The Artful Cake Reviews

11 | Frederick, MD

11 Reviews for The Artful Cake

Adina · Married on 11/07/2010

AMANDA SHAFER!!!!! This girl can bake a cake!!!! We chose her because when we went for a tasting - the samples were fresh and she was really able to pair tastes based on what we liked! She made me LOVE Spice Cake! Her Chai SPice cake is to die for! Our guests gorged themselves on cake! She was able to work with our changing wedding plans. Thanks Amanda for a PHENOMENAL wedding cake!

• F

Michelle · Married on 06/12/2010

Amazing looking. I received so many compliments on my case. I also have never tasted a white chocolate cake, and that was the best tasting cake I have ever had. I can't wait until my 1 year anniversary to eat the rest!

Michelle · Married on 05/15/2010

The Artful Cake provided the most beautiful cake I have ever seen in my life! It was gorgeous and was delicious. Sooo worth the cost.

Katie · Married on 10/23/2009

Amanda was definitely one of my favorite vendors! She was the only baker we met with and my husband and I were completely sold. She is a consummate professional and a very talented artist. Her cakes are truly works of art - and DELICIOUS to boot! We received a ton of compliments on how good the cake was. Not to mention, Amanda is one of the nicest people I met during the whole planning process. I also loved that I was supporting a small, woman-owned business. My only complaint is that I don't live closer and have more reasons to order cakes from her! I have no doubt that her business will be very, very successful in the future.

• W

Kelli · Married on 09/17/2009

Amanda is amazing. We met with her for some samples and were sure that she should create out cake. The artful cake is one of the best in the DC area.

Caitlin · Married on 09/12/2009

We had so much fun working with Amanda! I'm not even a huge fan of cake, but every flavor we tried was so delicious that we got a four tiered cake, each with a different flavor! We also showed her pictured of cakes we liked and she put together her design from that. The BEST part was that she made us a cake topper out of gumpaste that was a bride and groom that matched us, sitting on the edge of the cake, with legs dangling off attached to snowboards (that's how he proposed). It was really amazing and the guests loved it too. Plus, this may all sound expensive but it wasn't relative to other cake shops, plus she is very accommodating of budgets so she'll make cakes with less tiers and sheet cake in the back- still just as good!

Jessie · Married on 08/14/2009

We hooked up with Amanda at the local Bridal Expo. We sampled her cakes and the flavors were amazing! After our initial meeting with her, we were sure we wanted her to do our cake. She did such a wonderful job on all of the details and many of our guests commented on how much they loved the cake. Thanks again, Amanda!

• Janis0616

Janis · Married on 06/07/2009

The cake was beautiful, delicious, and was exactly what I had asked for. It was also much cheaper than it would have been with other bakers I had looked into.

Shania · Married on 06/06/2009

Amanda is an artist! Not only do her cakes look amazing, though, they taste just as good. It was my pleasure to pass up some of the bakeries that treated us like just another customer. Amanda did not disappoint! I have heard all great things about the cake and can't wait for another occassion to use her services!

Riga · Married on 10/11/2009

Amanda was so easy to work with and the way she conducts tastings is perfect. You select cake and filling flavors you like ahead of time and during the tasting you mix and match them to figure out exactly what you want. We provided a picture of the cake design we wanted and Amanda replicated it exactly for us. She was also very helpful in making suggestions to keep us within budget. All of our guests loved the cake design and couldn't stop talking about how yummy it was. I highly recommend The Artful Cake!

Ryanne · Married on 05/24/2009

Amanda of Artful Cake did a great job on our wedding cake!!! Throughout the selection process she was very flexible and provided several very comprehensive sketches and was more than willing to make additional adjustments as requested. Additionally, she hosted an individual tasting with my husband (fiance at the time) and I and offered us the opportunity to pick up a couple additional samples after we had signed the contract with her. The cake was wonderful, the price was right and the design was great.