Lorna Basse

Alexandria, VA View map

Lorna Basse has been involved in the art of makeup and style since 1993 and was personally trained by some of the best in the industry that was enhanced with years of on the job experience. Although a native Washingtonian, Lorna has worked all over North America and Europe for select companies and private clients.

During her career, Lorna has had the opportunity to work with such notables as: President George W. Bush, Sir Paul McCartney, Barbara Walters, Walter Cronkite, Tony Bennett, Smokey Robinson, Seal, Dave Grohl, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Chris Matthews, Anita Baker, Debbie Allen, James Earl Jones, Rudy Giuliani, Jordan Sparks, Sheryl Crow, Rosario Dawson, filmmaker Ken Burns, Sen. John McCain, Sen. Bob Dole, Speaker Newt Gingrich and Henry Kissinger to name just a few.She has worked on multiple election launches, coverage and debates and many musical and industry events. In addition, among her experience is hundreds of brides she has worked with before and on their wedding day.

Lorna is passionate about what she does and brings a level of professionalism and grace that is not found often in the industry. Insured not only professionally but personally adheres to confidentiality and privacy for the clients and event coordination. She stands firm as a business owner and professional artist to being flexible and fair for service rates and travel expenses. Her reputation is everything and her references reflect her work ethic and ability to manage multiple colleagues and talents with varying egos and needs.

A more extensive list of clients can be found at my website: www.lornabasse.com

I look forward to hearing from you! Please give me a call: 571-233-1859 or send me an email: lornabasse@gmail.com

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$200.00

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$200.00

What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?

$199.00

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$150.00

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$100.00

$125.00

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Makeup
Men's Grooming
Mult. Stylists
Skincare

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Contour Makeup
Eye Makeup
Natural Makeup
On-Site Makeup
Wedding Party Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes

What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

Kaleigh Married on 02/13/2021

Above & Beyond

Lorna went above and beyond for us! I am a make up artist myself and was supposed to do the make up for my cousins wedding. My husband came down with COVID 7 days before the wedding. Lorna was timely in getting back with us and helped us find someone to do hair as well! She squeezed us into her jam packed schedule and was so kinds! Thanks for saving the day Lorna!

Lorna Basse's reply:

Kaleigh, Thank YOU for asking me to help you and your family out when the unexpected happened. It was my pleasure to keep the joy on track!! Cheers!!!
    Kaleigh Married on 02/06/2021

Saved the Day!

I was actually supposed to be the makeup artist for my cousin’s wedding. 6 days before the wedding my husband tested positive for COVID and we were unable to travel to the wedding. I freaked out and started trying to find make up artists who were available. Lorna was one of the only ones who responded to me and she responded with in a couple of hours! I explained the situation and since I was out of town she even reached out to her network to find someone to do the bride’s hair as well. She made herself available and saved the day so that the bride didn’t have to worry about a thing!

Kaleigh,
    It was a joy to have been able to help Kellie out on her wedding day and fill in for you...long distance. Thank you for reaching out to me and I'm so happy it all worked out. Be well! :)
    Lorna
    Toni Married on 05/13/2018
    We went to Lorna for a trial run (mother of bride and bride) and Lorna listened and translated what we wanted into a makeup application. On the day of the wedding she came to our venue and we had a great time getting made up. Again she listened carefully, and gave us what we wanted. We looked great but not overly made up. It was very natural and she's lots of fun as well. It was a great experience, especially for two people who don't wear much make up. We felt terrific.

Toni,
    Thank you so much for the kind words and again for the honor of assisting you and your daughter on such a big day for your family. It was a true pleasure!
    Lorna :)

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Deals

Lorna Basse 1
Exclusive

Bridal hair by Remona Bridal hair by Remona Wedding Hair & Makeup

Lorna is such a pleasure to work with. She creates flawless looks that successfully enhance natural beauty! Not only is she extremely talented, but she brings professionalism and a positive attitude to weddings that promotes calmness and confidence amongst brides. I absolutely love working with her!!

Hair by Giselle Hair by Giselle Wedding Hair & Makeup

Lorna is a true professional!!! Her true artistic talent and calming personality is the perfect combination when looking for a fantastic makeup artist. If you're looking for someone who knows how to make you feel relaxed, confident and beautiful look no further. She's truly amazing and such a kind person to have around too. I've been working with Lorna for years and she's always very reliable, responsive and very consistent not to mention kind and considerate of everyone. You'll love her!!!!

6001 Shaffer Dr. Alexandria, VA, 22310
Location of (Lorna Basse)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding