A Moment in Time Wedding & Events Reviews

28 | Santee, CA

28 Reviews for A Moment in Time Wedding & Events

Kerry · Married on 10/15/2017

I am super happy with picking Carla as my coordinator. She did so much more than she was supposed to and stayed so calm during the whole process. We had a large wedding with a lot of detail, Carla and her assistants did an amazing job organizing, decorating, managing and many many more.... they all stayed till 3 in the morning and took care of everything for us. Thanks sooo much!!!

• I

Ingrid · Married on 10/05/2013

My now husband and I were beyond impressed with Carla's responsiveness, professionalism, and attention to detail. Our wedding turned out better than we could have ever imagined. We had multiple guests tell us it was the best wedding they had ever attended.

As two busy professionals, we hired Carla for full service wedding planning and we both thought it was the best money we spent. She referred us to amazing vendors and kept us informed of all the next steps we needed to take well in advance, so we were prepared when our wedding arrived. We would highly recommend Carla and her services to anyone.

Lila · Married on 09/28/2013

Everything went great with the Event planner! although the limo company that my husband and I chose was very hard to work with and the event planner had very little interaction with them, the driver was about 30 min. late picking up the bridesmaids and delayed the wedding. I would never use this Limo service again!

Sent on 10/07/2013

A Moment in Time Wedding & Events's reply:

I am happy you were satisfied with our service! I am also sorry for the poor service the transportation company you selected provided to the bridal party. The transportation company was given explicit detailed pick up and drop off instructions verbally and via email prior to Saturday. I was on the phone several times on the wedding day trying to rectify the problem and was given several different stories; in the end with the driver arriving 30 minutes late.
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 09/20/2013

My wedding would not have been as beautiful or as successful if it were not for Carla D. From the moment I met her she was sweet, kind and very helpful. From vendors to my bridal gown, Carla helped me personlize and perfect every aspect. She responded quickly via texts, emails and phone and even my fiance was in contact with her. She's calm amidst high-stressful situations and always finds solutions in last-minute situations. She was my shoulder to lean on and was always willing to listen and give advice. Thank you Carla, for making our special day absolutely perfect!

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 09/07/2013

I can not even begin to explain how grateful I am to this woman! Carla has the CUTEST ideas and style and I could not have picked anyone better. She is always on top of things, always responds quickly, and super nice and laid back. I pretty much let her do her thing and our wedding turned out better than I could have ever imagined! I am probably the most unorganized and indecisive person in the world and she just took care of everything without being overwhelming. I would honestly recommend her to anyone! I really enjoyed working with her, she is awesome.

Shelby · Married on 07/20/2013

First of all, Carla was so incredibly helpful in the initial stages of planning the wedding, providing me with multiple helpful websites and ideas on how to make my day everything that I had dreamed it would be. The entire month leading up to the wedding she was incrediblely flexible with the other vendors and offered helpful tips and suggestions as to how to make the day run smoother. During the week of the wedding, she flew up to Oregon and was offering her help with anything that I needed even before we had our final walk through the venue! During the actual day she and Kylee both were so incredibly sweet, calming, flexible and supportive as they made my vision come to a reality. My wedding would not have turned out so beautifully or have run so smoothly had it not been for their support and professionalism. I would definitely recommend A Moment in Time Wedding & Events!

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2013

I can't say enough about Carla, her daughter/assistant Kylee and the services they provided for our wedding. I hired her for 'month of' planning but I felt like I could enlist her ideas, feedback and help throughout the 9 months of planning before the wedding. She even helped me contact venues before I had even booked her!

She's very professional, intelligent and experienced while also being incredibly patient, friendly and warm.

During the time I was planning the wedding I also had an infant and a full time job which made the planning more stressful because I felt like I didn't have enough hours in the day for everything. My (now) husband didn't think we needed to spend money on a wedding coordinator but I knew that in order to not turn into a big stress ball I would need help. Carla was a lifesaver. She kept me organized and would help calm me down when I felt stressed out. She negotiated with rental companies because my venue didn't have their own rentals. I never once worried about my vision not coming true because I knew Carla and Kylee were there taking care of everything. Even Shane, my husband, commented on how awesome he thought they were and what a great job they did... he was so happy that we ended up booking her.

I highly recommend using a wedding planner and Carla is amazing. Worth every penny and more!

Angie · Married on 06/01/2013

Hiring Carla was one of the best decisions we made. Carla took over the planning at the one-month mark and provided value above and beyond what I had imagined I'd need. She has rapport with the venue manager (we had our ceremony and reception at La Jolla Woman's Club) and is familiar with venue, which gave me an added sense of ease. At our event walk-thru she had some great suggestions for decor that helped make an impact visually with minimal additional costs involved. We had a tight timeline and Carla was great about making suggestions to give us as much dance time as possible.

We encountered a few issues with Ranch Catering that Carla managed and advocated for our behalf. My husband and I appreciated her calm demeanor, no matter what the situation was. I was flattered by the number of guests who told me that the wedding was "perfect", but I couldn't have done it without Carla's support. The actual day of the wedding was the least stressful day for me during the week leading up to the wedding -- there wasn't one issue or surprise that I had to deal with.

• karen

karen · Married on 02/09/2013

From the beginning I knew I needed a talented, organized, and creative wedding planner. None of my family or close friends lived in San Diego (and for half the time my fiance as well). Carla was my right hand woman. What a blessing! I did not have to worry about a thing. She kept me stress free the months prior to the wedding, recommending excellent vendors, negotiating reasonable prices, creating all the centerpieces, editing invitations, everything! Every idea that I imagined, Carla brought to life. Carla and Kylee helped my (now) husband and I enjoy the entire perfect day. I could not imagine anything else.

The best decision I made was hiring Carla and A Moment in Time Wedding and Events.

Karen & Todd

Todd · Married on 02/09/2013

For four months prior to our wedding I was deployed and unable to help my fiancee with much of the planning. Neither of our families live in San Diego so my wife was on her own until we hired Carla. Carla was there for Karen to help with everything from A to Z. They picked out my tuxedo and the tuxedos for my groomsman. I absolutely loved their choice. By the time I returned with one month to go everything was taken care of. My wife was completely stress free and not one day was stressful for us due to Carla's work. The wedding was exactly how we had dreamed it to be and more. Carla is incredibly creative and she did an amazing job decorating the Yacht Club where we held our wedding. It was absolutely the perfect day and Carla is the reason for that. She listened to our ideas and requests and made them happen. She is just the most wonderful woman and Karen and I not only enjoyed working with her but we have gained a lifelong friend in Carla. Carla is the best investment you can make if you are looking to throw the perfect wedding.

Todd K, Husband

Jessica · Married on 01/19/2013

Carla is the absolute best! From our first meeting, I knew I was in good hands. Every step of the way, she was there. I only hired her to be my "day of" planner, but she also made it clear that if I had questions or problems, to feel free to contact her...and she ALWAYS answered and ALWAYS gave me her undivided attention. Carla is so patient and kind, on the days that I wasn't sure what I was doing, I knew Carla was always an e-mail or phone call away. She went above and beyond to make sure that every detail was taken care of. Even little things that I had not put much thought into, she was on top of it and made it fantastic. I trust her fully, I would recommend her to anyone. She is thorough, dedicated and truly wants the best for all of her brides (and grooms). I remember arriving at our reception and I was so excited to see her and Kylee, because we had planned so much together, it was like our collective wedding. Carla and her staff are the utmost professionals with the BIGGEST hearts. I feel so blessed to have had her as my planner, she made the year leading up to my wedding and the rehearsal and day of the wedding so wonderful. I did not have to worry about a thing, she took care of it all!! Thank you Carla for all of your hard work, love and dedication to making my wedding amazing!

Melissa · Married on 01/06/2013

A moment in time truly made my experience in planning a reception effortless. Carla (owner and visionary) transformed our modest recover ion room into a sparkling winter wonderland. Carla was personable and only interested out needs and budget. I'd recommend this company to everyone!!!

Diane · Married on 12/08/2012

I hired Carla as a day of coordinator, however she was much more. She provided us her time and efforts as soon as we met. She spoke to our vendors, created our timeline, worked out little unexpected details and problems. We had an issue with our Rental Company and decorations and she was on them to correct the situation. When the rental company did not come through she brought in her own drapery to solve the problem. She was not only a day of coordinator, she was a friendly person who is invested in your wants and needs before during and after your special day. She also provided us was a decorators eye, photo booth, and table linens. In terms of our wedding events she was the best investment we made.

TONY · Married on 12/08/2012

Carla, you are incredible...you made everything easy..without you it would have been a mess....thank you very much...we will let you know when we are going to have the party next year so you can make it easy as pie.

thanks, Tony

Dennis · Married on 12/08/2012

Recently I had the good fortune to work with Carla Di Bernardo for my daughter’s wedding. As parents of the bride, we wanted everything to go well, and for our daughter to enjoy her special day. We have watched many brides try to fix things that go wrong in the normal course of events. It is always a disaster. Through a number of contacts, we and our daughter heard great things about Carla. All of it was true. Carla made a very complex wedding, with different venues, and unique problems, work as smooth as clockwork. We couldn’t be happier. She was attentive. She was polite. She was firm. She got things done. She solved problems before and during the wedding. Seamlessly. We were in awe. The wedding was a huge success. We would recommend her to anyone. If I had another daughter, I would use Carla to do that wedding too. She is worth every penny.

