A Piece O' Cake Reviews

A Piece O' Cake 3
A Piece O' Cake 4
A Piece O' Cake 5

Geoffrey · Married on 08/26/2017

I’m so happy that I selected A Piece of Cake. Betsy sat with me and listened to everything I liked and wanted in a wedding cake. I loved the swiss dots. I loved the elegant look of a white cake. Some color in the cake was really pretty, but I kept saying too much color took away the elegance. Betsy knew exactly what I wanted and whenever I came up with another grand idea she gently steered me back to what I really wanted. When I arrived at the reception hall I was amazed at how beautiful everything turned out, but when I saw the cake I almost cried because it was so perfectly beautiful and everything that I wanted. I dragged several of my guest over to my cake to show them how beautiful it was. Several of my guest told me how beautiful and delicious it was. I would highly recommend Betsy to anyone who would like a perfectly beautiful wedding cake that taste amazing.

A Piece O' Cake 6

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

Our wedding in August was made extra special because of Betsy and her fabulous team. She spent the extra time with me while planning to ensure I had exactly the flavours and style I was dreaming of. She even made suggestions for combinations and our top cake that I hadn't even thought about. From our taste test to delivery to our day, I want to give a huge shout out to A Piece of Cake. My only regret is not ordering more cake to save for our anniversary as our guests devoured every crumb!

A Piece O' Cake 7
    A Piece O' Cake 8

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2017

Betsy is wonderful to work with, she is super sweet and is an expertise in her field. We had her make cupcakes and a wedding cake for our reception. She created a very cute display with her serving trays and the cake was absolutely delicious! After we cut the cake, the cupcakes were gone within minutes. I heard nothing but great compliments from our guests. I would highly recommend A Piece O' Cake to any future Bride!

A Piece O' Cake 9
    A Piece O' Cake 10

Emily · Married on 05/27/2017

Betsy was a pleasure to work with, positive, creative, talented, and confident. Her cake was a huge success and was beautifully decorated as well as delicious. It was a great experience!

This bakery was perfect! It was wonderful to work with Betsy, she was quick to respond to emails and was helpful in helping me create the look of my wedding cake. The cake turned out better than I could imagine, so beautiful and delicious. The fondant was the best I have ever tasted in my life, usually I hate wedding cake frosting and have to take it off but with hers I loved the texture it added to the cake. I am so happy I chose this bakery for my wedding!

Jody · Married on 10/01/2016

Betsy delivered exactly what I was picturing for my wedding cake! She paid attention to what detail I was looking for and asked all the right questions. There was a mix up with the flowers to be placed on the cake and she worked her magic and fixed everything. I would highly recommend A Piece O' Cake for any event.

Betsy is absolutely wonderful. She works with you to understand your preferences and then designs your dream cake. I would 100% recommend her to anyone getting married. She is truly the best in mid-Michigan.

Nicole · Married on 09/17/2016

Betsy is such a great person to work with! Her cake and cupcakes were a hit with everyone!! Great service!

Kristen · Married on 09/17/2016

5 Stars all of the way! Piece O' Cake rocks and I would recommend it to anyone! My cake was a such a special part of our day and we received so many compliments about how beautiful our cake was along with how great it tasted (compared to most wedding cakes that look pretty but don't taste very good). Betsey was so lovely to work with and totally made my vision come to life. She genuinely cared about making my day perfect in every way and worked directly with my vendors to make the day run smoothly. You can tell she def has a passion for this and her enthusiasm for making wedding cakes shines through in every way! Her rosettes frosting design was anything like I had ever seen and the flavors were out of this world. We did a mix of wedding white and chocolate Kahlua fudge with white buttercream frosting! Mmmmmm! I wish I could attach a picture of my cake!

Sarah · Married on 08/21/2016

From start to finish, Betsy was an absolute blessing to work with. I had a fairly strict budget (I will admit my cake budget was on the higher end) and she really worked with me to stick to that budget. We had a day of tasting and got the plan set that day. We stayed in communication up until the big day and Betsy was more than helpful with any question I had. The cake was possibly my favorite part of the entire day and it was even better than I had imagined. I am still in awe of how beautiful it was. I will be returning in the future for any of my bakery needs. Our cake was raspberry with a raspberry swirl frosting. It was amazing, but so was every other flavor that we tried. You really cannot go wrong!

So nice, very helpful and willing to flex to our changing ideas in seconds! Very patient and everyone LOVED the cake. It was beautiful and delicious! Thank you!

Taryn · Married on 08/20/2016

From our cake tasting all the way through our wedding night Betsy did everything that she could to make us happy. Her customer service and attention to detail was great! Her cake and cupcakes tasted amazing. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved the cupcakes.

