719 T street N.W, Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Cheryl Lofton & Associates

Cheryl A. Lofton & Associates is a premier, 3rd Generation, full-service tailoring shop in Washington, DC. The Lofton's have been a part of the wedding industry since 1939, specializing in alterations and custom made pieces for the entire wedding party. Check out our social media! @LoftonSalonDC

Our History

As a third generation tailor, Cheryl began sewing at the young age of 12 under the tutelage of her grandfather, the late J.C. Lofton. Mr. J.C. Lofton was the first African American to have a tailoring school in conjunction with a thriving business in downtown Washington DC. His reputation endures as the standard by which Cheryl A. Lofton & Associates service their clients to this day: Quality, Integerity, and Community.

We offer full-service tailoring as well as customization, repairs, and even custom suiting. Our specialists have decades of experience with both traditional gowns, couture pieces, suiting, bridemaids dresses, vintage pieces, and custom designs. We have hundreds of fabrics to choose from for custom suiting and shirting as well. There is little that we cannot do.

Follow Cheryl Lofton & Associates on

52 Reviews for Cheryl Lofton & Associates

• Jessica

Jessica Strong-Du Bois · Married on 11/21/2020

Wonderful experience

I came to Cheryl and Gale (not sure if I’m spelling her name right) after a HORRIBLE wedding dress alteration experience elsewhere (review to come). They were able to squeeze me in less than a month from my November wedding date. My wedding dress was mangled and Gale worked her MAGIC in a series of nearly 4 appointments to essentially reconstruct the dress to make it the beautiful masterpiece it was meant to be. It fit me like a glove and complemented me in all the right places. After every appointment, I left feeling assured that my dress would be taken care of and that they both truly cared about my satisfaction. I felt so confident and beautiful on our special and it’s all thanks to them. The professionalism, flexibility, meticulous attention to detail, levity (they were both really good at making me smile and laugh during a very stressful time), and superior knowledge of tailoring—you really can’t go wrong here. I will certainly be back for other pieces. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 01/14/2021

Cheryl Lofton & Associates's reply:

You look amazing!! Thank you so much for the kind review. We wish you and yours a lifetime of love. We look forward to seeing you again!

Grace McNamee · Married on 08/14/2020

Beautiful alterations and excellent service

Cheryl Lofton & Associates did a beautiful job with the alterations for my wedding dress. The fit wound up being just perfect--comfortable to wear all day and incredibly flattering--as you can see in the pictures! The experience of getting the alterations was also lovely. I fainted in the store during the session (fainting is just a thing I do), and they were so patient, generous, and warm with me as I recovered and then through the rest of the alterations. I'd highly recommend both the gorgeous final product and the experience!

Sent on 08/24/2020

Cheryl Lofton & Associates's reply:

Thank you, Grace! You look amazing! *heart-eyed emojis* You were such a please and we hope to see you again for your everyday alterations as well!

CL&A

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Cheryl Lofton & Associates FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $1,999
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Groomsmen
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Full Customization
    Preservation
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Cheryl Lofton & Associates 1
    Complimentary Consultation
    We'd like to offer complimentary consultations for anyone that schedules an appointment with us through WeddingWire! Your complimentary consultation will include a one hour appointment with one of our bridal specialists in which you will be fitted in your dress and provided with professional insight and suggestions to get the absolute best fit and desired look out of your gown. After your consultation, you can decide whether or not you'd like us to alter your gown.

• 719 T street N.W Washington, DC, 20001 See on map
    202-499-6542 (Phone number)
    Monday - Friday: 10 am - 7 pm Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm
    Location of (Cheryl Lofton & Associates)