed.

EDNA · Married on 10/10/2015

OMG!!! I cannot express how happy I was with my wedding cake! Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe was recommended by a friend who attended a bridal extravaganza. We (my maid of honor & one of my bridesmaids) scheduled an appointment. We were greeted & ushered to the taste testing room. They asked me what I was looking for & sketched it out. It was awesome! When they brought out the cakes & fillings... Well, let's just say we all had smiles on our faces. My wedding day was 10 Oct. My ceremony was running late so I didn't get to see the cake before the wedding, but when I did, it took my breath away!!! Guests loved it!! No matter what layer you cut into the cake was moist & the fillings were delicious!! I have the top layer in our freezer (waiting for our 1 year anniversary), but it sure is tempting to take it out & eat it!!! :)

Catherine · Married on 09/12/2015

I loved working with Betty Janes BakeShoppe for my wedding cake. They were great from the beginning setting up the appointment and even at the last minute adding my favorite flavor of cake so I could try it at my tasting. Amanda Jane really listened to what I wanted and made it happen! The day of my wedding everyone loved the cake and was asking where I had gotten it from. I would highly recommend getting your cake from them!

Debbie · Married on 08/08/2015

Our experience at Betty Jane's Bake Shoppe was wonderful. She did a fabulous job on the brides cake as well as the groom's. The groom's cake was devoured!! Everything was beautiful as well as delicious. We will definitely be repeat customers!!