Totally about Weddings Reviews

18 | West Sand Lake, NY

18 Reviews for Totally about Weddings

18 Totally about Weddings Reviews

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2018

Tina was so personable and made sure I didn’t worry about a thing! With her I never felt frazzled or anxious! Phone calls were timely and helped put me at easy all was going according to plan. She helped coordinated everything from talking to vendors leading up to the wedding to making sure day of ran according to plan and made sure I was going ok. It seems like she was everyplace at once! Fantastic job! great resource and friend every bride needs leading up to their wedding!

Meghan · Married on 05/13/2017

Tina is fantastic! As a day-of coordinator, we could not have asked for a better person to lead the day! Our wedding was seamless, in no small part because Tina ensured that it ran smoothly from start to finish. She addressed any unforeseen hiccups - including a brief power outage at our venue - quickly and with grace and she was incredibly attentive to my (now) husband and I throughout the evening. It is so clear that Tina loves her work and sincerely cares about the couple she works with - you cannot go wrong with Tina! Thank you so much for everything!

Meghan · Married on 05/13/2017

Tarryn · Married on 05/12/2017

I can not think of any other words to describe Tina, besides AMAZING. I used her services for day of coordination only, and I couldn't have been more stress free for my wedding day. The last few weeks leading to our wedding, Tina was on top of EVERYTHING. She had my vendors ready to go with all the paperwork they would need, in order to work in our venue. We had our wedding at the Rockefeller center, so there were a lot of rules and guidelines that needed to be followed by vendors. She was on top of it. Not one detail was forgotten about. Our timeline for the day was organized perfectly. I definitely couldn't have organized it better. My husband and I were so grateful to have her, & would recommend Totally about Weddings and Events to ANYBODY.

Arthur · Married on 05/06/2017

Tina helped us from day 1. She walked us through the process of finding vendors, helped us select vendors, even went to meet vendors with us. We had a 13 month engagement, Tina was with us for about 10 months of it. Sometimes we were on track, sometimes we fell behind... but Tina was always there to check on us, and have our backs making sure everything was coming together. She was with us from the beginning, all the way to the end. She came to the rehearsal, the ceremony, and stayed all night through the reception to help clean up. She was a delight to work with, it felt like having a family member there with you... that's how much she cared about our experience. So happy we went with Tina, it was one of our first decisions, and one of our best!!

Dahlia · Married on 05/06/2017

Tina is very friendly, incredibly organized, and very flexible. She fills in where she's needed and was willing to do more than I asked of her. On the day of my wedding, she was on top of everything, even taking the time to check in with my husband and me to see how we were doing! Amazing work.

Kevin · Married on 04/13/2017

It was sooo grate! Thank you so much, Tina! Everything was perfect. Perfect communication, perfect ceremony. It was so cute! It was a dream wedding. 1000 times thank you!

Martha · Married on 02/25/2017

We held our wedding reception at a DIY loft space in NYC this past Saturday and hired Tina to coordinate set-up of our venue space. Tina was fantastic throughout the wedding planning process and especially on the day-of! Tina was professional, accommodating, and always cheerful. She executed everything flawlessly. In fact, I am hearing through the grapevine that a few vendors gave us issues but I didn't even know! Tina solved the problems while allowing us to truly enjoy our wedding day. Even though we didn't meet her face-to-face until we walked into our venue for cocktail hour, I felt totally at ease with Tina being at the helm of our venue setup. I am so happy to have found her.

Tina, we cannot thank you enough for all of your help! We highly recommend her as a wedding coordinator.

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2016

Tina was an absolute blessing on the day of our wedding! We spoke a few times leading up to the big day to run through the plans. She handled everything from meeting up with vendors (florist, photographer, priest) to make sure everything was in place. We rented coach buses to shuttle our guests from the hotel to the reception site - a local pier since the reception was on a yacht. While the bridal party was taking pictures, guests were to board the buses. However, only one of the 2 buses arrived. Tina immediately called the bus company and when timing became an issue, she arranged alternative transportation for the remaining guests at the last minute. Additionally, on our behalf she sought a refund for the "no show bus". At the end of the night she reached out to me to let me know she had triple confirmed all of the return bus reservations. I was able to enjoy the time with my family and friends knowing she was ON TOP OF IT! I highly recommend Tina and her day-of coordination services. Thank you, Tina! -Kristen & Anthony

Hanglin · Married on 09/03/2016

Tina is nice and professional. She took care of everything well and the process is stress-free. I would highly recommend her to anyone who need his/her event planned. :)

Megan · Married on 08/07/2016

Tina was wonderful to work with throughout the whole process of planning my wedding. She was very responsive to my e-mails, and was always willing to answer any and all questions. Tina listened to my ideas, and how I envisioned my wedding - making it a reality. The property was decorated beautifully, and the amount of stress on me throughout the entire process was minimal. I would highly recommend Tina to anyone who needs help with their wedding planning, decorating, or officiating.

