719 T street N.W, Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Cheryl Lofton & Associates

Cheryl Lofton & Associates is a premier full-service wedding tailoring company in Washington, DC. The company has been part of wedding industry since 1939, specializing in alterations and tailoring services for the entire wedding party. It provides unlimited fitting for the couples and 100% guaranteed satisfaction for every dress and attire that it touches.

Experience
Cheryl Lofton is a third generation tailor from a family of tailors. She began sewing at age 12 under her grandfather's supervision, the late J.C. Lofton. He is a self-taught master tailor and the first African American to run a tailoring school in downtown Washington. His reputation of providing excellent tailoring and alteration services is kept alive by Cheryl today.

Cheryl Lofton & Associates offers dress and attire services including alterations and customization. They can work on bridal gowns, including plus-size dresses, as well as gowns for other formal events, and tuxedos.

Follow Cheryl Lofton & Associates on

1 User photo

Cheryl Lofton & Associates 1

Caitlin · Married on 11/10/2018

Tailoring for wedding dress

I had my wedding dress tailored at Cheryl Lofton & Associates for my Fall DC wedding. It was very easy to set up my appointment, and the turn-around on my alterations was very fast (I had a simple crepe gown from BHLDN). I ended up returning 10 days before my wedding to have a small bustle added, and they were able to accommodate. A great value and professional service.

• Y

Yumiko · Married on 07/14/2018

Cheryl Lofton is amazing! I had gone for previous alterations and knew that I could trust them with my wedding dress, and it turned out perfectly. Ali worked on my dress, which initially was a two piece (corset and skirt). Cheryl and Ali recommended that I either put pressure buttons in so that the top didn't come out all night or that we sew the top and skirt together. I opted for the latter, and I was so glad that I did - it looked like it had been a dress all along. Without their expert advice, I think i would have regret my choice of a two-piece.
    Everyone in the shop is super friendly and helpful, and the prices are very reasonable given the quality of the work. You won't regret it!

Cheryl Lofton & Associates 2

Cheryl Lofton & Associates FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos? $500 - $999, $1,000 - $1,999
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Full Customization, Preservation
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Cheryl Lofton & Associates 1
    Complimentary Consultation
    We'd like to offer complimentary consultations for anyone that schedules an appointment with us through WeddingWire! Your complimentary consultation will include a one hour appointment with one of our bridal specialists in which you will be fitted in your dress and provided with professional insight and suggestions to get the absolute best fit and desired look out of your gown. After your consultation, you can decide whether or not you'd like us to alter your gown.

• 719 T street N.W Washington, DC 20001 See on map