Filosophi Event Planning and Design

Value
Flexibility
Rome
02/22/2015

Erin and her team were a very calming presence on what could be a very stressful day. The advance planning was very detailed and organized, well in advance. Erin was able to allow for flexibility and changes along the way. Having Erin and her team there on the wedding day was invaluable to the wedding party and families. Also, they are also great people to have around on your special day!

Haleigh
01/10/2015

Erin was absolutely incredible! She was on top of everything. From making sure the vendors came through correctly to even planning a couple surprises for the wedding day. Erin and her team made everything run so smoothly & perfectly. It made the day that much more enjoyable for me and my family to know she was taking care of every last detail. We know we are hiring her for all my sisters weddings!

Adrienne
01/10/2015

We had the absolute joy of hiring Erin from Filosophi events to do the day of event planning for our daughter's wedding. From the first moment we sat down with her we were so excited. She immediately got a feel for our vision, and led us to the perfect vendors that would help execute our vision. We jokingly referred to them all as our dream team...when the wedding day finally arrived there was no joke about it..they really were the dream team. It truly was beyond anything we could have imagined! If I had a question Erin had an answer, If I had problem, she had a solution. We had absolute faith in Erin that she had it covered. This was the first wedding in our family, we had never been through this before and we really had no idea what to expect. The day of the wedding we were all so relaxed, because Erin's composure just put us all at ease. She was smiling and laughing, all the while completely in control of every minute detail. When we arrived at the venue we were absolutely blown away. It was so beautiful we wanted to cry. Erin brought our dreams to life. None of our words can really do her justice..she's really that good!! At the end of it all we were able to bless our daughter and son-in-law with the wedding of their dreams, they loved every minute of that day and have said on numerous occasions that they wish they could do it over again because it was so fun. We have Erin to thank for that! We have only one regret..that we didn't hire Erin and Filosophi events to do the whole thing..from start to finish! But with 1 son and 2 daughters still left at home that is something we will rectify when the next wedding rolls around...I have a feeling that will be sooner than we think!! Three final words....We love Filosophi

Recently Married

My now husband and I started to plan our own wedding but were quickly overwhelmed with the amount of coordination and patience that was needed. It was a daunting task to say the least especially because we were in a long distance relationship. We started looking for a planner and found the Filosophi website, it was by far the best Vancouver event planning site we saw. So we sent them an email. We met with Erica from Filosophi in May 2014, and instantly hit it off, she was super easy to get along with and understood our sense of humour. We signed a contract in June 2014 and got married in December 2014. She was amazing throughout the whole process and put up with all my questions, emails, and texts. We told her our vision and she made it happen, we only had to do the fun stuff - like try the food before hand. As the bride I didn't worry about one single piece on the wedding day and didn't have to worry about having my bridesmaids/family take care of things. We were all able to kick back and enjoy the day. I wouldn't change a single thing about that day and I'm so happy we went with Filosophi and had Erica. I would definitely use them again for another big event.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I wanted to have a relaxing wedding experience and I don't have a lot of family around, so I loved the idea of a day of coordinator. Our officiant Shawn Miller recommended Corinne from Filosophi and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. All day all of our guests kept commenting on how great Corinne and her assistant, Nedra, was, and she was so on top of everything. I also loved how she would help me with any questions I had beforehand, or offer recommendations on how much wine to get etc. However for someone who doesn't have time to go get things like the wine (I didn't mind doing it, I just needed help with how much of something to get and so on), they do offer a full on wedding planning service too. I would totally recommend them!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

What to say about Coco? We really, truly, couldn't have had the wedding we had without her, and our wedding was every bit as amazing as I hoped it would be. We started working with Coco early on in the planning process, when we had chosen a venue and had a shortlist of caterers, but that was it, and hiring her was the single best decision we made while planning our wedding. She was calm, professional, fun, and so incredibly organized. She responded promptly to every single email I sent her, and there were a LOT of emails. Ultimately, she made the process SO much less stressful, and our wedding was perfect. A friend also hired Filosophi for their day-of services for his wedding this summer, and was really pleased that he had. I recommend Coco and her team without hesitation - if you're thinking about hiring Filosophi, stop thinking and just do it.

Rachel
10/18/2014

I can't even begin to explain how amazing Kira and her team were on our wedding day!!! I think the best decision I made, aside from saying YES to my husband ;) was hiring her. She took what I planned in boxes on my dining room table to something I couldn't have even imagined. It was over and above my dream wedding!!! As soon as Kira took over the organization, it was the most amazing and stress free time. I can't wait for the rest of my friends to get married now so I can INSIST they go with you guys!!!

Lauren
10/11/2014

If you're wondering about getting a coordinator/planner and thinking of it as an additional cost - we saved every penny and more we spent with Filosophi by following their expert guidance. We found the Filosphi 'Takeover' package to strike a perfect middle ground between full on planning and a day of service, enabling us to create our own vision with access to support whenever we needed it.

