Filosophi Event Planning and Design

Value
Flexibility
Kelsi
06/27/2015

Erica was an amazing resource and by far the best money that we spent on the wedding. She was quick to get back to us with answers to our questions, always had amazing suggestions and went above and beyond to help ensure that our day went smoothly. Beyond that, she is a fun, kind and hilarious person who is a joy to be around. Her presence on the day of the wedding was immediately calming because I trusted that she had everything under control and I was able to just enjoy the day and not worry about any of the details. I would recommend Filosophi and Erica to any of my friends; it was such a pleasure to have this company and this amazing planner involved in our wedding.

Tara
05/30/2015

Erin basically helped us succeed at having the perfect wedding. She found us vendors that suited the style of wedding we wanted.
The day of she was irreplaceable.
My new husband and I were able to enjoy a stress free wedding day, and evening. We actually got to focus on each other and our guests.
I can't imagine a better planner than Erin. She is truly amazing!

Stephanie
05/30/2015

Nedra and the Filosophi team do a great job of giving you a good idea of what is traditionally done at weddings but the support and encouragement to really do whatever you want to make the day your own. Nedra asked us questions and brought our attention to things that only a wedding planner would know and her attention to detail and professionalism ensured that our day ran smoothly. Throughout the whole process, she was an amazing resource but most importantly; she was so supportive, positive and excited for us which definitely helped when we were feeling stressed or overwhelmed. She was able to reassure us and made us feel confident that our vision for the day could be created. Nedra was great with keeping us on track with reminder emails but did it in a way that somehow put us at ease and didn’t add to our stress! We had our wedding at the UBC Boathouse, which required a lot of coordination between what seemed like 100 different moving parts! If anything went wrong that day, we still don’t know about it because she took care of every little detail. We put a lot of emphasis on the guest experience at our wedding and it would not have been possible without all of the behind the scenes work done by Nedra and her team. Nedra helped us create a wedding that was perfect for us and allowed everyone to really enjoy the day. We don’t want to think about what are wedding who be like without Nedra. In our opinion- everyone needs a little Filosophi at their wedding!

Recently Married

Short story? Rebecca made us look good.

Long story? Everything Rebecca did was to help keep us organized and minimize our stress leading up to, and on, the big day. From the fabulous briefing meeting where she took the time to get to know us and understand what we were looking for, to the timeline to the vendor organization and her responsiveness with helpful tips along the way, Ali and I were confident we were in excellent hands. Rebecca gave us the chance to catch our breath and keep calm about the wedding in spite of our hectic work schedules.

Her timeline for the day of was perfect. Everyone knew where to be when so we never felt like we were scrambling or falling off track. Having Rebecca there to coordinate setup and generally keep the day running smoothly ensured that not only could Ali and I focus on enjoying and remembering the day, but our family and our guests could as well.

Like the boy scouts, whose credo is to always be prepared, you could tell Rebecca was ready for anything. Her handy tool belt saved me from waving to walk down the aisle with mud stains on my dress and her sense of humour kept everyone at ease.

If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't have done it any differently. We literally tell anyone who asks that hiring Rebecca for day-of coordination was probably the best decision we made during the wedding planning process.

Phillip
03/09/2015

Erin provided an amazing job for a smaller wedding for my wife and I back in March. We had selected the venue to be at Hycroft Manor but because we we were living in a separate city, needed someone to help coordinate and provide recommendations on all the other associated services that needed planning in Vancouver.

We were preparing for a smaller wedding with just close family and friends. We reached out to a few other wedding planners whom I won’t name specifically here, but potentially due to the number of guests at our wedding, never received a response which was demoralizing.

Erin was not only extremely quick and responsive to our requests, but open minded and very thoughtful with what we were aiming for. Even adjusting the quoted prices to matter reflect the smaller size of our event.

She essentially took away all the headaches and stress that normally would have been associated with planning such an important event, leaving mostly just two core items on me and my wife to take care of, the dress and my tuxedo.

The day of the event went off without a hitch and it was further credit to her experience and skills, when we finally got to see in person the decorations, officiant, stylist, etc.

Thanks Erin for making it such a stress-free experience and providing such a beautiful wedding for us!

Rome
02/22/2015

Erin and her team were a very calming presence on what could be a very stressful day. The advance planning was very detailed and organized, well in advance. Erin was able to allow for flexibility and changes along the way. Having Erin and her team there on the wedding day was invaluable to the wedding party and families. Also, they are also great people to have around on your special day!

Haleigh
01/10/2015

Erin was absolutely incredible! She was on top of everything. From making sure the vendors came through correctly to even planning a couple surprises for the wedding day. Erin and her team made everything run so smoothly & perfectly. It made the day that much more enjoyable for me and my family to know she was taking care of every last detail. We know we are hiring her for all my sisters weddings!