Maria · Married on 08/06/2016

Betsy and her staff are absolutely amazing! If I could add pics our cakes, I would because they weren't only a tasty delight, they were works of art! The only place I would go to get a celebratory cake!

Jodi · Married on 08/06/2016

OMG!!! Betsy and A Piece O' Cake were fabulous! Our cake was beautiful, and of course super yummy! I would refer anyone here! One of the best parts of our wedding!!! Thank you Betsy and crew! :)

I highly recommend A Piece O' Cake for wedding cakes. The owner, Betsy, is very friendly and wonderful to work with. I emailed her a picture of what I wanted and she nailed it... Our cake was beautiful and delicious!

Emily · Married on 10/17/2015

Betsy and her staff make picking out the flavors and style of out themed wedding cake so much easier. We live out of state, but she made time for us to meet up over the weekend and when we had concerns about how bitter the first tester cake was (we got a red velvet) she broke down her recipe, remade multiple batches and even re-formulated it to make an amazing tasting treat!

Heather · Married on 08/01/2015

I worked with Betsy for our Wedding Cake. The cake was absolutely perfect and a piece of art. We chose a lemon and white wedding cake. The price of the cake matched the quality and presenation as well. Betsy displayed the cake and placed flowers on the buttercream frosting. I enjoyed working with Betsy! I would highly recommend A Piece O Cake for your wedding in the mid-Michigan area.

Regards,
    Heather McLeod

Cara · Married on 07/11/2015

My wedding cake was so beautiful! It was above and beyond what I could have imagined. I got so many complements from my wedding guests on the cake. I tried many of the flavors and they were all delicious. I usually don’t like chocolate cake but the Kahlua Fudge is amazing! Betsy was wonderful to work with; she had great suggestions to add to my ideas. I would highly recommend a Piece O’Cake!

Chelsea · Married on 06/27/2015

Betsy was so fun to work with! She helped us to get exactly what we envisioned while staying in our budget. The cake was even more beautiful than we pictured! Not to mention, when the fresh flowers we wanted for our cake showed up damaged, Betsy went to the store and bought flowers for the cake on the day of the wedding. They baked the truck into the tent so that the cake wouldn't be ruined by the rain. I could go on and on about her. She is definitely the best! Kind. Fun to work with. Beautiful and delicious cake. We will be getting all of our future cakes from her!

My wife and I were married this past May near Lansing, Michigan, and we were so fortunate to have A Piece O’ Cake prepare our wedding cake for us! Neither of us knew much about wedding cakes, and the outstanding chefs at A Piece O’ Cake were so helpful in assisting us with choosing cake flavors, and with designing a beautiful cake that would fit both our wedding theme and our budget. When we arrived at A Piece O’ Cake for our first cake-planning meeting, we were allowed to try samples of the different varieties of cake and frosting that were available - it was truly difficult to pick between them, they were all so delicious! We chose several different varieties to include in our main wedding cake, as well as several sheet cakes. Our guests gave us rave reviews about the cakes – everyone enjoyed them very much! We definitely recommend A Piece O’ Cake - excellent professional service, great variety of products, and delicious results!

Our cake was perfect and delicious! They gave us exactly what we wanted, even though we wanted special fondant toppers on our cupcakes. When I buy another cake from them, I will skip the cupcakes and just get a larger cake. Not because the cupcakes weren't good, but because the cake is so yummy! It did not last long at all at our reception.

Amy · Married on 08/31/2014

I loved working with Kelly! She was so great. We were planning our wedding from a distance, so we couldn't meet with her in person. She corresponded quickly via email and phone with me, and was really flexible when it came time for the tasting over Christmas– she let my husband's brother pick everything up and packaged it all up beautifully.
    We went with cupcakes and a small cake for us to cut. The cupcakes were beautiful and were artfully arranged– there were only 4 or 5 (of 165) left over at the end of the night! The cake we cut was absolutely gorgeous.
    I would highly recommend A Piece O' Cake for wedding cake. The cake was delicious, everything looked beautiful, and she was great to work with!

Delicious. Would recommend.

Kelly, the owner, and I met about 7 months ahead of time. I pretty much knew what I wanted, but she suggested details I didn't think of doing. Having been a bride herself in the last year, she could relate to everything we discussed. The Grooms Cake was spectacular; a replica of Spartan Stadium. Not only was it amazing to look at, it tasted so good! The Wedding Cake was gorgeous and everyone loved how flavorful and moist it was. I had no worries on the day of the wedding, I knew Kelly would come through. She was easy to contact, either by phone or email.

These guys did a fabulous job and really had a great product for a great price!