37 days to go...and I have threatened to call off the wedding twice. whoaaaaaaaa!
FMIL, although comes off very sweet, has showed her controlling side. Well...I hate to put FH in the middle, but if he doesn't talk to his mama, there will be some "mama drama".

She invited her work buddies to or wedding (17 extra people) after we told her over and over again..NO!!!. Then I find out she had planned to have " A Dove Release" in our ceremony...She thought it would be a lovely addition...WHAT?!. After I called the "dove" lady...she informs me that there was going to be a FLOCK of 16 doves to follow the two doves...WHAT?! After crying and screaming at FH I told him enoughs enough...No more. If she wants all this, she can go have a renewal ceremony with her husband. Ughh.

I should have gone with my first idea and get married in Maui or Italy ;) Shame on me.

Phyllisann
Married: 06/09/2012
Reviews: 5
Posted On: May 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

35 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 08/25/2012
May 03, 2012 at 4:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think his mother is tripping. You fiance should talk to her and explain that it is not her wedding.

Phyllisann
May 03, 2012 at 4:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Right!!!! I mean she is obsessed with this being a show...Ughh. He has told her many times, and all she has to say is " but I really want it". I want to slap her...hahaha

Wedding: 08/03/2014
May 03, 2012 at 4:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My concern is the poop, what if the doves poop on your guests heads or even yours?! That and your FMIL is crazy!

Andrea Ank.
Married: 04/07/2012
May 03, 2012 at 4:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Im confused as to who she thinks this wedding is for? By her own admission "I really want it" she may think that this is a second chance at her own wedding.
I,myself, would call her up and explain to her that you really love that she is being so helpful but that you would rather not have the doves and that you had hoped to keep this wedding to friends and family.
I would hope that she gets it. Sometimes people like her just need to be told no! Otherwise they think that its not going to hurt anyone else.

Phyllisann
May 03, 2012 at 4:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Exactly Laura... She has no clue

justine
Married: 07/13/2013
May 03, 2012 at 4:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
hahaha o god thats a new level of crazy. dove release hahahaha "here comes the MIL...i mean bride" ha

maybe each of the 16 doves are for each screw she has loose in her head.

as for the extra 17 "work" buddies id make them all sit at her table....all 17 if they are that close to come to a wedding of a person they dont no

Stephanie
Married: 10/11/2012
May 03, 2012 at 4:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wow, is she paying for the extra 17 guests? I agree with Justine, cram them all at her table.

I don't like birds at all and the whole dove thing is kinda creepy.

Married: 09/01/2012
May 03, 2012 at 4:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Adding extra people was crazy especially if she is not paying for the food. The Dove Release is actually a nice thing, but I get where you coming from, if you let her get away with one thing then she will continue to add odds and ends until you won't know everything she has going on. Just tell her she can stop or she won't be able to attend or you can just cancel everything behind her back.

Phyllisann
May 03, 2012 at 4:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ Andrea...you are exactly right. She feels its a special thing and wants to show off in front of all her friends. Her and I have talked many times about FH and what WE as a couple want for or wedding. She told us she understood, but every time that phone rings , its her asking for the same darn thing....all I keep saying is " it's almost over"

Phyllisann
May 03, 2012 at 4:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Jasmine, Stephanie, and Justine.
I nipped the dove thing in the bud. I called the dove lady and told her NO, and canceled the whole release. As to the extra 17...she offered to pay for them, but its going against what FH and I wanted. Close family and friends, that have shared our lives through the darkest times and now are here to celebrate one of our happiest times of or lives. The work buddies couldn't care less about how we got together... just upsetting to spend so much and spend so long planning, to find out its getting ruined behind your back ;(
Edited On: May 03, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Married: 10/05/2012
May 03, 2012 at 10:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You are better then me Phyllisann. Doves remind me of funerals not weddings. My FH grandfather passed away and there were does that the burial site. All I kept thinking about was they were going to poopon some one and we needed to stay clear of them. They were in a box in the trunk of the car for 3 hours. (the service ran late).

I am glad you nip the dove thing, not a good look. Stand your ground.....

Mrs. J-Mo
Married: 07/21/2012
Reviews: 11
May 03, 2012 at 10:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Omg a flock of birds? Lol that's a hot mess I'm glad u handled that... Wow

Phyllisann
May 03, 2012 at 10:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ Soon to be Keels ;) I am so thankful I stood my ground. Doves just aren't our thing.

Phyllisann
May 03, 2012 at 10:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Future Mrs. J-Mo I refer to the incident as "the flock" ;)

Married: 03/14/2014
Reviews: 3
May 03, 2012 at 10:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
omg, sorry but the flock of birds had me laughing so hard! She is insane...I just dont even know what to say lol. I think you should tell her you moved the wedding so she and her flock and the 17 xtra guest can go celebrate over there....and you and FH will be married and celebrating by the time she figures it out :D

Phyllisann
May 03, 2012 at 11:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
MAGS...;) missed you.

I have tried so many times to just push her crap aside and say she is just very excited...but come on.

May 04, 2012 at 5:56 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have a crazy fmil too but she hides her craziness with niceness which makes ME feel like a bitch when I recognize that she's being nuts! Anyway - just wanted to say be glad you didn't do your wedding abroad. take it from me - IT SUCKS! SO FREAKIGN STRESSFUL!!!! anyway, hope you're feeling betetr today and FH takes care of that mama and uninvites her coworkers!

Phyllisann
May 04, 2012 at 8:55 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks Nikki. ;) Hey we are date twinssss

Married: 09/29/2012
May 04, 2012 at 8:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wow! You only have a month left, hang tight. In the mean time have FH get his mom straight!

Phyllisann
May 04, 2012 at 9:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Happily engaged, he will be having a little talk with his mama today. Fingers crossed!
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct