156 Congressional Ln, Rockville, MD 20852 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 43
  • Real Weddings 1

About Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique

Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique is a not-for-profit bridal salon in the Washignton, D.C. area. This boutique’s mission is to empower women through reduced-price wedding gowns and accessories by donating net proceeds to women's charities.

This boutique offers discount designer bridal gowns, veils and accessories. Dresses found at Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique are donated from other bridal salons, designers, and generous individuals. Couples will find select rentals that fit their budget and their style, all while knowing they are making a difference for a good cause. The boutique’s primary charity, benefits the students of Rockville High School attending Montgomery College. This shop offers options such as:

• Bridal belts

Videos 1 vídeo

135 Reviews for Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique

• Loreal

Loreal Bledsoe · Getting married on 07/05/2021

I said yes to the dress!

Fairytale Brides has an amazing collection of wedding dresses for those looking to purchase donated and discounted dresses. The dresses ranged in sizes and styles and were BEAUTIFUL. The staff worked diligently to help me choose a gorgeous dress and I could NOT believe the price. $80 !!! Yes, you read that correctly only $80 which was wayyyy under my budget. It was too good to pass up. Thank you Fairytale Brides for helping me find my fairytale dress.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique's reply:

Hello Loreal
    We are super excited that you were able to find your dress at way below your intended budget. Happy to have been of help to you in all the special ways we provide our unparalleled customer service. Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Ruth Ahn · Getting married on 05/10/2021

A lovely experience

I had a lovely experience with Fairytale Brides. I was dreading dress shopping but the ladies here were wonderful and made the experience pleasant for me and my mom. Lizette (and everybody else at the store) was attentive but also transparent about how certain styles looked on me - even though the dress looked good on me, they knew it wasn't *my* dress and would tell me so.

My mom and I were also the only ones at the store, so even though Lizette was the one helping me, the entire group of volunteers were very much involved in helping me find my dress.

Something to keep in mind is that all dresses have been donated - there are hardly, if ever, any of the same dresses in multiple sizes like a for-profit store would have. So if you like something and it's within your budget, it's in your best interest to get it before someone else takes it. If you have a specific dress you absolutely must get for your wedding and you are not willing to give other styles a try, then this place may not be the best place for you. If you would like to give Fairytale Brides a chance, then please go with an open mind. You might be surprised with what you may end up liking, as it did with me :)

One thing that really made a lasting impression was how the volunteers would strike up a conversation with my mom whenever I was changing out of dresses, affirming that my mom was just as much a part of the process as I was. The reason why this sticks with me the most is because my mom is a first-generation Korean and English is not her native language. Even with the language barrier, everybody was communicating and working hard to understand each other.

All of the volunteers I met at my appointment were kind, warm, and not once did I feel pushed to buy a specific dress. The seamstress also came out (twice!!!) to answer any questions we had about the dress since it is a tad too small and also a little too long. The store also has shoes and various accessories readily available to help the volunteers when making recommendations to paint a bigger picture of how you would look in the dress. Another form of service I really appreciated was that I really wanted to try on a specific dress (my dream dress) from a different store, but I didn't have the time to go try it on before my appointment. When one of the volunteers saw me looking at a picture, she offered to find something similar to try on so that I could at least get an idea before making my final decision. It definitely helped me with the decision-making process as I could tell that the one I thought was *it* wasn't as special as the one I was thinking of getting.

To end this review, Fairytale Brides made the dreaded dress-shopping experience into such a positive one. I would highly recommend this place to future brides who are open to trying on a variety of dresses.

TL;DR  Volunteers at Fairytale Brides are attentive, transparent, understanding of and will stick to your budget. Even though I bought my dress already, a part of me wishes to go back to try on dresses again.

*this review has been cross-posted*

Sent on 01/28/2020

Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique's reply:

Hi Ruth,

The volunteers had such a wonderful time with you and your mother. We are so happy you found Fairytale Brides to be a warm and welcoming environment and that we were able to help you find your dream gown.

Congratulations!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    Under $500
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $2,499
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Rentals
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Bridal Gowns
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Plus Size Gowns
    Sample Gowns
    Shoes
    Veils
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Monthly
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

Real Weddings

• 156 Congressional Ln Rockville, MD, 20852 See on map
    301-812-4830 (Phone number)
    Sunday: 1-4pm; Monday: 2-6pm; Tuesday: 2-6pm; Wednesday: closed; Thursday: 1-6pm; Friday: closed Sa: 10am-3pm
    Location of (Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique)