Green and Blue Studio

Washington, DC View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Green and Blue Studio is a wedding dress studio located in Washington, DC. The company's designers and dressmakers trained in Italy and design bespoke wedding garments or revamp vintage dresses into contemporary and stylish pieces. Clients can enjoy custom gown and alterations services in the studio's comfortable and relaxing atmosphere, surrounded by beautiful wedding creations. The studio also stocks a wide variety of accessories and jewelry for special occasions.

Experience

Initially established in 2005, the studio is owned and operated by Daniela Cerman and Michaela Schwartz. Daniela gained sewing and couture skills while studying at Le Grand Chic Institute in Bologna, Italy, where she also earned a fashion degree. Michaela has a passion for all things fashion and weddings and also possesses a business degree. Together, the pair are a force in the wedding fashion world.

Green and Blue Studio offers expert wedding and wedding party alterations, custom couture wedding gowns, and custom design evening wear. In addition, the store carries a line of beautiful jewelry, hair accessories, veils, sashes, shapewear, and lingerie. Clients are sure to find everything they need in-store, ensuring a hassle-free experience.

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Flower Girls
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Cleaning
Full Customization
Preservation

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewelry
Undergarments
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

Lilly M. Married on 04/16/2022

Amazing work at a reasonable price! Fixed a rip in my dress when others said unfixable!

Green & Blue studio completely knocked it out the park with my dress! I bought an off the rack couture gown that had a small tear in it. It turned out to be a huge problem and I had been told by another tailor that my dress was basically unfixable. Another tailor quoted me over $1,500 for the fix. I came to Green & Blue and they listened to me and came up with a solution of patching the dress and covering it with beadwork from my mother’s dress (which I wanted incorporate anyway). They were much more reasonable in price than the other tailor’s quote! I also was concerned that my dress would be falling down all night because it was strapless. They put in a sort of bra-type belt inside the dress for extra support and I danced the entire night away without worrying about it! They were super easy to work with and listening to all my concerns; reasonably priced; convenient location. Of course, the dress fit like a glove and looked gorgeous. I’m SO glad I went to Green & Blue and would recommend to anyone in the area!
    Ann W. Married on 11/20/2021

Wedding dress alterations

The studio did a wonderful job with alterations on my daughter’s dress. Everyone was kind and helpful. With the pandemic our plans changed a few times & the studio was so helpful and flexible. THE BEST EXPERIENCE.
  • Becca
    Becca P. Married on 10/01/2021

Amazing seamstresses

I unwittingly bought a size 14 dress when I am a size 4, so my alterations ended up being a big job! Luckily, the seamstresses as Green & Blue were up to the task and made the dress look really natural (though not without doing a good bit of "dress surgery"). They even squeezed me in for a last minute appointment the week of the wedding when I decided I wanted it to be a little bit tighter. So grateful for their wonderful work!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

10 photos · 08/08/2015

1350 Connecticut Avenue NW Suite 301 Washington, DC, 20036
2022236644

By Appointment Only
Location of (Green and Blue Studio)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding