6120 Meadowbrook Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022 Map · Phone number

About The Painted Horse Bakery

We are a home based Bakery working under The Cottage Law located in Benton Harbor Michigan. I have been baking cakes for over 30 years. I also teach all of the Wilton cake classes at our local Michaels.

I started baking in high school as a hobby and the more I baked, the more people would want to buy. I slowed down when I had my children but now that they are all grown up I decided to start teaching. I fell in love with baking again. I started working with fondant and gumpaste for the first time and now I create things that I never thought were possible.

Follow The Painted Horse Bakery on

3 Reviews for The Painted Horse Bakery

The Painted Horse Bakery 1
The Painted Horse Bakery 2

Katrina · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing deserts and tasty treats!

Davone was an amazing baker and met with us before the wedding and provided a ton of amazing samples. After we chose what we wanted she provided excellent service the day of and all of the deserts were simply delicious! We highly recommend her for all of your wedding desert needs!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Brittney

Brittney Posten · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Flavor and Beautiful Wedding Cake

Our cake was so beautiful and delicious. We worked with the owner, Davone, to get samples of the fillings so that we could make our decision and she was great! We had something come up the night of our tasting and she was very understanding and packaged up our cupcakes so that we could taste them later. It was hard to choose because they were all phenomenal! We had a little bride and groom from my grandma and grandpa's wedding and then we had a new cake topper and she made them look so great! I highly recommend The Painted Horse Bakery for your baked needs!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    The Painted Horse Bakery 3
    The Painted Horse Bakery 4

The Painted Horse Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much!
    Your plate you provided was beautiful.
    You might have started a new tradition using your Grandparents cake top. This could have been your something old.
    Congratulations!!

Corrine · Married on 05/17/2014

DaVone from the Painted Horse Bakery was absolutely wonderful to work with! She went above and beyond to help us make our day wonderful. She created a wonderful dessert bar for us! Guests from the reception are still talking about how great all the desserts were! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 05/25/2014

The Painted Horse Bakery FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake, Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands