Potomac Pastries, LLC Reviews

7 | Centreville, VA

7 Reviews for Potomac Pastries, LLC

Karen · Married on 09/15/2017

Kelly and Potomac Pastries did the desserts for our September wedding and they were fantastic! We had a single tier cake and assorted cupcakes and cake pops and everything was absolutely amazing. I would absolutely recommend Potomac Pastries to a bride or any one looking for special desserts!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Potomac Pastries, LLC's reply:

Karen - It was such a pleasure working with you and Chris to make your wedding perfect! Your venue was absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for entrusting us with your cake and desserts and we hope to see you both back again soon! Congratulations!

Kelly was wonderful! Our wedding cake was beautiful and way better than all the pinterest pictures I showed her! It also tasted delicious (red velvet with cream cheese icing) and was still very moist! Her prices were amazing and she also delivers! She even placed our flowers on the cake. Go with Potomac Patries!

Sent on 08/17/2016
  • User5032098 · 2+ years ago

Kelly made our wedding cake and so many of our guests commented on how delicious it was! It was exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 08/15/2015

J · event on: 07/07/2015

The best NY style cheesecake I have tasted in VA! Puts cheesecake factory to shame. Your prices on cheesecake were so reasonable. I can't wait to go back and get some more. I heard the chocolate croissants are exceptional.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Karina · Married on 05/30/2015

We had a tall order to fill, but Kelly did a spectacular job making our vision come to life, and our cake was a true work of art. She was very flexible with us when we asked her to make each tier of the cake a different flavor. The cake was moist and the flavors were delicious, we got several compliments from our guests, and they were especially happy to have three different flavors to choose from. The heat and pressure was on, but Kelly worked through all our miscommunications to create a masterpiece of cake. I felt bad when we cut the cake because it was so beautiful. I would highly recommend Kelly to anyone who wants a tasty AND beautiful cake. She is a delight to work with and is a true cake artist.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/27/2014

Kelly, the owner of Potomac Pastries, made our wedding cake prior to the opening of her bakery. Kelly spent countless hours with my husband and I looking through photos of different design ideas, but we couldn't agree on anything that we both really loved. In the end, we ended up giving her free creative design over the entire thing. All we asked was for a simple, elegant feel to the cake, that she use the cake topper we had purchased, and to include a tiger sticking out from underneath the cake somewhere, as we both went to Clemson University and wanted to incorporate that into our wedding.

At our cake tasting, we loved all of the cake and icing options and had a difficult time deciding which we liked the best - they were all SO delicious. Kelly offered to make each tier of the cake a different cake and icing flavor, which allowed for a ton of variety for our guests at the wedding. Kelly ended up designing the most beautiful cake we could have asked for, with real ribbon and lace along the bottom of the cake tiers (which matched our wedding colors perfectly). Kelly delivered the cake and set it up herself the day of our wedding, taking the stress and worry about having to pick up a cake out of the hands of my husband and myself, as well as our families.

We were so incredibly happy with the work Kelly did for our wedding and all of our guests thought the cake was delicious. She was extremely friendly and thoughtful throughout a process that is usually very stressful for couples and their families. I plan on using Kelly again for any future cake needs that I may have and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding, birthday, bridal/baby shower, or any other type of cake.

The photo of our wedding cake is even included in the photos on her review page – it’s the one with the two people, dog, and two cats on the top.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Katie · Married on 05/02/2014

Kelly made my wedding cake for my beach wedding in May. I asked for two things: no chocolate and strawberries inside. I gave her the creative freedom to design a cake however she wished and my cake came out beautifully. She used crumbs to make sand on each layer of the cake, actual sea shells, and emery boards as a fence to give the cake a beach theme. To keep the cake elegant, she choose striking flowers to add as accents. The taste was amazing, she uses real butter and it shows. The fruit filling was really delicious. I loved the flavor. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a tasty elegant cake for their wedding, baby shower, birthday, or any special occasion!

Sent on 06/11/2015