Adrienne
01/10/2015

We had the absolute joy of hiring Erin from Filosophi events to do the day of event planning for our daughter's wedding. From the first moment we sat down with her we were so excited. She immediately got a feel for our vision, and led us to the perfect vendors that would help execute our vision. We jokingly referred to them all as our dream team...when the wedding day finally arrived there was no joke about it..they really were the dream team. It truly was beyond anything we could have imagined! If I had a question Erin had an answer, If I had problem, she had a solution. We had absolute faith in Erin that she had it covered. This was the first wedding in our family, we had never been through this before and we really had no idea what to expect. The day of the wedding we were all so relaxed, because Erin's composure just put us all at ease. She was smiling and laughing, all the while completely in control of every minute detail. When we arrived at the venue we were absolutely blown away. It was so beautiful we wanted to cry. Erin brought our dreams to life. None of our words can really do her justice..she's really that good!! At the end of it all we were able to bless our daughter and son-in-law with the wedding of their dreams, they loved every minute of that day and have said on numerous occasions that they wish they could do it over again because it was so fun. We have Erin to thank for that! We have only one regret..that we didn't hire Erin and Filosophi events to do the whole thing..from start to finish! But with 1 son and 2 daughters still left at home that is something we will rectify when the next wedding rolls around...I have a feeling that will be sooner than we think!! Three final words....We love Filosophi

Recently Married

My now husband and I started to plan our own wedding but were quickly overwhelmed with the amount of coordination and patience that was needed. It was a daunting task to say the least especially because we were in a long distance relationship. We started looking for a planner and found the Filosophi website, it was by far the best Vancouver event planning site we saw. So we sent them an email. We met with Erica from Filosophi in May 2014, and instantly hit it off, she was super easy to get along with and understood our sense of humour. We signed a contract in June 2014 and got married in December 2014. She was amazing throughout the whole process and put up with all my questions, emails, and texts. We told her our vision and she made it happen, we only had to do the fun stuff - like try the food before hand. As the bride I didn't worry about one single piece on the wedding day and didn't have to worry about having my bridesmaids/family take care of things. We were all able to kick back and enjoy the day. I wouldn't change a single thing about that day and I'm so happy we went with Filosophi and had Erica. I would definitely use them again for another big event.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I wanted to have a relaxing wedding experience and I don't have a lot of family around, so I loved the idea of a day of coordinator. Our officiant Shawn Miller recommended Corinne from Filosophi and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. All day all of our guests kept commenting on how great Corinne and her assistant, Nedra, was, and she was so on top of everything. I also loved how she would help me with any questions I had beforehand, or offer recommendations on how much wine to get etc. However for someone who doesn't have time to go get things like the wine (I didn't mind doing it, I just needed help with how much of something to get and so on), they do offer a full on wedding planning service too. I would totally recommend them!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

What to say about Coco? We really, truly, couldn't have had the wedding we had without her, and our wedding was every bit as amazing as I hoped it would be. We started working with Coco early on in the planning process, when we had chosen a venue and had a shortlist of caterers, but that was it, and hiring her was the single best decision we made while planning our wedding. She was calm, professional, fun, and so incredibly organized. She responded promptly to every single email I sent her, and there were a LOT of emails. Ultimately, she made the process SO much less stressful, and our wedding was perfect. A friend also hired Filosophi for their day-of services for his wedding this summer, and was really pleased that he had. I recommend Coco and her team without hesitation - if you're thinking about hiring Filosophi, stop thinking and just do it.

Rachel
10/18/2014

I can't even begin to explain how amazing Kira and her team were on our wedding day!!! I think the best decision I made, aside from saying YES to my husband ;) was hiring her. She took what I planned in boxes on my dining room table to something I couldn't have even imagined. It was over and above my dream wedding!!! As soon as Kira took over the organization, it was the most amazing and stress free time. I can't wait for the rest of my friends to get married now so I can INSIST they go with you guys!!!

Lauren
10/11/2014

If you're wondering about getting a coordinator/planner and thinking of it as an additional cost - we saved every penny and more we spent with Filosophi by following their expert guidance. We found the Filosphi 'Takeover' package to strike a perfect middle ground between full on planning and a day of service, enabling us to create our own vision with access to support whenever we needed it.

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Leslie
09/14/2014

We had the most incredible experience using Filosophi Events for our recent wedding. Erica McKeddie was and angel! She was only given 6 weeks to plan the most special and unique day for us and friends and family that included ourselves and our five children! Erica met with us in our home on several occasions, wanting to meet our family and get to know our children, met with us individually and really got a feel for what made us tick! She was so upbeat and positive and had some many fun and lively suggestions! We were a perfect match! She coordinated every last detail, we felt so relaxed and taken care of and confident that this would be the perfect day and it was, it was better than perfect! Ours was unique as it was not only our wedding day, but it was also a ceremony about two families blending together with our children. Erica was everywhere on the day of the wedding. At the venue, with caterers, decorators, the one man band and setting up the amp, gathering the flowers, then at our home,meeting with make up artists and photographers and videographers then at the venue, passing out and pinning on corsages and boutonnieres, things we had not even thought of, she had taken care of it. The few minutes before our wedding my husband to be and I were completely relaxed, got in our car and drove ourselves to the venue, hand in hand.....and arrived at the most unforgettable, stress free, most memorable day of our new lives together as husband and wife and as a family. And all the while, Erica was by our side, bursting with enthusiasm and with the biggest smile, (it never ever leaves her face by the way). Thank you Filosophi and thank you Erica and Danielle Lum who also was there to help on the day! You ladies are amazing at what you do!! xo

Recently Married

This was indeed the best money spent of the entire wedding! The superb organizational skills, professionalism and excellent guidance on vendors combined to make for a completely stress free wedding day! Thanks so much to the entire team at Filosophi Events!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Corinne is amazing! It is the best investment you will make in your wedding to have the stress of the day taken off you. You shouldn't be worried about timings or who is where on your special day, and Coco make sure that everything is taken care of and runs seamlessly.

Do yourself a favor and hire this woman!