stephanie · Married on 05/28/2016

I was looking for a wedding coordinator to assist me on the day of the wedding and Tina had reached out to me through Thumbtack. Right after our first conversation she convinced me and I am so happy I had Tina be a part of my wedding. She was very helpful and made me feel calm on the day of. We had amazing communication and she understood everything I asked for. She made sure all my vendors were on time, as well as called them to find out times of arrivals and made my life so easy. Not only that but Tina is a sweetheart, and she really cares about your wedding/event. Its not easy to hand over 2 years worth of work to someone a few months before the event...but Tina took care of everything for me and I trusted her. I was extremely satisfied with her services and would recommend her to everyone I know because she really does her job well. Thank you Tina for making my wedding day the most stress free day ever! I hope to see you again in the future :) :)

lisa · Married on 05/02/2016

Tina made our wedding more memorable than words can ever express. From the moment of our first call, I knew that having Tina coordinate my wedding, would guarantee an amazing event. I would recommend her to any bride. In fact, have already given her contact details to two friends. She walked me through what/if and weather related scenarios days leading up to the wedding and took complete control yesterday managing the entire day with such gentleness and care.. Tina came into the situation prepared for absolutely everything! Including taking control of our almost 3 year old toddler which in itself is no easy feat. She was not at all just any vendor. She put her heart into helping to guarantee a memorable and lovely day! My husband and I are forever thankful to her!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Totally about Weddings's reply:

Thank you Lisa! I wish you, Masimiliano and your beautiful family so much happiness for the future! It was a wonderful and great pleasure to be a part of your special day! Give my "little friend" a kiss from me! Hugs!

Melinda · Married on 11/08/2015

We hired Tina and Kelly to decorate our wedding 11/8/15 at the Feast of Roundhill in Washgingtonville Ny ,not only did they make our day look beautiful but they did it with ease. Tina also helped me by answering questions beforehand just talking to her eased my stress and I knew right away I made the right choice in hiring them both.Everything was just how I pictured it but better. They arrived early and were very personable and detail oriented. Couldn't be happier with their service.

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

We had our wedding at a zipline adventure park and Tina was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very excited to be a part of our non-traditional wedding and really helped us recognize a lot of the details that we may have overlooked (insurance, liquor licensing, officiant laws, etc). All our guests really enjoyed her company during the ceremony and reception. Tina was very responsive to our phone calls and we appreciated everything she did to make our day really spectacular.

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

Tina did a great job helping us finalize all the details for our wedding. We had a very non-traditional ceremony that existed on a ziplining course, and even though she'd never handled anything like that before, Tina was not afraid of a challenge. She worked with all our vendors, helped us locate our bartender, and acted as our officiant, so we were able to have the ceremony we wanted. Tina was very responsive, timely, and thorough. I would certainly recommend her!

Janine · Married on 07/16/2016

I simply didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. Tina was on it! We were impressed by how Tina took the reign and coordinated with the venue, photographer and DJ. She helped me prior to the wedding also but the "day of" is truly when she shinned.

Crystal · Married on 11/19/2016

2.2
      1.0
      2.0
      2.5
      2.0

I hired Tina after talking with her and felt confident that she would be a great coordinator for the day of my wedding. She was helpful with getting a hotel room block set up and answering any questions I had. We corresponded many times through email before my wedding. However, she never helped me make a time line for the day of, so I did. Day of, she ran 2o minutes late, and I was left dealing with some florist issues. She took charge once she arrived, however, got frazzled when she was told that she wouldn't be able to set up the venue right away. I ended up having to go through everything I brought, even though I emailed her a detailed list of everything I brought and where it needed to go. My bridesmaids actually had to pull me away so I could get my dress on since it was taking so much time. Our photographer made the decision to change my time line due to the sun going down early and she got visually frustrated with the situation instead of helping to re work the time line. Our photographer had to step up and take charge of the situation. He made sure none of my guest saw me in my dress early. We did a run through of the ceremony the day of and it was chaotic. She didn't take a moment to ask what I wanted, so I had to stop everyone and re-direct. Things ran smoothly for a while. My husband and I were a little were a little annoyed that we were asked numerous times about unnecessary questions during our day, as this is why we paid for a day of coordinator. Post reception she did do a great job of helping to get mostly everything packed up that I had asked her to. Which made packing up our car at the end of the reception much easier. I feel like overall she did not listen to what I wanted and needed; I question if I hadn't hired a day of coordinator, would the day have gone any differently?

Sent on 11/26/2016

Totally about Weddings's reply:

I apologize Crystal that you felt I didn't listen to what you wanted nor needed on your special day. I pride myself on always listening and attempting to meet all the demands of my couples. I had thought we agreed to meet at a certain time and I was able to deal with the florist when she was there. Perhaps that was something I misunderstood. I did not realize that I seemed frazzled to you and I will most definitely work on that in the future however, I think I was more confused as there no directions as to where things that you listed needed to be placed in the venue, i.e. the photo booth that was very large. I apologize if I seemed frustrated with the changes in the timeline and the redirection by the photographer. As you can imagine I was a little concerned as I was not informed and this caused a major timeline change thus causing the rehearsal to be very chaotic as the Officiant wanted to start a "trial run" as we were getting close on time. I'm glad everything was packed up well and made the moving it to the car so much easier for you. Thank you as I learned from your wedding a very big lesson. This is to say, “No” when I am told that I will be expected to do things that were not a part of a contract when I was hired to be facilitating and coordinating a wedding. I have a very hard time saying “No” but I think this is one time I should have. I truly enjoyed meeting you and your husband and being a part of your special day. It was a wonderful venue with a tremendous amount of great people. Wishing you all the joy and happiness!