About Lapel

Slim fitting tuxedo rentals

Lapel introduces a new class of black tie rental. We abandon the poor taste and ill fit of traditional tuxedos by starting fresh. Our tuxedos are designed in-house and manufactured to our specifications. Slim fitting silhouettes in classic designs, made from 100% wool, and fitted by professional local tailors.

Categories: Wedding Dress

Groomsmen (4)
Groom (4)
Shoes (4)
Tuxedos (2)

Graham and Lapel provided the tuxedos for the groom, wedding party and the fathers for our wedding in May of 2018 in Washington DC.

Graham is a master! He was great at adjusting things last minute, and dealing with a large group of guys in his studio at one time. The guys looked great and it was because of Lapel. We highly recommend Graham and his team!

Photo of Lapel in Alexandria, VA - Picture by Rob Jinks Photography
Profile Picture Sarah, 5/26/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Shoes, Tuxedo Rentals, Groom, Groomsmen

From my fiancé: I was initially drawn to Lapel for my wedding because they specialized in slimmer fitting tuxes. I definitely didn't want the boxy suit jacket and baggy trousers look in my wedding photos. Graham, at the Alexandria shop, was awesome to work with. He listened to what I was looking for, while keeping in mind the overall color scheme and theme for my wedding. We finally settled on a midnight blue tux. My groomsmen and I received lots of compliments on the fit and color of our tuxes. My brother-in-law is 6' 6" tall, and his tux fit perfectly with a few well-executed alterations by Graham. I would highly recommend Graham and Lapel to any guy looking for a better-fitting tux.

Profile Picture Kathy, 7/8/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Groom, Groomsmen, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos

I couldn't have been happier with my 3-piece gray suit that I rented from Lapel for my wedding. Graham was excellent and easy going to work with. The fabric for the suit was incredible, it didn't look or feel like a rental. It fell nicely without any bulk. The slim tailored look worked well across all of my groomsmen despite them being varied sizes. We rented shoes as well and they were really comfortable for being rentals. When I had to pick up my suit, I had to make one adjustment and because Graham is an experienced tailor with equipment onsite, he was able to make the small change while I waited (5 minutes).

With really good prices and a modern look, I'm not sure why anyone would go to any other place. My groomsmen and I received many compliments throughout the day; so much so, that I tried to twist Graham's arm to buy the suit.

Profile Picture Matthew, 4/1/17, 3 Reviews