Hannelore's Bridal Boutique

Hannelore's Bridal Boutique

106 North Lee Street
Alexandria, VA 22314 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of t...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Undergarments, V...
3.6
(3.5 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased my Claire Pettibone wedding dress from Hannelore's, and from dress consult to picking it up after the final set of alterations I could not be happier with my choice. I was able to purchase my wedding gown through a trunk show, which was a bonus to start, but the women I worked with at Hannelore's were excellent in sizing me correctly so that I would need to make minimal alterations to my gown. My dress was ready when they said it would be, and setting up my first fitting and follow up fitting (just one round of alterations, woot!) was a breeze. The entire staff was excellent, I never felt rushed or pressured into buying additional items. They even gave me a great recommendation of a place to have the dress cleaned and restored after my wedding, AND I received a discount for mentioning I purchased my gown at Hannelore's! Highly recommend Hannelore's for anyone shopping for a Claire Pettibone wedding dress.

• Flexibility: 5.0

The Kleinfeld's of Virginia, absolutely wonderful customer service & many many beautiful dresses!!! Their seamstress Claudia was truly amazing. She really impressed me, my mother & sister. Her customer service was above and beyond any expectations. She always made me feel comfortable, had positive suggestions, kind hearted and very helpful with the little things that shouldn't go unnoticed. I highly recommend Hannelore's and their stunning selection of dresses.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I loved working with Pamela from Hannelore's. She knew exactly what she was doing. This was the first bridal salon I went to (after probably 10 or 11) where, after I said "I want A-line NOT mermaid or trumpet," they actually listened. I found the perfect Romona Keveza lace A-line gown with just the right train. Pamela then encouraged me to wait a week, and come back for that designer's trunk show, when I could receive a discount. She had some great recommendations for veils, but in the end, instead of selling me something new, she adjusted my mother-in-law's veil (removing the 1980's style headband, and putting it on a comb instead) for free. My wedding was in late July, and I received so many compliments on my beautiful, classic dress!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After going to three other wedding dress vendors, I found "the dress" at Hannelore's. Although the store does not have as many dresses as I had expected, my Paloma Blanca dress was exactly what I was looking for. We had some issues with alterations but Pamela (the owner's daughter) came in to rescue us and made my dress look absolutely perfect for wedding day. I would highly recommend Hannelore's if you have the budget for it (2k +).

• Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased my gown for my wedding in February and was so please with my experience at Hannelore's. I went and tried on dresses with Sally and one of the things that I loved about her was that she knew my venue that i was getting married at and she suggested a couple of dress that would go well in that setting. Claudia in alterations is wonderful and knows how to fit a dress like a glove. I was so happy with everyone there and would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a wonderful experience to go to Hannelore's!!

• Wedding: 02/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Before finding my dress at Hannelore's--I had heard not so great things about their service. I had even gone there when looking for a dress for my best friend and witnessed how she was treated first hand (not good). When it was my turn--I had an entirely different experience and I'd like to thank Danielle (at Hannelore's) for everything! Without her--I would never have found the dress of my dreams! (sounds so cliché....ugh...but true.) Dress shopping for me was awful--I'm a normal size 12 which meant that it took all sorts of hands, clips and clasps for me to try on anything at every store we went to (not fun). It was a miserable and a hopeless exercise. Hannelore's was our last stop after a very long day (and if I didn't find anything there--I didn't know what I was going to do). Danielle was so helpful, so friendly, and after I showed her a picture of something I liked only found in Scotland, she brought me a dress similar that I ended up buying. If you go to Hannelore's--request Danielle. I promise it'll be a great experience.

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
Kate
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I went to 4 other bridal stores before finding my dress at Hannelore's. A lot of the stores I went to were in very small store spaces, at Hannelore's, each bride gets their own dressing room that fit the bride and a few family/friends very very comfortably. There are 2 stories, the "sample rack" or "on sale" dresses were downstairs. The consultant who worked with me (I can't remember her name!) was very helpful and even recommended me to get the dress altered elsewhere if I knew someone. After I purchased the dress, I had second thoughts and wanted my dad to see it. They were able to accommodate us for me to come in to try on the dress again and when I tried it on the second time, I knew it was definitely the dress for me!

