Alexandria, VA 22310 Map · Phone number

About Lorna Basse

Lorna Basse has been involved in the art of makeup and style since 1993 and was personally trained by some of the best in the industry that was enhanced with years of on the job experience. Although a native Washingtonian, Lorna has worked all over North America and Europe for select companies and private clients.

During her career, Lorna has had the opportunity to work with such notables as: President George W. Bush, Sir Paul McCartney, Barbara Walters, Walter Cronkite, Tony Bennett, Smokey Robinson, Seal, Dave Grohl, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Chris Matthews, Anita Baker, Debbie Allen, James Earl Jones, Rudy Giuliani, Jordan Sparks, Sheryl Crow, Rosario Dawson, filmmaker Ken Burns, Sen. John McCain, Sen. Bob Dole, Speaker Newt Gingrich and Henry Kissinger to name just a few.She has worked on multiple election launches, coverage and debates and many musical and industry events. In addition, among her experience is hundreds of brides she has worked with before and on their wedding day.

Lorna is passionate about what she does and brings a level of professionalism and grace that is not found often in the industry. Insured not only professionally but personally adheres to confidentiality and privacy for the clients and event coordination. She stands firm as a business owner and professional artist to being flexible and fair for service rates and travel expenses. Her reputation is everything and her references reflect her work ethic and ability to manage multiple colleagues and talents with varying egos and needs.

A more extensive list of clients can be found at my website: www.lornabasse.com

I look forward to hearing from you! Please give me a call: 571-233-1859 or send me an email: lornabasse@gmail.com

1680024987278185902238767n
5cb9a4879adf673e Tara1
tara1

35 Reviews for Lorna Basse

Toni · Married on 05/13/2018

We went to Lorna for a trial run (mother of bride and bride) and Lorna listened and translated what we wanted into a makeup application. On the day of the wedding she came to our venue and we had a great time getting made up. Again she listened carefully, and gave us what we wanted. We looked great but not overly made up. It was very natural and she's lots of fun as well. It was a great experience, especially for two people who don't wear much make up. We felt terrific.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Toni,
    Thank you so much for the kind words and again for the honor of assisting you and your daughter on such a big day for your family. It was a true pleasure!
    Lorna :)

Amy · Married on 02/13/2018

Lorna did an outstanding job at my wedding with her makeup expertise. We had our destination wedding in Mexico. She did my trial the day prior to the wedding day which was my rehearsal dinner but changed the look up a bit so it wasn't given away! She gave me a beautiful glow and enhanced my facial features with a natural airbrush look. I felt so GLAM. She also helped complete my look with suggesting flowers in my hair! She knows how to complete a look. Thank you Lorna for being apart of our special day and making everyone look and feel their best!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Lorna Basse's reply:

Amy, Thank you for your kind words and they mean so much coming from you! It was such a privilege to be there with your family and have a small role in such a beautiful few days! So many times weddings are defined by: its about the wedding or its about the marriage...this was without a doubt about the marriage. The attention to detail that you had and your ideas allowed a great collaboration for me to design a few looks that I'm so happy you were so pleased with! Congrats again to you and Derek and hope to see you both again soon!! Hugs!

Kate · Married on 02/10/2018

Lorna was a true pleasure to work with on my wedding day. I did many trials and couldn't seem to find the right look or person, until Lorna. I was first impressed during my trial with the amount of time Lorna spent talking about the wedding, personality, tone before we even started doing makeup. I felt like she totally understood me and what I was trying to achieve for my wedding day. On the day of, Lorna was so professional, fun, and had great advice! She made my family members and bridal party look beautiful and elegant without the "over done" look. I was so happy with my makeup application, the products, and the attention to detail Lorna clearly puts in with everyone sitting in front of her. Lorna's makeup looked effortless and glowy with a touch of glamour. Everyone in our group of 9 looked wonderful from the afternoon through the evening. Thank you Lorna!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Lorna Basse's reply:

Kate....it was such a true pleasure having the opportunity to meet with you in between your traveling for your trial and then with your beautiful family on the wedding day. Thank you so much for your kind words but most importantly for the privilege of being able to assist you on your wedding day!
    Best wishes always from across the miles... :)

Lorna Basse FAQ

• What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 175.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 125.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Mult. Stylists, Skincare
  • What makeup services do you offer? Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 20

• Bridal hair by Remona
    Bridal hair by Remona Wedding Hair & Makeup

Lorna is such a pleasure to work with. She creates flawless looks that successfully enhance natural beauty! Not only is she extremely talented, but she brings professionalism and a positive attitude to weddings that promotes calmness and confidence amongst brides. I absolutely love working with her!!

• Hair by Giselle
    Hair by Giselle Wedding Hair & Makeup

Lorna is a true professional!!! Her true artistic talent and calming personality is the perfect combination when looking for a fantastic makeup artist. If you're looking for someone who knows how to make you feel relaxed, confident and beautiful look no further. She's truly amazing and such a kind person to have around too. I've been working with Lorna for years and she's always very reliable, responsive and very consistent not to mention kind and considerate of everyone. You'll love her!!!!

• Alexandria, 22310 See on map