About Carine's Bridal Atelier

Washington, DC's Premier Bridal Destination

Since its establishment in 2006, Carine’s Bridal Atelier became home to legendary designers such as Monique Lhuillier, Vera Wang, Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera and many, many more. Over the years, Carine’s has helped thousands of local and international brides. While expanding their exclusive designer relationships with emerging designers, they have also devoted special attention to the boutique’s renowned in-house alterations services.

Carine’s offers unparalleled wedding gown expertise and tailors bridal fashion to your body type, personality and destination. Carine’s Bridal Atelier is fashion savvy and focused on you.

Your aisle is our runway.

Carine:

Carine began her career in fashion over 10 years ago when she moved to New York City to join the design team at AEFFE (the parent company of Moschino, Jean Paul Guteiler and Alberta Ferretti). When family concerns brought her back to Washington DC, she began working with Vera Wang, and was eventually hired away to Priscilla of Boston. After local success and recognition, and as her reputation grew, she was courted to Saks Fifth Avenue in Tyson’s Corner to head the bridal salon.

Carine’s experience at other DC salons afforded her the opportunity to interface with the design community in New York City. Twice a year the industry gathers for bridal fashion week where there are fashion shows, runways, models and designer parties. Carine has attended every one, where it was her job to hand-select wedding dresses off of the runway to carry in store. Over the years she developed close relationships with some of her favorite designers, and made many friends at salons in New York City and across the country. Carine noticed that there was a big difference between the typical bridal salon in New York and the typical bridal salon in DC. New York bridal salons tended to be more sophisticated, the staff more knowledgeable (often with a background in design), and the collection of dresses larger. Carine felt that with her experience, contacts, and vision, she could bring the look and feel of a New York City salon to the Mid-Atlantic.

Categories: Wedding Dress

Sample Sales (8)
Hair Accessories (8)
Sample Gowns (6)
Undergarments (2)

I have to share how blessed I was to work with Carine's and my bridal consultant Lauren. In one sentence: The boutique carries the highest-end designers in the area and their relationships with those designers give them the flexibility to ensure you get your dream dress, period. If you love Ines Di Santo, this is your store.

I'd call myself a high-maintenance, indecisive, comparison shopper. I tried on more than 50 dresses at nine stores in three states, plus the District. All the while, I kept in touch with Lauren. She emailed back-and-forth with me between my three appointments, made sure the store had all the dresses I wanted to try on, and bent over backwards to keep me from settling for a dress I wasn't 100 percent in love with.

I was fortunate to have a healthy (though not limitless) budget that allowed me to go shopping for dresses in Manhattan. There I found a Marchesa gown I loved and emailed Lauren to tell her I was torn. By the time I went to my final appointment at Carine's, she and the owner Carine had reached out to Ines Di Santo to find a solution that replicated some features of the Marchesa without sacrificing the specialness of the original Ines design I adored.

When I arrived, Lauren showed me two custom sketches from Ines that I could choose from. On top of all that, Carine's was able to work out a discount so that I could afford it all. Lauren also recommended vendors for other aspects of my wedding. I'm already looking forward to an accessories appointment and my dress fittings.

Carine's made my dream dress happen. It's not an overstatement to say that Lauren and Carine saved my shopping experience. They soothed my nerves and made the final purchase the joyous moment I hoped it would be. I can't thank them enough.

Profile Picture Keely, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Veils, Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows

This was the dress shopping experience my mom was waiting for. We had been to 7 stores that week and this was the last stop. The dressing rooms were large and private. The sofa was comfortable. We picked out several dresses and they brought them in a couple at a time so we didn't get overwhelmed. They helped us style the dress, discuss accessories. I have never loved a dress so much in my life. Their selection was incredible, but I think I knew the second I saw it. They only have one fee for alterations, which was nice because you don't have to worry about it if you need more than 2 fittings. I was lucky that not much needed to be changed in mine. The fittings were easy. The way they bustled the dress was great, especially since my dress was a very delicate chiffon. My final fitting was 2 weeks before the wedding and it fit like a glove.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Trunk Shows, Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils

Carine's Bridal Atelier FAQ

3 Photos

Real Brides

19 Photos

6 ENDORSEMENTS
Carine's Bridal Atelier is one of our favorite bridal salons in the whole DC area. The space is beautiful and intimate, with a wide selection of gowns that are displayed well. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly, and they're experts at helping their brides find just the right dress at just the right price point. They're also skilled stylists, ensuring that their clients find not only the perfect gown but also the accessories that will complement it best. We recommend Carine's without reservation!

The Most Beautiful Gowns! Carine & her team are the BEST at what they do! xo

Carine's bridal is wonderful, always personable and professional! I would highly recommend them for your gown, veil, hair accessories !!!!

I have worked with Carine on so many occasions and when i got married she helped me pick the perfect dress for my big day. I just want to say that the superior service combined with Carine's experience in the industry will always make Carine's Bridal Atelier #1 in my book. You just can'g go wrong.

Gorgeous dresses from amazing designers! Excellent service and a calm atmosphere that makes brides feel pampered. Our brides have been very happy at Carine's!

Events