Edge Hotel

505 S. Gulfview Blvd., Clearwater Beach, FL 33767 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Edge Hotel

The Edge Hotel is an exquisite waterfront-wedding venue located in heart of Clearwater Beach, Florida. Exchange your vows against the beautiful backdrop of the Gulf of Mexico for a truly memorable wedding day. Wedding planners will assist in organizing the details of the event so you can enjoy this special day. Lodging and culinary delights are additional features of the Edge Hotel.

Facilities and Capacity
Host a wedding event in one of the many venue spaces of the Edge Hotel. An exceptional and memorable outdoor space is The Water’s Edge Deck, which floats directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This space offers 2,500 square feet for your wedding celebration and a view of the stunning water and city of Clearwater. The Water’s Edge Ballroom is an indoor space that can accommodate up to 140 people or be separated into three different event spaces. This 1,700-square-foot area of the Edge Hotel also offers views of the Gulf of Mexico, Clearwater Beach and Clearwater Harbor. To take advantage of the gorgeous surroundings, step out onto the adjoining covered veranda for additional space. The Water’s Edge Pre-Function area features striking views and 950 square feet, which can host up to 80 people.

Customize your engagement party, bridal shower, elopement, rehearsal dinner, ceremony or reception at the Edge Hotel. Collaborate with wedding planners as you organize the wedding of your dreams. Couples and guests who wish to lodge at the wedding event venue will appreciate the accommodations of the Edge Hotel. Other services provided by this venue include the following:

• Bridal suite at discounted rate
  • Set-up/Cleanup
  • In-house bar
  • In-house catering
  • Outside vendors welcome
  • Wireless Internet
  • Gulf Front Views

Cuisine
The skilled chefs and culinary staff of this venue prepare cuisine that is both fresh and indicative of the Edge Hotel’s coastal location. A buffet, plated or course-style dining experience is available through this venue’s culinary service. The banquet staff extends expertise to help ensure a relaxing dining experience. Necessary service items of barware, china, flatware, glassware and linens are provided by this venue.

w24

• Sierra

Sierra Tiffany · Married on 03/30/2019

3.0

Beautiful!

Pretty easy going, our location was stunning!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Edge Hotel's reply:

Thank you, Sierra. Really enjoyed working with you and your family. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness! Congrats!
  • Brittani

Brittani · Married on 10/19/2019

2.4
      1.0
      3.0
      2.0
      2.0

Major Letdown

I got married at the Edge on October 19, 2019. I used to work at weddings for a venue and catering company so my expectations were extremely high.

ON-SITE WEDDING COORDINATOR:
    • She is very quick to respond
    • She was very accommodating to any requests (EX. we were wanting a guest table to seat 10)
    • She did not direct the bridal party through the rehearsal, she told me what needed to happen and I yelled at everyone. She did not take charge and run the wedding like you would expect from a wedding coordinator.
    • She was not dressed for a wedding. In my opinion if you are the wedding coordinator you should be showing up in professional attire, this is your job and you are going to work. If guests were wearing jeans and tshirts that would be one thing but it was a formal wedding.
    • She did not arrive to the hotel the day of the wedding until after 1pm (ceremony started at 6pm)
    • She was supposed to make the decision on whether or not the ceremony was moved inside due to weather. The day of the wedding it was extremely windy from a tropical storm that was passing through the night before. Our wedding was suppose to be outside on their dock overlooking the water and the coordinator was texting both myself and my husband to ask us if we were still going to be having the ceremony outside or if we were to move it in. This was at 12pm, ceremony started at 6pm. I was in the middle of getting my hair and makeup down and was trying to stay out of the decision and the wedding coordinator was not even on the property at this time. My husband and I were having a really hard time trying to make the decision and we were both getting very stressed out about it and she told us if we chose to go outside there was no way we could move it inside after, we would be forced to go outside. In the middle of hair and makeup I went downstairs and outside to check out the dock. The wind and water were so rough that water was barreling over the railings on the dock, high tide was at 4:45pm that day and the water was already seeping up through the boards. I felt like this was a decision the wedding coordinator should have made and she should have been on site at the time the ceremony site needed to be set up to make that decision. She was not. Instead I stopped getting ready and made that decision myself.
    • She was not where she was supposed to be when the bridal party was lining up at 5
    • She was suppose to be blocking off elevators so hotel guests weren't walking through the ceremony site. I was standing in a corner in my dress when 3 guests in wet swimsuits and inflatables walked right past me. I get it's a hotel and there is a pool but if you say you are going to direct hotel traffic away from the event then DO IT.