Salar · Married on 09/01/2012

Thanks Carla for helping out with our wedding. You took a large load off my bride's shoulder, without you she would not be relaxed on the wedding day. Our guests even told us how helpful you were and how you handled everything so well. Thanks to you guys we had our dream wedding :)

Heather · Married on 08/25/2012

Wow~~ Carla and her team are amazing!!! I wish I could give more than 5 starts because they definitely deserve it! Carla is not only a sweetheart, but she truly has an exeptional eye for making everything look great! She help set up for our wedding and I was very imressed with how everything turned out. She also pays attention to all the little details you may not think of when putting together a big event and working with different vendors. Everything ran so smoothly and everyone knew where to be and what to do. Thanks to her expertise, I got to relax and enjoy this special day. She also has connections with some great vendors and helped me choose a wonderful florist who did a great job. I highly recommend her to any Bride to Be!

Jennifer · Married on 08/05/2012

Carla was awesome! I retained her as a day of coordinator. She went above and beyond just day of duties. She made sure everything in my wedding was perfect, super responsive which is huge for me. It gave me peace of mind. And on the wedding day, which was probably the most hectic day of my life, she took care of everything and set up everything beautifully and better than what I had imagined.

Lidia · Married on 06/23/2012

Carla and her team were amazing! Carla was very helpful from the first day that we started to work together. I hired her for day of planning but if I had a question or needed help with something, she was always willing to help. On the wedding day, everything ran smoothly even though we started the ceremony late. Carla is very professional and on top of every detail. Definitely the best investment I made for the wedding. Thank you Carla!!!

• Brittney

Brittney · Married on 06/15/2012

My wedding went so smoothly thanks to Carla, I cannot be more thankful! She was so organized and precise I didn't have to worry about a thing! Perfect coordinator, would recommend to anyone!

sheree · Married on 06/15/2012

I hired Carla at A Moment in time wedding & Events for just the "Day of" services for our wedding and let me say, I recieved MUCH MORE than that... She met with my daughter and I a month prior and brought up so many details we never thought of, and let us know what things she would need for set up and what to expect, and helped with everything we needed. We have never planned a wedding before so she really helped guide us through every little detail and had everything organized for us from day one! The day of we had so many decor items that needed to be taken care of, vendors to be paid, and the creative ways of setting things up were done to perfection! I couldn't have been happier with thier services and am highly recommending everyone hiring a coordinator for thier special events, especially recommending Carla and Justine! Awesome, organized, sweet ladies! Can't go wrong hiring this company!!!
    Sheree & Brittney Slaughter

Robyn · Married on 06/09/2012

The service Carla provided for our wedding was perfect. She was there to help for the entire planning process and was there step by step. Because she knows the business, she was also able to help us keep the prices of the other vendors low by attending all of our meetings and negotiating contracts. She came up with beautiful arrangements, reminded us about the small details, and kept everyone on a timeline before and during the event. She was professional, friendly and supportive the entire time. In these couple of weeks post-wedding we realize more and more that we couldn't have done it without her. We are happy to have had Carla there for us for the past year, and are glad to have met another friend. Thanks for everything!

Sincerely,
    Mr. and Mrs. Harper

Michelle · Married on 04/21/2012

We were looking for a day of coordinator for our wedding so that they would be the contact person for all the vendors. That was all we were really looking for and we found Carla. She was much more than what we were expecting. She actually provided us with month of services and stayed in contact with all of our vendors to make sure that everyone was on the same page. She even helped me to design our centerpieces for the reception tables. She and Justine took the time to find out exactly what we we were looking for and everything was perfect. She was professional and sweet at the same time. She made us feel like our wedding was the only one she was working on. I would recommend Carla to anyone who was looking for a coordinator. She is incredible!

Danielle · Married on 02/27/2010

We hired Carla in November and our wedding was going to be February 27th. We were all over the place and not really sure of anything we wanted, all we knew was how much we could spend. She was very personable and excited about our wedding almost as if she were planning her own, very passionate about her work. She took a ton of time to make sure she had gotten to know the kind of couple we were, and what was very important to us on our special day.

Well, two days before our wedding day we found out it was supposed to pour. YES our wedding was going to be outside!! AHHHH, Carla found a beautiful venue almost immediately that still fit our needs and personality even though it wasn't our original location. She handled the situation as if it wasn't stressful at all, which in turn made me less stressed knowing she had everything under control. She worked with our budget, met with me every time I requested, and tended to our every need. Our special day turned out beautiful just like we had planned thanks to her. Everything we had talked about was done above and beyond what we had even dreamed of. Our day was definitely one we will never forget, thank you so much Carla for everything, and best of luck to you in the future you really are amazing!!!! Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Brenden and Danielle Roscoe

Danielle · Married on 02/27/2010

Carla was exceptional with planning our special day, my fiancee was very particular with certain things and Carla made sure to note all the important details. She was definately a life saver when it came to planning our wedding, I would recommend her to any and everyone thanks for doing such an amazing job!!