28 Reviews for Beso Del Sol Resort

Tables (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
24 Beso Del Sol Resort Reviews

We had planned a beach wedding on Honeymoon Island, when that fell through due to weather, Pam at Besa Del Sol came through with a seriously last minute (same day) booking of their facility to accommodate us. It was a mid week wedding so we were lucky they had space. They had already set up for a wedding event, but worked to ensure our wedding went off without a glitch. Having visited their Marker 8 Tiki Bar in the past, and loved the view of the water, we were aware of the great views and waterfront location.

Profile Picture Eric, 5/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's a beautiful venue. Excellent staff. Everything went perfectly! The rooms are lovely!

Profile Picture Cindy, 2/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Beso Del Sol for our wedding reception and they were great to work with. The venue is priced well, the organizer Pam Dawson was very nice and helpful. The only thing we would suggest is staying at another hotel overnight. The hotel rooms are pricey for what you get. They are decent rooms but, I have stayed at much nicer places for $215 per night. Also, our keycard was continually having issues and we had to have it changed out multiple times during our 2 night stay.

Profile Picture Vivian, 2/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Pam was so flexible and answered every question I had leading to the event! Her staff was professional, courteous, and the ceremony on the dock, in spite of some rough winds, went beautifully. My friend Vickie didn't have to do much with the vendor dropping off cake and letting others in because Pam's staff was taking care of that! The reception area was beautiful and our wedding theme blended effortlessly with it. Their bar attendant was excellent! I can't stop raving about them! Our guests were impressed!

Profile Picture Susana, 1/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Beso del Sol were friendly, helpful, and professional. Pam was great in getting the day organized, and Heidi made sure everything went smoothly on the day. The venue is absolutely beautiful with stunning views over the Gulf. We had a lot of guests from the UK, and they couldn't stop gushing about it! We had around 45 guests and the venue still felt very spacious.

Profile Picture Janel, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Accommodations

Everyone at the resort was very courteous and had all of my guests raving about coming back. The resort and venue is gorgeous and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and we even got to meet the owner who was incredibly kind! We will be back

Profile Picture Jamie , 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was amazing! Pam was so helpful throughout the process with my never ending emails and questions. Everyone's rooms were ready early allowing them to check in and not be late for the ceremony. We stayed in the penthouse the night before and the night of our wedding. It is a grand space that helped to make our wedding weekend amazing. The venue is gorgeous and perfect for an intimate wedding. The views are second to none and made for a gorgeous backdrop for pictures.

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Beso Del Sol Resort is located in a beautiful quiet beach town which makes for an incredible wedding location. The resort is surrounded by water and the indoor venue has an amazing view. More importantly, the staff compliments the setting. Our wedding was scheduling to be outside but the wind did not cooperate that day. Nevertheless, the staff made a quick adjustment and moved our wedding inside the venue. The seamless transition, friendly staff, and amazing setting made this day perfect.
Thanks,
George and Rachelle Floyd

Profile Picture User5017779, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We decided on this venue before they recently updated it... We were extremely pleased with the new look of the venue when we arrived! Absolutely gorgeous place and value. The staff was prompt and courteous. Beso Del Sol was definitely the best choice of reception venue for us!

Profile Picture Clyde & Robin, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Beso Del Sol is a wonderful place to have your wedding reception or even your wedding. The room is right on the water with a beautiful view. Two stories with plenty of space. Pam Dawson took care of us and made sure everything worked out perfectly for us.

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place for my wedding! Getting married as the sun set on the pool deck, gorgeous! An the event space for our reception fit our amount of people perfectly. Pam was great to work with, really helped us out when it came to helping us out with how the tables and everything were going to be set up for proper planning.

Profile Picture Kelsi, 11/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding reception in The Sunset Room. IT WAS PERFECT!! The room is so unique & has spectacular views!! Everyone that we worked with (especially Walter & Pam) were just so sweet & friendly!! The majority of our guests stayed at the resort (including us) & it's beautiful. It's much more personal as it is a very small resort. However for us this made it more unique & personal (which is what we were going for). If you want a unique wedding that people will talk about look no further. Everyone there is extremely nice & helpful! We would HIGHLY recommend Beso Del Sol for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/1/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Enjoyed our small wedding at the vrnue. Everyone of our guest enjoyed the ambiance and we all had a good time. Pam will respond within the day to any of your concerns gives you suggestions too if you need one. Easy to communicate. The view was breathtaking, it made the occasional a memorable one. We went down by the tiki bar for a picture of the sunset and the band sang for us. It's very nice too that we are able to stay in the hotel with all our out of town guess, most of our guess are from out of town and we are able to spend more time with them.