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a wonderful experience working with Kim at Hannelore's. Their extremely wide selection led me to finding a dress I loved and that I have yet to see anywhere else. Kim was very helpful but did not put any pressure on me to make a choice or a purchase until I felt sure, and then gave me a trunk show discount on my dress even though it wasn't technically part of the collection on sale. I did not have my alterations done at the store so that was the end of my experience, but it was all positive!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Kara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just said "yes" to my dress at Hannelore's and had a fabulous experience! I was honestly a bit hesitant after reading many reviews on wedding wire, but thought it was worth a try since it is such an established shop and carries so many dresses. Our sales consultant, Danielle, was very thoughtful, listened to me on what I wanted, and was nothing but accommodating and personable during the appointment. She was considerate of my budget, probably in the low-mid end for the store it seemed like, and was able to pull nearly six dresses that fit the bill for what I was looking for. She gave her advice, but was never pushy and many times said to pick what I liked, regardless of her or anyone else's opinions. I had been to 3 other shops before choosing my dress and felt the customer service was best here. Danielle was very knowledgable about gowns and designers and had a very good eye for what I may like. She also gave suggestions for how best to alter the dress once it comes in. I can't wait for my dress to come in, and will likely have them handle my alterations as well.

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I read some negative reviews, but I am not sure what the complaining was about. I bought a Pronovias gown from Hannelores and was helped by Catherine initially (who was great) and subsequently had 3 fittings and dealt financially with Vicky. All very great and kind!

• Wedding: 04/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased my dress and veil from Hannelore's and had all my tailoring done there. Throughout the entire process (initial appointment, fittings, picking up, etc.) I always had a positive experience. The staff were very sweet and helpful, and I did not feel like I was being charged for anything that I did not need in terms of tailoring. I appreciated the fact that the consultants were willing to tell me what looked good on my body shape, and I'm glad they did because on my wedding day all anyone could tell me was how much they LOVED my dress. The staff is very professional and no-nonsense, and in my opinion that leads to you looking your absolute best on your wedding day. I was very pleased with the service I received, and cannot say enough good things about Hannelore's!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My sister & I both purchased our wedding dresses at Hannelore's, and our experience during the initial dress search and the fittings was always wonderful. My consultant, Margaret, was extremely pleasant to work with and listened to every single one of my concerns, which ultimately led us to finding my dream dress. I would recommend Hannelore's to any bride!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great experience! I would recommend to any and all brides in the DC area :)

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I know that Hannelore's has some iffy reviews on Yelp but I was SO HAPPY with the service I received. Everyone was amazing - from Mo, who picked out my dress, to Connie, who altered it flawlessly from start to finish through 4 rounds of alterations, to Hannelore herself, who always checked in on me whenever I arrived. So happy I found my dress there!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
Katherine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Kimberly anad Pamela throughout my entire process. Kimberly was fantastic and developed a humerous relationship with my father. They continued to joke back and forth which made this experience memorable and enjoyable. I had been referred here by a friend and did not realize till after I arrived the Kimberly did not see clients on a regular basis. She still took me as a client, treated me like I was a queen and guided my through this fantastic experience. When it came time to pick out the bridesmaid dresses Kimberly offered her expertise and assisted me in picking the colors as well as a few gowns to have the girls choose from. She also went as far as to help pick out the tux's and all the coordinating colors for our wedding party. She truly went above and beyond. Pamela came into the picture during the fitting process. We had a few minor issues with the fitting which Pamela took care of immediately and made everything work. She was honest, quick and very professional. I would recommend Hannelore's and have already had a few friends visit and purchase gowns. I felt like a princess on my wedding day in my gown. Thank you Kim and Pam!

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hannelore's gets some pretty mixed reviews on boards, but its been around forever and has a great selection, so we set an appointment and hoped for the best. I don't know how to explain some of the bad reviews out there because we had a wonderful experience! We were greetly warmly, ushered to meet our salesperson and received superlative service. We explained our price point (low for Hannelore's) and the salesperson took it in stride without comment or "attitude" and showed us only gowns in our budget. My daughter had very clear ideas on what she wanted (simple lines, focus on fabric quality) and our salesperson (I WISH I could remember her name!) introduced us to a designer's "budget" line that was just the perfect "fit" (forgive the pun).

My daughter opted to use a private seamstress for alterations since that can get very pricey at bridal salons, and we worried a bit that we would be pressured by the staff when we picked up the gown. Again, the staff reacted professionally when we explained we were simply picking up the gown to have alterations done elsewhere.

All in all, we got a wonderful gown at a very fair price and received professional, courteous service!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
703-549-0387
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment