Liberty Warehouse Reviews

87 Reviews for Liberty Warehouse

• Becky

Beth · Married on 12/02/2018

Excellent experience

After coming down to earth after an incredible evening, we want to express our deep appreciation of your and the entire staff"s efforts to make the wedding so special. Your coordinated and seamless presentation were exemplary and just as promised. We have received consistent compliments highlighting the caring atmosphere and attentive service. It is so comforting to know that our guests were so well cared for. We couldn't be more delighted! So pleased...

The Foxes and Torbatis

Sent on 12/15/2018

Tess · Married on 05/28/2017

We just got married at LW on 5/28 and could not recommend it more highly. Jeff, Andrea, and Pam were so incredibly helpful from start to finish and made sure the entire wedding planning process (and the wedding itself, of course!) went as smoothly as possible. The venue is stunning, the food is great, and the team are complete pros, eliminating any need for hiring a wedding planner. We love this place!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Meaghan · Married on 10/11/2013

Liberty Warehouse is a full-service, top notch venue, without the cookie cutter atmosphere of a more traditional wedding venue. After booking our wedding, event coordinator Jeff worked endlessly to ensure we had the type of wedding we wanted and that every last detail made it feel like "our" special day.

Jeff is an amazing man who will work to make sure your wedding is perfect! He really does know best and he treated my husband and I like his children, and my family like his family. He put forth 110% for us; he does not treat you like just some paycheck but works to make sure your event is flawless.

Our ceremony was beautiful and romantic: the fireplaces were lit with a roaring fire, and our florist had placed candles all over the windows. Jeff was able to set the room upstairs in a way that we were literally surrounded by our guests and everyone had a great view of the ceremony.

My husband and I decided on a "Progressive Cocktail Hour" style reception, and Jeff worked with us to ensure we had endless choices of food for our guests. Starting with passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and then transitioning into fixed stations throughout the Harbor Room, the food at Liberty Warehouse is incredible, and our guests could not stop raving about it. Jeff even made sure that we had one of our favorite beers ON TAP.

My only complaint about LW: The wedding-day wait staff was not the best. We had a few minor issues with a bartender and the matre'd, though these were taken care of right away by Jeff. Only other issue: if you plan to get ready with your bridal party in the bridal suite (which is huge and beautiful space to spend your morning), BE SURE to keep all of your personal items in one location. After the wedding, the staff very quickly cleaned out the room, and some of us lost personal items.

This venue and Jeff allow you to have a beautiful and unique NYC wedding. Seriously, seriously consider this place for your wedding. You will not regret i

Sent on 01/09/2014

We absolutely loved this space!! Our wedding was fanstastic and we would highly recommend this venue. The food was excellent and the service was top notch. If we would make one adjustment on the menu we would have asked for an alternate entree choice. We chose the beef, but it was lackluster and not that flavorful as compared to all of the other items that we chose. I would also recommend doing your homework or hiring a wedding planner to be able to ask Jeffrey (the venue coordinator) what they do and don't provide. It can be harrowing when you literally don't know what to ask and then when you finally do find out you have to scramble when you are trying to coordinate and plan so many other things with the measly time you have allotted outside of your very full-time job. Jeffrey does know his business and the venue and was responsive (mostly via telephone as opposed to email). He was mostly accomodating, but if you really want something then prepare for it in advance and stand your ground. Don't rely on the venue to remember to put things out for you ie. an aisle runner or your programs. They will do it if you ask, but you must remind them so have a planner or asign someone to do all of those "day of" details for you. Otherwise for the most part everything at the venue was seamless. We got rave reviews from our guests that this was the best wedding they'd ever been to!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/04/2013

Our guests have not stopped talking about how amazing the venue and food were. Besides the beautiful setting, the food was outstanding and so many guests kept saying it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding (and these are people who've been to many a fancy wedding). Jeff Torem and his crew ran such an organized, professional, and classy event. He was very flexible and willing to accommodate any ideas we had. He always had great suggestions for things we never would have thought of. The staff was extremely attentive and anticipated our needs, particularly on our wedding day (and even helped save the day when an important family member's dress ripped open before the ceremony began!). I would highly recommend Liberty Warehouse for your event!

Sent on 09/01/2013

I had my wedding at the Liberty Warehouse in May 2013, and it was truly an amazing experience. My fiance and I initially selected the venue because of the beautiful space and breathtaking view, but equally important on the day of the wedding was the professionalism of the staff and the quality of the food and service. Jeff Torem really does know how to throw a great party. When the wedding was months away, it sometimes took him a little while to respond to my queries, but as the event came closer that was no longer a problem, and on the day of everything was executed exactly as we had discussed. The food was amazing, the venue looked beautiful, and everything ran without hitch, despite having to move the ceremony inside because of high winds. I highly recommend Liberty Warehouse - we were going for an elegant but relaxed atmosphere for our wedding, but the space is very versatile and is appropriate for both more and less formal events. Despite the "warehouse" vibe the venue is very comfortable in terms of amenities, etc., and you cannot beat the view of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2017

We had our wedding reception at Liberty Warehouse, and it was the best money ever spent. The venue not only looked amazing, but the food was fantastic, and the service we received was top notch. If you hoping to have a New York City Wedding, you should absolutely look into Liberty Warehouse. Ask for Andrea.

Sent on 04/11/2017

Sharmi · Married on 08/30/2014

The Liberty Warehouse has got to be one of the most beautiful venues in the city of New York. Our guests (and my husband and I) were so pleased with how it looked the day of our wedding. It is an absolute sight to see - with the water swishing about on 2 sides of the venue and Ms Lady Liberty looking straight down at you. During the day, its the amazing views that do it. During nighttime, its the lighting that is simply amazing. The reception space becomes such a warm, romantic space. We couldn't have asked for more.

It would be remiss of me to not mention how amazing the staff was during the day. Everything ran like clockwork, and no one was ever in need of anything since there was always someone from the staff ready to attend. My husband and I especially got 5 star treatment. We always had someone shadowing us quietly just in case we needed anything. During the planning process, Jeff and his team were helpful in working with our needs. I wasn't sure how things were going to actually turn out which was a little nerve wrecking, but in the end I didn't have anything to worry about.

Though its not the most affordable venue, its worth the money - as you will not be disappointed by the pure beauty and high quality of service which is what you deserve on your big day. We highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/02/2014

From the minute we were on the Pier of Liberty Warehouse we knew we wanted to be married there. Jeff was wonderful, accommodating and made our dreams come true. The food, the drinks, the view.. I couldn’t ask for anything more. All I got was wonderful feedback about how everyone was at the greatest wedding. Everyone who works there is great and if we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t change a thing. The only thing I would recommend is getting more valet parkers, I think our guests were a little confused about where to park. Also, I forgot a piece of my wedding cake at the end of the night. I wish there was someone there to remind me about certain things. Other than that, we had the wedding of our dreams, thanks to Jeff and his team at Liberty Warehouse. Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

The views are tremendous. The place is big and a blank canvas

Sent on 01/22/2015

We had the most wonderful, beautiful, and "us" wedding I could have ever imagined! And, absolutely, a very large part of this was due to the top-notch quality of everything at the Liberty Warehouse-- unmatchable views, wedding food so good its painful to call it wedding food, and service so outstanding people actively notice it. (An anecdote: My friend found out she had to go on a no fat diet to prepare for gall bladder surgery. Without any prior notice, the staff at the Liberty Warehouse was able to not only accommodate her needs perfectly, but make her feel special. At the end of the meal, my friend requested skim milk with her coffee and the staff delivered an entire silver tea service! Unreal! The service cannot be beat!)

That being said, I have to deduct a half a point here. It's tiny, minor, and really, it didn't at all affect my wedding day- but Jeff, the catering director, can be a little short at times. There were times when we'd ask Jeff questions and the tone of his response would leave us feeling like we wished we hadn't asked. It was almost as if he was insulted by us questioning anything. He's a pro, there is no doubt, and he WILL give you a gorgeous event, but I do enjoy a bit of friendly coddling while I'm coordinating the biggest event of my life.

But that's just Jeff I guess. He's not a bad a guy. He's a true professional and when the time to deliver came, I was happy, relaxed, and able to trust that Jeff was in control. His staff is the best I have ever experienced and we were told by several guests that the service and the food were also the best THEY'VE ever experienced. I cannot imagine a better wedding venue. Choosing the Liberty Warehouse was the best wedding-related decision we made. I wish I could just do relive it over and over and over.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Brittani H · Married on 08/09/2019

Horrible Staff

The venue is very beautiful and that’s why we picked it, but the staff was so rude and fell way behind on the promised timeline. I ended up having to pay vendors to stay extra hours, costing me thousands of dollars. The whole night I would ask them when things could be ready and they kept saying “don’t worry, five more minutes.” Well five more minutes lasted an hour. You absolutely have to bring in a planner because of this place’s incompetence. I would never choose this place if I had to do it over again.

Sent on 08/09/2019