Betty Jane's BakeShoppe Reviews

85 Reviews for Betty Jane's BakeShoppe

• Emily

Emily Hernandez · Married on 12/14/2019

Best cake ever!

My husband and I LOVED our wedding cake from Betty Jane's BakeShoppe! Making an appointment with them was quick and easy: I just called on the phone a couple of weeks ahead of time and we were able to set one up with no problems! My husband and I realized we would have to reschedule, and they were completely understanding and we immediately set up a new date to come in.

The cake-tasting experience was incredible! Betty Jane's set up a "palette" of flavors. They gave us a good chunk of vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate cakes with all of their fillings and their buttercream and chocolate frosting. My husband and I loved being able to try all of the flavor combinations! We ended up choosing a raspberry and chocolate mousse cake for one layer and a vanilla, custard, and pina colada cake for the other two layers, all with buttercream frosting.

Our cake itself came out beautiful. It was everything we envisioned for our special day. We are hoping to order another cake for our anniversary this year. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/25/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/15/2019

Delicious cake!

The cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful. We couldn’t have dreamed of a better cake.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Kristen · Married on 05/04/2019

The short version: For taste, beauty, and creativity, Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe is, hands-down, the BEST you will find in Texas. (Take it from a girl who has lived in every major metro area and 18 small towns in Texas.).

The full version:
    I met Peggy and Amanda back in April, when I was meeting with various wedding cake bakers. I almost cancelled my tasting because I couldn't stomach another beautiful, but gross, cake. (I couldn't understand why cakes couldn't be both beautiful AND delicious.). After all, I bake amazing cakes myself, from scratch, using recipes handed down from my great-grandmother, so I can immediately taste the difference. Well, I didn't want to be a jerk and cancel last-minute, so I showed up. I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID!

First, Peggy was just the absolute sweetest. Other bakers seemed annoyed if I brought my daughter. Not Peggy. Peggy invited her to join in on tasting - which trust me, she thoroughly enjoyed. (And a child's opinion is an honest one!). We had admired the GORGEOUS cake designs in the tasting room and in their lobby and I was just praying that the cake would be good. Peggy brought slabs of the most moist, wonderful vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry cake (all made from scratch!) with about 14 different fillings on a painter's easel (adorable) with two generous swirls of vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttercream frosting. The hardest part was narrowing down what flavors to have for each tier. We booked them right there, on the spot.

Then, we booked them for our son's Super Mario Brothers-themed birthday party. And our daughter's Peppa Pig-themed birthday party. And my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary (brides and grooms' cakes). I told my fiancé I want a vanilla cake with pineapple filling and coconut filling for my birthday in August. Their cake is so good, we have used them for every single cake-worthy occasion since.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Naomi · Married on 03/22/2019

Exceeded our expectations

Both of us have never cared for cake so deciding to move forward with a wedding cake was a tough decision for us. Our wedding cake was the absolute best cake we have ever tasted. Our guest could not stop talking about how beautiful and yummy it was. We have seen so many pictures of it posted on social media by our guest and we had zero cake left over. I want to thank the staff for being so flexible. In the middle of planning, we changed the cake design on them. They were so kind and willing to accommodate our request. We are so happy we went forward with Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe and would strongly recommend them.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Angelina · Married on 08/11/2018

Oh...my...gosh! I just had THE...MOST...AMAZING...CAKE...EVER! Moist, scrumptious, delicious, incredible, beautiful, can't get enough, best cake ever! You can tell they are made from scratch. My mother, brother, and daughter and I cleared a tasting tray clean. Peggy was wonderful and reminded me of my favorite aunt, and Amanda is an incredible artist. Be warned, the pictures online do NOT do this establishment justice...AT ALL. Go with Betty Jane's - you won't be disappointed! This was my fifth - but final - wedding tasting, and my only regret was I didn't go to Betty Jane's first.

Sent on 03/25/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

Everyone loved the taste of our cakes! We had 3 different flavors, vanilla, chocolate and carrot cake each with multiple fillings and choices. My Husband said it was the best carrot cake he has ever had!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Barbara · Married on 06/16/2018

The friendly service and I dead given from staff were awesome and made the planning easy. We had a carrot cake for our wedding and Everyone loved the cake.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Rolando and Rosemary · Married on 12/30/2017

Amazing cake, both the brides and groom. The flavor, taste and design were perfect.

Sent on 01/04/2018
  • Anabel

Anabel · Married on 10/21/2017

We are so happy with our choice, Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe is amazing! They are easy to get a hold of and are very open to your design. They did a wonderful job with our cake. The taste was amazing, cake was moist and flavorful. Guest were raving about how delicious the cake was, we saw guests going back for seconds and thirds!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Misty · Married on 09/16/2017

The cakes were amazing and tasted just like they did at our consultation! All of my guests loved the cake! Betty Jane’s did such a good job. The cakes were beautiful and everything I had envisioned them being.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/30/2017

The absolute best cake! The flavor and quality could not be beat. Very moist and beautiful.

