20 Van Ness Road, Mechanicville, NY 12118 Map · Phone number
Package Price $750
Availability Check your date

About Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events

Congratulations on your engagement! I am a full scale wedding and event planner with over 20 years of experience in the event industry. In my career I have had the honor of being involved in almost 2,000 weddings and over 5,000 social, corporate and charity events. I have seen it all, fixed it all and never break a sweat! Over the past two decades, I have run some of the areas most prestigious venues and multi-million dollar catering companies and had the opportunity to spend seasons with decor companies, DJ's, photographers and planners. After deciding to start my own company several years ago, my ultimate dream was fulfilled and now I get to spend every day helping couples like you to create the celebrations of their dreams! Call me today for a free consult, I can't wait to meet you!

shelby 1 51 700645

Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events 5
Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events 6
Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events 7

Shelby · Getting married on 09/28/2019

Mary was absolutely fantastic. My day would not have been what it was without her. She did everything in her power to make sure we were calm, confident, and ready to spend the rest of our lives together. I can’t say enough good things about Mary. She became part of the family through the entire process of planning and executing our wedding day. I love you Mary!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events's reply:

I love you too Shelby! Thank you again for the HONOR of being a part of this whole process. I wish you and Stephen all of the happiness in the world!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2019

Life saver

We cannot say enough about Mary! She was absolutely fantastic! From start to finish, she was there for us for everything. She helped us through literally every step, up to and including calming us after less than half the flowers arrived for the bouquets the day before the wedding to without blinking an eye being able to change seating and ceremony when key guests were unable to attend with short notice (one even as she was flipping the room for the reception) , AND to helping replace the caterer 28 HOURS before. Then, even the day of making dress alterations on not only a bridesmaid, but the BRIDE as well, and helping the groom with a defective necktie! All through the day of 107 degree heat, with a slipped disc, and on her own 10 year anniversary--you would have never known, she didn't miss a beat or any detail. Her professionalism and outright friendship has a very true and dear place in our hearts! No issue, no matter how big or small was ever an issue at all to her. Without her, our day not only would probably not have been as perfect, but we don't even know if it would have happened at all. PLUS, she has been a tremendous help to our photographer as he himself learns the business. From Day 1 Mary was an absolute joy to work with, and we would recommend her tenfold to anyone! We only wish there was a 10 star rating on here. We hope this review is at least a fraction of the amount of help that she gave us...WE LOVE MARY!!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events 8

Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events's reply:

I truly, truly love and value you both so much! I will never ever forget the wonderful friendship we have built and share as long as I have the honor of being in this industry. You both deserve all of the joy and happiness I know this life will bring you!!
    xoxoxo
    MJ
  • Catherine

Catherine Kenny · Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely perfect from start to finish!

I truly do not have the words to describe how amazing Mary is. You can tell she loves what she does because it shines through in her work. She is extremely detail-oriented, leaving nothing overlooked, but she doesn't lose the big picture. She saved our wedding from one disaster after another, from making boutonnieres on the floor of the church the morning of the wedding because they didn't come in with the rest of our floral arrangements, to sewing my dress after the bustle broke, to arranging last minute table designs, running interference with a less than stellar venue, to so much more that I probably don't even know happened because she's just that good. She does all this with a smile on her face and a pep in her step even when we were all melting from the heat. She was such a blessing to have on our side. This anxious bride felt supported and calm despite unexpected challenges because Mary was right there whenever needed, usually before I even knew I needed her. Before the end of the night, just about every member of our bridal party was asking for her business card so they could hire her for their weddings. I didn't know I needed a coordinator until I had one and I couldn't think of a better one than Mary. If you want a wedding planner that treats you like family and always has a hug and a kind word ready, then you need to have Mary on your team. A million thank you's to you, Mary! We love you!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events 14
    Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events 15
    Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events 16

Mary Jacobs Weddings and Events's reply:

You two absolutely have my heart, my love and all of my gratitude! It has been my unending honor to be with you through this journey and I hope we will always be friends!! Congrats my loves!!!

Award

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

• Rebecca Gatto Photography
    Rebecca Gatto Photography Wedding Photographers

To know Mary Jacobs is to love her... to work with her on a wedding is to be completely blown away by how awesome she is! Mary knows all the ins and outs of the wedding industry, since she comes from a background in catering and banquet management. She goes out of her way to make sure every vendor on the team ("friendor," as she likes to put it) is supported and informed. Her focus is on making the day perfect for the couple, and she pursues perfection by being exceptionally kind and detail-oriented. Can't wait to work with her again!

• Blackburn Portrait Design
    Blackburn Portrait Design Wedding Photographers

Mary is the consummate wedding professional. With a variety of experience in all aspects of catering, Mary brings her expertise and caring to every event she works on. She is extremely detail oriented, and it is reflected in her work.

• Music Man Entertainment
    Music Man Entertainment Wedding DJs

Mary ROCKS!! Hire her and your Wedding Dreams will come true! She will take your "Vision" and turn it into "Reality"! Plain & Simple!! I have worked with her for years and she is just PERFECT!! Very creative, cool and the most down to earth person you could ever meet. Love her!

• 20 Van Ness Road Mechanicville, NY, 12118 See on map