Cheryl Lofton & Associates Reviews

Cheryl Lofton & Associates 4
Cheryl Lofton & Associates 5

Eleanor · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent alterations

Excellent alterations to my wedding dress - my feedback was listened to, my schedule accommodated, and my dress fit perfectly :)

Sent on 06/24/2019

Anna · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing, affordable alterations on an expensive silk dress

I bought my wedding dress from a luxury boutique in Philadelphia that was going to do $1,000 of alterations free of charge with my purchase. I quickly realized it wouldn’t be possible to drive to PA for every fitting leading up to my wedding, so panicked about who to trust my dress with. I called a few places recommended by friends, and most quoted $900-1000. Cheryl Lofton gave me a much more reasonable price. I was worried about trusting my delicate silk dress with someone I hadn’t used before, but the tailors here did amazing! They were super quick, but did great quality alterations so my dress fit perfectly (and I was even nitpicky about every last change needed). So glad to have found them. Will definitely use them for future alterations.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah S. · Married on 03/23/2019

Wouldn't trust anyone else!

My husband (!) and I have been going to Cheryl for years. So, when we got engaged, I knew I would trust no one else with my wedding dress!

About that dress: I dropped about two sizes between when I bought it and our big day. Yet, Cheryl and her team made sure my dress fit me perfectly!

I also had a rather impressive train, and they were really invested in making sure it was the most flattering and gorgeous bustle.

I had lace all around the bottom of my dress, so hemming it was a bit complicated. They had to remove it all, shorten it, then reapply it. The final result looked seamless.

Cheryl and her team aren't tailors -- they're magicians! Everything she touches turns out impeccably. She even does custom clothing.

(I mean, if she's good enough for Michelle Obama...)

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Cheryl Lofton & Associates 8
    Cheryl Lofton & Associates 9

Caitlin · Married on 11/10/2018

Tailoring for wedding dress

I had my wedding dress tailored at Cheryl Lofton & Associates for my Fall DC wedding. It was very easy to set up my appointment, and the turn-around on my alterations was very fast (I had a simple crepe gown from BHLDN). I ended up returning 10 days before my wedding to have a small bustle added, and they were able to accommodate. A great value and professional service.

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Y

Yumiko · Married on 07/14/2018

Cheryl Lofton is amazing! I had gone for previous alterations and knew that I could trust them with my wedding dress, and it turned out perfectly. Ali worked on my dress, which initially was a two piece (corset and skirt). Cheryl and Ali recommended that I either put pressure buttons in so that the top didn't come out all night or that we sew the top and skirt together. I opted for the latter, and I was so glad that I did - it looked like it had been a dress all along. Without their expert advice, I think i would have regret my choice of a two-piece.
    Everyone in the shop is super friendly and helpful, and the prices are very reasonable given the quality of the work. You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Cheryl Lofton & Associates 10

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2018

The Cheryl Lofton team was great! they made my dress fit perfectly, and even helped recommend an accessory that would pull everything together! I've used them for altering a bridesmaid's dress for a friend's wedding too and that process was also painless and easy!

Sent on 06/22/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/19/2016

I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful experience I had with Cheryl and her wedding dress specialist Martha. I decided two months out from my wedding to wear my mother's wedding dress. Prior to calling Cheryl A Lofton, I had visited two other places and called four. Everywhere else was not going to be able to get the dress finished in time, didn't seem to understand my vision or were ridiculously expensive and out of my price range. When I called Cheryl, I could already tell from the conversation with the receptionist that I was going to feel much more comfortable in their hands because she assured me that nothing that I was asking for was a problem. I was completely sold when I visited the shop.

I so appreciated how much they all shared my excitement and my love for my mother's dress. They really made me feel so special! And beyond that, they did FANTASTIC work. I came in for the normal fittings, but because they were doing a lot of work on the dress, I had to come in two additional times (they did not charge me any extra) and they redid things without any complaint or issue.

My mother is 5 inches shorter than I am and her dress was very...well, 70s. So, Martha worked with me, to cut the dress at the waist and bring the bottom up to keep the embroidery and bead work that runs along the bottom intact. We tightened the sleeves and changed the wrist and button work. We change the bust area and the waist to be more fitted. I was so happy with the final product!

My mom had offered to pay for half of the alterations because she was so pleased that I decided to wear her dress and when she called in, she just loved talking with them too. Everyone at the shop is lovely.

Thank you, Cheryl and Martha, for making me feel so comfortable with the process, for your expertise and skill, for working me in on a tight timeline, for having everything done perfectly, and for sharing in my joy and excitement!

Sent on 01/27/2017
  • Britt

Brittany · Married on 10/22/2016

Cheryl and her team did a fantastic job on my wedding dress. Everything I wanted they did with precision and perfection. When I went to pickup my dress it was beautifully preserved and looked like it belonged in a storefront, just lovely!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Erinn · Married on 10/15/2016

I am forever thankful for all the hard work and help that Cheryl and her talented staff provided me for my wedding dress! The dress looked beautiful because the fit and tailoring was on point! Their care, attention to detail, and customer service were truly appreciated.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Amelia · Married on 10/01/2016

They were great! From my fitting to my pick up, the staff were attentive, kind, and efficient. Also, every time I was waiting in the lobby/front area, other clients came in with gratitude and lots of smiles, with stories and photos of their weddings. I definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/11/2016
  • Geraldine

Geraldine · Married on 09/04/2016

I'm so happy with how my dress turned out! I had the dress taken in, raised the waist, and added a belt. When I had a last-minute work trip that conflicted with my second (and most important) fitting, the staff was able to work with my schedule and squeeze me in before my travel. My seamstress Maria did an amazing job, and Cheryl and her staff were incredible to work with. I will definitely be coming back for alterations for my regular clothes.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Anne · Married on 05/28/2016

Cheryl Lofton & Associates were great to work with - very professional, responsive, and skilled. When I noticed a small issue with my dress after getting home, they got me in the next morning to take care of it free of charge. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Wonderful! Flexible, friendly, patient, high quality.

