San Diego, CA 92199 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 54

About Events by Design

Events by Design is one of Southern California's premier wedding and event planning firms. As wedding coordinators, we combine strategic wedding planning, trend setting design and impeccable service to exceed the expectations of our clients. Events by Design is referred by some of the most prestigious wedding professionals in the industry and by hundreds of satisfied brides and grooms.

Many of the details involved in planning a wedding can be stressful and overwhelming. As your wedding planner, we will work with you to ensure your event reflects your personality and vision, while allowing you to truly be present in the planning process and embrace every moment of your wedding day. With our knowledge and expertise, you are ensured quality vendors, seamless flow and sophisticated design.

Events by Design coordinators specialize in destination weddings to Southern California including, San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara but is also available for world travel. From wedding planning to travel accommodations, we will handle every aspect of your destination wedding!

Follow Events by Design on

baumanphotographers0178
baumanphotographers0184

• Videos 7

10 Reviews for Events by Design

From the moment we met Jessica my husband and I knew we needed to have her help us plan our wedding. She was quick to keep us on track and got down to business. During the planning process she was there every step of the way. Incredibly responsive should I ever need to get a hold of her during the entire 9 months of planning. Our wedding day finally arrived and I will tell you I was blown away with our vision having had come to life the way it did. It was everything I had hoped for and more ... Classy, elegant and timeless. I couldn't have done it without Jessica! I wish I could leave a longer review because I have so many wonderful things to say about Jessica and her staff. She is incredibly talented and the sweetest gal you'll ever meet.

Sent on 05/15/2015
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/12/2010

I am reviewing DJ - John Gillon - who was also unquestionably one of our favorite vendors! He was friendly, played exactly the kind of music we hoped for and didn't steal the show. Literally from the second the "dancing" started until the last song, the dance floor was full. We received compliments for weeks on what a great music selection we had for both dinner music and dancing. Hubby and I did spend quite a bit of time coming up with genre, songs, artists etc. we liked, but John made it all come together and created an exceptional playlist for us. I just wish I would have thought to ask for a full copy of the playlist before it was too far after the wedding! He did a 5 star job.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Michelle · Married on 09/12/2009

My husband and I hired Events by Design to DJ our wedding. We worked specifically with Scott Zimmerman and had a FANTASTIC time working with him! Unlike other DJ's that some friends have worked with, Scott did a great job of playing almost all of our requests, filling in the "blanks" with songs that he knew we'd love based off of our requests, and completely avoiding anything on our do-not-play list. He could not have been a more nice, professional, or fun DJ to work with. Due to a few other "glitches" (not related to anything to do with Scott or EBD), the wedding/reception were running a bit behind schedule and Scott offered to stay and play a bit beyond his ending time so that the reception could wind down properly.

We'd met with a few other DJs and were feeling a bit skeptical by the time that we met with Scott, but my husband and I really clicked with him and knew that he'd be perfect for our ceremony/reception as soon as we'd talked with him the first time, and we were right. Scott was awesome, and we highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/01/2009

Events by Design FAQ

• What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 3,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 8,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 200.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List Creation, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Elopement, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• Meurer Image Photography
    Meurer Image Photography Wedding Photographers

We truly enjoy working with Jessica. She makes sure that the event runs smoothly from start to finish. Plus, adds the most wonderful touches to the reception

• San Diego See on map