The Sweet Cake Company

Portland, MI View map

Offering affordable, delicious and made from scratch wedding cakes and elegant wedding flowers.
We specialize in the traditional, wimsical and not-so-traditional.
Our line up includes, fondant covered cakes, mad-hatter "tipped" cakes, purse cakes, hand-made sugar flowers, 3-d cakes and just about anything you can imagine.

• Black-owned

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cupcakes
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Delivery
Setup

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth L. Married on 07/17/2021

Best Cake Hands Down

I reached out to Shayna when I was still uncertain how many people we would be able to have at our wedding due to covid. She quickly suggested a tiered cake and a double layered sheet cake that we could add or subtract given the current regulations, which was fantastic.

Because we planned our wedding from out of state, we had limited time to fit things in while visiting Michigan. We tried three different samples in the same sitting we tried Shayna’s (because of covid tastings were done at home) and there really was no comparison between the moist and fluffy texture of her cakes versus the other two bakers.

The design was also wonderful. I showed a photo to Shayna as inspiration and explained how I wanted our cake to look and she made that vision come to life. It was beautiful. We ended up with a three tier strawberries and cream cake and a double raspberry (raspberry sponge and raspberry filling) sheet cake. Both were amazing and we received many compliments.

Given the taste and appearance of the cake I would have expected the prices to be higher but they were very competitive. I highly recommend Shayna!
    Danielle Married on 08/02/2014
    Very happy with The Sweet Cake. Shayna was great to work with and she did an excellent job. We had cupcakes and a small cake done for our wedding. We had so many compliments on the cupcakes and they were cute too. I appreciated her letting us take the cupcake boxes home to decorate them and bring them back to her. The shape of the small cake didn't turn out how I expected but it was still nice. Overall I'm very happy that I went with The Sweet Cake. Their prices are great too!
    Jennifer Married on 08/30/2013
    Shayna and her team did an AMAZING job! I submitted a photo of what I was hoping my fall-themed cupcake tower would look like and she recreated it beautifully:) Correspondence long-distance was a breeze and her friendly staff arrived early to the venue to get the cupcake tower set up and ready to go by dinner time. I could not have been more satisfied. Lastly, I chose three different cupcake flavors for our cupcake tower and each one of them tasted fresh, delicious, and unique! Bravo Shayna, Bravo:)

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

212 Kent Street , Suite 5 Portland, 48875

By Appointment
Location of (The Sweet Cake Company)

Other vendors in Grand Rapids for your wedding