Divine Decorating Services LLC Reviews

9 | Richmond, VA

9 Reviews for Divine Decorating Services LLC

1 User photo

P. Logan-Brown · Married on 04/27/2019

Very professional, courteous and a pleasure to work with.

The decorations provided for my 50th Birthday Party were “ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.” I received several compliments from family and friends and I would highly recommend Divine Decorating Services for anyone’s special event. These ladies are such a joy to work with.

Sent on 05/31/2020

Divine Decorating Services LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs Brown. It was such a pleasure to work with you to make your 50th Birthday the event you we hoping for.

Michele · Married on 06/06/2014

Mrs. Cheryl and Gloria were great through this entire process. They paid attention to all details, big or small and the decorations were so beautiful, as the bride it took my breath away with the first look of the reception hall, it was just as I envisioned and more.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Divine Decorating Services LLC's reply:

Thanks Michele it was our pleasure.

Susan · Married on 06/24/2010

I had the honor and was truly blessed to have had this company (Divine Decorating Service) not once but twice to share their anointed gift of beautifying to special days in my life.I will surely call on them for the future "BIGGER EVENTS" to come!!!!!!!!!!!! stay tune!!!!

Sent on 09/04/2010

V · Married on 05/15/2009

Divine Decorating created the images for our prom and saved our school money and time. The staff was so quick and comprehensive that they turned the Science Museum of Richmond into the most classy Mardi Gras Masquerade prom this city has ever seen. The event was unforgettable with a lot of unexpected dashes of decorations and favors.

Sent on 09/19/2010

Divine Decorating Services LLC's reply:

It was an honor to assist HHS class of 2009 with their Prom. We have been contracted to assist with Prom 2011 and are sooo excited.

Tonya · Married on 06/21/2008

Divine Decorating Services is "God-sent", called, anointed and appointed for this ministry. Their services were used for my Fabulous at 40 Birthday Celebration. The decorations were fabulous! They have a ministry of excellence! I would recommend them 1,000 times. Job well done!

Sent on 10/16/2008

Divine Decorating Services LLC's reply:

We are grateful for the review and look forward to working with this client again in the future.

Dale · Married on 06/05/1982

Divine Decorating Services provides excellent professional services for our church Women's Conference annually. The talent of these professionals are awesome, spirit filled.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Autumn · Married on 08/11/2008

Beautiful!

Sent on 09/09/2008

Divine Decorating Services LLC's reply:

We are grateful for the review and hope we can serve this client again and possible obtain a 5* rating. Please recommend us to your family, friends & coworkers.

• Marcie

Marcie V. · Getting married on 01/04/2022

Hire at your own risk!

Wedding planner not organized. Paid close to $2,000 for upcoming wedding and the only thing she made was a bouquet. When asked to deduct monies from only what she made, and I wanted my money back . She stated I was not entitle to a REFUND, claimed she had already done all of ground work for the wedding. When requested an ITEMIZED BILL, she refused. When I continued to contact her requesting to see what I paid for my wedding she stated she was BLOCKING my text and emails she was off duty, when I had repeatedly requested to see items. HIRE AT YOUR ON RISK! BEWARE. The only reason I was interested in this business because I thought it was a Christian Business. God will restore everything the DEVIL stole from us! Shame on her!

Sent on 05/30/2020

Divine Decorating Services LLC's reply:

Marcie Vaughan is a very disgruntled customer. Who is throwing a tantrum like a 2 year old. Due to COVID-19 her wedding was postponed to a day of her choosing June 2021. All purchases were made for her wedding as her original date was April 2020. and because of COVID everything was cancelled in March 2020 on Thursday and Friday May 28 & 29 2020, she begin to text and email about a refund. She was informed to read her contract and reminded that there are no refunds as all purchases had been made for her event. She then wanted an itemized bill of what we paid for the items we purchased. You cannot go to any company and ask them to show you how much they paid for anything. You are given the retail price and it’s up to you if you want to purchase it or not. Ms Williams was given and itemized proposal and contract of the items she requested. She and her fiancé reviewed the contracted and she signed it. When COVID occurred she called & Emailed requesting a June 2021 date of which we immediately accommodated her. Not sure what invoked this sudden change of plans or this demand for immediate gratification. Ms Williams asked to then see the things we had purchased for her wedding. I informed her that they had been packed away since her wedding is more than a year away but I will pull them on Monday morning and send her the pictures she is requesting. She then bargain to text me every two minutes until I had to block her. I told her she would be blocked (5:30pm) until Monday as we were closed for the weekend, at which time I would remove the block and send her the pictures she requested. I’m told her I was sorry for her frustration that we are will and able to provide the services she requested per her contract on June 2020. Ms Williams only saw one bouquet prior to this event m, her bridal bouquet as that was the only one she requested. She only ordered 2 bouquets one for her and one for the Matron of Honor. both have been done. Her other request was linen, chair covers, and centerpieces all of which have been purchased. She will receive her pictures tomorrow as stated of everything purchased as we went overboard to give her an elegant backyard wedding and was incorporating some items she didn’t request. This is nothing new many of our brides we tell you we throw in extra. Please go on our Facebook Business Page to review our work. You can’t please everybody but we try. Ms Williams wedding is a long ways off. It’s absorbed that she would start complaining at this time. We will honor our contract with Ms Williams as written and then some. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Divine-Decorating-Services-LLC/350912515013974

Demitrius V. · Getting married on 01/04/2022

Judge's Ruling for Marcie Vaughan! RETURN ALL MONIES

Took Vendor to court and Judge ruled for Cheryl Strodder to return all monies, which equates to $2,057 including court cost. To show her incompetence she was not even prepared for court. Vendor did not bring anything to court to show that she had even started on the job. She was initially hired in January 2020 for a wedding to take place on April 25th, 2020. I should have known she was incompetent when she had dates twice wrong in my Contract and had her to redo, Yes, wedding had to be rescheduled due to COVID-19, but also due to she has nothing ready for us to review close to wedding date. When asked to see items she made she BLOCKED my phone, and emails and called me a 2 year old child. What professional would say these things to her customer. The JUDGE asked her to provide PROOF of items she made she was unable to do so. I sent her an email on 7/23/200 that she had 15 days to return monies given her until August 3rd, 2020. She still being rebellious, and refusing to obey even a JUDGES order . She replied in her email 7/23/2020 that she's waiting to hear from the JUDGE. If I take her back to court she may lose her business, so why not do the right thing and pay the CLIENT what the JUDGE ordered you to do? No business, Bride, or organization should go through this much confusion in having ANY event planned. If you do decide to use her your first question should be did you return all monies back to Mrs. Vaughan as court ordered. If she says no you should quickly hang up your phone and hire someone else. Ask her id she did pay the client, do she mind if you call her to ask? Let's see if she does the right thing on or before August 3rd, 2020 if she does't that says alot about this Christian Business, If you would like to speak with me , please feel free to call me at 804-878-5200. I have email, contracts, text messages and email when she went behind my back to contact one of my vendors after she was told not to do so. She defiant, disrespectful, incompetent, unorganized, and refused to resolve problems to keep you from having to take her to court. AGAIN! BE CAREFUL AND HIRE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Sent on 07/24/2020

Divine Decorating Services LLC's reply:

Marcia Vaughan is not telling the truth. Yes the judge ruled in her favor not because he found us incompetent or unprepared, but because he stated it would be better to sever all ties. Ms Vaughan cried and lied during the trial and was almost thrown out. I refuse to stoop to her level. I will not lie to win a case. Ms Vaughn is well aware that she received pictures of the all the items we ordered for her event.
    We will return her money but she should know this what goes around come around and most of the time worst. You learn in business that everyone is not honest and some times you may take the blame. But no worry we know the truth and those brides that we have worked with before will vouch for our services.