Profile Picture Irene, 4/30/16, 1 Review

Beautiful venue... ............

Profile Picture Desirae, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a absolutely wonderful event! Pam was so very helpful! Her suggestions were right on the mark! And Edda was fantastic! She was a delight to have there! We used the caterer and the DJ from Pam's preferred list and both were fantastic! Everyone commented on what a beautiful view. My wedding was just as I had imagined it!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect event. My only concern was the person who floated while guests were arriving and hung around. I thought it was rather invasive. Other than that it was fabulous!

Profile Picture Debbie, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely beautiful location and beautiful room.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
4.3

The venue was beautiful, we enjoyed to the 2 story set up. Pam was very flexable letting us view the venue many times & let us in with plenty of time to decorate.

Profile Picture Jamie, 1/16/15, 2 Reviews
4.2

Beautiful venue. It was the perfect size of our 50-60 person wedding. The renovations really made the room great! Pam was very easy to work with and responsive. My only gripe is that the bar was out of a beer they had promised and replaced it with something of less value and taste at the reception without contacting us. However, I would recommend this venue. The view from the room of the intercostal really made the night.

Profile Picture Kendall, 4/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was beautiful and my wedding was a dream! Everything l could dream of...was! The waterviews were amazing, the sunset was breathtaking! Mrs. Dawson was very responsive with my emails and did accomodate my multiple requests for visits. My only suggestions would be to allow the front desk staff to show the venue for drop-ins to see if available, instead of by appointment only. Also, although affordable catering was great (highly reccomend), it would be nice to allow use of customers choice for catering company and charge a non-refundable non-perferred caterer upcharge fee. These two things take away ftom the flexibility one has. All in all l would definitely use the venue again, l would reccomend it 100 percent! Thank you to all the Beso Del Sol staff for making my day so special!

Profile Picture keosha, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used them for block hotel room and not for our wedding ceremony or reception. Since we had our rehearsal dinner there, our guests received an additional discount on their rooms. Such a fun and relaxing place. Plus Dunedin is adorable and gives guests a beachy/small town vibe with plenty of activities. Kids and adult friendly!

Profile Picture Catherine, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great location! Plenty of room for event and decorated nicely. Since we had a casual, beach themed wedding, we didn't need to add much to the decor. They let us use the pier behind Marker 8 for the ceremony at no additional charge too. Since no kitchen at venue, caterers need to bring food already prepared, but our caterers had no issues. I would recommend this venue for many events.

Profile Picture Niccole, 5/23/14, 2 Reviews
3.6

We had no issues reserving the venue, it is a beautiful location on the water, our guests were able to reserve rooms also.....oue bartender was amazing she and Michelle did a great job making wure that noone was ever without a drink or refreshment........the only thing that I did not like about it was the fact that you have your wedding with guests arriving and there is no parking allowed on the site for those NOT staying at the resort, they had to walk from a lot about a 1/2 block away and unfortunately in heels, (for the ladies) and in the rain (unfortunately the one day of the week it rained) that was a bummer..the response my guests were told were, "well they should have gotten a valet"...my response to that is you have a venue that you want the public to book and you do not have adequate parking and a nasty response when asked about it, perhaps a little customer service training would be helpful (this was not indicative of everyone) and at the end of our wedding we were herded out by a woman just saying "OK everyone out lets go the time is over everyone needs to get out of the room and either go somewhere else or downstairs, I was part of the group being herded out so I know that it happened, I was trying to gather my gifts and make sure that all of my centerpieces found there way home with guests, needless to say I was not happy that I was hurried along,.................it was also a little hectic to get an email telling me to make sure the caterer knows that they cannot use the venues dumpster, hmmm that's not normal, and our linen vendor needed to be back at exactly the minute the event ended, when I did call him to let him know he assured me that it was ok that he went the next day, well wouldn't you know it I saw him at exactly the time I was being herded out and I asked him what happened, he told me that he needed to be back or they would charge ME a fee for late clean up, so not very flexible in these areas...

Profile Picture User4725502, 2+ years ago, 1 Review