The Sweet Cake Company Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth L. Married on 07/17/2021

Best Cake Hands Down

I reached out to Shayna when I was still uncertain how many people we would be able to have at our wedding due to covid. She quickly suggested a tiered cake and a double layered sheet cake that we could add or subtract given the current regulations, which was fantastic.

Because we planned our wedding from out of state, we had limited time to fit things in while visiting Michigan. We tried three different samples in the same sitting we tried Shayna’s (because of covid tastings were done at home) and there really was no comparison between the moist and fluffy texture of her cakes versus the other two bakers.

The design was also wonderful. I showed a photo to Shayna as inspiration and explained how I wanted our cake to look and she made that vision come to life. It was beautiful. We ended up with a three tier strawberries and cream cake and a double raspberry (raspberry sponge and raspberry filling) sheet cake. Both were amazing and we received many compliments.

Given the taste and appearance of the cake I would have expected the prices to be higher but they were very competitive. I highly recommend Shayna!
    Danielle Married on 08/02/2014
    Very happy with The Sweet Cake. Shayna was great to work with and she did an excellent job. We had cupcakes and a small cake done for our wedding. We had so many compliments on the cupcakes and they were cute too. I appreciated her letting us take the cupcake boxes home to decorate them and bring them back to her. The shape of the small cake didn't turn out how I expected but it was still nice. Overall I'm very happy that I went with The Sweet Cake. Their prices are great too!
    Jennifer Married on 08/30/2013
    Shayna and her team did an AMAZING job! I submitted a photo of what I was hoping my fall-themed cupcake tower would look like and she recreated it beautifully:) Correspondence long-distance was a breeze and her friendly staff arrived early to the venue to get the cupcake tower set up and ready to go by dinner time. I could not have been more satisfied. Lastly, I chose three different cupcake flavors for our cupcake tower and each one of them tasted fresh, delicious, and unique! Bravo Shayna, Bravo:)
    Christine Married on 07/06/2013
    I planned my wedding from out of state and Shayna was so helpful and flexible with me! I would send her many different pictures of what we liked and she came up with helpful and creative ideas as to how we could make it work.

The cake was delicious! And absolutely beautiful.

Very professional, would recommend to anyone who wanted an amazing cake for their special event!
    Christine Married on 07/06/2013
    Beautiful cake, great price, easy to work with, fast communication, many options, helped me design exactly what I wanted, delicious!
  • User1238363 2+ years ago
    My husband and I used the Sweet Cake Company for our wedding and Shayna is wonderful! We had her create our 5 tiered wedding cake, our grooms cake, and chocolate truffles for our party favors. Everything was simply beautiful and so tasty! We got many compliments on everything she made for us. Shayna is amazing to work with! She defintely knows what she is doing and is so nice! She is very quick to respond back to you as well.

Thanks again the Sweet Cake Company for making our wedding day perfect!

Danny and Katelyn
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 06/19/2010
    The flowers were beautiful, just like I had imagined and told Shayna. I have not a single complaint about my wedding day flowers....well other than I wish they would live forever! My wedding cake and Grooms cake were awesome too. We received many compliments on the cakes and how great they looked.
    Cindy Married on 01/23/2010
    We were so happy with our cupcakes from Sweet Cake Co! So many people came up to us at the reception (and after) to tell us that it was absolutely the best cupcake they had ever had!! She made us a special key lime pie wedding cake that tasted amazing and looked so cool with all of the white sparkly sugar, and it was absolutely no hassle! We talked at the tasting, and then once or twice before the wedding, she showed up on time, the cupcakes looked perfect and tasted even better! I think I'll have to get birthday cakes from her from now on, because I can't go that long without tasting another fabulous creation! Thanks Shayna!!
    Alexandra Married on 09/12/2009
    Shayna was the BEST to work with! Our wedding cake was exactly what we wanted! I was also surprising my fiance with a grooms cheesecake (since it's his favorite) and asked Shayna if I had a cheesecake, could she cover it with chocolate fondant and make it look like a vintage travel suitcase. She was more than willing to try and it turned out beautiful!! Not to mention tasted fabulous!! Her fondant is the BEST!! I didn't want a fondant wedding cake until I tasted it from The Sweet Cake Company. They have my business for life :)
    Angie Married on 10/16/2010
    She is an amazing cake maker! Everyone wants to have her number, and we live I think 40 miles away. It's way more than worth it. She made us a beautiful cake, cupcakes for the kids & our flowers. We had chocolate covered strawberries on top of & surrounding our cake as well. She's very friendly and completely professional. Do yourself a favor and order cake from her, it's lovely!
  • Lori
    Lori Married on 09/11/2010
    Yummy, Delicious Cakes! Beautiful bouquets, bouts and centerpieces!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 11/11/2011
    I gave Shayna a picture of the cake that I wanted and specified a few differences. It looked perfect! Our wedding cake was so beautiful that I didn't want to cut it!! She was very flexible and accommodating with our very short window of time when the cake could be dropped off. I was very impressed by her beautiful and tasty work (I highly recommend the superman flavor!) The only slight negative that I have was that her responsiveness was a touch slow...i.e. reply 1-2 days later rather than same day. That being said, I was a very slow/scatterbrained communicator and she was never once pushy!
    Abbie Married on 08/08/2009
    This company couldn't have been more easier and cost effective to work with. If you have a design in mind, she can recreate it for you far cheaper than any other place I found. She also has a ton of unique flavors and everyone raved at how great my cake was.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 06/19/2008
    Shayna met with us to discuss what we wanted for our cake and flowers, she was very patient and offered many suggestions and pictures to help us design our perfect cake. The cake turned out beautifully and tasted so very good. Her prices are very affordable. She also did our flowers and provided very beautiful bouquets and centerpieces at prices below other area florists. I most definitely recommend her flower and cake services.
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 12/31/2010
    The Sweet Cake Company makes amazing cupcakes! We ordered 250 cupcakes for my wedding and we only had about 20-30 left at the end of the night. They were so moist and just melted in you mouth! Her flavors she has to choose from are very unique: she has a cupcake based off of the superman flavored ice cream and my one complaint was there weren't enough of those cupcakes to go around. Everyone loved it and wanted more! The decorations on the cake were perfect and better then I could have ever imagined!
    Monica Married on 11/28/2009
    Shayna was so kind and very easy to work with. Her cakes are VERY delicious. Our cake didn't look exactly like the picture I provided, but it was still pretty and the price was right!