Sent on 08/11/2017
  • Hope

Hope · Married on 02/04/2017

Our wedding and groom's cakes were delicious! We couldn't have been more happy with how they looked and tasted. Everyone commented on how good the cakes were. We are so happy we chose them. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/11/2017

Sabrina · Married on 01/21/2017

AWESOME! our cakes were beautiful and tasted amazing! they even did a trout shaped groomsman cake for my fisherman hubby, which everyone loved.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Jenny · Married on 10/22/2016

Betty Jane's did our wedding & grooms cakes (yes he had two grooms cakes). The cakes turned out exactly like we had wanted them to & they tasted amazing!!! I'm not one that normally likes cake but I loved this cake! They were so moist & delicious that we were getting comments from friends & family for days about how good the cake was. The frosting was all done in cream cheese buttercream (YUM!!!) & we had vanilla cake with raspberry & custard filling, strawberry cake with strawberry & custard filling, and chocolate cake with raspberry filling. They were all so delicious but I think my favorite was the vanilla cake with raspberry & custard. Amanda was so helpful through the entire process from cake tasting, creating the cakes & making sure they were delivered to our wedding venue on time. We'll definitely be back to order our next birthday cake here!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2016

This cakes were absolutely perfect! Peggy and Amanda really took care of us and was very flexible, and organized to ensure that our cake was perfect. My husband and I both loves our cakes; mine was a shabby chic, 5 tier vanilla and red velvet cake and his was a rectangle star wars themed chocolate cake. They were a hit!!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Marilynn · Married on 08/22/2016

The cake was perfect and exactly like we chose. It was very fresh and taste delicious! I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 08/16/2016

The young woman we met with was extremely friendly and helpful, not to mention patient since we had a toddler with us while we attended the tasting. She was able to accomodate our venue, cake requests and answer any questions we had plus their prices were fantastic for what we wanted! Highly recommend. Also, everyone loved the cake at the wedding!! Lots of compliments and even had people ask where we got it from and for their contact information!!!

Sent on 03/09/2016

Robin · Married on 05/29/2016

We loved our wedding cake! It was beautiful and delicious! Several guests complimented how great the cake was, the pineapple filling was a great choice. I'm really glad we added the edible glitter to the icing. I definitely recommend hiring Betty Jane's!

Sent on 05/30/2016

I almost lost it when I saw our groom's cake!! It was a surprise for my husband & it was in the shape of his 1985 Toyota 4-Runner!! It looked so PERFECT!!!!! He takes it off-roading so it had all the scratches, dents, & even his beer bottles. He was so surprised & he absolutely loved it!!! It looked exactly like the pictures I gave them, they did an amazing job!! Only problem, nobody wanted to cut into it, so we got to take the whole thing home with us!!! Thank you again for this awesome groom's cake, it was just perfect!!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Rebekah · Married on 05/01/2016

This is the only cake shop you should consider in San Antonio!

We went to at least 5 other cake shops in San Antonio and this was the only place that did not use cake mix. NO JOKE! If you don't want to serve your guests gross cake mix, go to Bettyjane's. The cakes are baked from scratch, delicious, and come with so many filing and icing options. We chose an amazing vanilla cake with lemon and raspberry fillings topped with buttercream icing! The showroom is very impressive. If you want a more customized cake design, they have you covered. We live in Dallas and Peggy had no problem accommodating our limited schedule for a tasting. For the quality of cake we received, I feel the prices were very reasonable.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Lacie · Married on 04/16/2016

Our cake was amazing! Everyone loved it! Betty Jane's was very friendly and great to work with. The cake was beautiful and delicious!!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/03/2016

We used Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe for our wedding and grooms cake and we loved them! The cake is delicious and decorations on the cakes were fantastic! Our initial meeting with Peggy was only a month before our wedding and they were able to accommodate us with no issues! I am already recommending to friends that have upcoming weddings!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 11/07/2015

Words can not express how delicious the cakes are from Betty Janes. This family owned company does it right -- the cakes are 100% made from scratch ... and trust me you can tell the difference. After going to a couple of tastings it was clear the Betty Jane team was the best in the area -- you can taste it right away. They immediately understood what we were going for with just a few pictures and were easy to work with. After placing the order (and my Dad dropping off the flowers for the topper) I did nothing else but enjoy the cake at the reception. They treat every customer like a VIP -- so order early to make sure they can fit your schedule!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Taylor · Married on 10/24/2015

Our wedding cake was beautiful! It was everything I had ever hoped for, and it tasted amazing! I had multiple people come up to me throughout the night and say it was the best cake they had ever tasted! Very happy with my experience and would highly recommend Betty Janes!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Lisa · Married on 10/17/2015

To be honest, we never even heard of Betty Jane's. We actually had an appointment with another bakeshop in the area who flaked on our appointment and Betty Jane's was in the area, so we called last minute and they got us in. Things happen for a reason and we got the BEST CAKE EVER! Our cake wasn't fancy and no fondant- just delicious buttercream frosting and we opted for two different flavors for the 3 tier cake. A white cake with Strawberry and vanilla center (think strawberry shortcake) and a chocolate with mousse and ganache (think Heaven!). We saved the top of the cake, but ate it the next morning for breakfast! I had a few friends who have attended several weddings this past month and they have all said that our cake was by far the best they have had. They cost a little more than other places we tasted, but you get what you pay for. They do a three layer cake, as other shops just do a 2 layer cake per tier. Some bakeries actually gave excuses as to why their cakes were "dry" during the tasting, but Betty Jane didn't have to as their cakes are moist, light, FRESH and just delicious. I am so glad they had availability on my date, so do not wait until last minute-order early you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/03/2015