Fat Girl Cakes LLC

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Kristin is amazing! Great price, great taste, gorgeous cakes, excellent communication, extremely pleasant to work with. I cannot say enough great things and I cannot recommend fat girl cakes enough! You will not regret getting a cake from Kristin!!!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake
LOCATION
Personal Residence, Fredericksburg, VA 22408
BLOG

Because dessert just can't be thin!

At the ripe old age of 12, my mom threw cookie dough at me and told me to make the Christmas cookies since she had had enough of the "sticky mess". Well, something clicked and I not only made cookies that year but I've been making them every year since. As the years progressed, my interest in baking expanded from cookies to that of bread, pies, and cakes, and I was always asked to bring a dessert to parties. After the birth of my son, I felt like I was ready to venture out there and try something new. I picked up chocolate making first, starting with molded chocolates and working my way into truffles and peanut brittle. Finally, I began decorating cakes after taking Wilton classes at my local craft store and to say I fell in love with it is an understatement! Since the completion of my Wilton courses, I have taken classes with Norman Davis (The Sweet Life), Colette Peters (Colette's Cakes), Ruth Rickey (Sweet Justice), Diane Simmons (Cake Connection), and Michaelle Stidham (Cake Connection). I am a member of ICES (International Cake Exploration Society) and attended both the National Capitol Area Cake Show and Great American Cake Show in 2009 and 2010.

I do both fondant and buttercream work, with the most popular being a buttercream cake with fondant accents. I also work with royal icing, colorflow, gelatin, modeling chocolate, and gumpaste, with the hopes of learning different techniques and mediums. I really enjoy creating and hope you will allow me to help you celebrate your wedding day!

+/- read less
Details
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pickup, Tastings
Health license: Yes