HOTEL STAFF:
    We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We had 77 guests come to the wedding and 42 of them stayed at the hotel that entire weekend. FORTY TWO. And more than half complained to use about the workers at the hotel, front desk, our wedding coordinator, and bartenders at the two bars.
    • I was asked rudely by a front desk worker if I was staying at the hotel and what my room number was
    • I witnessed one bartender at the rooftop bar yell at two of my guests for cheering during a football game they were showing on the multiple tvs. He told them that they were being too loud and people were trying to enjoy their food. It's a rooftop bar outside and every single TV had a football game on and they even had a projection screen on the wall with another football game. Sorry, but if you don't want people up there drinking, watching the game and having a good time then maybe don't advertise on your FB to come watch sports games at your rooftop bar.

RECEPTION:
    • The food was phenomenal. Everyone loved the menu we picked and had nothing but great things to say about it. Very delicious, the chefs were spot on.
    • Our bartenders for the reception were also fantastic. Very welcoming, funny and conversational and also very attentive. They took care of us and looked like they were having a blast serving as well.
    • The LEAD server got an attitude with my Dad (Father of Bride), I'm not sure about the details but I know he asked her not to come back into the ballroom. I don't care who was wrong in the situation, but for a staff member to get an attitude with any guest, especially the one paying the $13,000 tab for food and drinks, is 10000% UNACCEPTABLE. There is always a way to work things out while still being polite, respectful and understanding. It's customer service.

BALLROOM:
    • We were able to decorate the ballroom the Friday before the wedding which was great. All the tables were already set up with linens and it was totally ready for us.
    • We had a veranda that went the length of the ballroom for quests to go out on and overlook Clearwater Beach and the city. We took almost all of our formal wedding photos on there but there was bird poop literally everywhere. They power washed the dock that we did not get married but did not power wash our huge balcony where we took pictures. Everyone was stepping over poop the entire time and we couldn't stand too close to the railing because my dress would have been sitting in it.

Would I recommend this venue to a friend? I would love to say YES, because the hotel is beautiful and it’s a 2 minute walk to the beach, in a great area, the infinity pool is really lovely BUT as a Bride, I would not recommend it. This is the most amazing day of your life and to ensure things go according to YOUR plan you need a better team to back you up.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Edge Hotel's reply:

Thank you for your response, Brittani. While I do appreciate your feedback,
    the items you addressed were discussed with you during the planning
    process. As for the rehearsal, I was a part and led direction, even had
    you run though three times. For that ceremony, I did say this was your call
    as I am not going to make a final call for your ceremony, this is the hotel
    policy because we do not want to be responsible for that huge of a decision
    for your special day. I did suggested on multiple occasions that we should
    move inside, as I had very open communication with my General Manager
    throughout the day on the condition of the deck, but we needed you to make
    the final call/ approve. I had asked if you needed me on site earlier that
    day, and you said that you were fine with my arrival time. I had open
    communication with you for the entire process, so this all came as a shock
    to me on the wedding day. As for the attire, I was not wearing jean, as
    stated and can recall the outfit worn that day. Dress Capri pants and a
    simple black shirt for a beach resort is normal work attire, so my
    apologize if this was not to standard, I was trying to be comfortable for
    the event prep . I had assistance with me and we were helping hold the door
    and blocking guests and were there when you were lined up. As a public
    hotel, we are not able to shut off an elevator as your bridesmaid
    requested; which I mentioned. .. was even waiting with the DJ and gathered
    your guests in the lobby for lineup... I was with the DJ, right by the
    ceremony....

As for the table of 10, I had requested quotes for tables, S we do not have
    them onsite and was able to borrow one free of charge. Which was later
    declined. I got started on your request right away and was happy to do so...

I know that the other issues were address with your father and our General
    Manger.

In regards to the alcohol, After reviewing all documents and the banquet
    event order, the requested vodka was never requested (only asked for
    special beer/ rum- spelled out on signed banquet event order) We did
    however, add all the vodka we had onsite to the bar and were able to offer
    this to you. I do apologize that the other staff member did not respond in
    a professional manner, be we did accommodate the request.

I do apologize that your day was not what you had hoped, as we did work
    very hard together on this and had open communication though the entire
    process. I do feel disappointment on my end as well.

Thank you for taking the time to address these issues and we will take them
    into account for future events.

I wish you the best of luck and want to congratulate you again on your
    marriage.

Edge Hotel Pricing

Edge Hotel Price Rates

Edge Hotel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 1200.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 1200.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 850.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 13.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    House Beer
    House Liquor
    House Wine
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Beach
    Hotel
    Rooftop
    Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Altar/Arch
    Centerpieces
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January