Sent on 07/09/2016

Marcy · Married on 05/21/2016

Don't hesitate - absolutely amazing alterations!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Tet · Married on 04/09/2016

I took my wedding 3 piece (corset, skirt and lace overlay) to Cheryl for bridal alterations and I could not be happier. I was working with Martha through the process, she was very sweet and did a great job handling my outfit. The skirt was a silk tulle, beautiful, but pretty hard to handle, But Martha did amazing. She made sure everything fit me like a glove. I live in the neighborhood too, so it was great to get it all done close to home and support local business that been around so long. Very happy with end result!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Cheryl Lofton & Associates's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to work with you! Please do send us photos from your wedding!!

Erin · Married on 10/24/2015

I found Cheryl Lofton & Assoc through Yelp actually, and right away had a great feeling about it. I love that it's a small and local business. Moreover, I loved the photos posted showing the beautiful work done.

Going for my first fitting, my positive feelings were affirmed. My dress I bought "used" but never worn at an amazing price. It had a beautiful lace train, but I wanted zero train, not even just a nice bustle. The idea of cutting the lace though broke my heart. The woman helping me and I came up with a plan of essentially using small (and removable) stitches as pickups. (Wish I could post a photo.) It was executed perfectly and looked like it was always meant to be that way. Gorgeous!

My fiancé purchased a handmade tux from India. It was actually amazingly awesome, but it arrived only two weeks before the big event (heart attack!) and the fit of the pants can only be described as hilarious. Again we went to Cheryl and associates. The alterations were perfectly fitted and completed with amazingly quick turnaround.

Thanks, Cheryl Lofton & Associates!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Cheryl and Gail did wonderful work to adjust a dress I bought off the rack in a department store. They are easy to work with, deliver great quality quickly, and charge reasonable prices. I am so glad I found them for my wedding dress alterations and plan to use them for alternations for everyday clothes from now on.

Sent on 10/18/2015

K · Married on 10/03/2015

Cheryl Lofton and her excellent team transformed a too-large column wedding dress into a beautiful (and comfortable) dress that looked exquisite on my wedding day. I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 02/13/2016

My dress was beautiful and fit amazingly. I worried about having a strapless dress as someone with a larger bust; I didn't want to be pulling at it all night. The dress stayed in place beautifully through an entire night of hugs and dancing.

They were also very accommodating with a last minute request. My father passed away less than a week before my wedding, and I was able get a piece of heart shaped fabric sewn into my dress just 2 days before my wedding without any hesitation or delay. I will always be grateful for that, as it allowed my father to still walk me down the aisle.

Sent on 03/01/2016

I highly recommend Cheryl and her team to anyone looking for alterations for their dress be it bridal or bridesmaid or even everyday wear! I purchased my wedding dress from Jcrew and they unfortunately would not recommend anyone in the DC area who would take a Jcrew gown. I'm so lucky I found Cheryl as they've worked with lots of Jcrew dresses and were comfortable with the material.

Martha did my alterations and she did a fabulous job - suggesting improvements that I wouldn't have thought of! I picked it up this weekend and I am so excited to wear it on my wedding day! I will definitely be back again and I highly recommend them for all future brides :)

Sent on 04/14/2015

Abby · Married on 01/17/2015

#1 Priority - that is how Cheryl and her associates made you feel the moment you walked in to the store. They are great! There work was impeccable, service outstanding, and flexibility much appreciated. I recommend Cheryl for wedding and any other tailoring needs.

Sent on 01/24/2015

Julia · Married on 09/06/2014

I went to Chery Lofton and Associates with a crisis. I had had a very bad experience with my wedding dress vendor (review coming soon) and I needed someone to alter and fix some defects in less than 2 weeks. Yes, you read that correctly, less than two weeks. Cheryl and her team quickly put my mind at ease and told me that while it would be difficult---they would get it done. And they did! In a matter of two weeks I was able to have 3 fittings and my dress was perfect! Thank you Cheryl and team!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Erin · Married on 08/30/2014

Thank you yelp and wedding wire for the reviews. I very happily used Cheryl Lofton to alter my gown because my dress vendor was too far away.

I had them take in at the zipper and pull up on the straps so to speak. The dress fit like a glove, literally.

The people working here were always very friendly and I was in and out of fittings at lightening speed.

Sent on 09/01/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/17/2014

I had such a great experience getting my lace wedding dress altered. Gail did an absolutely beautiful job! I felt that Gail really wanted my dress to be perfect. Even when I went in for my last fitting, she suggested just one more tiny adjustment, which I so appreciated because even though it looked great already, she just wanted it to be absolutely 100% perfect. I would recommend starting your bridal fitting early in order to give the professionals at Cheryl Lofton's plenty of time to work their magic! Plus, I love the atmosphere in the store and I had fun just going to my bridal fittings.

Sent on 05/20/2014