The Edge Hotel is an exquisite waterfront-wedding venue located in heart of Clearwater Beach, Florida. Exchange your vows against the beautiful backdrop of the Gulf of Mexico for a truly memorable wedding day. Wedding planners will assist in organizing the details of the event so you can enjoy this special day. Lodging and culinary delights are additional features of the Edge Hotel.
Facilities and Capacity
Host a wedding event in one of the many venue spaces of the Edge Hotel. An exceptional and memorable outdoor space is The Water’s Edge Deck, which floats directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This space offers 2,500 square feet for your wedding celebration and a view of the stunning water and city of Clearwater. The Water’s Edge Ballroom is an indoor space that can accommodate up to 140 people or be separated into three different event spaces. This 1,700-square-foot area of the Edge Hotel also offers views of the Gulf of Mexico, Clearwater Beach and Clearwater Harbor. To take advantage of the gorgeous surroundings, step out onto the adjoining covered veranda for additional space. The Water’s Edge Pre-Function area features striking views and 950 square feet, which can host up to 80 people.
Customize your engagement party, bridal shower, elopement, rehearsal dinner, ceremony or reception at the Edge Hotel. Collaborate with wedding planners as you organize the wedding of your dreams. Couples and guests who wish to lodge at the wedding event venue will appreciate the accommodations of the Edge Hotel. Other services provided by this venue include the following:
The skilled chefs and culinary staff of this venue prepare cuisine that is both fresh and indicative of the Edge Hotel’s coastal location. A buffet, plated or course-style dining experience is available through this venue’s culinary service. The banquet staff extends expertise to help ensure a relaxing dining experience. Necessary service items of barware, china, flatware, glassware and linens are provided by this venue.
3 Reviews for Edge Hotel
Recommended by 80% of couples
3 User photos
Mia Marshall · Married on 10/20/2018
Wonderful experience at the Edge Hotel. We enjoyed working with the staff and would recommend this venue for your special day.Sent on 04/15/2019
Edge Hotel's reply:Thank you, Mia. You were such a joy to work with during the planning. Thank
Sierra Tiffany · Married on 03/30/2019
Pretty easy going, our location was stunning!Sent on 04/05/2019
Edge Hotel's reply:Thank you, Sierra. Really enjoyed working with you and your family. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness! Congrats!
Brittani · Married on 10/19/2019
I got married at the Edge on October 19, 2019. I used to work at weddings for a venue and catering company so my expectations were extremely high.Sent on 11/14/2019
ON-SITE WEDDING COORDINATOR:
• She is very quick to respond
• She was very accommodating to any requests (EX. we were wanting a guest table to seat 10)
• She did not direct the bridal party through the rehearsal, she told me what needed to happen and I yelled at everyone. She did not take charge and run the wedding like you would expect from a wedding coordinator.
• She was not dressed for a wedding. In my opinion if you are the wedding coordinator you should be showing up in professional attire, this is your job and you are going to work. If guests were wearing jeans and tshirts that would be one thing but it was a formal wedding.
• She did not arrive to the hotel the day of the wedding until after 1pm (ceremony started at 6pm)
• She was supposed to make the decision on whether or not the ceremony was moved inside due to weather. The day of the wedding it was extremely windy from a tropical storm that was passing through the night before. Our wedding was suppose to be outside on their dock overlooking the water and the coordinator was texting both myself and my husband to ask us if we were still going to be having the ceremony outside or if we were to move it in. This was at 12pm, ceremony started at 6pm. I was in the middle of getting my hair and makeup down and was trying to stay out of the decision and the wedding coordinator was not even on the property at this time. My husband and I were having a really hard time trying to make the decision and we were both getting very stressed out about it and she told us if we chose to go outside there was no way we could move it inside after, we would be forced to go outside. In the middle of hair and makeup I went downstairs and outside to check out the dock. The wind and water were so rough that water was barreling over the railings on the dock, high tide was at 4:45pm that day and the water was already seeping up through the boards. I felt like this was a decision the wedding coordinator should have made and she should have been on site at the time the ceremony site needed to be set up to make that decision. She was not. Instead I stopped getting ready and made that decision myself.
• She was not where she was supposed to be when the bridal party was lining up at 5
• She was suppose to be blocking off elevators so hotel guests weren't walking through the ceremony site. I was standing in a corner in my dress when 3 guests in wet swimsuits and inflatables walked right past me. I get it's a hotel and there is a pool but if you say you are going to direct hotel traffic away from the event then DO IT.
We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We had 77 guests come to the wedding and 42 of them stayed at the hotel that entire weekend. FORTY TWO. And more than half complained to use about the workers at the hotel, front desk, our wedding coordinator, and bartenders at the two bars.
• I was asked rudely by a front desk worker if I was staying at the hotel and what my room number was
• I witnessed one bartender at the rooftop bar yell at two of my guests for cheering during a football game they were showing on the multiple tvs. He told them that they were being too loud and people were trying to enjoy their food. It's a rooftop bar outside and every single TV had a football game on and they even had a projection screen on the wall with another football game. Sorry, but if you don't want people up there drinking, watching the game and having a good time then maybe don't advertise on your FB to come watch sports games at your rooftop bar.
• The food was phenomenal. Everyone loved the menu we picked and had nothing but great things to say about it. Very delicious, the chefs were spot on.
• Our bartenders for the reception were also fantastic. Very welcoming, funny and conversational and also very attentive. They took care of us and looked like they were having a blast serving as well.
• The LEAD server got an attitude with my Dad (Father of Bride), I'm not sure about the details but I know he asked her not to come back into the ballroom. I don't care who was wrong in the situation, but for a staff member to get an attitude with any guest, especially the one paying the $13,000 tab for food and drinks, is 10000% UNACCEPTABLE. There is always a way to work things out while still being polite, respectful and understanding. It's customer service.
• We were able to decorate the ballroom the Friday before the wedding which was great. All the tables were already set up with linens and it was totally ready for us.
• We had a veranda that went the length of the ballroom for quests to go out on and overlook Clearwater Beach and the city. We took almost all of our formal wedding photos on there but there was bird poop literally everywhere. They power washed the dock that we did not get married but did not power wash our huge balcony where we took pictures. Everyone was stepping over poop the entire time and we couldn't stand too close to the railing because my dress would have been sitting in it.
Would I recommend this venue to a friend? I would love to say YES, because the hotel is beautiful and it’s a 2 minute walk to the beach, in a great area, the infinity pool is really lovely BUT as a Bride, I would not recommend it. This is the most amazing day of your life and to ensure things go according to YOUR plan you need a better team to back you up.
Edge Hotel's reply:Thank you for your response, Brittani. While I do appreciate your feedback,
Edge Hotel Price Rates