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Leslie
09/14/2014

We had the most incredible experience using Filosophi Events for our recent wedding. Erica McKeddie was and angel! She was only given 6 weeks to plan the most special and unique day for us and friends and family that included ourselves and our five children! Erica met with us in our home on several occasions, wanting to meet our family and get to know our children, met with us individually and really got a feel for what made us tick! She was so upbeat and positive and had some many fun and lively suggestions! We were a perfect match! She coordinated every last detail, we felt so relaxed and taken care of and confident that this would be the perfect day and it was, it was better than perfect! Ours was unique as it was not only our wedding day, but it was also a ceremony about two families blending together with our children. Erica was everywhere on the day of the wedding. At the venue, with caterers, decorators, the one man band and setting up the amp, gathering the flowers, then at our home,meeting with make up artists and photographers and videographers then at the venue, passing out and pinning on corsages and boutonnieres, things we had not even thought of, she had taken care of it. The few minutes before our wedding my husband to be and I were completely relaxed, got in our car and drove ourselves to the venue, hand in hand.....and arrived at the most unforgettable, stress free, most memorable day of our new lives together as husband and wife and as a family. And all the while, Erica was by our side, bursting with enthusiasm and with the biggest smile, (it never ever leaves her face by the way). Thank you Filosophi and thank you Erica and Danielle Lum who also was there to help on the day! You ladies are amazing at what you do!! xo

Recently Married

This was indeed the best money spent of the entire wedding! The superb organizational skills, professionalism and excellent guidance on vendors combined to make for a completely stress free wedding day! Thanks so much to the entire team at Filosophi Events!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Corinne is amazing! It is the best investment you will make in your wedding to have the stress of the day taken off you. You shouldn't be worried about timings or who is where on your special day, and Coco make sure that everything is taken care of and runs seamlessly.

Do yourself a favor and hire this woman!

Maja
08/30/2014

It would be the best decision you could make to hire Erin with Filosophi Events to plan your wedding! She is amazing - very calm and collected in busy/stressful situations, organized, creative, great communicator, is so helpful and goes out of her way to make things simple for you. Any questions or concerns I had - she was quick to respond and would find solutions. I am so grateful to her - all of our guests commented about how amazing our wedding planner was simply because everything ran so smoothly - that it was just so perfect and they all had so much fun. So if your making a decision on which planner to hire for your event - hire Filosophi and you'll be happy you did :)!!

Dan
08/30/2014

We hired Filosophi events to help plan our wedding and it was the single best decision we made to ensure the success of our wedding.

Since we live in Denver, Colorado and our wedding was in Whistler, British Columbia, we needed a planner who could communicate well, and help us plan from a distance. We spoke with four planning companies, and Filosophi was the most responsive, the most professional, and had evidently more experience planning weddings that are outside the box.

Corrine Colledge was our planner and we selected the 'Takeover Plan'. With this package, they manage everything on the day of your wedding. This package also includes communication with the planner to answer questions, provide recommendations, and provide vendor referrals, which was critical for us since we were planning from a distance and could not meet with local service providers. We had to rely on the opinions and experiences of our planner, and we are thrilled that we did because everyone we hired did an outstanding job.

The Takeover Package takes care of the most difficult part: coordinating everything on the big day. All we had to do was get ready, get our photos taken, get married, and party all night. Corinne took care of everything else. We would have been lost without her. She made sure that we had an incredible wedding. That's her job and she does it VERY well.

The wedding took place in an old ski lodge in Whistler. It is not your typical venue. It's pretty rustic, vehicle access is a challenge, and moving things like tables and chairs in and out was difficult. However, the lodge has special meaning to us and we couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. Corinne came with us to the lodge and explored the area- and as a result understood our vision perfectly and was excited to take on the challenge.

We couldn't have asked for a better person to help us with our wedding. Corrine felt like family to us, and our guests the day of- amazing.

Stephanie
08/30/2014

Hiring Filosophi as our wedding coordinator was the best money we spent for our wedding. Initially Erin was our contact and made the beginning stages of planning so much easier by referring me to vendors and was always so quick to respond to emails if we had any questions. Closer to the wedding, Margaux, was assigned as our coordinator and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was so sweet and most importantly was so professional. Any time I had an issue she would tell me not to worry about it and that she would take care of it. I was the first of my group of girlfriends to get married and I will be recommending to all of them that they book Filosophi as soon as they get engaged because it made the planning process so much more relaxed. I cannot recommend them enough and will for sure use them in the future if I have another event I need to plan.

Recently Married

We don't know how anyone throws a wedding without Erica from Filosophi. From the minute we met her, we knew there was no problem that she couldn't fix and hiring her to plan our wedding was a no-brainer. Erica is professional, energetic, encouraging and lots of fun. She talked us into the best parts of our wedding, talked us out of the crazy ideas we had, and even managed to win over my (lovable but crazy) Mom in the process. I know everyone says this about their own wedding, but it really was the best day ever and we have Erica to thank for that. We enjoyed every second of our day and that was only possible because Erica was there behind the scenes making everything go smoothly. Don't think twice about hiring her - she is the absolute best!

Siber
08/23/2014

Hiring Filosophi was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding. Corinne was there with us through every stage of the process. After speaking to us about how we envisioned our day, she suggested some absolutely amazing vendors. We always felt that we were on track, and she made sure to check in with us regularly. Although all of her help leading up to the day was fantastic, we cannot emphasize enough how truly indispensable she was on the actual day. Knowing that she was there to organize the vendors and guests, as well as handle any unforeseen issues, we were able to really relax and enjoy our wedding! We would highly recommend Corinne and the Filosophi team!