About Hair by Giselle

Hair by Giselle

Specializing in hair for weddings / special events / hair extensions (temp/perm)!

Congratulations! We are excited to announce that Elegant Hair by Giselle has been chosen to receive the Bride's Choice Award(TM) 2011,-current.

This award recognizes the top 5 percent of local wedding professionals from the WeddingWire Network who demonstrate excellence in quality, service and professionalism.

* Washingtonian Bride & Groom Magazine 2001-2013  and " Voted as “Top vote getter” ~ 2005 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011/ 2012 / 2013~ for hair updos in the metropolitan area

Giselle specializes in hair updos/styles for weddings:
(hair experience with Greek-Roman, Persian, Asian, Morrocan, Indian, and more).
All  hair types (curly, extra long-my specialty) ....
Any special events - weddings, black tie, prom/homecoming, charities, ballroom dancers, photoshoots, print matieral, etc)

On location (destination weddings/events-my specialty) & In studio services

Offering hair fillers, temp/perm extensions, hair accessories

Nationally (DC, NY),  and Internationally (LONDON) trained.

I come from a family of 15 hairdressers (uncles, an aunt, cousins and syblings). My father moved here from Morroco in the early 1960’s and began the hair industry that we all now love and embrasse. I have worked with celebrities, and many top wedding coordinators/catering managers in the wedding business. I truely have a passion for what I do and it would be my pleasure to be of service to you on your special day!

Featured in:
Washingtonian Magazine 2001-2013 Bride & Groom , Allure, Grace Ormond, Washington Weddings, Inside Weddings, I-Do, Premiere bride, Engaged, Bethesda, The Washington Post Dec 3, 2007/front page of the Metro section & in 2004, The Inaugural ball/Drive- by-Bow-Tie for Nordstrom, GMU Wedding Guide 2007 & lectures 2007/08, Washington Life, My Day, and more...

Vender list for the following hotels:
The Willard Intercontinental, The Hay Adams, The Ritz DC & Tysons Corner, The Monaco, The St. Regis, The Mayflower, The Westin Embassy Row, The Mandarin Oriental hotel, The Fairmont, The Omni Shoreham, Four Seasons, The Kentlands Mansion and more.

Licensed cosmetologist over 22 years

Hair Extensions (5)
Textured Styling (5)
Blowouts (3)
Licensed (1)

Giselle was the person I worked most with for my wedding. I have patches where there is far less hair from decades of trichotillomania and was really worried about it for the wedding. Giselle recommended extensions, which we tested a few months prior to the wedding so I could aclimate and it was great. It actually really helped with confidence overall which was an unexpected side effect. She was so flexible and worked with me. She truly cares about her clients. We did the 10 hour package the day of and it was worth it. We had a big lift in our dance so it was nice to have her there in case any hairs went astray. She even helped bustle my dress after the ceremony. She is incredible.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Hair Extensions, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

Giselle is a lovely professional hair stylist who was very responsive to my daughter and me in the preplanning and on the wedding day. She did a beautiful practice run for my daughter before the ceremony, and then on her wedding day put together the most beautiful updo with a braid, some twisting pieces, and a low bun. Just gorgeous! She gave me a blow out on the day of the wedding, and it turned out so cute! We both received many compliments. Giselle is the best!

View Vendor Response

7 Photos

PHOTO SHOOTS Feb 2012 Events in the

4 Photos

14 ENDORSEMENTS
Giselle is one of the top hair stylists in DC. Her talent is amazing. She has been doing this a long time and knows what needs to be done. Her all-day package is what everyone deserves to have on their wedding day!

Giselle is one of the most beautiful people I know inside and out, in addition to being amazing at what she does. She is a consummate creative professional whose gentle caring spirit brings out the best in you and others...any day of the week. When we get to work together with brides and their families on wedding days its a beautiful day all around. Giselle is without a doubt one of 2 stylists in the field that are indeed in a league of their own. I can't recommend Giselle enough as I think so highly of her as a colleague, professional and friend in the industry.

We have known Giselle for such a long time and cannot say enough good things about her! She is so sweet and calming to be around. You can trust that she will listen to your preferences and make sure you're looking your very best on your wedding day!

Giselle is a gifted artist and a top notch professional! Love working with her every time and often urge my clients to book her. She's a gem :)

115 PROS I KNOW
1 ASSOCIATION I BELONG TO

Events

8230 Boone Blvd, Suite 160, Vienna, VA 22182   See On Map
240-997-5241 (phone)
Hair by Giselle is a wedding hair specialist from Rockville, MD. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Washington DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland. Hair by Giselle is a professional wedding updo hair stylist that has been part of the Mid-Atlantic wedding industry for over 20 years. We specialize in bridal and bridal party hair styles.