719 T street N.W, Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number
· Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Cheryl Lofton & Associates

Cheryl Lofton & Associates is a premier full-service wedding tailoring company in Washington, DC. The company has been part of wedding industry since 1939, specializing in alterations and tailoring services for the entire wedding party. It provides unlimited fitting for the couples and 100% guaranteed satisfaction for every dress and attire that it touches.

Experience
Cheryl Lofton is a third generation tailor from a family of tailors. She began sewing at age 12 under her grandfather’s supervision, the late J.C. Lofton. He is a self-taught master tailor and the first African American to run a tailoring school in downtown Washington. His reputation of providing excellent tailoring and alteration services is kept alive by Cheryl today.

Cheryl Lofton & Associates offers dress and attire services including alterations and customization. They can work on bridal gowns, including plus-size dresses, as well as gowns for other formal events, and tuxedos.

Follow Cheryl Lofton & Associates on

Cheryl Lofton & Associates 3
Cheryl Lofton & Associates 4
Cheryl Lofton & Associates 5

Anna · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing, affordable alterations on an expensive silk dress

I bought my wedding dress from a luxury boutique in Philadelphia that was going to do $1,000 of alterations free of charge with my purchase. I quickly realized it wouldn’t be possible to drive to PA for every fitting leading up to my wedding, so panicked about who to trust my dress with. I called a few places recommended by friends, and most quoted $900-1000. Cheryl Lofton gave me a much more reasonable price. I was worried about trusting my delicate silk dress with someone I hadn’t used before, but the tailors here did amazing! They were super quick, but did great quality alterations so my dress fit perfectly (and I was even nitpicky about every last change needed). So glad to have found them. Will definitely use them for future alterations.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah S. · Married on 03/23/2019

Wouldn't trust anyone else!

My husband (!) and I have been going to Cheryl for years. So, when we got engaged, I knew I would trust no one else with my wedding dress!

About that dress: I dropped about two sizes between when I bought it and our big day. Yet, Cheryl and her team made sure my dress fit me perfectly!

I also had a rather impressive train, and they were really invested in making sure it was the most flattering and gorgeous bustle.

I had lace all around the bottom of my dress, so hemming it was a bit complicated. They had to remove it all, shorten it, then reapply it. The final result looked seamless.

Cheryl and her team aren't tailors -- they're magicians! Everything she touches turns out impeccably. She even does custom clothing.

(I mean, if she's good enough for Michelle Obama...)

Cheryl Lofton & Associates 6
    Cheryl Lofton & Associates 7
    Sent on 05/11/2019

Cheryl Lofton & Associates FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $1,999
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Groomsmen
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Full Customization
    Preservation
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Cheryl Lofton & Associates 1
    Complimentary Consultation
    We'd like to offer complimentary consultations for anyone that schedules an appointment with us through WeddingWire! Your complimentary consultation will include a one hour appointment with one of our bridal specialists in which you will be fitted in your dress and provided with professional insight and suggestions to get the absolute best fit and desired look out of your gown. After your consultation, you can decide whether or not you'd like us to alter your gown.

• 719 T street N.W Washington, DC, 20001 See on map